Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
Think Tank

(currently a favorite of 1 user)
   Storygames Home -> Linear Lane - Linear stories, Critiques and writing competitions. -> Writers' Arena
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PopeAlessandrosXVIII
Arts and Poetry Mod

Topics: 122

Items
Legends
Fables
7870 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Think Tank Reply with quote

Think Tank

I am no good at organizing things, so I'll just throw this down as it came to me. I may organize it later, but anyways. . . .Here's the Idea.

I know for a fact that I'm not the only one brimming with good ideas, but have little time or patience to expand on them. I feel that each of us goes through a little war each day, wondering if a thought should be perused, expanded, shared and so on, and ultimately due to lack of time or resources, most Ideas simply fall way as Real Life asserts itself in our creative mind's way. So, I came up with an idea for a kind of Think Tank. This may be confusing, but bare with me for a second.

With each idea we let go, the potential behind it seems to free float and most of the time, putter out. So I want to open up this thread so that ideas can not only be shared, but through community, perhaps expanded on or used as inspiration for other members. For example, let's say I come up with an interesting poem, one with the potential for a story, but I myself am overburdened and can not pursue it. So, I put the poem here in this thread, and for this example, Seraphi is inspired by it. So, she will express that she wishes to use the poem, then writes a short story. This short story would then be placed on the Think Tank Result thread for others to take a look and give their opinions.

This thread will be open for anyone who wishes to put up their ideas. Let's say, for another example, Biz puts up an idea with the interest of collaborating with someone on it to create a short story, then Lilith takes an interest. Biz can work on the idea as a collaboration with Lilith on the Idea. It's up to the interested parties how they want to work it out.

The final option is let's say, someone is stuck on an idea and doesn't know where to go with it. The author can stick the idea here and ask for some suggestions on how to proceed. This, I think, is a great tool for hacking away at writer's block.

So, that's the Idea. I myself get millions of “Ideas” a day, and I would love to see what people would do with them, or which of them people would even find interesting. I hope you all have fun with this. For more information on the Short Story aspect of this Idea, see the Think Tank Results thread.

To Be A Knight
And my first Finished work Death Day
PopeAlessandrosXVIII
Arts and Poetry Mod

Items
Legends
Fables
7870 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Summoning Spell

Being of love, being of lust
With my Blood, I now entrust
Come forth now and join the fight
Bring with thee thy purest light
and burn away this endless night

This is a summoning spell I keep hearing in my head. It's words have shifted around a little, but it's practicaly the same as the first time I uttered it. The spell is for summoning and Incubus to fight by one's side during battle. The incubus itself is tall, light rusty red skin with mid back length darker red hair. His tail is thick at the bast, and is as long as his body is tall. He has the back legs of a feline like creature is structure, but it has no fur. His nails are black and slightly pointed, and his eyes are pure white. His fang teeth are pointed and a little longer than a human's. He's about 7 foot tall, and fights in the nude. He's a bit devilish, but is respectful of his summoner.

To Be A Knight
PopeAlessandrosXVIII
Arts and Poetry Mod

Items
Legends
Fables
7870 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Faith

In a world where faith in a god is necessary for one's survival, a young woman strikes out on her own to find a god worth her praise. Hot headed and mean spirited, her pride is tested when a young boy becomes bonded to her, and her cold heart begins to waver. The dark god Sirenti has been seeking this woman since her childhood, but this boy holds the key to saving her from her shadowed clutches. In his eyes there burns something the woman can not understand, but within her grows a need to protect the child. Unbeknownst to her, and to the gods themselves, the boy is to be a god himself one day, all he needs to do, is survive.

To Be A Knight
PopeAlessandrosXVIII
Arts and Poetry Mod

Items
Legends
Fables
7870 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Knight's Poem

Fist in glove
and sword in hand
I look across
the barren land
For my oath
I sound the call
To bring forth
the mighty fall
Lift me up
My will un-bent
Rest ye now
oh heaven sent

To Be A Knight
PopeAlessandrosXVIII
Arts and Poetry Mod

Items
Legends
Fables
7870 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Bump Reply with quote

Hey, just bumping this to remind people it's here :p

To Be A Knight
PopeAlessandrosXVIII
Arts and Poetry Mod

Items
Legends
Fables
7870 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:19 am    Post subject: Really? Reply with quote

Really? No one else has some random ideas they'd like to share/bat around? If not, I can keep adding mine Razz *Evil laugh*

To Be A Knight
PopeAlessandrosXVIII
Arts and Poetry Mod

Items
Legends
Fables
7870 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:58 pm    Post subject: *Sigh* Reply with quote

I'ma ad some more ideas later today, and I hope people start using this thread. I think it could be really useful.

To Be A Knight
PopeAlessandrosXVIII
Arts and Poetry Mod

Items
Legends
Fables
7870 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using

In this word there are Objects and Humans. Both are biological entities, and both have conscious. The only differences are what they can do, and how they are viewed. A human have all the rights and privileges one would expect in a civilized, sentient civilization. They also have the right to own Objects. As many as they can handle effectively. Objects on the other hand, while acknowledged as sentient living beings, can only live free and happy lives if their Human wishes it. They also have the ability to turn parts of their bodies into other things. Fingers into knives, arms into cannons, hands into lances, and so on. Not all changes are into weapons, or even really changes at all. Some enhancements are simply making one run faster, hear better, see further, and so on.

Each enhancement is represented by a tattoo on the body part that can be altered. Most Objects have only one or two, more than that is highly looked down upon because of the many potential repercussions from having so many advancements. Most Objects with more than five alterations die within a few months of the enhancements.

Objects are not slaves however. Some are treated as such, but in truth they are the way they are, and without being bonded to a human, they will die. They are genetically compatible with Humans, and can procreate with them, but the child almost always ends up as an Object. Objects are happy with their place in the world, happy to do whatever their Human needs of them, and other than the few cruel exceptions, most humans do not feel superior to their Objects.

A human can choose to become an Object. It takes a special procedure and an Object like bond to another Human, or on the very rare occasion, an Object, but it can be done. It does not happen often, but it is not looked down upon.

There are competitions held all over the world for Object to battle one another, either at their Human's will or for their own sake with permission. Objects have almost infinite healing ability and short of complete blood loss, decapitation, and complete immolation, they will recover fully. Severe wounds may leave scars.

_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_

This is something I'd like to write together with someone. I already have a base and a feel for the story so I may seem a little over protective, but if I can't get someone to work with me on it, it may die. And I would be sad. I need someone to help me with this, while keeping in mind I want, eventually Razz this to become an Anime(Animated Series). That being said, the hair styles and colors are beyond normal human ranges, and a lot of the stuff can be a bit exaggerated.

Here's the base(It came to me in a dream, seriously) - The main character is an Object who has way over the five alteration limit, but he functions perfectly despite that. Everything about him in enhanced, and he has the largest recorded battery of guns and cannons in his right arm ever recorded. However, he himself is in no record. He has no past, not knowing anything about himself at the beginning of the story. His co-main character are a young rich boy(Human), younger than himself but far more mature, his trusted teenage butler type character(Object) who wields dual pistols and is over protective of his Human, and eventually a young girl(Human turned Object) whom almost dies after being shot by the main character on accident in the first chapter. She gets turned some time later, but until then she has an unhealthy obsession with the main character with no explanation why. She is also the youngest character.

I literally see the entire first chapter in my head. . . .It is what made up my dream, and a lot of the rest I had to extrapolate by Dream Chasing for several hours.

So, anyways, please, somebody get back to me on this I would love some input. will say that unless I know you well and trust you implicitly, I prolly won't be able to co-author with you. *Looks around* You guys know who you are. I hope this interests one of you Razz

To Be A Knight
Emperor
Citizen

Topics: 29

Items
Legends
Fables
596 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On Object - I would be a little careful because it is ringing a few bells with some anime that is already out there. PM me for the ones that come to mind.
Just to sound contrary, there are a few key differences that make it worth at least exploring.
Lastly, keep in mind that if you are going to want a co author, or if you want to work with a team that will eventually turn this in to anime - then you much invariably be able to give up some control and/or be flexible with the input with other. Up until a few months ago I was working on a comic with a group of friends, and I can tell you that there is a lot of give and take that is necessary.
PopeAlessandrosXVIII
Arts and Poetry Mod

Items
Legends
Fables
7870 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this has some strong correlations to Anime that already exist, and that's one of the reasons I'd like to see if it could make it as one Razz I'm just hoping to make it different enough, or at least interesting enough that someone besides me thinks it's worth watching Razz

I'm glad you can see some things already that makes it different.

On that last point, I totally agree. I've been working with Sagi-kun long enough to at least get a feel for giving up control of things. After being in dozens of one-on-one RPs, I think I've become rather good at ding the give and take thing *Grin* I guess when it comes to this it's less that I want to control it, it's more I want to find someone who can understand the feel, the thing I'm going for, so that we care enough on the same page that the give and take feels lees like a compromise and more of an agreement. If that makes any sense. I need someone who can feel about it the way I do, and can agree with me on the core mojo of the story. Other than that, I am relatively flexible. Just ask Sagi-kun and/or my 23 RP partners *Grin*

To Be A Knight
PopeAlessandrosXVIII
Arts and Poetry Mod

Items
Legends
Fables
7870 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:18 am    Post subject: *Poke* Reply with quote

More pokes to keep threads alive Razz I'd really love to see more ideas here other than my own *Grin*

To Be A Knight
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> Writers' Arena All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: