Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
a new character pass around?

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> Stasis Hall - Completed or archived Storygames -> The Vault
View previous topic :: View next topic  

kkdestiny
Mayor

Topics: 56

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: a new character pass around? Reply with quote

ok so, my last character pass around didn't work.

So, I was hoping to start a new character pass around. I will only have two slots open for my partners this time, so we don't have to wait so long to get responces.

First come first serve, but keep in mind that you actually have to be willing to participate in each step.

slot 1. Misterbiz
slot 2. sagitaeri

Now what will happen (if this works)

is that at the beginning of each round, I will ask each of my partners (and myself) to add a trait under a specific catagory such as likes, dislikes, history, and appearance.

I will then keep track of the character details and post it up once I deem it completed. I will then write a bunch of settings (locations/times) with suggestions from my partners, and use random.org to choose. I will then start a new SG and write the first chapter, take DP suggestions, and set up the poll/close it. It will then be up to the next person in the cycle to write the next chapter based on what the audience/readers have chosen. Then I will set up the polls again and the person next in line after that will write the chapter, I will poll, and then it will be my turn again. ET CETERA

really,really short version: It's an SG with three authors having contributed to the making of the main character.

PLEASE tell me someone is interested in trying this.

Note: Due to its nature, this may be a slow process.

SLOTS FULL, PM IF YOU WANT STATUS REPORT

"The Freedom of Magic" Just got its THIRD chapter up!

Hope you all find the time to read them Very Happy *goes off to look for an SG to read*

Note to self: The Elven Moon; Coin; SVI; Black Animals; Two Wolves; Angel Cat

Last edited by kkdestiny on Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:02 pm; edited 4 times in total
misterbiz
Horror Mod

Topics: 50

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in

sagittaeri
Scifi/Experimental Mod

Topics: 16

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still not clear on how this works, but what hell, it sounds cool, so I'm in! Very Happy
kkdestiny
Mayor

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's ok, you got a pm explaining it all in simpler detail.

Title: Damned Fire
Starting Setting: library (modern)

Name: Hayden McCoy ("Dr. McCoy")

Appearance:

5'8"
Gold eyes (contacts)
Short, red hair with pink highlights

Scar on neck.

Scar on belly, not often seen.

Scar on left hand.

Personality:

Tends to wear vests, and not sweater vests.

dislikes

cats, generally avoids them, lies about being allergic

aracnophobiacs, they annoy him because all they do is scream and kill (when they see a spider of course)

Romantic comedies, they are boring and ridiculous. They are ridicuously boring.

jazz music, always playing quietly in the background, particuarly likes Mission Impossible

black licorice, always has a bag next to his computer and it's his first option when he gets a stomache ache

the color purple is everywhere in his room, also wears some purple at all times. Cites it as being a color associated with royalty. Purple laptop.

History:

Hayden grew up in a fairly normal home: a mom, a dad, a cat and him. When he was 3, he was a little too rough with the cat. It got angry and scratched his hand. They got rid of the cat after he started showing signs of uneasiness towards it. After that, Hayden lived a very fun and peaceful life, with one exception. Life had always been interupted whenever a spider entered the house, for his mom was a horrible aracnophiac. Her screams were so loud that it gave him shivers, goosebumps, and a ringing in the ears even after his dad disposed of the threat and things cooled down. It got so bad that, at eight, Hayden was a self proclaimed aracnophobiac. However, thanks to a good friend who was self taught about the ways getting along with your fellow creatures took Hayden under her wing. Together, the two of them were the two school freaks. He gained that status just through association. With their status, came the bullying.

Then the girl moved away.

Sometime after that, the top bully told Hayden to bring money to school and he'd leave him alone for a month. he asked his dad to supply the money, but his dad knew what was going to happen if he did and refused. His mother tried to give him advice, all of which he had tried before and had failed him. The day before the money was due, he bumped into someone and they dropped their wallet. As they were walking away, he picked it up. They were still walking away. Hayden felt that he needed the money, but also felt that it wasn't his to take. The person kept walking away, unaware of what they were missing. Making a decision, Hayden tore the id and other cards out of the wallet, threw it in the street, and ran for it. He paid the bully and got a month free of bullying, and a guilty concious. That day, as he was walking home, he procrastinated as much as possible.

As he was in an alley way, watching pidgeons as they swallowed pebbles, a hand fell on his shoulder. It was the guy who he had taken the wallet from. Suddenly frightened, he blabbed about how sorry he was that he took it and that he would find the money to pay him back somehow and just didn't want to get reported to the police.
The guy told him to relax.

His name was Kazuki Wantanabe, the third generation son of a japanese immigrant family.

He didn't yell at him, or threaten to tell the police, or even complain about it. Instead, he asked why he did it.

Once he was done with his explaination, Hayden was a sobbing mess. Kazuki only had one thing to say, "It's cool."
He then went on to explain that he didn't have any credit cards, in fact the only things he had in his wallet was his learning permit, hunting lisence, and gym membership. (not including the money) He then went onto to invite Hayden over for dinner and that he could use his cellphone to tell his parents, but he also said it was ok if he didn't want to.

After some thought, he decided to take the chance. After a scolding from his mother, it was decided that she was to meet kazuki first before deciding to trust him with her son or not. So they trekked there, and spent some time, Hayden's mom being protective and asking a lot of questions. Not once did he mention the wallet. Soon enough though, she agreed to let him go over to kazuki's house, but as she said "Only for a couple hours. He's got homework and school tomorrow."

Kazuki offered to help Hayden with his homework, but his mom didn't trust him that much yet.

After dinner at Kazuki's house, he took hayden aside and explained another reason why it was fine that he took his wallet. (Hayden returned it at this time btw)
He was a part of a group of odd teenagers, who were also bullied and who have banded together for one purpose: to help others get what they need. He invited him to meet them another day, and hayden was curious enough to agree.

So the next day after school, he went over to Kazuki's house and was brought to his basement. The base of operations. He met Kazuki's girlfriend, and their teammates and after a little while and some explaining, Hayden was accepted into the group.

Over the years he went over more and more often, and Hayden was allowed to explore his ideas and interests. Kazuki got him a dog for his birthday since he said he was allergic to cats. He rightly named him Havok. He now spends more time there than at home.

Abilities of note: excellent hacker; can pick locks

Other notables: left handed. Has a dog (Havok) has grown a little more distant with his family, who's having some troubles understanding him and his eccentric behavior.

Subject to editting

I chose his gender by coin toss, his age by dice roll, and the starting setting by random.org.

Ok guys, and for each new character developement form here, message me and I'll edit it to fit in. I'll write the first chapter...tomorrow x.x

Hope you all find the time to read them Very Happy *goes off to look for an SG to read*

Last edited by kkdestiny on Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:48 pm; edited 4 times in total
kkdestiny
Mayor

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DONE!

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> The Vault All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: