Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
ALL IFIANS, PLEASE READ!

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> City Central -> City Auditorium
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Tikanni Corazon
Honored Citizen

Topics: 75
Location: Running through the plains of my mind, my wolf spirit at my side (but doing so in the UK!).

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:22 am    Post subject: ALL IFIANS, PLEASE READ! Reply with quote

Hey all!

There have been some issues on IF over the last couple of weeks with editing posts. A couple of incidents have been reported, both of them seemingly for different reasons. One incident was related to editing a post with links, and the other was in editing the first post in an SG to create a poll. After having a bit of a fiddle around with a few different SGs (my apologies to anyone who finds a test poll in their own SG, just in case I forgot to delete any) I've found no other incidents of it not working, so I'm personally stumped...but then, I'm no expert in such matters, so I suppose that's to be expected. XD

Anyway, if anyone else experiences problems with such things, please post it into this thread, or you can contact me via PM if you prefer. The incidents so far have consisted of the person going to edit, clicking either submit/preview or trying to add an option to a poll, and then being transferred to this:

http://templates.doteasy.com/ErrorPages/error403/

So please, anything like this happens to you, let us know.

Thanks!

Last edited by Tikanni Corazon on Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:32 am; edited 1 time in total
HalfEmptyHero
Headmaster of the Academy

Topics: 33

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are most likely just transient server errors. If they end up happening too often, tell Key to yell at the hosting provider Wink
Tikanni Corazon
Honored Citizen

Location: Running through the plains of my mind, my wolf spirit at my side (but doing so in the UK!).

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, HEH! Passed the message on to Key, so he'll look into it. Wink

In the meantime, he's still trying to get it sorted out/find the source of the issue, and has asked if I'll give him a hand. Over the next day or so, I'm going to be trying to check most SGs to see if the polling issue is anywhere else on the site. I'll be leaving those with a currently open poll alone. Those with a poll in place, but where the poll is closed, I will be removing it, but I will post the results in your thread beforehand.

I hope this is acceptable, and sorry for the inconvenience. Smile

Key
King

Topics: 207

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not really a polling issue per se, it's more of a general posting/editing issue. I've logged a support ticket with the hosting provider, but they can't see any problems right now, and it's pretty hard for them to track down unless we can reproduce it consistently. So thanks Tikanni for looking into this, and please everyone else be on the lookout as well. If you can make it happen reliably let me know and I will see if we can use that to fix it.

Smile
Tikanni Corazon
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick note...

I've been going over the SGs as I said I would, and trying to set polls on each of them, to see if they're editable. In each instance I've left a 'test poll' in the threads. If you could just leave them in place please, I'd be much obliged, as it's helping me to keep track of the threads that I've already checked, lol! No further problems with editing in that area so far though.

There are a few SGs that are due for a new poll soon, so for those of you who wish to set up a new poll, could you just post in this thread to let me know please? Thanks!

I will probably be going over the individually owned forums as well as the main ones too, so again, apologies for any inconvenience. I'll get rid of of all the test polls when I'm finished with them, promise. Smile

And as Key said, if in the meantime any of you come across any issues with editing your posts, be sure to let Key know, or post it in here. Thank you!

Test poll (no point in voting)...although...hmmm...sweet or savoury?! ...just a bit of fun ;-)
Option 1 - sweet
50%
 50%  [ 5 ]
Option 2 - savoury
50%
 50%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 10
Who Voted: Cyberworm, D-Lotus, Key, kkdestiny, LordoftheNight, misterbiz, Phantomfan, plausible_follicile, PopeAlessandrosXVIII, sir wax

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> City Auditorium All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: