Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
Mech-dreg

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> Stasis Hall - Completed or archived Storygames -> The Vault
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author Chapter
Kisses
Citizen

Topics: 29

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:20 am    Post subject: Mech-dreg Reply with quote

Day 1
Ok, so I am the age to know what would be going on in my city. However this is no ordinary city. This city exists in a forest, yet it is still called a city. This place has never had a snow fall or at least a rain for more than an hour. My world is heated by the bodies and creatures we call Dragons.

I've been spending my time writing down the reactions and the personalities of the dragons I run into. At least these dragons are trainable. But after the age of five months you cannot teach them anything. Which is the horrid thing of these creatures.

They have to be taken care of like a little baby parrot. To teach it to talk to you, telepathically or even personally in your face attitude. Those who speak through voice to head, is a rare occasion. My mother has one, but sadly she has lost her sight from a crop eating creature.

Having to kill the creature, she missed a burning arrow. A surprise attack from the creature-- a gas like spray sent the flames to bounce-back to her corneas. I had only been six years old, well with such a young spirit as me, I did not know that people can get blind.

I would not forget her startling around the floor looking for something to hold on to, while her eyes couldn't tear up. All she could say was, "Take me home"

I held my mom at her two hands and led her to our tree house. yes, we live in a tree house with metal stairs. My mom was quite a writer during her time, still she regreted not finishing her story and journal on her life happenings. I had suggested I would write it. If only I could give my mom her sight back. Which was one of her top humanly sights she would never want to loose.

I am sitting with a half written book on my lap, hands shaking as I listen to my mom mumbling to herself, she was probably talking to Speed-- the swim dragon. Her spirit was a part of that dragon. She had been continuously speaking to Speed about three things: Storms arriving, Clear days and some type of smell.

the book in my hand was my mothers, I had been reading it for the past two days. It had thirty pages, yet, I knew this field journal was not complete. And the blind of my mom-- tore her feelings causing her to stop her imagination. Sometimes I feel she lets Speed watch me. I know she is, otherwise my mom would give Speed up and live in an old age home far in the east.

the east was a city brought on by the dragon trainers. the dragon trainers never take on someone like me, they don't want people who have to family diagnostics of being a prone to trouble, clumsy and unsure of "yourself". That sounds obnoxious of them, but it has to do with coordination and confidence.

Feeling the cover I wondered what it was from. I could see the journal book was covered in a blue tissue material.

I smelled glue coming from the kitchen cubical, it was a small kitchen only big enough for two people, when I took a peek my mom had apparently tipped over a jar of wood glue. Her eyes were teared up, her hands covered in glittery shell parts, and her finger was burnt where her ring was supposed to be.

Her wedding ring was not even close by. "What happened?" I gasped, hoping for the least worse thing to be said.

"I don't know Hun, I felt a burn on my hand and I dropped the surprise egg of yours...." My mom's tears was long crocodile tears, and her hands seemed to shake whilst she was crackling egg shells around the table. She was looking for something.

"A surprise?" My face lit up like the milky way. All feeling scattered at my mom getting me a gift. My eyes turned down at a little blue thing which was in a rocking-crawl baby form. "What dragon is that?"

"Oh, Thank God! He's ok." My mom dropped the shells and bent down, blindly feeling the floor, the floor was wet and finally she felt the little tail of the dragon.

Lifting the little one from the floor, she examined its tail with her touch.

"Speed is giving you this one to take care of. She is sure you will be the best parent for it."

I wish I could see my moms eyes as it was two years ago. She had to adapt so much. All I could do was hold her close and tell her thank you and that I love her. The little dragon started screaming whilst I was holding it tapping its little body, in a burp-patting motion.

"She needs ground-up fish." My mom sadly not use to the house yet, pointed out the window instead of the door.

I had full trust that my mom would be OK when I come back from feeding her. I was so use to being individual but now I have to get use to having something follow me. It keeps on screaming for something. I had started jogging to the inner city center. Sadly when I got there, I had totally forgot my bag.

However I was approached by a little old man, in his eighties. He had a very old Chinese fish dragon with him. However he had a smirk of great fulfillment on his mug.

"You want fish-ground right? That little one is not being taken good care of by you."
"It had just hatched ten minutes ago."

"Still I will call the Dragauge troupes to take that little one away, unless you are willing to do me a favor?"

The Dragauge troupes is the ruthless yet valorous guards of dragons, they take care of dragons and take away dragons to those who do not deserve to have one or even take care of one. This old man was really twisting my arm for something. Thing is if the dragon is to do something wrong in the owner's possession the guards would take the dragon away. I have to make a choice, this man doesn't want to tell me what he wants, he wants me to agree first. The guards can be noticed by paladin armor, white with a silver rim. And their whole face was hidden by a mask with a black glass covered helmet

It is said that the dragon guard helmets can resist heat and fire direct from a dragons fire-chamber-- which the chamber is controlled by sulphate contained rocks to produce hydrogen that can light on fire.

____)

Should she agree to what ever he wants from (you) or should (you) disagree, any ideas what to do?

[/url]
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> The Vault All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: