Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
A Life Everlasting ~ Official Information Thread

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> Role Player's Den -> Group Role Plays
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Tikanni Corazon
Honored Citizen

Topics: 75
Location: Running through the plains of my mind, my wolf spirit at my side (but doing so in the UK!).

Items
Legends
Fables
918 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:22 am    Post subject: A Life Everlasting ~ Official Information Thread Reply with quote

Hey all!

This is where I'll be posting any information that's essential to the game. So that includes rules, information about the world in which the game is set, images that might be helpful, etc.

Please can no one else post in this thread please, unless asked to or given express permission to. If you have any questions, or suggestions that you think could prove useful, please post them in the discussion thread. Thank you! Smile

Tikanni Corazon
Honored Citizen

Location: Running through the plains of my mind, my wolf spirit at my side (but doing so in the UK!).

Items
Legends
Fables
918 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Character Creation

Basic Character Template

Name:

Sex:

Clan:

Basic Appearance (hair colour/style, eye colour, anything else of significance; some things will be added when you come to receive a more detailed overview of your Clan's ways/history):

Basic Personality (some beliefs and values will come when you receive a more detailed overview of your Clan's ways/history):

~~~

When your character has been submitted to me via PM, I'll give it a look over, send you a PM back stating if it's okay, and if it isn't, what needs changing, along with a summery of your chosen Clan. There are certain physical aspects unique to each Clan that will need to be integrated into the character sheet, such as tattoos and such. And also, it will contain information about the beliefs and general attitiude of the Clan that might prove useful to you. But, as always, I'm open for questions, which you can submit to me through PM. Smile

Tikanni Corazon
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
918 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Rules of Game-Play

1~ Probably one of, if not 'the' most important rule for friendly RPing – No god-modding! The only character that you get to control is the one you have created yourself, unless you have express permission from myself to do so, and that's unlikely to happen unless there's a very good reason behind the request. Even then, it will only be over NPC characters. There is no way that you can have a say in the actions of another player's character.

An example with the no-nos marked in bold:

Lara walked close to the lake's edge. She turned to look at Aiden and smiled when he looked back at her. Suddenly, she lost her footing and slipped. She lurched frantically at Aiden, grasping his arm as she desperately tried to prevent herself from falling. But she only succeeded in dragging him down too, and both of them fell into the water below.

The first part could potentially be okay. If, in the previous post Aiden looked at Lara, she could acknowledge that he'd done so. So in that instance, this is fine. If not though, Lara's player can not just assume that Aiden is going to look back at her. That is for Aiden's player to decide. He/she may wish for Aiden to not notice Lara looking at him. So, acknowledgement of an action fine, making up an action not fine.

The second one there's no way around it. Complete no-go. Lara's player cannot make the decision that Aiden is going to fall. Any number of things could happen to prevent that from happening. He could grab a hold of something or his player may even wish to just shake Lara off to stop himself from falling. You cannot take it upon yourself to arrange these things to happen as you'd want. Also, depending on how you play, the GM could have a say in whether Lara succeeds in grabbing a hold of Aiden or not, giving both players something to react to.

The correct version:

Lara walked close to the lake's edge. She turned to look at Aiden and smiled at him. Suddenly she lost her footing and slipped. She lurched frantically at Aiden, reaching out to grab him to prevent herself from falling.

No god-modding here. Aiden gets to choose how his character reacts, and the GM, if he/she wish to have a say in what happens, can.

The GM (Game Master) is the exception to the rule. The GM is all powerful, and knows everything! Mwahahahahaha! So you'd better all hope that I'm not some control freak, intent upon having everything go my way...nah, I'm not. XD Relaxed and groovy GM here! But still, I am the only one that can have a say in what happens to your characters besides yourself. Just be sure to keep to your own charrie and there shouldn't be any problems.

~~~

2~ Word count per post – I've been having a good think about this, and as I've said before, I want the quality of writing here to be akin to that which you'd grant to your own SGs, so that images and actions can be properly conveyed to the other players. I think for that to happen, there needs to be a certain amount of writing in each post. That said, we don't want every post to be a novel in itself.

So, minimum word count is to be 100 words. No less than that if you please. And I think I can trust you all to be sensible when it comes to the maximum length, so I'm going to put a 1000 word maximum on posts, just so that you have the elbow room in case you need it. But, in general, try and keep it to quite a lot less than that please.

~~~

3~ Grammar – As I just said, I was the same amount of care to be taken with your posts here as I would in your SGs, so I expect a good level of grammar and spelling please. It's just good manners really. Myself and the other players will be reading your posts so it should be done properly. I'm not going to be an ogre about it and go mad every time there's a typo. Just generally keep tabs on it and do your best. Smile

~~~

4~ Be friendly – I want this RP to go well and I want everyone to get on and such, so keep it friendly. If you have any problems, tell me and I'll get it sorted out. I do not want any bickering or personal vendettas or anything like that. This is supposed to be fun, and I will not tolerate anyone attempting to compromise that.

There may be more rules added if/when they're needed, but those are the main ones that come to mind for me. Keep to them and everyone will be happy. Break them once, you'll be given a warning, unless that once is something very affecting to the game, in which case it will be decided on a case by case basis. Break them continually, and there will be consequences.

Okay, that's all for now! See you all in the game! Wink

Just a little note to say also, your characters belong to you, so copyright of them belongs to you also. As for the rest of the story as we go along, copyright of that belongs to myself.

Last edited by Tikanni Corazon on Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tikanni Corazon
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
918 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Glossary

This is a collection of little bits and bobs that might come in use throughout the game. Any place names, creatures, races, places, objects, etc – I will relate them here with a summery of their meaning/physical description. Smile

A

B

C

D

E

F

G

Grix - Standing seven feet + tall, a Grix is a formidable sight to any other living thing. Their bodies are vaguely humanoid in general layout and appearance, but they look very little like humans at all in truth. They have short, stout legs, while their arms are very elongated, allowing them to walk on all fours should they desire it (like a gorilla, in real world terms). They have very broad shoulders and rather oversized, misshapen heads, with a large torso tapering down to a much slimmer abdomen. They're covered in skin of a grey-green hue, with stringy black hair hanging from their heads.

Grix wear very little clothing, males and females alike. Their mentality is slightly animalistic, though they retain the basic human-like abilities required to intermingle and communicate with the other races if need be (such as if they need something from the Greenvale Market). They understand rules and boundries, but are unwilling to submit to ways other than their own if they feel they're doing no harm. So it can prove quite a sight to others in the vicinity when a full grown female Grix passes by, clad in nothing more than a small loin-cloth and nothing more. There is very little difference in appearance between the sexes, other than in the most obvious areas.

H

I

J

K

L

M

N

O

P

Q

R

S

Sweet-Moon Apples - Grown only in the Wolf-Clan lands, the Sweet Moon Apple is famous not only for the vibrant purple hue of it's outer skin, but the incomparably crisp yet juicy inner. They are delightfully sweet in flavour, with a slight honey-like taste to them, and are much sought after at the Greenvale market by the other Clans.

The 'moon' part of their name comes from their unusual way of growing. The trees, for much of the year, are covered in blossoms of a deep-purple hue with an intoxicating scent which are also used in perfumes. The scent is wonderfully floral (kinda like narcissus, in real world terms) mingled with a honey-like undertone.

These blossoms grow abundantly for the majority of a month, right up until the full moon. Then, overnight, the blossoms fall to the ground, and the apples grow. This all happens over the course of one night. The next day, the apples are picked, and the blossoms collected from the ground, each for their own purpose. Once the apples have been picked, the process starts all over again, with the new blossoms appearing over the course of a fortnight.

T

U

V

Velanthia - Very few people knows what a Velanthia truly looks like, and those who claim to have seen one have been driven to madness by the experience, and so are regarded as an unreliable source. They look to be human-like in general appearance, usually standing around six and a half feet tall, and being slim in stature. It's unknown what differences there are in the sexes, if indeed there are any. When they're seen, which is very rarely, all that one can describe them as is 'very tall, very slim, dressed all in black from head to toe, scary as hell'.

The forms of the Velanthia are clad in long robes of black that flow to the ground, their footwear is black, and they have a shiny, black belt nipping their garments in at the waist. Their heads are covered by deep, black hoods, obscuring their face entirely. It is thought the faces within may be covered too, for inside the hood it's so black that none of their features can be seen. Others say that the Velanthia have no form to be seen within their clothing, and that they are spirit-like and immaterial.

The Velanthia do not speak or make a sound of any kind. If they want something, they ask for it via gesture, and they give off a general aura of foreboding.

W

X

Y

Z

Tikanni Corazon
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
918 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greenvale Market - Basic Map

Just a basic map (no laughing at my efforts XD) to show you the market and the surrounding neutral zone and the Clan-land boundaries. It's in four parts, as I found myself unable to upload the whole thing in one piece. But it's still perfectly usable. Smile

1)

2)

3)

4)

Tikanni Corazon
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
918 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dice Rolls

Okay, a little bit of info on how I'm determining the outcomes of the rolls, just for the clarification of the players. Basically I'm using two really simple methods, being a simple girl. XD

For yes/no answers, I roll, and all odd numbers are negative or no, and all evens are positive or yes.

If I'm needing to know what level to which something is noticed, or the level of a person emotions (anger, annoyance, sadness, etc), or anything else like that, I merely use the dice as a scale, 1 being very little and gradually moving up with 6 being the maximum.

~~~

Example:

We'll take the latest turn (at the time of this post being made) and use Sagi's results.

I needed a yes/no roll first, to determine if Max and the piglet had been noticed. A 4 was rolled, which is even and therefore a positive. So yes, he was noticed.

I then rolled to determine how the vendor reacted to it, using a scale roll, 1 being negative and going up to 6, which was positive. A 5 was rolled, so pretty positive. Therefore a wrote the vendor as wanting to help/being friendly towards Max.

Finally I rolled a yes/no roll to see if Max notices the vendor approaching, which would affect Sagi's next post as well as mine. A 3 was rolled, which is odd and therefore a negative. So no, he didn't notice.

~~~

Hopefully that'll answer any questions that you have, though let me know if it doesn't. I'll add more if/when it's required. Smile

Tikanni Corazon
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
918 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NEW RULES OF POSTING/TIME-LIMITS

I've been advised by a friend of mine who GMs regularly to put up some rules about posting. Specifically about time limits and the consequences of not sticking to them. I probably should have added something like this before, but it didn't occur to me at the time. When RPing, it's always best to keep it moving and have regular posts. Having as many players as we have should make this easy enough, but I'm putting these rules up anyway just to clarify what I'm expecting from everyone. I'm a relaxed and groovy GM, but regardless I want this RP to continue, and there's less chance of that happening if people have to wait for ages for posts to be put up, as they'll just get bored. Without further ado, here are the additional rules:

All player posts must be made within two days of the preceding GM post. I would prefer it to be within one day if possible, but two days is the maximum. If a post hasn't been made at this time, the player in question will be skipped, and, if required, I, the GM, will post for the character instead. Such a post will not include anything major in the character's personal story/journey, it will merely be written to keep the story moving. If other players have posts to make after this, I will allow them a little extra time to get their posts written.

If a player misses more than two posts in a row, and/or regularly misses posts, I'm afraid I will have to consider their place in the game, and decide if they should still be allowed to play.

If there comes a time when a player knows that they will not be able to make the deadline, they should let the GM know, and arrangements can be made accordingly. This is only polite, towards myself and also for the sake of the other players, and I assure you I will not be a happy bunny should it be otherwise.

These rules will come into play after the next GM post officially. Please take note of these rules. Right now, this game seems to be going well if the feedback I've received is anything to go by, and I want it to remain so.

Tikanni Corazon
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
918 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a reply that I PMed to Lil earlier to answer some questions she had, and I thought it might prove useful to everyone else involved, so I decided to post it up in here for your reference too. It's about the layout of the lands and a little bit of inner clan info too.

~~~

I have yet to actually map out the position of the Dragon Lands, but they're south of the Realm of the Fallen Tiger, so through the acursed Leopard Clanlands. I will make a map of them soon enough though, but they will be in the basic style that the map of Greenvale is in, in the Official Info thread. Proof that the deed has been carried out (though remember, it's not necessarily needing to kill Hanna Xia that is required, though it would work...it just needs to be a way to beat the Dragonlands) would be reported at the Imperial Palace, which is far North above the Wolf Clanlands. The Imperial lands are their own and not joined to any of the clanlands. Hanna Xia's Imperial Palace, is far south, at the very borders of the Dragonlands, so they're almost like a mirror. The Dragonlands also have their own Clans too (which I've not wholly figured out yet, but that's fine because I don't need to right now), and though the Wolf, Boar, Serpent and Leopard clans are all loyal to the Tigerlands, the winning Emperor is the one who makes the rules as to the day to day life of the citizens of both lands. He cannot get in the way or hinder the acts of war, but he does have an overruling over all lands.

When picturing the lands as a whole, think of them as an island. They're surrounded by ocean, and each of the Imperial Palaces are located by the sea on great tall cliffs. The clans are mostly nomadic, though there are more modern areas and aspects, which I will also detail at some point, as well as map out. There's lots of forestland and wide open plains.

The clans are stirct about keeping to their own lands. To be caught upon the land of another clan is pretty much signing your own death warrant. It isn't tollorated by any of them. They're proud of their heritage, and to disown/leave ones clan is a huge choice to make, as you will no longer have their loyalty and protection behind you. You will be alone, and have all against you. Forced to live in the neutral zone, you're also very open to being attacked.

Tikanni Corazon
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
918 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a practice run today, I felt compelled to post up the first ever live RP session with the original five players! It shall be forever recorded here in this thread as a reminder of the awesomeness! And for slight sentimental value too. Razz

~~~

Tikanni Corazon: The forest surrounding the clearing is deathly quiet, not even the hooting of an owl or the rustle of some small nocturnal creature. The night sky only darkens the shadows left by the overhanging trees, a thin stream of moonlight being the only thing giving any light in the darkness.
Tikanni Corazon: The lightest crack of a twig cuts through the unnerving silence.
Tikanni Corazon: Suddenly, out of nowhere, a dark shape rushes at the group from the shelter of the trees, where it was previously concealed by the shadows.

sagittaeri: Max: Surprised at the suddenly approaching shadow, Max quickly recovers and jumps out of the way. Quickly drawing his dagger, he takes a moment to examine the shape.

misterbiz: Lucan: After dodging the beasts attack, Lucan makes a beeline for the edge of the forest and the nearest tree.

PopeAlessandrosXVIII: Elman: At the snap of the twig, Elman's head whips around towards the sound. He catches sight of the shadow just in time to roll aside, coming up next to a smaller figure. Pulling his two smaller blades he steps little behind the smaller person and watches the shadow carefully.

Seraphi: Sumei: Distracted by her own thoughts, she is unprepared for the beast as it comes into the clearing. It hits her fully, knocking the air from her lungs. She skids across the ground, trying to regain her breath as she comes to a halt some feet away, registering that whatever it is, it is large and muscular, and covered in fur.

Tikanni Corazon: Yuri: She turns at the crack of a twig, not actually certain of the direction from which it came. Before she realises what is happening, a shape comes blundering out of the shadows and knocks her flying. She hits the ground with a grimace, turning to look at whatever had hit her, getting to her feet as quickly as her sore body would allow.

Tikanni Corazon: The shape stops, and turns to face them, coming more into the faint moonlight, it's identity becoming more clear...
Tikanni Corazon: The bear is enormous, it's fangs longer than a man's hand and dripping with pink-tinged saliva. It rears up on it's haunches, towering a full twelve feet tall, and roars at the small company. It's eyes glow an unearthly green shade, as it's gaze locks upon each of them in turn...

PopeAlessandrosXVIII: Elman: As the beast rears Elman swallows hard. Tightening his grip on his blade handles his eye narrows at a slightly off color around the bear's neck. Raising his voice a little above normal in hopes that the ones around him will be able to hear he says, "There's something off about it. Look to it's throat. I suggest we do not think of this as merely a beast." Circling a little to the smaller one's right he catches the moonlight on his blade and says a soft prayer to the spirits.

Tikanni Corazon: Yuri: She notices the strange object about the bear's neck also. "He's right...something is amiss here...tread carefully, this animal is not what it seems..."

sagittaeri: Max: Something at the throat? Max squints at the bear, but he couldn't make it out from this distance. "What is it?" he asks the girl and the Serpent behind him.

misterbiz: Lucan: Near the forest's edge, he kisses Sarpe's head and lets her off his arm onto the ground before attempting to quickly climb the tree next to him.

Seraphi: Sumei: She squints hard at the bear's neck. Something off? All she can see is matted fur covered in dirt and pink saliva from its frothing mouth. She scoffs, "Who cares how big it is or what the hell is wrong with it? I'll have its head!" She rolls to her feet and takes the axes from the holsters at her hips, brandishing them at the beast.

Tikanni Corazon: Yuri: She steps forward slowly and takes a hold of Max's arm and draws him back slightly, not entirely trusting him to not act rashly. She keeps her eyes on the demon bear as she speaks. "Try to keep out of the way of it's paws...those claws will skewer you without a second thought. Try and aim for the throat and the backs of the legs if you can get within range...the latter at least might slow it down..." She looks incredulously at the Boar girl as she steps forward.

sagittaeri: Max: "Out of the way?" he considers the information. Throat? Too high. Back of the legs...they have to get close. "Sneak around him and get his legs while we distract it," he whispers at the girl.

Tikanni Corazon: The bear stands looking at them, keeping almost perfectly still other than the slight tilt of it's head as it turns to each of them. There's a great feeling of forboding radiating from it...

Tikanni Corazon: Yuri: "You and Sumei both," she gestures to the Boar girl. "Just be careful...don't run into it's attack or anything..." She gives him a firm look, then backs towards the trees slightly, before moving around towards the bear's rear.

PopeAlessandrosXVIII: Elman: Still close enough to the boy to hear the exchange of words, Elman overhears the plan and grins at how Yuri left him out of it. With nothing better to do he side steps so he's standing between Sumei and Max, at the ready should they need help.

Seraphi: Sumei: She narrows her eyes at Yuri. "Who are you to tell me what to do?" She watches as Max rushes over to stand next to her wielding a single dagger. Elman slides between them and settles into a position slightly behind the two Boars. "This is ridiculous. Stay out of my way!" She steps in front of the boy and the tall Serpent. Taking a deep breath she hurls one of the axes at the bears neck, sprinting after the release of the weapon to follow up on the attack with the axe still in her other hand.

misterbiz: Lucan: Not being able to get up the tree, Lucan frowned. No matter. He could make due on the ground. He had Darkness, he was calm and collected. The bear was too busy with them. He pulled his longbow from his back and an arrow with it. He readied a shot at the back of the bears legs and took a deep breath to calm himself anymore. Taking one more breath for good measure, he let the arrow fly, hoping for the best.

Tikanni Corazon: The axe struck the bear in the shoulder, and the beast screamed, raising a paw in fury and knocking Sumei flying as she charged. A moment later, pain shot through it's back leg, as the arrow pieced it's hamstring. The animal collapsed in a heap, roaring in agony and anger.

sagittaeri: Max: An angry bear is not good, but now is their chance to get its neck! Taking a risk, Max darts towards the bear, throwing the dagger towards the object in the neck.

Tikanni Corazon: The dagger bounces off the bear's hide and into the grass at it's feet. It continues to roar at them, swinging it's massive paws in an attempt to gut them.

PopeAlessandrosXVIII: Elman: Elman takes a second to marvel at the gung-ho nature of his traveling companions before putting away one of his blades and moving forward a few steps to try and pull the youngster back.

Seraphi: Sumei: She snorts. She was going for the bear's neck, but the shoulder would do. She would widen the wound there, further distracting the beast and giving the others a chance to take it down from a different angle. As she sprints forward she sees the bears paw coming at her. She tries to grind to a halt and pivot out of the way, but the grass underfoot is slick with dew and the bears catches her in the side, batting her away. She scampers to her feet as she stops sliding. "Damn it!" The beast is starting to irritate her.

misterbiz: Lucan: "How 'bout another arrow for the big, bad beastie, eh, pretty one?" Lucan readies another arrow and takes a breath to calm himself and refine his aim. As a smirk played at his lips, he aimed at the back of the bears other hind leg and let an arrow fly.

sagittaeri: Max: Feeling a tug behind him, he was about to elbow it away at first, but at that split second he notices the bear's swinging paw! Using the tug behind him to aid him, he tries to jump away from the attack.

~~~

Thanks to all my players! You were awesome! Smile

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> Group Role Plays All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: