Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
The Kingdom of Isteraal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> Role Player's Den -> Group Role Plays
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Cyberworm
Respected Citizen

Topics: 5

Items
Legends
Fables
726 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's not too many.

Too many of what?

Nice eyes.

They do want to kill us, I know.

So... how do you kill the bastards?

I can take out one with a shot to the eye, maybe two.

But I don't know how I'll handle them in close combat.

Better take out three and pray that the rest got at least as much, huh?

Baelar didn't say much though. Put those boots on and bow on his back with a quiver to match.

Is that a bastard sword?

Sure is, mate.

It's more like a big dagger.

It's good.

He took it and readied his bow.

Beyond Good and Evil
Could it be that being good is not good at all?
Shillelagh
Citizen

Topics: 20

Items
Legends
Fables
913 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Oh, Gods, no..." Laneus muttered under his breath, once he realized what was happen. "Oh Gods oh Gods oh Gods..." Laneus first reached out for a bow, but then stopped and thought better about it. There was no telling if the back lines would actually be safer against these things- and he was too terrible of a shot anyway. Time to put the cowardice aside and step up.

Laneus grabbed one of the large swords, unfamiliar with the blade outside of the various mercenaries and travelling entertainers he'd seen over the years. "This is... probably close to an axe," Laneus reasoned with himself. "Closer than a bow. You swing, the edge cuts... you've chopped hundreds of trees over the years. And a wolf, once. Think of the wolf. This is... this is no... no different..." he continued, even his own voice rejecting the optimism.

"Oh Gods," he muttered, letting the blade drop to the ground. "Aileen, send me your strength."

Ihniwid Chapter 5 is up- find it here!
Tikanni Corazon
Honored Citizen

Topics: 75
Location: Running through the plains of my mind, my wolf spirit at my side (but doing so in the UK!).

Items
Legends
Fables
918 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the Forest...

Finally managing to drag her boot back on, Thalia looked up, her prior gaze from before turning to one of shock at the sight of what truly faced them.

“What the...” she murmured quietly, her eyes darting between the shadowy figures within the dark mist, which was slowly dissipating before their eyes, causing the creatures to come into full view. She shook her head in disbelief, her eyes wide and slightly nervous at what faced them. “This is daemon magic of which I've never seen the like...”

Around her, the others of her order stood transfixed as one, then three, then six...until nine of what could only be described as monsters were revealed. Each one stood around eight feet tall, with hugely broad shoulders from which hung a pair of abnormally long, muscular arms almost dragging upon the ground. Enormous pectoral muscles stood prominent on their wide torsos, leading down to a pair of fairly short, squat legs, in comparison to the rest of their bodies. The head set atop the nearly non-existent neck was also strangely small, and almost completely spherical in shape, with sparse, matted black hair hanging down past their shoulders. The vicious glowing-green eyes darted around at the company before them, while a third eye-like protrusion was set into the centre of their foreheads, a glowing amber in colour. Wide, grinning maws stretching across nearly the whole width of their visages, the needle-like teeth within dripping with thick, black-tinted drool. One of the monsters allowed it's tongue to protrude from inside the cavernous depths, revealing it to be black also. Their grey-green skin was clad in little more than a covering of black fabric around their waists to hide their modestly, leaving their twisted, ugly bodies almost entirely on show, and a distinct scent of sweat wafted towards the company. In their hands, each one held a weapon, mostly consisting of a thick, short-bladed sword or an axe.

Thalia, coming to her senses rallied her followers.

“Ready your bows!” she bellowed, the men and women of the company jumping straight into action, each knotting an arrow in their bows and getting ready to fire. “Now!”

Four arrows were let loose by the Acolytes of the Water temple, each one striking true. The beasts before them screamed and charged. Thalia stood strong, her sword raised as one charged towards her. She sliced the sword across the monster's chest, causing thick, black blood to spatter on the ground around them. With a swing of one of it's huge arms, the creature retaliated, sending the woman flying back, her form slamming hard against a tree, then lying still. The creature screamed, then advanced on the rest, alongside it's brethren.

Back outside the smouldering ruin of The Tangled Ivy...

Aileen gasped suddenly.

“Laneus?” she said, looking around, though she knew he wasn't there. But she was sure she'd heard his voice, asking for her strength. Panic seized her, and, summoning her magics to herself, she sent out her awareness, seeking out her new friend. It wasn't long before she found his warm presence, and through his eyes saw what he, Baelar and the others faced. Fear shot through her at the sight of the monsters, of which she'd never seen the like, but knew only too well where they must have come from...Tristis.

She reopened her eyes, paying no heed to the guard around her, and threw her arms towards the sky.

“ISTRA! GREAT MOTHER OF ALL THAT IS GOOD AND JUST IN THIS WORLD! LEND ME THE STRENGTH TO HELP MY FRIENDS FIGHT BACK AGAINST THE DARK ENEMY! I BESEECH YOU!”

After her short, heartfelt prayer to the Goddess, Aileen sought within herself, gathering every last scrap of her magical strength. Placing her palms upon the ground, she channelled the magic forcefully into the earth, sending it hurtling towards Laneus and Baelar.

“BY THE POWER AND WILL OF THE GREAT MOTHER, ISTRA, GIVE THEM STRENGTH, PROTECT THEM FROM HARM, GRANT THEM THE POWER TO DEFEAT THE MINIONS OF THE DARK ENEMY!”

As she felt her power strike true, Aileen, her strength sapped, collapsed back on the ground and knew no more.

Back in the forest...

As if by a strike of lightning, Baelar and Laneus are hit with a sudden force, entering through their feet and pushing upwards into the rest of their bodies, making their muscles tingle with new strength and power.

Cyberworm
Respected Citizen

Topics: 5

Items
Legends
Fables
726 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa!

I'm not to look a given horse in the mouth but...

Whoa.

"Laneus, whatever you mumbled over there seems to be working!"

Baelar shot an arrow aimed towards an ogre's forehead.

"But you should start singing if you don't want us to be toast!"

Beyond Good and Evil
Could it be that being good is not good at all?
Emperor
Citizen

Topics: 29

Items
Legends
Fables
596 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Tikky

Just spent a good part of my day rereading this. I forgot all about this and how fun it was. Anyways. Just thought you should know
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> Group Role Plays All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: