Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
Monsters? - Section 6 ~*~NEW~*~

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> Manor of the Macabre - Horror, Mystery, and Suspense -> Storygames: Horror, Mystery and Suspense
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author Chapter
PopeAlessandrosXVIII
Arts and Poetry Mod

Topics: 122

Items
Legends
13801 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Monsters? - Section 6 ~*~NEW~*~ Reply with quote

Monsters?

Dr. Izea Lex walks through the halls of work, his eyes drifting from one horror to another. St. Agnus Hospital had turned from a well ordered clan facility into one's worst nightmare in the matter of hour. His stomach churns but nothing threatens to come up. He had long since given up all there was to give from it, and now even the dry heaves have subsided. He steps gingerly over the right arm and half a torso of one of the nurses who worked in his wing. He vaguely recalls her name is. . . was Mable. Against one wall brain matter and bits of skull seem to be embedded in the cracked drywall. His gray eyes shift back and forth as he moves towards the source of the carnage.

Moving down the ward he stops bu the nurses station and glances inside. The clean stacks of rags and medical equipment along the right hand wall is untouched, pristine, starkly contrasting the red painting the wall and floor by the back supply closet. The door had been ripped from it's hinges and now lay in splinters across the floor. The doctor licks his lips uselessly, his tongue dry as they. His eyes water ever so slightly as he recognizes a few of the people stacked atop one another, their bodily fluids and organs coming together in a pile around the mound. The smell of blood and such coming from all corners of the hospital no longer seem to register in his nose for the most part, but this concentration of stench hits him hard.

Stumbling backwards he catches himself before falling face first into a mess of redness splattered across the floor of the hallway. There are no longer any scream ringing in his ears. No longer the sound of bodies breaking, of people dieing pounding into his mind. The red emergency lights flash silently, feeding into the quiet that seems to invade his senses. He at last come to a room, it's door clan and the area around it untouched by the claw marks that had littered the walls and floor in almost every corner of the hospital. A lone tear falls as he reaches for the handle, pushing the door open on well oiled hinges.

Bloody footprints and streak marks are the only signs that anything is off in this sterile room. His eyes trail the blood up to the hospital bed where the cause of all the carnage lay. Now looking completely human the creature seems to be sleeping soundly. At 27 years of age, young Sasha Minxs lay curled up like a cat laying before a warm fireplace after a long day of frolicking. His clothes had been entirely shredded in the massacre and not even a shred remained. The tear falling from the doctors eye falls to the floor as he look over at his life long friend.

He and Sasha had spent their entire childhoods together, even sharing their birthdays of October 13th, they were close as could be. As he steps into the room the doctor walks as quietly as possible, not wanting to wake the sleeping man. Stopping by his bedside he watches as the blood coating much of Sasha's body soaks into the white sheets. A light breeze through the window ruffles the sleeping mans shortish tousled brown hair, causing him to shift in his sleep. Izea holds his breath, praying Sasha wouldn't wake. When he settles back down with a sigh the doc lets out his breath slowly.

Sasha had spent the last 5 years of his life in this hospital. The two of them had been chem and bio majors in collage, and after graduating went to work for Izea's uncle in a testing facility. Having skipped a few grades, they graduated young, and were by far the youngest guys working at the facility. This earned them a little flak at first, but eventually they became quite respected by the other scientists. Their work war revolutionary. However, after an accident with one of the specimens they had been working on, Sasha had to be admitted to the hospital. At first it had seemed he could return to work in a few weeks, but instead of getting better, things got. . .Strange.

Wracked with guilt over what happened, blaming the whole ordeal on himself, Izea had quit his job at the testing center and instead got a job in the lab at the hospital Sasha would spend the next 5 years in. While Sasha did not blame Izea, that didn't stop Izea from devoting most of his time trying to find a cure for his friend. Before today his fits of rage and transformations had been small, short, and contained. Sasha had been a kind and mild mannered guy before the accident, and remained so most of the time afterward save when the experimental DNA took over. Izea racked up a small collection of scars from various outbursts from his dear friend.

But that evening, that hour, everything had changed. Izea watches as before his very eyes Sasha became, a monster. The change was smooth, almost graceful, but the sounds of bones shifting and organs rearranging was sickening. Sasha had busted out of his room, ignoring Izea completely as he sat frozen in horror at the end of Sasha's bed. They had been talking about how to celebrate their birthday that evening, and laughing over the fact that Sasha's mother still sent him gifts. It took until the first scream for Izea even to stand. The chilling sound had dropped his stomach to his shoes. He'd rushed away from the screams, to his office where he kept a strong tranquilizer that had worked before when he'd gotten particularly violent.

Izea pulls the syringe from his pocket, the plunger pushed to the hilt, the tube empty. “But it didn't work.” He whispers, his voice dry and wispy. Another tear falls, this time splashing down on the blood soaked sheets. “You killed so fast. . . . .” As fast as Izea ran, he couldn't seem to catch up to his friend to stop him. Bullets had no effect, passing through his body like he was made of jello, the wound healing up an instant later. When at last he caught up to Sasha and had injected him, everyone was dead. Sasha had stumbled off towards his room while Izea was finally hit hard by all the carnage around him.

Letting out a small sob Izea pulls another syringe from his pocket, this one full of a slightly luminescent liquid. This, this would kill his friend, but could he do it? Would Sasha even let him? He knew that even in his sleep, Sasha would sense the danger, and could stop him without thinking. What should he do? Was there ever any chance he could save his friend?

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

You look down at the building bellow, you sight passing through the roof and walls. The bodies and blood below sends a shock through your system. Your astral body hangs suspended above it all, but some part of you knows. Quickly you search for him, your friend, Izea. ~Please, let him be safe~ Your eyes are drawn to your room. There he is, safe and sound. But, what's this? He's. . . .He's crying. And ~Oh god. . . . .~ you, you're, covered in. . . . .It all clicks into place and you feel a rush of guilt. Not for the fact that you just slaughtered a hospital full of people, but that Izea had to see it.

Your feelings had been strange since the accident, and you almost seemed to need to feel through Izea. You still remember feelings, and when he's around everything seems normal. ~He must be so upset right now~ You ache inside for a moment before you notice the syringe. The tell-tale glow lets you know what's inside. ~He, he's going to kill me? But, but we are friends~ You manage to drift a little closer, your mind whirring. ~I guess if he thinks I should, but, I don't want to die! If, if he could just help fix me. . . . .~ Your mind continues to drift about as you debate whether or not to stop your friend. ~If I die, he can get on with his life, and I won't make him sad anymore, but if I live, maybe, I can make up for what I did. Maybe, I'll be able to be myself again~

+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+

This story is going to be set up a bit differently from most. Each person can make as many suggestions as they like. Also, there will be no polling. Each suggestion will get it's own paragraph or more depending on how inspired I am at any given moment. This is going to be kinda like a “Choose your own scare” book. But, to avoid making this too branchy, this is gonna work like this.

Lets say I get three suggestions, I will then write for each suggestion. The next round each player must pick one of the paragraphs to continue from, and make suggestion/s from there. If only two of the prior suggestions are chosen to continue from, the one left out is now a dead branch. Like this:

Simple ne?

Anyways, “You” are Sasha, or more specificly, Sasha's astral projection, at the moment. Feel free to throw in as many suggestions as you like and go wild! Note, the story can go on even if you decide to kill Sasha, just letting you know. So, 2 days after the first suggestion is posted (giving people time to read up) I'll close suggestion time and write the paragraphs. Have at it, and have fun!

To Be A Knight
And my first Finished work Death Day

Last edited by PopeAlessandrosXVIII on Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:35 pm; edited 7 times in total
Pockey
Oddling

Topics: 0

Items
Legends
32 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Suggestion Reply with quote

Sasha goes into a coma from the stuff. It doesn't kill him but he is presumed dead. 2 years later he awakens in his grave. Or he dies if you hate that idea. I dunno I'm all for self sacrifice and things like that lol

~Edger Allen Poe.
PopeAlessandrosXVIII
Arts and Poetry Mod

Items
Legends
13801 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the comment Pockey-chan! This could be fun Razz

To Be A Knight
sagittaeri
Scifi/Experimental Mod

Topics: 16

Items
Legends
2730 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not 100% clear on how this works, but I'll play along. Very Happy

Sasha couldn't decide what to do. He's torn between the two options. In the end, he chooses to respect his friend's decision and closes his eye...only, just before anything could happen, the monster awakens again and escapes the facility, but interestingly, letting his friend live.
PopeAlessandrosXVIII
Arts and Poetry Mod

Items
Legends
13801 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Yays Reply with quote

Thanks for the comment! Yays, I gots players Razz Anyways, suggestion time ends midnight tomorrow my time!

To Be A Knight
Seraphi
General Fiction Mod

Topics: 2

Items
Legends
5512 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phew! Made it just in time!

I like the way this story works, Pope. I think it will be very interesting to see how it forms by branching from everyone's different suggestions. Smile

Hm...if Sasha can feel through Izea, then maybe the reverse can happen. Izea, from that connection, decides not to kill his friend, merely create a stronger sedative to keep Sasha's body in a comatose state until they can figure out how to cure him.
misterbiz
Horror Mod

Topics: 50

Items
Legends
2874 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sasha is given the injection but instead of killing him, it wakes the beast and locks the Astral projection out, rendering Sasha no longer an astral projection but a ghost.

The syringe did kill him but only the human side.

Author Chapter
PopeAlessandrosXVIII
Arts and Poetry Mod

Items
Legends
13801 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:12 am    Post subject: Section 1 Reply with quote

Okay, this is how it's gonna work. Below I'm going to list each suggestion in a particular color, and the corresponding section will be in the same color. When making your suggestions for the next section please list which color you want to make the suggestion for for each suggestion made, alright? Kay, here we go!

Red – Sasha gets injected which puts him into a death like coma for 2 years. He is assumed dead and is entombed, wakeing after the two years.

Green – Sasha intends to let Izea inject him, but just before it happens the monster awakens within him. The monster flees the facility, letting Dr. Izea live for some reason.

Orange – Izea feels his friend's will to live and decides not to kill him. Instead he makes a stronger sedative to put his friend in a coma until a cure can be found.

Blue – The injection kills only the human side of Sasha, turning his astral projection into a ghost. The beast still lives.

Now for the actual story part Razz

+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

Blood rushes through my ears, the stuffy dark confines of wherever I am causing the animalistic response of panic to flood my body. I reach out before myself and feel cool stone against my fingers. My mouth is dry, my head fuzzy. I try and call out but only a harsh rasp escapes my throat. 'Why? What? What's happening!?' Clawing at the stone above me I strain all my muscles trying to do something to escape. I feel weak, as if I was drugged, but no, I don't think. . . . .'Wait. Izea he, he did something. . . .' My thoughts are still hazy. I feel a little skip in my heart as the stone above me finally moves. I strain even harder and a sliver of light spills into the darkness around me. Something clicks in my mind and instead of pushing up, I try sliding the stone sideways.

The stone falls away with a loud crash, the light surrounding me blinding after the complete darkness. Sitting up I hold my arm over my eyes for several minutes before attempting to look around. Slowly it all comes into focus. Stone angels, crosses, and other stone boxes like my own litter the area.'A-a graveyard?!' My head throbs but despite the pain I climb from my tomb, stumbling on the dew slick grass at it's base. The night air feels cool on my skin, and the cheap suit covering my body does little to quell my shivering. Finally it all comes back to me. The rampage, the massacre, Izea. . . . .It all floods back into my mind like a horror film I never wanted to see. 'At least Izea was okay' I know I should feel bad for what I did, but I can't seem to bring the feelings out. Shaking my head slightly I look around. The graveyard seems somehow familiar, but I can't quite place it. . . . . . .

_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_

Suddenly my thoughts blur and I feel myself being drawn forcefully back into my body. I try to cry out for Izea to run, but it is too late. . . .

======

With an almighty roar Sasha leaps from the bed towards the window. His body erupts into reddish brown fur, a long whip like tail stretching out from the end of his spine. At the tip a green hook like blade seems to cut it's way out. Izea falls back against the wall beside the doorway, his heart in his throat. The beast turns to look at him, the violet irises surrounding the cross shaped pupils seeming to glow in the flashing red emergency lights. Glistening fangs peek out from beneath his top lip, and black blade like bones split the fur where they appear along the outer edges of his arm between wrist and elbow. Sasha takes a deep breath, seeming to sample the air before turning back to the window. Dr. Izea watched in vague wonder as the beast opens the window with clawed fingers before leaping outside. It is several long moments before Izea can convince his legs to move. When at last he forces himself into motion he stumbles to the window. The grounds below are quiet, a soft breeze the only thing disturbing the peace of the night.

_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_

I watch as Izea seem to struggle within himself. I manage to float even closer, but just as I reach the area above my room he turns and races out.~Izea?~ My visions follows him, down the hall, down the stairs, over bodies and across floors slick with blood. ~What are you doing Izea?~ I see him murmur to himself as he runs but I can not hear what he says. He skids to a halt outside the lab. His hands are almost too fast to see as he begins mixing something. The chill of his absence creeps into me and I can feel a part of myself beginning to stir. ~Hurry Izea! I don't want to do any more bad things!~ Moments later he's sprinting back towards my room, a large syringe in hand. I feel myself beginning to fade, my conscious mind trying to take over. I tighten my hold on my mind. At last Izea arrives not a moment too soon. I feel the needle plunge into my neck just as my grip on my mind breaks and I begin to wake. I smile softly as I feel myself fading. ~Good job Izea, and thank you. . . .~

=====

Izea lets out a sigh as his friend's breath slows, his fluttering eyes settling back to resting position. The syringe falls from his fingers as he grips the bars at the head of the bed for support. “Rest now my friend,” he murmurs softly. “And please, forgive me. . . . . .”

_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_

Izea hesitates for almost a full minute before doing what I know he feels he must. I feel the prick as the needle penetrates the base of my skull. As he pushes the plunger down I am filled with shear agony. ~AAAAHHHHHHHHHHH~ The scream echo around me, unheard by anyone but myself. I curl into a ball, willing the pain to stop. After several seconds of what I imagine hell may feel like, the pain fades. It takes some time for me to uncurl but when I do I can tell immediately that something is horribly, wrong. The ground bellow is covered in people, but not like Izea. Much like myself, I can see through them ever so slightly. ~What? It can't. . . What!?~ Looking back to my room I can feel Izea's terror as he falls back against a wall. Upon my bead lay the beast. I had seen it several times from videos Izea had taken of me in that state for research purposes, but seeing it this way feels completely different.

It seems to resemble a mutated monkey, just like the projections from our project had predicted. Unlike our projections though, the mind had become completely unstable. I look from the people gathered on the grounds, as well as roaming the halls and an impossible suggestion begins scratching at the back of my mind.~Foolishness~ I pay no attention to it as Izea moves closer to the beast, checking it's vitals. I watch as he applies the straps on my bead to the beasts body before wheeling it out of the room. He wheels it down to the sub-levels and into one of the rooms they made use of when I became too unmanageable. As he slams the locks on my door home I see tears sparkling at the edges of his eyes. Pushing hard I manage to dive down through the hospital to his side. ~ It's alright Izea. You did what you had to. Don't cry my friend.~ Wiping his tears his head comes up and he looks around. Cocking his head as if he heard something, he takes a few steps away from the door. A warm feeling comes over me. ~It's alright Izea, I'm here.~

+*+*+*+*+*+*+

Alrighty, there we have it! Four very different tracks, where do you want to continue from? Remember, you can pick more then one tack to make suggestions for, I don't mind Razz I hope you're all having fun and I can't wait to see what's in store next!

To Be A Knight
PopeAlessandrosXVIII
Arts and Poetry Mod

Items
Legends
13801 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

C'mon, anyone? You all seeded to have so much fun playing with the first part. . . . . . .*Sad face*

To Be A Knight
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Topics: 173

Items
Legends
41350 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My suggestion is the obvious one for the red section. Having awakened, he needs to find his friend. To find out what happened. To find out how long he's been gone.

I also suggest that during this time the beast remain dormant, likely still reeling from whatever drugs. This is only temporary though, as soon as his body is used to being up and active again it will come alive.

"Music makes you braver."
PopeAlessandrosXVIII
Arts and Poetry Mod

Items
Legends
13801 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Kalanna-chan for your suggestion! Now that we have one suggestion, it's 2 days before I move on to the next section. Please, everybody get your suggestions in before then or you will lose out on the chance to do so this round. Have fun all!

To Be A Knight
kkdestiny
Mayor

Topics: 56

Items
Legends
7049 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue: monster awakens and doc tries something he thinks will snap his friend out of it. Maybe when this happens, sasha will try (and fail of course) to re-enter into the body.

"The Freedom of Magic" Just got its THIRD chapter up!

Hope you all find the time to read them Very Happy *goes off to look for an SG to read*

Note to self: The Elven Moon; Coin; SVI; Black Animals; Two Wolves; Angel Cat
Seraphi
General Fiction Mod

Items
Legends
5512 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since it is still dark, hightail it out of there and find Izea (hopefully he still lives in the same place as he did before). He is probably the only one that will be thrilled, if not a little apprehensive, to see Sasha alive. The graveyard, and why it seems so familiar, can always be explored later.

Also, I like how he can’t conjure up any feelings of remorse – making him sort of animalistic in an emotional way, rather than just what he physically turns into.

Call the police and warn them of the danger. They should be able to put out a bulletin or something that keeps everyone inside. Then Izea should go after Sasha. The fact that Sasha in his beast form didn’t rip Izea to shreds is a good thing – maybe he can calm Sasha down before the police get to him and have to do something drastic, like shoot to kill.

Not sure where to go with this one (even though its my own suggestion from before XD)

With the beast/his body locked away, Sasha needs to try and figure out a way to talk to Izea since he’s now a wandering spirit
PopeAlessandrosXVIII
Arts and Poetry Mod

Items
Legends
13801 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay yay! Thanks for all the suggestions guys! One more day til the next section goes up! You all have until then to get in any more suggestions. Thanks again!

To Be A Knight
Author Chapter
PopeAlessandrosXVIII
Arts and Poetry Mod

Items
Legends
13801 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:11 am    Post subject: Section 2 Reply with quote

Kay, this may seem a little confusing so I'll do my best to explain Below you'll see two colors side-by-side. The one in the parenthesis (????) is the color the suggestion was made for, and the second color is what color the suggestion will show up as in this post. Alright? Shouldn't be too hard I hope. Anyways, here we go!

(Red) Red - Sasha heads out to find his friend, what happened, and how long he's been gone. The beast remains dormant until the drugs eventually wear off.

(Blue) Green – Beast awakens and Dr. Izea tries something to snap Sasha out of it. Sasha tries and fails to re-enter his body.

(Red) Orange – Sasha makes all haste to Izea's home, where he still lives to this day.

(Green) Blue – Dr. Izea calls the police to warn them of the danger Sasha poses before chasing after his friend to try and calm him down.

(Blue) Brown – Sasha tries to figure out a way to communicate with Izea

+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

Shaking of the feeling for now, I look for the nearest exit. In the distance I can see a streetlamp off to my left. Stumbling slightly I make my way across the dew slicked grass towards the light. The air feels unnaturally still, even for a graveyard and a chill runs up my spine at a distant animal's howl. As I reach the edge of the graveyard I take hold of the iron fence surrounding it. Following it for several minutes I at last come to an opening. A noise at my feet makes me jump, almost loosing my footing. Looking down I realize it's just a newspaper. Scooping it up I look at the top of the page and suddenly my knees feel even weaker. 'T-two years!? I've been in that tomb two years? That's not possible! I'd be. . .I'd be. . . .'Shaking my head I throw the paper to the ground. 'No, not impossible. For a human yes, but to the beast? I. . .I could have been hibernating in some way I suppose' Looking up at the street lamp I shield my eyes against it's glaring light. There on the post is a street address. 'This is. . . .I know where I am, and, Izea. . . .'

My feet begin beating a well worn path Izea and I had taken many a night in our collage years. We use to come to this very graveyard every couple of nights to have a few drinks and work on our theories. We'd use the headstones as points on a diagram. Not the smartest way to spend ones evenings, or make complected diagrams for that matter, but it was a time I'll not soon forget. Bracing against a storefront for a moment I freeze. The strange howl comes one again, but this time closer. 'That's not a cry I recognize. Or, do I?' My heart begins to race again and my feet follow suit. 'It can't be' A block from Izea's house I stop once again as the howl sounds from off to my right. Swallowing hard I resist looking to see what had made the sound. Instead I take off at full speed towards my friend's home. Forsaking the stairs I climbs strait up the grassy hill leading up to his front door. The howl sounds not 20 feet behind me. The only time I’d heard a cry like that before was on a recording, of myself. . . . .

_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_

Movement behind the door draws my attention. The beast is waking. ~Izea, be careful. The beast~ Izea steps away from the door and heads for the observation room next door. I slowly drift after him, the mess on the floor and walls barely catching my attention as I focus on Izea. I stop just outside the observation room as a movement down the hall catches eye. It looks like one of the nurses, but somehow wrong. He gait is off, and her clothes seem to be barely hanging on her slight frame. She shimmers for a moment. Swallowing hard the possibility returns to my mind once again, this time more forcefully. ~No, it's not possible. They're not real~ The beast roars and I look back at what was once my body. Gritting my teeth I move into the room beside the beast. It's still a bit groggy so the ties binding it are holding. ~They aren't real, I can not be a. . .~ Closing my eyes I focus on my body, willing myself to return. I had done it before, when the beast had taken over. Another wave of pain washes over me and I fall back. ~I-I can't get back in!~

Quickly I drift into the observation room and watch as Izea works furiously at the computer. ~Izea, what's happening? I can't return. Whatever happened when you used the solution has blocked me out!~ Izea pulls the microphone to his lips. His voice echos slightly in the room beyond.

“Sasha, I'm going to try the Nyrizoim. You've got to wake up. If the police find this massacre and we're still here, we're done for!” Pressing a button I watch as a luminescent violet gas fills the room beyond the window. Pushing the mic away her murmurs pleadingly, “Please Sasha. . . .”

I feel his heartache and try to call out to him. ~Izea, it's not my anymore! That isn't me you see, it's just the beast. I can't go back. I can't. . . .~ Reaching out I take hold of his hand best I can. A small jolt of shock goes through me as I see his eyes seem to glaze over at my touch. ~Izea? Izea, can you hear me?~

He looks around, eyes still glazed. “Sasha?” I smile wide. I open my mouth to reply when the sound of distant sirens invade my mind. Looking to the street I see the tell-tale red and blue flashing lights approaching the hospital.

_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_

Moving slowly I move towards the edge of the cemetery. The fence feels cool beneath my fingers as I walk along it towards what I pray in the entrance. 'Izea, I must get to Izea. He'll know what's going on. . . . .' Reaching the entrance I pass under it's stone arch. Looking across the street I realize why it had seemed so familiar. There, it's windows dark and many broken, the lawn unkempt and the fountain still, it the Hospital. The hospital where I had rampaged, killing several dozen people. Ragged curtains still hang in several of the windows, billowing outwards with the stiff breeze coming from the north. 'It looks so desolate. But then, how long have I been asleep? How long was I out of this world. . . .' A phone booth stands just outside the hospital's entrance. I make my ways slowly across the street and pull the door open. The pungent odor of piss and fecal matter assaults my nose and I gag, doubling over against the edge of the booth, my head outside.

Taking a few deep breaths I stand again, reaching inside for the ragged looking phone book danging on a thick cord. Unable to pull it all the way outside I hastily search for what I need. Many of the pages are blurred due to water damage, but at last I find it. Ripping out the page with Izea's number and address on it I stumble away from the booth into the street. A passing car barely misses me, the horn blaring as it swerves past me. My mind is till quite hazy and as I make my way down the street the passersby give me wide berth. 'I can feel it. Still just beneath the surface. It's calm for now. I must reach Izea before it awakens' Reaching the street the phone book indicated my friend lives on I look up and down it trying to read the house numbers. I feel a slight twinge as I reach his home. The place is a complete mess. The shingles are peeling up in places, the porch is covered in beer bottles, and the yard looks to have never been touched. He had moved since I went under, and I can tell just how hard he took my supposed passing. Moving carefully up the porch steps I rap lightly on the door.

_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_

Dr. Izea stands in shock for several minutes before coming to his senses. Running out of the room he makes his way to the nurse's station. Grabbing one of the phones he swiftly dials 9-1-1. A bored sounding woman answers asking about his emergency. “This is Dr. Izea of St. Agnus Hospital. I need you to connect me to the police chief, it's urgent. Lives are at sake.” He chews his thumbnail as the standard elevator music begins drifting across the line. Every moment that passes Izea becomes more and more impatient. When at last the chief answers he blurts out the situation in a rush of words.

“Now hold on son. I can tell you're upset, but I didn't catch any of what you just said.” The police chief's voice is low and drool, with a slight southern accent. “Now why don't you try again a little slower?”

Biting his lip in frustration Izea takes a deep breath before trying again. “All the resident, staff, and security at St. Agnus Hospital have been killed by a beast. The beast has left the grounds and is headed into populated areas. I need you to send out a bulletin to keep people in their homes and off the streets. The beast is a bit taller then an average man, and looks a lot like a large monkey. I know you may not believe me, but if you need proof call the research institute, they'll confirm my story.” Izea waits with baited breath.

“Boy, this sounds crazy as frog-legged jack rabbit. I'm defiantly gonna check yer story, so you stay where you are so I kin talk to you in person about this.” The chief sounds quite disbelieving.

Izea shakes his head. “Sorry, but I've got to try and stop him. Call the institute, then do as I've advised.” Without waiting for an answer Dr. Izea hands up and rushes out of the room. Heading downstairs he slips into his office and opens the locker standing along side his desk. Inside are tools he'd prepared for if Sasha ever escaped. Pulling out the tranquilizer gun as well as a full belt of darts he straps the later on while swinging the gun over his shoulder. Lastly he pulls out a digital tracking device to track the chip they'd installed years ago under his skin for safety purposes. Turning it on he heads outside, following the blinking dot on the display that is his friend.

_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_

With a sigh Izea turns towards his room just down the hall. I follow close behind, my eyes locked on him to avoid looking at the gore and odd shimmering people roaming the hallways. From time to time I can't help but stare as a particularly gruesome looking person passes. Eye's hanging out of sockets, arms split long ways down the middle with the hand just hanging on my a few inches of flesh, and so much blood I can't seem to not look. Drifting into Izea's room after him I let out a sigh as none of the people seem to be in this room. His room is neat and tidy. He'd always been the clean one. I feel myself smile as he flops down face first on to his bed. It's where he always retreated to think. I remember sitting and staring at him for hours, just waiting for that eureka moment where he would pop up, fly off the bed, and turn into a human machine at his computer. Fingers flying so fast, it was a wonder they never fell off. His breathing evens out as he drifts off to sleep. I can't blame him, all the stress of what just happened would tucker me out too.

Moving in close I hum to myself. ~I wonder if I can talk to him. I mean, I think he heard me earlier. And there have been many studies on dreams being a person's connection to other perceptions of reality~ With a shrug I move in closer to him, settling my head atop his. My vision blurs and suddenly I'm back in one of the hospital's corridors. Looking around I sigh. ~Well, that's a fail. I guess I'll head back. . . .~ I stop as I spot Izea crouched behind a cleaning cart. That's when an unholy roar echoes down the hallway and something moves in the distance. With a sickening thud half a body smacks into the wall at the end of the hall. Then comes the beast, still clutching the lower half of the body it had just destroyed. It looks down the hall where Izea hides before moving past to the ward beyond. A stuttered gasp from Izea's direction pulls my attention back to my friend. He's staring at me, not with his back flush against a wall. I try moving closer but when his body tenses I stop. ~Izea, it's me. This is a dream. You're dreaming about what just happened. Remember, you injected me with the killer formula, but something went wrong.~ A look of vague recollection passes over his face and he relaxes slightly. I smile at my friend.

+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

M'kay, that's all for this section. Same rules as before, and I can't wait t see what you guys come up with! Oh! And just as a reminder, each suggestion is it's own line, so even though let's say there were 2 suggestions for any one color, it does not mean the worlds created from the suggestions have any connection to one another. For example, in one red suggestion, there apparently are other beasts now roaming the streets and Izea lives in a rich neighborhood, while in the other red suggestion Izea is now a poor drunk and no beasts roam the streets. So, completely different worlds(Kinda) kay?

To Be A Knight
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Topics: 173

Items
Legends
41350 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This time my suggestion is for the green variant. The beast awakens, thrashing and tearing at his bonds. With Sasha gone, all ties to the human portion of the body are obliterated.

Now, however, Izea are stuck with a new problem. Does Sasha remain the good doctor's disembodied personal spirit or will they think of a way to find him a new body?

"Music makes you braver."
Seraphi
General Fiction Mod

Items
Legends
5512 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sasha needs to get inside – plain and simple. Oh and while he's there he should ask Izea what the heck. Did the people Sasha killed somehow get genetically mutated and come back to life as the creatures – their human side gone, the beast taking control? Or did the experimental DNA somehow get distributed – by accident or on purpose – to the public?

Izea finds Sasha relatively quickly, following the beasts trail of destruction. The tranquilizer calms the beast enough that Izea can communicate with the human side of Sasha and he can regain control. Going back to the hospital is not an option, as the police will be arriving there, so it's best to head elsewhere. Izea or Sasha's home maybe? Keep the tranquilizers on hand should the beast try to take control again.
PopeAlessandrosXVIII
Arts and Poetry Mod

Items
Legends
13801 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:27 am    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

Thank you thank you thank you all for your suggestions, I'll try and get to them tonight! Sorry for the vanishing. Sis has been, she'd kill me if I told you, and I've been on catering duty. Anyways, back, and I will deal with it!

To Be A Knight
misterbiz
Horror Mod

Topics: 50

Items
Legends
2874 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the brown color: Since it seems he can see and hear us...its time to explain what happened and since he looks terrified , try to get him out of the nightmare.

Author Chapter
PopeAlessandrosXVIII
Arts and Poetry Mod

Items
Legends
13801 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: Section 3 Reply with quote

Time for Section 3! Same set-up as before, so let's go!

(Green) Red – The beast awakens and begins thrashing. Dr. Izea is now faced with the problem of either being content to have Sasha as a ghost, or perhaps trying to find him a new body.

(Red) Blue – Sasha gets into Izea's house and after the reunion he begins asking about how the mutated DNA seems to have been released into the world.

(Blue) Brown – Izea follows the path of destruction and find Sasha quickly. He tranquillizer works to knock out the beast, leaving Sasha in control of his body. They decide not to go back to the hospital and instead try to figure out a safe place to go.

(Brown) Green – Sasha explains what happened to Izea then tries to wake, or simply remove Izea from his nightmare.

+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

My incorporeal chest tightens. I can feel my friend's heat begin to race. ~Izea, we need to get out of here. That's not me anymore my friend. Please, just run, get away from here!~ I can not tell if he hears my words, but they seem to have a definite effect on him. Rising from his chair he take one last look at the beast beyond the glass. The gas had not lasted long. It's roars shake the windows despite the fact that the room is sound proof. Thrashing and pulling at it's bindings it manages to break free. Gripping the last strap holding it's arm it stands on the floor beside the bed and flings it as a wall. The metal frame shatters. Izea filches and looks away. I follow him closely as he rushes out of the room.

The sound of sirens come even closer and I can see the lights through the walls of the hospital. Reaching out I touch his hand again. His feet still and his eyes turn towards me. I can tell his eyes can not truly “see” me, but the flicker of recognition is enough for me to believe he knows it's me. ~Izea, you must hurry. Do not go out the front. Use our back door. The one we use when you want to sneak me outside.~ Letting go of his hand I watch as his eyes re-focus. Taking a deep breath as if recovering from cold he looks around the hall.

“Sasha. I-I can hear you, and I understand, but. . . . .What now? I-I have killed you my friend. What. . . .” His gaze hardens. “I will fix this. This is a second chance. I ruined your first shot at life, I will not make that mistake again.” His declaration makes me smile. Turning he races towards his room just down the hall. I float past the room, my nonexistent skin shivering as several of the transparent beings walk past. They take no notice of Izea, but a few of them let their eyes linger on me as they pass. I'm not really afraid of them, but for some reason I can not bring myself to look at them fully. Izea comes running down the hall, a side bag hanging from one shoulder, the strap across his chest. Huffing slightly he turns towards what looks to be a blank wall.

A side panel slides open at his touch and he enters a code. The wall slides upwards revealing a hallway beyond. He darts inside, slapping a metal panel just inside which causes the wall to slide shut again. There is no light in the hall, but we had built the passage ourselves and know it's design by heart. I float along beside him, my mind wandering as we go. 'I hope Izea will be safe. I don't mind being with him like this, but I know he's got something else in mind. I can't let him risk his life for me' We reach the far end of the hall which is more like a tunnel now. He opens the door and steps out into the dark of the cave we had decided to use as cover for the secret entrance. The mouth of the cave is not far off. He stands still for a while, letting his eyes adjust before heading towards it. Stopping short he leans against one wall and slides into a sitting position.

His head sinks into his knees and I can see him breathing hard. “Sasha, I will fix this.” he says again. The slight waver in his voice causes my brows to furrow. Moving close I lay my hand on his.

~I know Izea. You'll do whatever you can, but please, my dear friend, do not put yourself in danger.~

His head comes up. “Sasha, I will do whatever it takes.” His voice sounds distant as if he's half asleep. “Don't worry, I will be careful. I will find a way for you to live again. A new vessel, whatever is needed.” My brows furrow further. I don't like the sound of this, but I trust Izea.

_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_

That's crazy! Running up to the front door I nearly fall flat on my face as my foot catches the corner of his long welcome mat. Catching myself on the doorknob I don't even give it a second thought as I turn the handle and parcially fall inside. Using a foot I kick the door closed behind me before falling to my hands and knees. The linoleum in his front entryway feels cool against my hands and without thinking I sink down to press myself against it. The only thing I can hear is my own beating heart and the harsh sound of my breathing. Letting out a cry I roll to my side and cover my head sharpy as a light flares on. The soft thump of footsteps find my ears and I carefully peek out over my arm to find it's source. The gleam off a gun barrel makes me tense. Coming down the stairs, the end of a riffle pointing in my direction, I can just barely make out the tousled hair and sharp eyes of my dear friend.

“Izea. . . . .” The harsh whisper makes me flinch, my voice sounding nothing like I remember it. Izea stops, the tip of the gun sagging. Pulling myself carefully to my knees I cough at my dry mouth. A whispered curse brings my eyes back to the figure on the stairs. Izea's mouth is hanging open, his nightgown hanging limp and slightly obscuring the riffle now simply dangling by his side. I do my best to smile up at him. In a rush he is down the stairs, dropping the gun on the ground with a loud thump as he falls to his knees to embrace me. Our reunion is cut short by the sound of the howling just outside the door.

“Fuck.” Izea swears, launching himself over to where he left the gun. Checking it he reaches out and grabs my arm and hauls me to my feet. “C'mon my friend. Let's move this to the kitchen. Once it loses your scent it will leave.” I nod slowly and grip his shoulder as he heads for the kitchen. Once inside I collapse into a chair.

“What in the world is going on Izea? I thought I was the only test subject for the project. How, how did this happen?” My eyes remained locked on Izea as he wanders around the kitchen making what looks to be tea. When he turns to look at me I see pure rage glowing in his eyes.

“So did I my friend.” He takes the seat across from me as the tea waits to boil. This gives me a chance to get a better look at him. My own fists clench when I notice scars on his neck and face that had not been there before. Looking away he growls. “After the debacle with you, I ordered the project terminated. But, apparently, those who pay the bills did not agree and after I left they kept the project running.” He glances out the window. “There was a core group of fifteen people selected for the experiment as test subjects. It seemed to work, or so they tell me, however. . . . .” He looks back at me with a pained expression.

“They didn't take into account that the mutated DNA has a kind of mind of it's own. Remember how we tried to make it so that the people who took on the mutations would still be able to have children?” I nod. “Well, through that code, it mutated,and became unstable.” He slams his fist into the table. “The blood itself began acting to reproduce itself ad became like a virus. Whenever one of the test subjects split blood, a kind of virus would be released and would spread. It took them weeks to realizes something had happened, and by then it was too late.” Looking down at the table he takes a breath. “So far there's only about a couple dozen. The virus kills a lot of the people it infects. Over a hundred deaths so far.” His head sinks into his hands. “I've tried to get back in on the project so I can help stop the spread, but they won't let me anywhere near the building, let alone the lab. . . . . .” My mind whirs, making me feel lightheaded. The tea begins whistling which pulls Izea from his chair to deal with it.

_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_

The cool night air on Izea's skin is not what causes him to shiver. It is the sound. His stomach churns as the howl carried on the wind is followed by a very human scream. Racing down the street he rounds the corner just in time to see the beast tear the left arm off a woman the throw her to the ground. The woman, still screaming, makes rather feeble attempts to move away from the beast. The blood pouring from her shoulder flows across the sidewalk and into the gutter. The doc clenches his teeth, waiting silently. The beast begins inspecting the arm and Izea sees his chance. Pulling the rifle up his mind flashes back to the evenings the two friends would spend at the firing range, trying to best one another. Laughter echoes in his ears from those happier times as he squeezes the trigger, loosing the dart.

It hits the beast near the spine between his shoulder blades. Howling it throws the arm, reaching for the dart. It had been designed carefully so that the light touch of the beasts almost fluid like body would release it's payload before the dart exited the body. The dart falls to the ground several feet away as it passes from the back to the front without slowing much. Clawing at his back the beast falls to it's knees. Izea approaches slowly, his eyes on his friend. A low whimper followed by a gurgling sound and a ragged breath off towards the sidewalk let's Izea know that the woman most likely is already dead. There would be nothing he could do. The beast slowly fades from sight, retracting into the familiar figure of Sasha, his friend.

=======

I feel myself returning, my mind fuzzy as it always is after turning into the beast. Breathing hard the feeling beneath my palms startles me. 'This is not the observation room. This isn't even the hospital' Looking around I spot Izea walking towards me with a rifle in hand. Swallowing hard I look up at him. “Izea, what. . . .What's going on?”

Leaning down he helps me to my feet. I feel a chill around my waist and look down to see my lack of coverings. “Come on Sasha. We have to get off the street.” Izea's voice is strained and I can tell from the look on his face that whatever reason I am outside the hospital, it must be pretty bad. I catch sight of a figure resting on the grass beside the sidewalk off to my right and turn to get a better look. My stomach drops as I realize it's missing an arm.

I stay silent as Izea leads me down several blocks ending at a park. I had been here a few times. Despite the danger I pose to the public, Izea insisted tot he other doctors that I needed to get fresh air and exercise like any other living creature. The park is rather large, made for all sorts of park goers. It even has a hiking and biking trail through a good sized wooded area complete with small stream. We head into the trees, the branches and leaves brushing across some of my more sensitive areas. The feeling makes me jump and try to cover myself. When at last we come to a stop Izea helps me sit on a patch of dead leaves in a small clearing. He walks around the clearing, gazing off into the woods as if searching for anyone that may have followed us.

Coughing to catch his attention I look up at him. His head snaps around, shoulders tense. “Izea, what's going on? What happened?” He stands there silent at the edge of the clearing for a time before letting out a long sigh and coming to sit next to me. As he fills me in on what I had done at the hospital I feel it all pass over me with very little effect. I can feel his pain and sickness as he describes the event, but to me it sounds like he's taking about a movie he went to see rather then something the beast in me had done. I hang my head as he finishes with finding me on the street and darting me. “Thank god it worked.” I mumble. I hear him nod next to me, a hand coming to rest on my arm.

“Sasha, we can not go back.” The resolve in his voice is strong. Looking up at him I see him gazing off into the distance. I can almost see his breath as he speaks. “We have to run. Find somewhere safe.” He looks back at me, a fire burning in his eyes. “Even though we must run, I promise you this.” Reaching up he grips my shoulder. “I will not give up. I will find a way to save you from what I've done to you.” I feel a smile creeping to my lips.

“I know my friend. I never doubted you would.” He smiles back at my words. Shivering I look down. “However I think the first order of business should be something to cover my ass. I mean, unless I want to start charging admission to see it.” Izea bust out into a hearty laugh and I grin. Wiping away a tear he pulls off his lab coat and hands it to me. As I stand to pull it on my own eye rove over our surroundings. “Where do you think we should go? The Hospital's out of the question. . . . . .think out home would be okay? I mean, you still pay for our house each month, right?”

He nods slightly. “Yes, the house is intact. However, it's not a permanent solution. I mean, eventually they'll check all the hospital's staff and patients houses. But for tonight, that sounds good.” Hiking up his belt in an exaggerated way his gives me a sarcastic half smile. “However, as we are, we're walking. Hope you still like long hikes!” He knows very well that I've always preferred a bike to walking. Swinging at him with a half-hearted slug I growl slightly. He dances backwards before turning and leading the way towards out home.

_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_

Floating down I settle on the ground in front of him. ~It's alright Izea. I swear to you, this is just a dream of what happened~ He relaxes a little more now that I'm not hovering in the air.

“So, this is a dream. Than, what are you? Normally people in dreams don't exactly claim to be in a dream. . . .” His voice is tense but a hint of humor tinges his statement. I smile again.

~Remember when you injected me with the killer drug?~ He nods, a howl from a distant part of the dream hospital making his flinch. ~Well, when you did that, I think something unexpected happened. Besides not killing me, I seems. . . . .~ My mind wanders back to the specter like people wandering the halls and I shudder, unable to deny it any longer. His head cocks to the side, a slightly concerned look crossing his face. ~I-I think I died. I died, but the beast lived. In the hospital, the real one, after the injection, I saw. . . . .People. They are all most defiantly dead, but like me they are not solid~ His eyes widen, the shocked look on his face making me cringe.

His head falls. “What have I done? Instead of ridding the world of the beast, I have killed my friend, and removed the last bit of human from a bloodthirsty creature. I. . . .” His voice trails off as another howl echoes through the hallways. From the sound, it is very close. Despite the fact that it's a dream, I can tell it is no less terrifying for Izea.

Looking up and down the blood slicked hallways I motion for Izea to stand. ~Come my friend, let's go. Perhaps we can leave this nightmare~ He nods, his face tight with fear. Unable to walk properly I resort to floating once again, praying that it doesn't frighten Izea too badly. S we move through the halls it seems like the beast gets closer with every cry. Izea begins walking quickly and I move faster to keep up. Suddenly the beast appears around the corner not ten paces in front of us.

Blood and flesh dangles from it's fanged mouth. If I didn't know any better I'd say that red is it's natural fur color, so coated in the red life fluid as it is. It's body gleams, the red emergency lights making his form look mostly black. I hear Izea scream. Looking towards him I watch as he turns to run, only to slip on the slick floor and fall into a large puddle of congealing blood. A ripping pain tears through my body as I feel myself thrown backwards. I scream at the top of my lungs as I go flying back away from Izea. I catch a glimpse of him pushing himself up off his bed before I pass through several walls and end up in the boiler room.

The spirits gathered here are just as bad as in the other parts of the hospital. I can almost smell the blood and festering wounds several of the specters sport across their bodies. As quickly as possible I float back to Izea. I come upon him sitting on the edge of his bead, palms pressed over his eyes with his elbows propped on his knees. Mustering up my strength I try talking with him. ~Izea, can you hear me? I'm here. If you feel anything, hear anything, just let me know. Wave your hand or something~ I feel myself smile as his head snaps up at my voice. He looks around the room, then ever so slowly he raises his hand and gives it a little wave. He looks confused at his own actions. 'I guess he can't really hear me, but gets the gist of what I say. . . .I suppose that will have to do' He reaches up and scratches his nose, looking once more around the room.

+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

Okay, that's section 3! Hope you guys like it and will continue to play. I'm trying, I really am! So, what's gonna happen next? Which branches will survive, and which, will die. . . . .?

To Be A Knight

Last edited by PopeAlessandrosXVIII on Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Seraphi
General Fiction Mod

Items
Legends
5512 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finding Sasha another human body won’t be hard – people are everywhere. The real task will be getting Sasha in it. If Izea were to kill a person, I doubt Sasha could inhabit the body...but taking over someone else’s body while their consciousness still resides there could work, if Sasha can manage to overpower it. Maybe test this out on a furry critter first? XD

It sounds like lab infiltration time to me. Make a plan of how it can be done and get to it.
sagittaeri
Scifi/Experimental Mod

Items
Legends
2730 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sasha turned into the monster again before they get to the house. Only, this time, Sasha is conscious and has control over the monster! What's worse, this time, he wouldn't turn back.
plausible_follicile
Resident

Topics: 1

Items
Legends
335 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only the Blue one.

I suggest that they first call a trusted person from the lab and explain the situation, and if that doesn't works out, suggest they run tests on Sahs, therby getting access to the lab.
Author Chapter
PopeAlessandrosXVIII
Arts and Poetry Mod

Items
Legends
13801 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:29 am    Post subject: Section 4 Reply with quote

Alright, time for the next section, whoo!

(Red) Green – Do some experiments on getting Sasha a new body starting with seeing if he can take over an animal's body.

(Blue) Brown – Make a plan to infiltrate the Lab and implement it.

(Brown) Red – Sasha turns back into the Beast but this time has full control of it, and can't seem to change back.

(Blue) Violet – Call a trusted someone at the Lab and explain what's going on. If they still won't let Izea back in, suggest he bring Sasha in for testing.

+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

After a bit of a rest Izea stands and begins walking out of the cave. I float along close beside him, my nonexistent stomach twisting. Suddenly he speaks causing my head to snap in his direction. “Hey Sasha, do you remember that year we spent exploring the subconscious?”

I can't help but grin as I respond. ~Yes Izea, I recall. I also recall the long hours of recovery we both wen through after some of our more. . . .Shall we say, outlandish theories were tested?~

For the first time this night a smile makes it's way to my friend's face. “Yes, those were perhaps not the best way to go about testing our theories, but they did have some positive results.” He turns his head in my general direction with a smirk. “Though not perhaps results we were looking for.” I nod back, remembering. Izea had a drug problem at the time, and when we began going through the more organic experimentation with the subconscious, we of course tested on ourselves first like we always did. The trips I took were interesting, but the chemical mix in my friend's head caused some of the worst nightmares the human mind could come up with. It had almost killed him at one point, and ti was then I had made him swear to never take recreational drugs again.

“Well, the bad trip aside, do you remember my theories about mind jumping and how one's will should it ever find a way to leave one's body could have the potential of taking over another of weaker will?” I nod again, forgetting he can't see me. After a few moments silence he looks about. “Sasha?”

Mentally kicking myself I respond. ~Oh, forgive me, I forgot you can not see me. Yes, I recall your paper on the matter~ He pauses by a tree, leaning against it's rough bark.

His eyes travel around the forest as if he's searching for something. “Well, I think it's time to test my theory. . . . .” His eyes lock on something about mid way up a tree. I follow his gaze and spot a squirrel sitting on a branch staring back at Izea.

With a shrug I float forward. ~This should prove interesting~ As I try to enter the body I feel my mind blank out.

Izea watches as the squirrel starts twitching. His heart jumps as the small creature falls from the tree on to the forest floor and begins writhing. Stepping forward he gets close to the critter and stops, unsure of what to do. Suddenly it stops moving before suddenly it flips over on to it's paws.

RUN! RUN! BIG! SCARY! MUST RUN! MUST HIDE! MUST CLIMB!

The urges in not so many words scream in my mind and all through my body. I can feel the squirrel trying to flee from Izea but after several deep mental breaths I manage to suppress the squirrel's natural tendencies. Looking up at Izea I feel a noise leave my bucktoothed mouth. ~I was right, this is interesting~ Quick as a flash I skitter forward and climb up my friend's leg. I can feel him pull back, startled but I just continue to climb until I'm dead center on his chest looking into his face. We stare at one another for several seconds before I decide to be a dork. Concentrating hard I wiggle my ears up and down quickly like the cartoon animals we grew up with. He laughs despite himself and I join him with my own chittering sound.

_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_

Izea sits back down with the tea, passing me a cup. Letting out a long sigh I pull the sugar cup in the middle of the table and dump half of it into my cup. I hear him chuckle and give him a lopsided grin in response. “Always the sweet tooth.” he mutters into his cup before taking a drink. I nod, sipping the godly nectar slowly after a good stirring. The warmth and flavor pour down my throat, soothing my parched mouth and kicking me in the stomach when it hits. I suppress a groan at the pain. Apparently I'd let let something slip for moments later Izea stands and begins making a meal. “We need to do something. I was powerless before, but with you back there must be something we can do.” He pulls on his apron, the saying “Don't touch my knife” on the front bringing back memories of how I'd made it for him. The saying was an inside joke between us.

“Yes, we must do something. This can't get out. We can't let it spread. This is something we did, and there is no way we're going to let it destroy the world.” My voice takes on a bit of it's old timber as the tea does it's magic. In between boiling the water for noodles and chopping the spam Izea drops a notebook on the table in front of me. Looking up a secret understanding goes between us. With a nod I flip open the notebook, pulling a pen from the pen-cup on the table.

The next morning~

“You got it?”

“Yes I got it, will you stop asking?”

“Sorry, but you've been out of the game for a while and I-”

“Shush!” I hiss quietly and Izea falls silent. A group of scientists walk by our hiding place and I feel Izea tighten against my side. The gap we are hiding in is dark but if one were to looks strait at us we would be clearly visible. The trip to the Lab had been uneventful, but the ease in which our plan is working has me worried. We had spent several hours last night planning everything out that we could. I had suggested waiting a few days, but he had reminded me that we have no idea when my other half would decide to wake up and there was no way Izea could deal with me on his own.

We had used one of the many secret entrances we'd discovered while exploring the Lab in our early years of working there to get inside. The entrances aren't really secrets, but the guards and staff never really think to check the entrances used only by the cleaning staff, or the guys who work in the boiler room. Now all we have to do is wait for the room we want to clear so we can slip inside. The testing room is one of the ones with tinted windows you can't see through from the outside and had a little switchable sign on the door to tell people not to enter. Kinda like the “Occupied” sign on a port-a-potty.

_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_

After about a mile of walking I feel an ache in my back. I try to ignore it, thinking it's just my body rebelling against the walk. When the ache begins to throb I stop. It takes a few second for Izea to realize I'm not following him any more. Gasping I reach behind me and try to touch the place that hurts but it's just out of reach. I claw at my back, the pain becoming unbearable. We had just reached the back alley leading to our home so when I fall to my knees the bite of asphalt sends a small shock wave through my body. “Izea, help!” My voice sounds low to my ears, much deeper then usual. My eyesight is blurred so when I try to look up at my friend all I can see is shadow and light. Suddenly the world comes into sharp focus. The colors of everything around me seem to become so vibrant they let off their own light. My periphery seems a lot wider and I can see so much more.

Standing I look over at Izea with a pained expression. “What the heck do you think that was Idea?” My brows furrow when I notice he's looking at me funny. Then suddenly I realize I'm looking down at him. I have just enough time to wonder when he shrunk when it hits me. Like a tree of howler monkeys wielding chainsaws, the noise and violence inside my head erupts, sending me once again to my knees. A howl long and loud erupts from my throat and the sound of it makes me shiver. I can smell everything, hear everything, and along with the cacophony inside my head it's almost too much. Looking to my friend I see him standing strong, his back strait and eyes focused on me. Like putting a muffler on a 747, slowly the noise and pain fades ever so slightly. It seems to be just enough to give me back control of my basic functions.

“Izea?” My teeth feel almost too big for my mouth and I can feel the pointed tips slipping behind my lips to rest against my lower gums when I close my mouth.

Izea steps forward slowly. “Sasha? Are. . . Can you, I mean, it's you right now, not the beast?”

I nod in response. His voice wavers only slightly, but I know how odd it must be speaking to me the way I am now. The videos he once told me do not do justice as to just what it's like to see me as the beast. “Wow. . . this is. . . Wow. . . .” Reaching out he carefully helps me to my feet, a slight smile creeping on to his face. Looking me over he continues, “Amazing. It's almost like the drug has worked to stabilize your mental patterns. His face falls as I shake my head.

“No Izea, it's not stable up here.” I bring a clawed hand up to tap my skull lightly. “The noise alone would drive anyone mad in a matter of days. It's somewhat muffles not, but it's like putting reins on a T-Rex. I'm only really in control because it's letting me take the lead.”

He nods in understanding, though be both know there is no way to truly understand it without experiencing it. “Well, everything aside, now we really need to get you off the streets. Let's get home and we'll decide what to do from there. Perhaps you will have changed back by then.”

I feel myself shaking my head. “I don't think it's going to let go without a fight Izea. . . . .” His frown deepens at my words before he turns and continues down the alley.

_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_

The rays of the morning sun draw a long moan from me. Having a hang over is nothing compaired to being in involuntary stasis for two years only to be chased by a monster right after waking up and having an over protective friend fill you with tea and goulash before throwing you in bed. The shock to my system made my wild years seem like a nap in a grassy meadow. Rolling over I bury myself deeper into the sheets and comforter atop me to block out all of it's cheery shine. After a few minutes I curse. “Damint, now I'm awake. . . . .” Throwing off the covers I make my way slowly out of my room and down the stairs. At the bottom I stumble slightly and almost greet the carpeted floor intimately save for a strong arm wrapping around my waist to pull me upright.

I grin automaticly as Izea drags me to the kitchen table and practically throws me into a chair. “My savior.” I joke and he gives me a strained smile. The twitch above his eye lets me know something's wrong. “Izea, what's wrong?” He huffs and sets about heating some tea.

“I called again this morning, trying to convince them that something needed to be done. They’ve been using the same stuff I used on you to kill the the people who don't die from the virus, but now, with you here. . . . .”

I nod with understanding. “So if it didn't kill me, despite the changes they made to the solution, there's a high chance that the injections aren't killing the subjects, simply putting them into stasis like me.”

“Yeah” he says, serving the tea before taking a seat across from me. “And with the enhancements they've made to it, it's very likely that they won't be asleep nearly as long as you were.” My head begins to throb, thinking of the mess that all began with late nights and vodka shots all those years ago.

Sipping the tea I look up at Izea with pained eyes. “So, what did they say?”

He throws up his hands. “They didn't believe me! I swear, I know after I thought I'd killed you, I went through a rather bad bout of the crazies, but it's not like I ever went truly insane!” He stands up and begins pacing the room, his words accompanied by very enthusiastic arm movements. “They think I'm off my rocker, and they thought this even BEFORE I called them up and said my dead friend showed up at my door last night and is asleep upstairs in his old bed! I even called the one guy who seemed to not question my sanity, and h-”

“Izea!” I bark slightly. He stops pacing to stare at me. Despite his ranting I can see no trace of “the crazies” as he put it in his eyes. Pointing at the phone I say, “Pick up the phone and call yer guy. Tell him you need to come in and you'll bring me with to prove you've not lost your mind. Have him meet us at the outer gate, and if that doesn't convince him, nothing will, and we'll have to find another way to help not only me, but the poor people who are suffering because of our mistakes.”

Izea takes a deep breath, moving to stand next to me. Reaching out his gives my shoulder a squeeze and a smile. “Thanks my friend. You always were the more level headed.” I give his hand a pat before scooping up my tea cup to take another sip. I listen as he calls his contacts at the Lab and arranges the meet. As he hangs up the phone and turns to me I hold my now empty cup out and give it a little shake. He smiles and grabs it as he makes his way back to the stove.

“Think you can serve that up with a side order of vicodin?”

+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

There you have it, Section 4! Thank you all for reading, and I can't wait to see what's in store for our heroes next! C'mon, hit me with your best shot!

To Be A Knight
sagittaeri
Scifi/Experimental Mod

Items
Legends
2730 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone sees the beast, and screams. This attracts a nearby cop, and they start shooting, hitting Izea by accident.
plausible_follicile
Resident

Topics: 1

Items
Legends
335 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brown- A couple of Janitors pass by. Izea and Sasha gang up on them and get dressed in their clothes. Full access.

Violet- They go to the labs, sit outside the entrance and refuse to let anyone in or out unless Sasha is looked at.
Seraphi
General Fiction Mod

Items
Legends
5512 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Success! Now let’s try something bigger, both in body mass and brain. Maybe Izea and Sasha have a friend, privy to their job or experiments, that won’t mind being taken over by Sasha on occasions?

Sasha, and potentially Izea, should go in disguise. This contact may be alright with helping the two of them, but should anyone else find out it could be problematic.
Author Chapter
PopeAlessandrosXVIII
Arts and Poetry Mod

Items
Legends
13801 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And here we are with the next section!

(Red) Brown – Someone spots Sasha and the screaming attracts cops nearby. They shoot at Sasha but hit Izea by mistake.

(Brown) Red – A couple janitors pass by Izea and Sasha's hiding place. The boys jump them, stealing their uniforms and key cards.

(Violet) Blue – Izea and Sasha park themselves outside the front entrance to the Lab and refuse anyone entry or exit until someone agrees to see Sasha.

(Green) Violet – Izea and Sasha contact a trusted friend who is privy to the experiments to act as a human guinea pig to see if Sasha can control something with higher brain function. With the friend's consent of course.

(Violet) Green – Izea and Sasha go to meet Izea's contact in disguise to avoid complications.

+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

I get barely a few steps after him when an earsplitting scream echoes off the walls around is. The sound causes my vision to blur and I feel the reins on my control over the beast within slipping from my grasp slightly. The scream sounds again and this time I can see from whence it came. There, just to my right between tho garages a woman in curlers, a nightgown, and bunny slippers stands staring at me, a bag of trash laying in a heap at her feet. Izea comes rushing into my line of sight, trying to calm the woman. “Ma'am, it's alright, it's just make-up. A costume. Please, calm down.” Too late I manage to read the signals my senses are sending to my brain in rapid succession and from around a corner a pair of policemen come jumping out, guns drawn. I can't stop the roar that escapes me at the sight of the weapons pointed in our direction. This is the last straw for the woman and she lets out one last earth shattering scream before bolting for her house.

I guess a combination of my roar and the woman's screams are what trigger the cop's trigger fingers because without warning they begin firing into the alley towards us. The reins slip a little further from me as a few rounds hit the wall near Izea. I move to stand between the bullets and my friend, but unbeknownst to me, this does Izea little good. When the two manage to empty their clips and reach for a second one, the final shoe drops inside my mind as I glance over my shoulder and see Izea clutching his side, a small stream of blood flowing out from between his fingers. The reins slip away and the world becomes red. I feel the beast swell up inside me, but unlike all times before, I don't fade away completely. A kind of sick pleasure rushes through me as my claws sink into the first cops willing flesh. So easy it is to draw out their insides and see what they had for dinner. The blood is warm against my skin and seems to be the only thing that doesn't pass right through me.

The second officer tries to flee but in a flash my tail lashes forward and catches her on top of the head. It sinks into her skull like butter, and the sounds coming from her throat are anything but human as she jerks and shakes, my tail seemingly the only thing keeping her upright. Pulling it out I turn my attention back to the limp mass of flesh in my claws. The second cop's body slumps to the ground with a sickening thud as I draw my claws almost gently across the male cop's face. The smell of his blood and bodily fluids seem to excite some part of me, but as the blood lost begins to fade, I feel myself re-taking control of my actions. I drop the corps and turn back to my friend. His face is ashen, but the lack of a pool of blood at his feet let me know that he must not have gotten hit in anything too vital. I stride over to him, and lean in to get a better look at the wound. He lets me remove his hands to inspect the area. My hands are steady, careful, as to not injure him further on accident.

“Just a graze.” I murmur, standing up strait again. Izea stares past me and I follow his gaze. The corpses of the civil servants lay at the end of the alley. They had passed completely from my mind as soon as I had turned back to check on Izea, but it seems Izea is not so easily distracted from the carnage. I look down at my blood soaked visage and cringe slightly. 'Gotta was this off somewhere. Can't have it lead back to the house' Carefully I direct Izea down the alley with me, stopping only to wash off in a kiddy pool one of our neighbors had left out overnight. Soon we are back in our own home, though everything seems smaller from my now heightened vantage point. Having Izea sit on the toilet of the upstairs bathroom, we both work together to treat his wound. His silence confuses me, but a part of my mind seems to know why he hasn't said a word. Shrugging it off, I head down to the kitchen to try and cook something.

_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_

I grin slightly as a sound reaches my ears. 'The cleaning trolly' That squeaky wheel had heralded the approach of the cleaning staff from the first day Izea and I had arrived here at the lab. I'd once asked why they don't fix it, or get a new trolly. Both the janitors and lab techs had laughed.

“Well mi amigo” One of the scientist had replied, “Without the squeak as warning, Lenny and Benita here would come right in and sweep us all off our feet before we had a chance to escape their brooms of fury!” We had laughed with them after that, but it wasn't until the first time I'd ignored the warning squeak that I understood that they were less then half joking with me. I had to run at a full sprint to avoid the twins' zooming booms of doom as they did their customary sweep runs across the room. Looking to Izea he gives a nod and we both tense, ready to spring. As soon as the two come into view Izea and I leap out and take hold of them. Bringing up my taser I plant it on the back of Benita's neck until she slumps in my arms before passing it to Izea so he can do the same to Lenny. It takes a bit of grappling but with my extra help, Lenny soon rests on the floor beside his sister. With a little difficulty we drag them to the nearest broom closet and sit them up inside.

Izea grumbles as he pulls on Benita's uniform. “Two inches, just two inches shorter man.” I smile slightly. Both of the outfits are a little small on us but they should work long enough for what we have planned. Pulling their card key off we slip them around our own necks before heading back into the hallway. Back at the lab we had scoped out we do a little victory fist bump as we spot that the room is now vacant. Motioning for Izea to open the door I take a look up and down the hall. Seeing no one we slip inside. The lab has a high rook, and along the back wall there are many doors leading to testing rooms. Sound proof, air tight, temperature controlled, the testing room are perfect for almost any kind of experiment. But they are not what we are here for.

Izea plops down at the nearest computer and starts it up. While we sit staring at the boot up windows screen we reminisce over all the crap we'd pulled working here at the lab. “I swear Sasha, if we hadn't been as brilliant as we were, we'd be in jail right now just for the hair incident alone.” I nod in agreement as I recall how the chief neurologist had left on “Important family matters” for about how long it takes for someone to grow back their mustache. No one could ever prove it had been us, but everybody knew. The computer chimes, drawing our attention back to it. It only takes a couple tries for me to crack the new safety protocols and reach Central Information, where all the dark secrets are held. Izea cracks his knuckles then poises his hands over the keyboard.

_+_+_+_+_+_+_

The next morning Izea pulls out a box of my clothing he hadn't yet brought to the local second hand store to donate to charity. “I kept meaning to, but always seemed to forget.” He says, his voice a little distant. I'm confused for a moment but then I open the box. The confusion lifts as I pull out my favorite shirt, pants, and underwear. Covering almost every inch of the clothing are all my favorite Anime characters. Izea had them all custom made for me a s a joke one year, but little did he know at the time that they would wind up as the most precious gift he'd ever given me. A small wave of amusement from Izea lets me laugh slightly. “Wow, gee, I wonder how THESE could slip you mind my friend. I remember a solid year of wearing these non-stop.” Out of the corner of my eye I spot him shrug, another wave of amusement coming through.

After a long hot shower I pull on the comfortable garments while Izea puts on one of his better suits. “You remember the plan, right?” He asks prompting me to roll my eyes.

“I may have been asleep, but I don't believe I lost any brain cells during my nap.” He chuckles at me as we head out to his car. I watch as his gaze travels over a torn up patch of his lawn. It's on the slope of the hill so I can only suppose it's a mixture of myself and the thing that had chased me's mad scramble up the hill last night. Shrugging it off I slide into his midnight blue Mercedes Benz. The fine leather seats creek, signaling to me that he still takes great care of his “Petite Bebe”. The car is nowhere near 'Petite' but it is very much his baby. It doesn't take long to reach the lab, and without hesitation Izea pulls right up and parks right in front of the main car gate. His contact had insisted that there was no way he could just “Bring'em on in” as he put it, but that if they caused a scene he would most likely be able to convince the department head to at least go down and see what's happening. The department head would recognize Sasha. He would never forget him after “The Hair” incident. That should be enough to get them in.

Two guards exit the guard house just as Izea and Sasha get out of the car after shutting it off. “Excuse me, there's no park. . . .” The guard trails off as he gets a good look at Izea. “Sir, you know you're not allowed here. I don't want to have to call the police again.” I glance over at Izea and see him grimace.

“Listen Irve, I have no intention of leaving this time. I have with me subject Zero for the Few Good Men project, and he needs an examination A.S.A.P. You hear?” The tone in Izea's voice is harsh but still carries that authoritative note he'd always seemed to posses even as a child. The Guard looks in my direction before signaling to his partner. The other man vanishes back into the booth, presumably to relay our message to the eggheads inside. Irve stands staring at me, his brows furrowed. The other guard comes back out of the guard house and makes a slashing motion across his throat. Izea sags slightly.

“Sorry Sir, no dice. If the people who sign our paychecks say no, that's just how it's going to be.” Irve smiles slightly, shrugging his shoulders. Looking over at Izea once again the look on his face seems to trigger a burn in the back of my mind. Approaching the gate slowly I watch as the young guard's hand slowly slips towards the gun holstered at his left hip.

Once I reach the bar I feel my voice growl out low in my throat. “Sasha Ivalvich. Employee ID KY75743HQ3. Birth date 6/18/2005. Mother's maiden name Kolnakov. In my third year working here I put powdered laxative in the coffee in the break room and everyone was sick for a week, and the boss blamed and fired one of the new interns for it. I went to him that night and confessed. He could not bare to be proven wrong in a decision and refused to re-hire the intern so I broke his nose accidentally the next day.” Leaning in close to make sure the boy is paying attention I practically bare my teeth for the last sentence. “Tell him if he still doesn’t believe it's me, I'll be coming inside to say hello whether he he wants me to or not.” From the look on the guys face I can tell that the beast is using my anger to slip to the surface slightly.

A soft hand on my shoulder makes me jump slightly before I relax back against Izea. Somehow that little speech drained me and without Izea's support I know I'd be on the ground right now. The guard stumbles into the guard house, slamming the door. “I guess they've been briefed on at least recognizing someone infected with the virus.” Izea murmurs, his arm slipping around my chest in an effort to keep me one my feet. I nod, unable to articulate at the moment. After a short wait, the gate swings open and in the distance I can see a group of people gathering outside the front door to the lab. Izea helps me into front passenger seat before hopping back in the car and pulling forward on to lab grounds. We share a glance and I give his a vague thumbs up. I can feel my strength returning as we reach the gathering of people at the front door.

_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_

With a little trial and error I manage to extract myself for the squirrel some minutes later. The critter takes less then a minute to recover and with what sounds like nothing less than a long string of curse words it races off into the nearest tree and takes off across the branches away from us. Izea laughs dryly. “Gee, I wonder if it's upset.” I smile, staring off after it.

~No idea, but I do know that was rather intense~ Izea turns to look in my direction with one eyebrow raised. ~It was like one of those paranoia freaks who think the whole world is out to get them, or at least what I'd imagine they feel like anyways. Even after gaining control, it's natural instinct to run from you was like a live wire bouncing around in my brain, sparking stronger once in a while~ My friend nods before turning towards the woods.

“Well, if it's possible with a squirrel, then at least we know it truly is possible to take over a body not your own.” I can see the cogs turning in his skull like the inside of Big Ben in “The Great Mouse Detective” and I feel a flutter cross my stomach. Moving closer I lay a hand on his shoulder. A chill runs through him as he reaches up and places his hand through mine.

~Izea. . . . ~ He shakes his head.

No, it's alright. I'm not saying you should force yourself upon someone,but maybe we can find someone who'd be willing. . . .” His voice trails off, his gaze shifting to the moon above. He stands still for several moments, the wind rustling things here and there the only sounds in this otherwise silent forest. His hand slides into his pocket and I watch as he pulls out his cellphone. My head cocks to the side, and despite the fact that he can't see me Izea seems to sense my confusion. Turning around to face in my general direction he flips open his phone and smiles. “Let me make a call.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“So, you're saying my cousin Sasha is here, as a ghost entity type thing, and you want my permission for him to enter my body and take control of me to test your theory?” Lizzy Pops her gum, a dubious expression on her face as she looks up at my friend. Izea nods, a small smile on his lips.

It's been two days since the incident, and using various means of transportation Izea and I have finally reached the farm house of my young cousin Lizzy. Her chicken farm supplies most of the local markets with their fresh eggs, and the sound from the barns create quite a cacophony that can be heard from almost any corner of her property. Izea and her had dated for about six months in our final year in collage, but even after the break-up they stayed good friends through letters and phone calls. Now, floating in her frog deco kitchen those days seem a lifetime away.

She sits quietly from several minutes, studying Izea with a scrupulous eye. When his expression doesn't change she lets out a sigh. “Well, you're obviously mad, but sure, whatever, go ahead and try Sasha.” Taking a pointless calming breath I move in close and reach out to her the way I'd reached for the squirrel. As before I black out for a time, but this time when I come back, the shock almost knocks me right out of her body. Feelings, emotions, all the things I had lost when the beast took up residence inside me, all come rushing back into me. I can hear Lizzy's voice cry out in sadness and pain though Lizzy herself simply sits in the back of my mind, almost as if she's asleep. Once the initial shock wears off my vision clears completely and Izea's face comes swimming into view. I reach up to dry my eyes from the overflow of tears.

“I'm alright my friend. It's just, being in here, I. . .I can feel again. The things the beast did, the killing, it's all just a lot to take in.” Izea nods and helps me to my feet. I smile as he now towers over me. “It's weird having to look up to see your face my friend.” He chuckles back, his own every filling with happy tears. Once I feel stable on my feet I take a step back, re-getting use to walking. Feeling a little tippy I reach out and grab the back of one of the dining chairs. “For some reason I feel a little top heavy. . . .” At this Izea busts out laughing. Looking at him in honest confusion he points at my chest. I can feel my ears redden. “Oh, right. . . . .” Lizzy is very well endowed.

_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_

The meeting Izea had arranged with his contact is set for 9 PM the next day, so after some more tea and a bit of reminiscing we both curl up on the master bed and drift off to sleep. We spend the next day gathering together all of Izea's data on the project after we left the program. “It was like wrestling a bull with a butterfly net. They didn't want to give out any information to me, but with my clearance I managed to weasel out a good portion of the research data.” he boasts Is he pulls a bright red file folder from a box of mostly loose paper. After gathering up the papers we need Izea pulls me into the bathroom for one final check-up before the hour long wait before the meeting.

It's strange. As far as my mind is concerned my last check-up like this was mere days ago, but something about Izea's hands and his movements indicates he hasn't done something like this in a long time. After check-up we rummage through the closets for some sort of disguise. His contact had made it clear that if he was to continue to be of any use to Izea, he can't be seen meeting with us. Izea decides to don most of his ski gear while I settle on the classic film noir look complete with the cool hat. We look an odd pair but I'm positive we'll fit right in at the meeting place.

The car ride to the night fair is quick an uneventful and in one glance I confirm my earlier judgment about is fitting right in. It doesn't take long to park and make out way to the stall the contact set as the meeting spot. I wander around the front of the stall, curious about just way it is. “Candy Carving?” I inquire aloud as I read the sign over the stall. The one running the stall is busy with another customer, but the question is answered non the less. Form behind a man's voice makes it's way to my ears over the din of the other fair goers. “That's right. It's a Japaneses tradition, but I'm glad this fair adopted it as well.” Whirling around I feel Izea come to my side as a bearded man walks right up to the two of us with a stern look on his face. Without another word he motions to the stall before taking a seat and setting a five dollar bill on the counter.

Glancing over at Izea he gives me a nod before taking a seat beside the man. I take the last seat on the end and Izea lays out a five for me. The stall owner sets a flat sheet of hard candy on a block of wood in front of me and hands me a booklet and a needle with a broad flat handle about the size of a half dollar. “Just pick a pattern then start scratching away what doesn't need to be there!” He says jovially before moving off to help another customer. With a shrug I pick the first one in the booklet and begin scraping.

“So, you are Sasha I suppose?” I hear the man inquire.

“Yes sir, that's me.” I mutter, trying to concentrate on my candy.

“Can you prove it?”

With a nod Izea pulls out a vial of blood he'd taken from me back at the house. “Run it. It should match the last sample taken on file, unless it's mutated while he hibernated. But even then, the base genetic code should match.” Izea says as he hands it over to the man. The act of carving the candy is rather relaxing and as I work I can feel my stress level going way down. “So,” Izea continues, “once you've confirmed that this is indeed Sasha, I'll need your help getting him into the Lab. If we can figure out what's happened to him, we should have more than enough proof for the board to take this threat seriously.” The man glances at me past Izea and gives a sigh.

“Izea, if you're right and we aren't really killing these things, then heaven help us all.” he murmurs.

+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

And that's all for this section! Long one this time. I can't wait to see what you all come up with next! Until next time.

To Be A Knight
Seraphi
General Fiction Mod

Items
Legends
5512 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, they made it, but how long will the house be safe? The woman who spotted them may be scared out of her wits now, but I’m sure her senses will come back to her and she’ll call the police (or maybe animal control?) eventually. They just got there, but relocating might be the best option. Of course, Izea is injured and shouldn’t be moved much. Maybe Sasha should pay the woman a visit just in case (without Izea knowing, of course) Wink

~~~

As they search for information in the computer, Izea accidently trips a security switch on the testing rooms and some rather…unsavory creatures escape.

~~~

These people offer to run some tests on Sasha, but he will only allow Izea to do them. If they aren’t careful and refuse, the beast might have to make a quick appearance to convince them.

~~~

Bahaha! Very Happy I don’t…I don’t know where to go with this one really…but I wish I did! Maybe they can use this well endowed temptress to bag themselves a more flat-chested host of the opposite gender for Sasha to control? (I really don’t know, though XD)

~~~

Blood test a positive, the three stick their heads together to see if there is a cure (because it sounds like Sasha isn’t the only one that was infected with the mutated DNA and that could lead to some problematic, and bloody, encounters in the future).

~~~

Sorry this took so long, Pope. I read when you first posted and then...kind of forgot XD *goes to shame corner*
PopeAlessandrosXVIII
Arts and Poetry Mod

Items
Legends
13801 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:28 am    Post subject: Post Reply with quote

Oki, I should be able to get this one up today, I hope!

To Be A Knight

Last edited by PopeAlessandrosXVIII on Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Author Chapter
PopeAlessandrosXVIII
Arts and Poetry Mod

Items
Legends
13801 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:33 pm    Post subject: Section 6 Reply with quote

And, the next section everyone! This is getting interesting Kukukuku. . . . .

(Brown) Green – The woman returns home with every intention of calling the police. After Izea is asleep, Sasha pays her a visit.

(Red) Brown – While searching for information on the computer, Izea accidentally trips a switch and several nasty lab experiments get loose.

(Blue) Violet – The lab agrees to running some tests on Sasha, but he insists that only Izea is allowed to do them. The staff try to object causing Sasha's heckles to rise.

(Violet) Red – After a little time learning to use feminine wiles, Sasha and Izea head out to find a more “comfortable” host for Sasha.

(Green) Blue – After confirmation on the blood, the three begin working together to try and come up with a cure to help avoid any future bloodshed

+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

The lingering smell of bacon and toast makes my nose twitch, but I ignore the sensation as Izea makes his way slowly upstairs after the late meal. I feel a whine in the back of my throat and he turns to look at me. He forces a smile and walks gingerly back down the stairs to place a hand on my shoulder. “Sorry Sasha,” he murmurs, “It'll take me a little while to get that out of my head. I know it wasn't your fault, so don't think I blame you, please.” His voice is low and strained so I give him my best smile and shoo him off to bed. He gives me a grateful wave and wanders back up the stairs. As he vanishes from sight, so to does the smile from my lips. Gripping my head I try hard to hold back the chaos ripping at my skull. Taking deep breaths I feel my thinking devolve a bit and turn to the woman who'd seen me.

'She may have recognized Izea. The may put him in danger. I can't let Izea suffer for this I must. . . . .' A low growl rumbles from my chest out between my clenched teeth. My tongue lashes out to lick my lips and with the sounds and colors rending at my sanity I rush out the back door and down the alley. I feel myself drifting away a bit as my claws sink into the wooden back door of the woman's house. A sharp barking is cut short as my tail lashes out and take the head off her little white ankle biter. For the second time this night her screams rip through my mind, tearing the reins of sanity swiftly from my grip. As I drift up above the carnage I feel a faint tingle as my mind shift to what Izea would think about what I'm doing.

As soon as the screams stop, her head resting several feet away from her body in her large fish tank, I focus hard on my body, willing it to become mine again. I drift slowly downwards and with tremendous effort I manage to get a grip back on my mind. This time I watch as my flesh returns to normal, the ground coming closer as I shrink back into my old familiar body. Cursing under my breath I head back to the kiddy pool I'd washed up in before, not wanting to leave my finger prints on the lady's house, I'm careful not to touch the pool with my hands either. When at last I'm clean enough I head back to the house and collapse on the couch, exhausted.

_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_

After an hour of searching Izea slams his fist next to the keyboard in frustration. In the back of my mind I get the feeling I should be amused as he growls out, “Of all the computers, why did I have to pick Grego's!?” Grego was well known for creating odd links I his internal system. Even though this was well past his normal computer operations, small programs kept activating to “help” guide the search. With another growl Izea tilts forward and pulls up a sub folder that would link to he and I's old research. Pushing aside the little helper robot with a click of the mouse he opens the folder and we both stare at the shocking contents. “The. . . .Bastards. They kept going. . . . .” The true horror in his voice pulls at my stomach. Six new files, all originating after our experimentation was put to an end, sit lined up next to at least a dozen documents labeled “Fail 1-4” “Fail 5-9” and so on.

I can almost hear Izea's heart racing as he clicks on the first folder. An “Access Denied: Password Required” screen pops up and he pushed away from the desk to make room for me. My fingers fly across the keyboard as I compile what I know of Grego and play it against some universal constants and within' a few minutes the file opens. “Ah, my friend, you need to up your creativity a bit.” I murmur as Izea takes control once again.

“No, he needs to grow a brain and put an end to this folly.” I nod in agreement at Izea's statement as he pulls up a video file from the folder. This time my stomach drops all on it's own at the sight of the creature in the vid. “Oh lord. . . .They can't think this is an improvement.”

-While subject 830 has not been affected by the deteriorating diseases it's predecessors have been afflicted with, as you can see by it's actions it has entirely lost any semblance of coherent thought. The same goes for 831 and 832, of the same series.-

The voice is chillingly cool and calm with the events going on inside the experiment tank. A beast, far more inhuman than I when I transform, is covered in the blood of what appears to be a dog that had obviously been put in the tank to see what it would do. The dog, now in many pieces around the room, is given no peace as the beast continues to find pieces and tear them the shreds. Izea closes the video and clicks on a program named “Group Orientation”. Suddenly the overhead lights begin flashing and two automated announcements go off at the same time.

-Activating Group Orientation Experiment-
-Unauthorized Experiment Activation in Lab 6C-

“Fuck Sasha, we gotta get out of here!” Izea cries, bolting out of the chair. I grab him as he tries to dart past me to the door. Without a word he turns to follow my gaze. Behind the thick glass walls along the back of the room, three or four large creatures come into view. They look at one another and I can not help wondering if their thoughts are anything like mine when I change. I feel a bite in the back of my mind as I look at them, and a moment later I feel my whole body tense as they all turn to look at Izea and me. Izea's hand comes up to grip mine and I relax my grip, realizing I must be hurting him.

“Izea. They, they're. . .thinking. I don't know how I know, but their eyes. . . . .” Izea's grip on my hand tightens. For an instant, all things seem frozen in place, and then the world shatters. The door to the lab flies open and a group of armed guards come in with weapons drawn. The creatures form a line then one after another strike the glass in the same exact spot. After the fourth hit, the glass explodes inwards and with deafening roars, the beasts are unleashed.

_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_

Stepping out of the car, I grin a little as a small wave of satisfaction rolls off of Izea at the half panic on most of the gathered crowd's faces. As soon as Izea comes around the car we fall into step with one another and approach the team of scientists in the center of the group. A woman in the front steps forward and hold a hand out to Izea. It takes a moment but I recall her face vaguely. She was an intern who joined right before my “Accident”. Izea takes her hand, leaning in to whisper in her ear, “Thanks for the idea Lizza.” She coughs slightly, a faint blush on her cheeks as she steps back into the group.

From the back of the crowd comes a familiar voice, sounding as irritated and put out as ever. “So, you've returned from the dead. Good for you.” The crowd parts and I see the director standing there, flanked by armed men. Scowling deep he lets out an irritable sigh. “So let's put you to some good use and clean up this mess you left behind, hmm?”

The wave of anger that hits me from Izea's direction makes my neck crack as I tilt my head to the side and narrow my eyes. Biting a lip to control the fury I chuckle slightly. “Yes indeed director, let us clean up this mess you paid me to make.” The director bares his teeth angrily and turns on his heel, signaling for the guards to follow him. I stick close to Izea as the scientists fall in around us and begin chattering at he and I, firing question after question as we make our way into the facility. Once we reach the testing lab half the team moves away, taking the notes the took with them to work on compiling them.

“So, we'll start off with some standard blood and fluid tests, then move on to some scans. It's just amazing that you've maintained yourself this well.” I feel an itch as one of the team seems to try and take control of the situation.

“No. I don't know what you all have been up to since I went under, literally, and I don't have any reason to trust you.” They all freeze and Izea comes to stand next to me. Hopping up on to one of the shiny metal tables I pull my shirt off and point to Izea. “He'll be in charge here. He's the only one who will lay a hand on me.”

I feel a wave of exasperation mixed with understanding and pride come off of Izea. One of the other scientists starts to raise an objection. “But, it'll go much faster if we all work together. One man can only do so much! C'mon, don't be stubborn and let us help!”

Something about his cavalier tone rubs me the wrong way and in an instant I am across the room with my hand against his throat. I resist the urge to squeeze, but I can feel a burn along my skin. “I meant it, boy. No one but Izea touches me.” The voices of the others seem louder in my ears, and the smell of his aftershave makes my nose sting. I know I'm losing control for the first time since my awakening, so I desperately reach out for Izea with my mind. I feel it, the touch of fear, the ache. It pulls me back and with a shuddering breath the world returns to normal. This time Izea literally has to catch me to keep me from striking the cold stone floor.

_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_

I can almost hear my cousin laughing at me as yet another guy wanders away from me, sporting a red cheek. Despite her current state of consciousness, her sense of amusement comes to me like a dim memory. I make my way back to the booth where Izea sat watching the whole thing, then proceeded to bury his face in his drink. I poke him playfully in the back of his head as I fall into the seat across from him and feel my own sense of amusement as he snorts a bit of the beer, sending him into a coughing fit. Holding a hand over his moth as he coughs, we play a quick game of “Kick” under the table before I order a drink from a passing waitress. Happy hour is in full swing, and the bar patrons seem to think that means the floor isn't dirty enough. I watch as yet another bowl of snacks goes flying through the air to come crashing down in the middle of the dance floor.

I roll my eyes then are an eyebrow in Izea's direction. Three nights ago when he suggested that we find me a more, shall we say, suitable body, I wasn't quite sure I wanted to find out what he'd meant. I realize now that I was right in my not wanting to know. That night, after calming Lizzy down upon my extraction, he shared his plan of using her wiles to score me a male body. Both of us were silent for a long moment, then like a volcano Lizzy erupted, but not in anger, in mirth. Looking around the bar again through her eyes I now realize just how funny the prospect of my flirting my way into a guy's body really is. My objection against taking a body against their will was overridden by the both of them saying they would be willing, just not exactly knowing what they were consenting to. It's not like I'm hurting them, right?

However, I can see it's all for naught. Liz had tried to teach me, best she could, how to flirt like a woman, but somehow I'd always end up with their hands somewhere I know Liz would kill me for and I'd have to act accordingly. “Hey Izea? Are we the only gentleman left who go to bars?” I ask, my voice much higher than the one I grew up with. He chuckles and shakes his head with a shrug. Setting my head down on the table I moan. “Y'know, this was SO much easier as a guy.”

As I shift a little so that Lizzy's breasts aren’t pressed against the table so hard I hear Izea laugh again. “What, picking up guys, or banging your head on the table?” My foot darts out and I catch him in the shin just as the waitress arrives with my drink. He stifles a yelp and I grin at him.

“Like the heels? Nice and pointy! And I'm even getting use to walking in them.” I say, sicking out my tongue. He reaches under the table to rub his shin and rolls his eyes at me. Sinking back into the cheap vinyl seat I sip at my bear. “You know, maybe I can just get use to Liz for now. I know she's got a job, and can't exactly take time off to go running around the country with us, but at least she can help me learn how to be a girl so I can be more comfortable in any body I may use in the future.” Izea's brows furrow and I can almost see the calculations flooding his mind.

_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_

I chuckle once again as I hear a curse float across the room from his “Station”. His contact, unwilling to go to the people who run the lab yet despite proving that I am who I say I am, insisted a week ago that we set up a temporary lab in Izea and my's house to gather more proof. The once spacious living room and front hall is now crowded with tables, stools, and enough lab equipment tat if even one table fell over we'd be out millions. Glancing over I watch Izea rubbing his foot and I can just see him kicking the table as he tried to maneuver the area we have lovingly dubbed “Disaster Lab”. My eyes travel back to the chart in front of me and with a wave I call Izea and his contact over. The bearded man, name Morris, does a funny little tilt step over to me, dodging the expensive devices I'd gathered around my station for my part of the work.

Once I have them both I hold up the chart for them to see. “I ran your stats through the computer Izea, and crossed it with the bio analysis of my own genetic info you hashed out Morris, and I for the life of me can't fill in the blanks without more.” With a sigh I row my hands up then let them fall to my sides, dropping the clipboard on the only clear spot on my station. “We've been working at this a week, and while we sit here going over MY profiles, people out there are being attacked and possibly infected with a mutating virus, that for all intents and purposes, can't be stopped, I just ca-” My voice cuts off as Izea grabs my shoulders and starts rubbing out a bit of the stress.

My head falls to the table and I can almost feel him give Morris a critical look. “He's right. There's only so much we can do with Sasha's blood and my memory.” I let out a little groan, both in agreement and as Izea hits a particularly sore spot. “We need more recent samples, either from an attack, or a clean up, or, something!”

“I could always try and hulk out and see if I could drag one back here. Can't get any fresher than that, eh?” I murmur into my arms.

Izea stills then smacks me hard in the back of the head. I feel no need to protest. “Are you kidding? For all we know the only reason you're not like them right now is because you are staying calm and not “Hulking out”. If you turn and can't control it like before, not only would we lose the only subject we have to work with, but. . .” My stomach clenches as I look over my shoulder at my oldest, and right now, only friend. He's looking down at his shoes and I can see him trembling slightly. “I can't do it again Sasha. Not again.” I turn back to my station, burying my face in my hands.

The floor creeks and I peek through my fingers at Morris. He's giving me a hard look. “While Izea has a point, that may be the only option. I mean, I'll see if I can get anything from the lab tomorrow to help, but security is pretty tight, and I'm not exactly a favorite in your old department.” I can almost feel Izea growl from behind me. Reaching back I pat him on the arm, hoping he'll keep quiet so Morris can finish. The bearded man watches the action and takes a quick breath. “I'm not saying he has to yet, and who knows, he may not even be able to do it. Patient Zero is an enigma after all. And if I fail, we can always look for a fresh attack site. Sasha says he can sense when they get close to the house, so maybe we can hunt one down and check for something to use after the attack?” His voice is a little desperate. Izea goes back to kneading my shoulders, and I know he's now just keeping his hands busy while he thinks.

+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

GAH! That took forever, so sorry! *Bows* Now that it's up, lets see those suggestions! Remember, this is your story, let's see what you do with it!~

To Be A Knight
Seraphi
General Fiction Mod

Items
Legends
5512 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Izea wakes up feeling uneasy. This is confirmed by the woman’s death featured on the news. Despite his conflicted feelings about what Sasha has done, he decides it is time to relocate before anyone becomes suspicious of them and investigates.

When Sasha wakes up he is in an examination room. Izea is there and explains that he’ll be running the tests, but others will be helping compile data for the sake of time. As an added surprise, even though Sasha didn’t lose control he notices that there are some features from his beastly side that have started to emerge and become a part of his normal appearance.

Morris tries but fails to get any information from the lab. Izea still refuses to let Sasha transform so they set a trap to lure one of the beasts instead. Perhaps something will go awry with this plan and Sasha will have to transform anyway kukuku...

Sorry, Pope. This took me a bit longer than I expected. It has been a while so I had to reread from the beginning to make sure I didn’t get any of the plot bunnies mixed up XD
Author Chapter
PopeAlessandrosXVIII
Arts and Poetry Mod

Items
Legends
13801 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got to the new section! Sorry for the wait!

(Green) Red - Izea wakes up feeling uneasy. This is confirmed by the woman’s death featured on the news. Despite his conflicted feelings about what Sasha has done, he decides it is time to relocate before anyone becomes suspicious of them and investigates.

(Violet) Orange - When Sasha wakes up he is in an examination room. Izea is there and explains that he’ll be running the tests, but others will be helping compile data for the sake of time. As an added surprise, even though Sasha didn’t lose control he notices that there are some features from his beastly side that have started to emerge and become a part of his normal appearance.

(Blue) Brown - Morris tries but fails to get any information from the lab. Izea still refuses to let Sasha transform so they set a trap to lure one of the beasts instead. Perhaps something will go awry with this plan and Sasha will have to transform anyway kukuku...

+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

I wake to the sound of ragged breathing. Pushing myself carefully off the couch I look around, trying to find the source. An itch around my ears brings my hands up and I freeze as I feel far more hair than there should be. My hear begins to clench in my chest but after a moment my ears shift back into their normal flashy human shape. 'Odd, why would' My thoughts are cut off as I notice the sound is gone. It takes a few seconds but then it hits me, I must have been hearing Izea. 'I am always worried about him, thinking of him, perhaps that part of me. . . .' A flash of blood and the look of terror frozen on the dead woman's face passes before my eyes and I can feel the ripping inside my head. Carefully I rise and make my way upstairs. As I reach the second floor the door to Izea's room opens and he steps out. Still in his boxers, it's obvious he had a rough night. As soon as he spots me though he gives me a strained smile and wanders off to the bathroom down the hall.

'I should let him move at his own pace, as always' I turn to shuffle back down the stairs only to be halted by the bathroom door banging open with a loud crash. I turn in tome to catch a nude Izea as he nearly falls down the stairs in his effort to get to my side.

“You, you're not, I mean, I can see, it's.” His excited rambling comes to an abrupt end as he gives me a fierce hug. “Thank god. . . .” He murmurs then with an openly joyful face he wanders back tot he bathroom. After a few seconds I hear the shower come on and I can not help but feel his happiness pouring down the hall. With a small smile of my own I wander down to the kitchen. It's a but of a mess, both of us a little too tired the night before to clean up, and in my case a little to strong. We went through three cups before he handed me a metal one we use when camping and I only dented it slightly. I set about making breakfast, one of my specialties. From the front hall I can hear Izea coming down the stairs calling out, “Didn't we have that last night?”. His tone is lighthearted and I chuckle along with him. A few seconds later I hear the front door open and close.

The rustle of paper reaches my ear and I smile at Izea's life long habit of glancing at the front page before tossing it away. However when he enters the kitchen the grave look on his face draws my curiosity. Turning off the burners I walk over to him. As I draw near he drops his hands, the paper still firmly clutched in his fingers. The gruesome black and white picture on the front page looks familiar. “Sasha, did you go out last night?”

The soft spoken simple question filters through me, drawing no emotional response as nothing directed at me does these days. However Izea's own sickness and fear hits me loud and clear. With only a moment's hesitation I reply, “Yes.”

His breath catches in his throat and after a moment he lets out a long sigh. A whine finds it's way to my throat once again and he lets out a choked laugh. His gaze comes up to meet mine, the pain and suffering behind it making me ache inside. “We gotta get out of here.” The weight behind his words is heavy and all I can do to respond, is nod.

_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_

The sounds of people talking around him rings loudly in my ears and with a start I sit up, a sharp snarl on my lips. The group of people standing several feet away from my all jump back, falling silent. At my side however Izea moves closer to me. It takes a few seconds for me to recognize that I've been moved into a smaller room. One of the large exam rooms. Izea's hand comes up to grip my shoulder and I turn to him. “We moves you in here to help with the testing. You kept thrashing whenever someone started typing.” I give him a confused look, or so I hope, but instead of responding he continues with something completely different. “I will do all the hands on testing, I have their word, and you have mine. Don't worry, I won't let them mess with you.” It takes a few seconds to realize that he's whispering, but even as my mouth opens to ask why I hear another person whispering.

“It's going to be hard to do these tests. I'm so use to talking about the subject, but with what happened. . .” As my eyes turn on the little group across the room it hits me as they freeze. My hands snap up to my head and with a start I realize my ears, are not my ears. Bringing my hands in front of my face I see that my nails have blackened and lengthened, pointed now and slightly curved.

Izea takes my mutated and in his own comfortingly. “It's alright, it was just a partial change. I'm sure it will fade soon enough.” I look up and him, running my tongue around my mouth to make sure my teeth are still human. They are.

“Izea, run separate cultures on my human cells and the currently exposed mutated cells. Don't forget to check the coding for deterioration or further mutation.” He nods, writing something on his clipboard before helping me lay back on the examination table.

“I got it Sasha, don't worry. We'll figure this out as fast as we can.” I give him a nod and let myself relax. Over the following hours he moves around me quickly, taking samples and using various devices to test me. The other scientists shuffle in and out, doing errands as he needs them, and constantly taking notes. I do my best to ignore their whispered conversations, but occasionally I can feel the fur rising on the back of my neck when one or more starts saying something stupid.

_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_

The sound of gun fire rings loudly through the little part as the police try to slow the beast down until the actual Squad gets here. Behind me I can feel Izea shaking slightly, the sound bringing back unpleasant memories I assume. At my side Morris tenses and relaxes him muscles, the strain of his thick body being crouched so long obviously making his joint ache. His attempt to get more information failed, leading to a night of drinking followed by another night of planning. Izea still fears me transforming once more,however we are faced with no other choice My eyes rove the battlefield and I can feel a faint tingle in the back of my mind. Some part of me wants to join in, but I'm not sure if it's the beast in me wanting to fight, or the scientist in me wanting to clean up my mess. I ignore it entirely, the sharp pain in my innards at the creature's presence enough to distracts me from my own petty unconscious desires. With a blinding flash of light, the Squad arrives. They had driven up without any lights on whatsoever, shocking the creature's light sense with the blaze.

“This is it. Once they take it down, there's at least fifteen minutes before the clean-up crew shows up, and we have our window to grab what we can.” Morris's soft whisper barely carries the short distance between us as ungodly screeches fill the air. I watch, my stomach sinking for the first time on it's own, as the creatures falls to the ground, a huge dart sticking out of it's chest.

“Sasha, what's wrong?” I hear an almost audible snap as my eyes whip around to look at Izea. The concerned look on his face calms me down and I mutter that I'm alright.

'What was that? Why did I feel something then? Is it because it happened to me?' I shake away the questions and follow the other two as they moves slowly through the woods towards the attack site. The members of the Squad are all talking lightheartedly to one another, laughing and patting one another on the back. I watch them for a few seconds before I realize that the sharp feeling in my guts has not faded. Darting forward and pull Izea and Morris to a stop. “There's still more of them!” I hiss out through my teeth. As if on cue three more burst out of the forest near their fallen pack mate, or so I've come to think of them, and two Squad members are down before they even have a chance understand what is happening.

Izea turns away, a look of sick horror on his face. The look drives a spike through me, and the burn sets up along my skin that I recognize. Before any thought of stopping myself can even pass through my mind I launch myself out of the foliage. I can hear Izea call after my, the terror in his voice cutting me like a knife. However I feel my mind set. I do not fade, I do not move away from my body. Instead as I charge, my body changing around me, my thoughts remain clear: Stop the bloodshed.

One of the creatures lashes out towards a middle aged male Squad member, taking his arm clean off. An instant later I reach the scene, his blood spraying out over both of us along with himself. Reaching forward I grip the smaller beast by the back of the throat and squeeze. It cries out, my claws cutting into his throat in a way I've never seen before. It's cries draws the attention of the other two but even as they rush me the beast in my grasp breaths it's last. As it's lifeless body falls to the ground they skid to a halt. Behind me I can hear the Squad re-grouping. 'What, to stop it, do now, no bloodshed more' My thoughts are rough, disjointed, but somehow they give my enough prompting to act. Taking a deep breath I look upon the creatures, both snarling and hissing at me, and with a mighty effort I let out a deafening roar. The cower away from me, dropping to all fours as the sound reverberates around the area. When at last I finish, the sound still ringing in my ears, I feel an instinctual sense of pride as they run off at tops speed.

I glance over my shoulder. The humans, still stunned, simply stare back at me. Letting out a smaller roar I bend down and grab the dead one in my teeth and take off in a slightly different direction than the other beasts. 'Need, fresh, must relax' After crashing through the woods for about half a mile, a short trek in this form, I drop the creature's corps on the leafy forest floor. The taste of it's blood in my mouth is foul, acrid, and I do my best to spit it out. My ears snap up and I hear two sets of feet following behind me. 'No Squad. Izea smell' The scent causes a shiver to run through my veins and after a few deep breaths I stand naked an alone next to the hulking figure of the dead beast.

+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

There it is, the next section I hope you enjoy! I was sad to see some of those lines go, but it is your guy' story, so it's up to you which ones win, and which ones don't!

To Be A Knight
PopeAlessandrosXVIII
Arts and Poetry Mod

Items
Legends
13801 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 11:52 pm    Post subject: *Poke* Reply with quote

*Looks around* Suggestions?

To Be A Knight
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> Storygames: Horror, Mystery and Suspense All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: