Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
Is This Me 012 - Encounter **New**

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> The Fantasy Forest - Fantasy Storygames -> Is this Me?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author Chapter
PopeAlessandrosXVIII
Arts and Poetry Mod

Topics: 122

Items
Legends
13801 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Is This Me 012 - Encounter **New** Reply with quote

Encounter

Fellion sits quietly for a while, letting her body adjust to being on a hard surface. In the water even when resting on the rocky bottom of the lake she doesn't really feel her weight. On land the heaviness in her limbs gives her a sense of mild dread. Like she is being held back, trapped. She closes her eyes, letting the gentle sounds around her flow through her. 'So much is happening. My home, gone. My family, murdered.' She bites her lip in rage. 'It is too cruel. We love the water, it is our world, and what is done to slay my tribe? They are drowned! Using what gives us life to take it, such evil should be left to stories. She fumes for several more minutes, thinking of ways to exact her revenge. It is only the tang of her own blood on her tongue that finally pulls her from her dark thoughts. With a sigh she reaches up to wipe the blood from her lips. Wincing slightly as her drying skin scraps across the small abrasion her eyes fall on the boy asleep on the cave floor.

The slow rise and fall of his chest indicates he's still sleeping. She watches quietly for a while, letting her thoughts drift hither and thither. 'Why am I here, with these strangers? I feel it. I know there is a reason, but it it truly what I should be doing? My people. . . . . Should I not stay and morn? That is what we are taught.' Her eyes drift past him to the barely visible edges of the waterfall outside the cave. Her chest clenches for a moment as the images of her people flashes before her eyes for an instant. Her gaze drifts quickly back to the boy and she feels herself settle. 'He. . . . .He is special. Important. He did something. I know, I can feel it.' She glances back at the waterfall before shifting on to her hands and knees and crawling slowly towards the child. With painstaking care she settles down beside the boy, her upper half propped up on her elbow so she can look down at him. As she watches his face contorts ever so slightly every few seconds. Instinctively she reaches out to sooth her hand over her forehead, like a mother trying to brush away her child's bad dreams.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

He's back again. Inside the room with the invisible walls. He moves about it, slowly, searching for something, anything. Outside of the room is a swirl of dusty gray smoke, obscuring his vision. He walks sideways along one wall until he reaches a corner where he turns and follows the new wall. A slight twinge runs through him as a faint red aura comes into view. It's dim, and low to the ground. He takes a few more steps before kneeling to get a better look. There, just inside the smoke, is the red being. He settles on to his knees and moves his face close to the wall. “What is it?” he murmurs aloud. The being is stretched out on it's side, it's head cradled atop a crooked arm. It flinches and writhes slightly, but other than that shows no sign of life. “Why is it?” he inquires to the emptiness around him. The wall beneath his fingers feels warmer than the other parts of the wall as he presses closer to the figure.

From his right a faint call draws his attention. Looking to his side he can not find the source of the sound. A low keening hum draws him forward. Keeping one hand on the wall and another raised in front of him he walks slowly. A faint blue glow appears in the smoke moments before his hand lands on the wall before him. Pressing in closer he strains his eyes, trying to get a better look at the glow. After a few seconds it comes closer on it's own. It's, another him. This one’s different from the red one not only in color, but also in the feeling it gives off. The wall cools as it comes closer. It dances slightly from side to side as it approaches, a smile wide on it's lips. Such a foreign expression on his own face makes Darkon freeze momentarily. The vibrant blue figure dances closer, it mouth opening to let out a low laugh. It stops a few feet short of the wall and Darkon relaxes.

It waves, wiggling around like a child who's been told to stand still but just can't help itself. It gives the boy a wave, laughing again, then swings both arms behind it's back to grasp one another. Leaning over it's hands still clutched behind it's back, his ears barely catch it's words as it begins speaking softly. ~Do you remember? We use to go everywhere. We could go wherever we wanted. We were free. Free to come and go, to do our job. We had everything one could ever want! Here, and there, we would find new things. We would pass in and out of lives, places, times. We had so much freedom.~ It's voice trails off, hands falling to it's sides as it stands. It takes a few more steps forward. ~Remember before~ It says, it's voice becoming fainter. Darkon presses his fingers harder to the wall, willing it to go away so he can reach out and touch the blue him. Soundlessly the world around him fades into darkness, and his eyes open.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Fellion's face hovering over him is the first thing he sees. Her hand retreats from his forehead but as it passes he reaches up and takes hold of it. He watches the faint play of blue on gray and feels his churning stomach settle. Looking past it he sees her eyes opening a bit wider at the touch. Releasing her he sits up carefully. She sits back and gives him a quizzical look. It's a look he knows well from his first days with Tarith. As his minds settles back into it's usual state the two of them turn to look as Tarith returns. From his hand hangs several long scaled creatures. He holds them up with a smile, and with a cheery note in his voice he says, “Dinner!”

Tarith does his best to not appear suspicious as the three of them walk slowly into town. They had spoken late into the night over just how to continue their search for answers. Tarith could think of no better place to seek answers than the Begrath, but in order to reach it they have to pass through the small harbor town and pick us supplies. As such, early in the between light hours he'd snuck into town and purchased some traveling cloaks from an early morning vendor. A common sight in the city, the three cloaked figures draw little attention. Glancing down Tarith lets out a little sigh and smirks as the hood belonging to Darkon whips back and forth. 'He's trying to take it all in. This must be some experience for him. The only building he's ever seen other than the harbor hut is my own small cottage. I wonder what questions he'll have later' Shifting slightly Tarith is careful not to dislodge Fellion. Her steps are becoming slowly steadier but to avoid any mishaps she holds tightly to his arm through the cloak.

A series of high pitched squeals and giggles draw his attention to a pack of children chasing a ball across the main thoroughfare they are walking down. The playful shoving and shouts echo off the buildings as the local vendors take up posissions between the play and their wares. A few point at the group, giving out hearty laughs. Even in these calm surroundings Tarith can't seem to let himself relax. Looking down at his small traveling companion he smiles wide as Darkon pushes his hood back slightly to get a better look, his eyes locked on the children. He's so transfixed on them that when a man passes a little too close and bumps him it barely seems to register. Tarith lets out a little growl and reaches out, pulling Darkon in closer.

A small shock is slow to spread through his body after the encounter with the stranger. After a few seconds he tears his eyes away from the small ones now kicking the round thing around the dirt path to turn and look over his shoulder. The man stands, likewise looking over his shoulder, an odd expression on his face. Their eyes meet and Darkon narrows his gaze. Stopping he feels Tarith's arm slide off of his shoulder. Turning he tries to get a better look at the man. He's likewise clad in a cloak, rather tattered and well worn, it's brown color a stark contrast to the man's fiery red hair. Cropped short it looks rather messy but clean. His face has a small dusting of brown dots Darkon can't identify against pale skin. After a few seconds the man gives him a little smile and a wave. A hand on his shoulder causes Darkon's head to snap around, his eyes locking on Tarith's. They are silent for a moment. Glancing back at the man Darkon files away the faint green dancing along the edges of the man before turning back to Tarith and giving him a nod. “I thought I saw something.” He murmurs, tuning back down the road and continuing north.

Fellion giggles at the look on Tarith's face as the boy continues on without them. She gets a better grip on his arm as he takes several long strides to catch up with the smaller male. 'I wonder what he saw? Heheh, if he keeps this up, Tarith's heart will stop' She giggles again and looks up at the luif. He looks back, one eyebrow cocked. “Do not worry so much Tarith. He knows more than what is known.” The man gives her a very puzzled look as she turns her gaze away towards the other beings around them. She's never seen so many humans. Indeed, she would spend whole days watching the ferry from a distance, but the closeness, the sounds and smells. Despite the actions of the ferry workers days before, Fellion can't help but feel a bit of wonder at the ebb and flow of life on land. Some things are familiar, like the children at play, and the groups of men and woman sitting or standing around chatting. Foreign however are the small shops lining the street. In her society, there was no need. Everyone had a job, and everyone shared. She doesn't understand the passing of small metals between the peoples.

With a sigh she stops trying to understand the ways of the land dwellers and simply focuses on trying to keep her legs from giving out. When she was younger, the thought of walking was so strange that it took the Master himself stepping on land for her to even try the shift into a land dwelling form. Her steps had been few that first time, and before long she slid back into the water with a huff. She can still hear the sound of the Master's laugh as she declared quite finitely that she would never again set foot on land. He'd walked to the edge of the water and knelt before her. His eyes sparkles in that mysterious way it did sometimes as he reached out and ruffled her hair. “You never can know the future, little Felli. Try not to live it before it comes.” The words echo through her mind as the group of children shuffle past, the ball passing mere feet from her. She glances over her shoulder and wonders if any of them ever thought about the future.

Tarith keeps his eyes moving scanning the area for trouble. He spots a shop selling simple food items and steers the other two towards it. Darkon wanders up to the edge of the stall and starts looking at each and every item. The Vendor eyes him suspiciously causing Tarith chest to tighten. Doing his best to sound calm he steps close to the stall and says to the vendor, “Sorry, he's a curious boy. We are looking to traverse the Guen forest on our way to Begrath. Would you happen to have some traveling rations?” The vendor glances at him for a moment before giving Darkon a final appraising look. Tarith thanks Venaah that the boy's hood had fallen forward at some point, hiding his features from the sharp eyes stall vendor. With a nod he turns his gaze instead on to Tarith.

As they haggle the prices of dried meats and fish Tarith's keen hearing picks up on the voices of several men approaching. He finishes the purchase quickly, passing the man his money before pulling Darkon gently towards a nearby building. Stepping between two houses he kneels to put the meats away, his heart beginning to race.

“We've sent out several search parties to look for survivors, but the going is slow.” The man's voice sounds tired.

“I'm more concerned with finding the killer at this point.” Says another man, his voice laced with rage. “Did you see that carnage? And the people who survived say it was just a small boy who done it! Imagine! No one would look twice at a child as someone who could do such a thing.”

A third voice chimes in. “And don't forget, it was a weird child. Maybe not a child at all! Dark skin and hair, and didn't the passengers say he had eyes like the dead?” There is a general murmur of agreement.

The angry voice speaks up again. “For all we know, the beast is already in town! It could be hiding out in the forest, ready to attack the town!.” Several voices chime in, a growing panic in their voices as they agree with the man.

Tarith swallows hard, standing slowly. The men are still a little ways off, but it won't be long before they come close enough to see them standing there between the houses. He runs options over and over in his head on how to get out of town unnoticed. 'It's not like we'd stick out that much just walking out like any other traveler passing through, but with Darkon's height he's a dead give away. They'll most likely search every person around his height as they leave town in the panic they seem to be working up. And if they see him. . . . .' He glances down at the small face gazing up at him with it's now comfortingly blank look. The boy's head is cocked to the side in question but Tarith can not think of what to say, his thoughts too scrambled at the moment.

+++++++++++++++++++

There we are folks, sorry for the wait. We're in a bit of a pickle aren't we? Heheh, how will the gang get out of this one? Simply try their luck walking out? Hide somewhere and wait for dark? What?

Can't wait for your suggestion, I hope you enjoy the chapter!

To Be A Knight
And my first Finished work Death Day

Last edited by PopeAlessandrosXVIII on Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:07 am; edited 2 times in total
Tazgirl18992
Visitor

Topics: 0

Items
Legends
24 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
He eyes drift past him t the barely

Her eyes drift past him to the barely

Quote:
focuses on trying to keep he legs from giving out.

focuses on trying to keep her legs from giving out.

Anyways, enough with the tiny corrections. Smile

Maybe hide and find a way to disguise the hair and skin? Like chalk & wig or something?
Better to hide in plain sight, than sneak around in the shadows, especially if people are looking for anyone sneaking about.. Smile
PopeAlessandrosXVIII
Arts and Poetry Mod

Items
Legends
13801 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for reading and commenting! And I'll get on those corrections later.

To Be A Knight

Last edited by PopeAlessandrosXVIII on Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:59 am; edited 1 time in total
PopeAlessandrosXVIII
Arts and Poetry Mod

Items
Legends
13801 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:09 am    Post subject: Post Reply with quote

*Wanders around moping* Anyone? *Grins* Just teasing, I know you guys're busy Razz

To Be A Knight

Last edited by PopeAlessandrosXVIII on Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:58 am; edited 1 time in total
PopeAlessandrosXVIII
Arts and Poetry Mod

Items
Legends
13801 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:01 am    Post subject: Post Reply with quote

If I got no more suggestions, I'ma just go with Taz-chan's. So, get in yer suggestions soon!

To Be A Knight
PopeAlessandrosXVIII
Arts and Poetry Mod

Items
Legends
13801 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same as I said for my other SG, 'cept I'm going with the only suggestion given rather than making my own. However I will hopefully have the next chapter up this week!

To Be A Knight
Emperor
Citizen

Topics: 29

Items
Legends
2041 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice to see you posting again pope. I will try to get in some comments soon!
kkdestiny
Mayor

Topics: 56

Items
Legends
7049 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-pokes Emporer, pokes the story game-

well...I think it's been long enough. As for me, I'll go along with what Taz is suggesting.

"The Freedom of Magic" Just got its THIRD chapter up!

Hope you all find the time to read them Very Happy *goes off to look for an SG to read*

Note to self: The Elven Moon; Coin; SVI; Black Animals; Two Wolves; Angel Cat
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> Is this Me? All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: