Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
ARENA OF DEATH! Game over man! GAME OVER!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> Stasis Hall - Completed or archived Storygames -> The Vault
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Sorrow_A

Items

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Bungo has a pretty good vantage point to start throwing some knives around, or rocks. The Blademage wouldn't like that.

Of course, Mister OF Elf already has some grudge against the halfling for beating him in the first match.

Rufus, from what I remember, thrashed Rathier completely (COMPLETELY) in the first round -- he's got some tricks up his sleeve. But a regular old FireBall won't get him anywhere, now -- time for some unorthodox ownage.

The Blademage might have a little trouble seeing his target . . . the dude's a bit short, and the Blademage is underwater, which could hamper a few things.
Key
King

Topics: 207

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Malfait and Rufus are going to tangle first, since they landed so close to each other. For Rufus, I'd say stick with what works - go with a fireball again. If I were Malfait, I'd try to close the distance quick before Rufus can cast, and be ready to jump out of the way of whatever he throws at me. Once Malfait closes, he's got the advantage.
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Topics: 339

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 7:37 pm    Post subject: Arena of Death - The end! Reply with quote

“The Blademage is wading out of the stream Bob, he is heading for the chest near the Halfling.”

“Yes, I don’t think he has seen Bungo, who is crouching down behind it and is using his abilities to merge into the landscape.”

“Those little people Bob, I always said you couldn’t trust them, sneaky little bas…”

“Wait! Let’s see what happens here! The Blademage is approaching cautiously, he still hasn’t seen the hobbit, he is looking…Oh!”

“Yes indeed Bob, that has to hurt! Bungo Kneecapper has leapt out and pickaxed the Blademages’ kneecaps! I guess that name was really earned!”

“…but the Blademage isn’t helpless, even on the floor with blood streaming from his legs. He has lashed out with his big sword and given the hobbit a nasty cut along the shoulder. Bungo has had enough, he has run for cover into the wooden hut!”

“Meanwhile Rufus has leapt for cover himself, in the rocks, and Mal-Fatty is skulking around the hut, keeping close to the walls.”

“I can’t see clearly Bub, but I think the mage is busy casting some sort of spell. It doesn’t look like a fireball, but I don’t know what affect it has had.”

“Mal-Foot has seen him though, he is crouching low and zig-zagging towards the mage, wary of those fireballs!”

“…and here comes one now! Rufus has seen Mal-Fait and look at it go! A huge ball of fiery death heading for the Citizen of OF!”

“But look at him roll! The slippery elf has dodged the fireball with only peripheral burns!”

And it has hit the wooden hut! The hut has just exploded in a HUGE ball of fire!”

“Oh my! Bungo Kneecapper was in there Bob! Rufus has just made some hobbit toast!”

“Meanwhile the Blademage has opened the first chest and has found two Arena Orbs! Eight more and he wins the competition!”

“Rufus has also seen a chest Bob, hidden away in the rocks. He is opening it… Oh! Booby trap! It’s a booby trap box!”

“Indeed, indeed Bub, Rufus simply wasn’t careful enough. Some sort of needle trap by the look of it, a classic chest trap!”

“Yes, they are often poisoned as well, and Rufus does seem to be staggering around somewhat.”

“Meanwhile the Blademage is dragging himself towards the bridge and the chest. I guess with his knees out of operation he is trying to get as many orbs as possible.”

“But Mal-Fart has seen him! He has decided to ignore Rufus for a moment and dispatch the Blademage. The Blademage has seen him!”

“He is trying to crawl away, no! No, now he is turning and he has thrown one of his blades! But the visitor from OF ducks and closes fast!”

<Bub winces> “Ohh, there goes the Blademage Bob! Nastily gutted by the gutter slime that is the Elf from OF! A nasty end for the brave Blademage who was down and practically defenseless, at the hands of a dirty foreigner!”

“That’s the way the skeleton crumbles Bub! Now, what is Rufus doing?”

“He is not looking well Bob, that needle must have been coated with something unpleasant for sure!”

“…and now here comes Mal-Fait, heading into the rocks to take care of his last opponent! He certainly seems to be having a lucky streak today!”

“Yes, I am sure there is a saying about scummy dogs getting all the luck Bob! Rufus is trying to climb up onto a rock, maybe to get a better view of the surroundings, but he is struggling.”

“Here is Mal-Fait, he has entered the area himself, carefully, he knows that the Mage is a dangerous opponent, but I guess he doesn’t know he is not at his best. There may be hope for the mage if only he can fight off the affects of the poison before Mal-Fait gets to him!”

“Oh no! No chance of that Bob! Mal-Frog has seen our brave hero from IF staggering around. He is pausing though; maybe he thinks it is some sort of trap.”

“He is looking around and… Oh he is going in! Rufus has seen him and appears to be trying to cast a spell, but the poison is confusing him. There is a lightning bolt, but it misses! It has hit a rock next to the dark Elf and showered him with shrapnel.”

“But it isn’t enough to stop him! He has closed and ooooh!” <Quick shot of Bub covering his hand with his eyes in the studio> “That was so uncalled for!”

“I agree Bub! There is simply no call for that sort of painful mutilation of an enemy in civilized society. Some things they do over there in OF are just plain sick!”

“Finally though, Mal-F**k has raises his sword and down it comes! Rufus has finally been put out of his misery, and the winner of the first ever Arena of Death is the tourist from OF!”

<Crowd boos>

“Yes, there won’t be much celebration here tonight Bub!”

<Cuts back to the studio. Bub turns to Whisper>

“So Whisper, your comments and thoughts on that match?”

“Oh Bub! Bub!”

“What is it Whisper?”

<Whisper leans over and whispers something to Bub>

“WHAT? You sure?”

“Yes Bub! I am with child!”

<Bub falls backwards off his seat and the camera cuts back to Bob>

“Well its congratulations all round today!” <puts his hand to his ear> “…and I have just heard that the Mayor himself is going to present the award to Mal-Fait. Let’s go over now to watch!”

<Camera cuts to the Mayor, dressed in his Mayoral robes in which various bottles of alcohol can be seen stuffed in the pockets. The Mayor takes a trophy and an envelope from two scantily clad maidens on either side of him and turns to the bloodied Mal-Fait. Camera zooms in on the mayor as he hands the Trophy to Mal-Fait and begins his speech :>

“As the Mayor of this illustrious city, let me thank all of the competitors, living and dead, for their efforts in this great competition. Now, we have in our midst a surprising winner - a competitor from our sister city with which we have an always-friendly rivalry, the City of OF.

Now I know there are some among you who might be a bit, put out, shall we say, by the fact that our City's greatest tournament was just won by what some call a "@#$%% nasty stinking foreigner.” But let's put all that behind us and be good hosts. We don't really know why he won. Maybe the other competitors all ignored him because they know that everyone from the City of OF is a wimp. Who knows?

The important thing is that Le Chevaliey Mal-Fait won fair and square. I'm hereby bestowing on him an official City of IF honor, as promised. I'm also granting him a special award of 200 fables in cash. Now ordinarily, if I were to give a large cash award like this, I would suggest that the recipient acquire some security to protect him from thieves and muggers and the like, which as we all know infest even the greatest of cities. However, in this case I'm sure that as Mal-Fait has just bested the greatest warriors in the City of IF, he would have no problem defending his 200 fables in cash against anyone who might be interested in a little extra money to have a good time this weekend.

Besides, the first priority of the City of IF security is to defend City of IF citizens. No, I think it's pretty clear that Le Chevaliey Mal-Fait will be all alone with the 200 fables which I am now putting in his pocket, but I'm sure that the citizens of IF will treat him well, or, if not, that he will be well able to defend himself. After all, we've got nothing to prove, do we, despite the fact that this upstart just beat our best heroes? We're bigger than that.

Congratulations, Mal-Fait, and good luck in your future life, however long that may be.”

<Key backs away and, encircling the two maiden’s waists, staggers off back to the mayoral box. Mal-Fait raises his trophy and shakes it at the crowd, who boo. He glares around, then, putting his money in his pouch, takes a sword out and marches off towards the Arena exit… Camera pans back to the studio, where Bob, Bub and Whisper and sat once again.>

“Well Bub, so ends the first every ARENA OF DEATH!”

“That’s right Bob! It has been a roller coaster ride of highs and lows that’s for sure!”

“Indeed it has Bub, and before we go let’s just pause a moment to remember the fallen, who gave the ultimate sacrifice so that we could have a bit of entertainment for a few minutes.”

“Let’s not forget Chinaren Bob, for bringing us such a great show!”

“Indeed Bub, a selfless act by a selfless man. The least we could do to say thank-you is vote for him in the upcoming polls in Storygame of the Month, in the City Auditorium, his StoryGame of Good v Evil v money is long overdue for a win!”

“Sure thing Bob, and let’s not forget his new Story of a Picture, or SoaP competition in Experimental either, plus all the other stories which can be found in his sig!”

“So then, this is Bob, Bub and Whisper saying thank-you for watching, don’t forget to keep an eye out for Arena of Death 2 – Blood Party! Coming soon.”

“From us all – Goodbye for now, see you again soon!”

<Camera pans out as they all shake hands and hug, then cuts to various scenes of the Arena and then to a shot of Mal-Fait, outside the Arena, surrounded by angry citizens, wielding his sword trying to get through the crowd… It draws back into the sky, higher and higher until the Arena, then the city is lost in the clouds….

Fade to black.>

Last edited by Chinaren on Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Shady Stoat
Elder

Topics: 76

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boooo! Hssss!

I mean... well done Mal-Fait. Jolly well played, old sport! Wink

No, seriously, I don't mind who won the tournament. For me, the real stars were Bob and Bub. Well written, China! Cool
Smee
Revered IFian

Topics: 166

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent stuff. Very Happy

Quote:
For me, the real stars were Bob and Bub

Indeed they were.

Well done Chinaren.

Only a shame my character Rufus came second. Nevermind. Smile

Happy Writing. Smile
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Topics: 41

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wooness - victory

just a few things though

Quote:
“Meanwhile Mal-Fait is dragging himself towards the bridge and the chest. I guess with his knees out of operation he is trying to get as many orbs as possible.”

“But Mal-Fart has seen him! He has decided to ignore Rufus for a moment and dispatch the Blademage. The Blademage has seen him!”

i think the first mal-fait was meant to be the blade mage as it was he who got kneecapped.

Quote:
“I agree Bub! There is simply no call for that sort of painful mutilation of an enemy in civilized society. Some things they do over there in IF are just plain sick!”

surely thats meant to be the city of OF?

and once again - wooness. killing someone from behind is always much more fun

A Fronte Praecipitium a Tergo Lupi
Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Lordy, fixed!

And congratulations! Very Happy
Ingrothechundyer

Items

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice ending.
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ingro.

I forgot to mention, Key actually wrote his speech, so credit to our beloved mayor for that part please!

I think Key should do something in humor!
Sorrow_A unlogged

Items

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaaaww, a nice happy ending for everyone!

Isn't this your first completed storygame? Congratulations.

Quick question. Are Bob, Bub and Whisper going to be in Arena 2, or are you going to have a new batch of cannon fodder--er, hosts?
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Topics: 41

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

keep them, keep them

jim and bob are mine though

A Fronte Praecipitium a Tergo Lupi
Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Isn't this your first completed storygame? Congratulations.

Well so it is!! Woo! (Take a swig of beer to celebrate) Cheers

For Bob/Bub, I don't know yet. I am torn. They are good characters I think, with a bit of history now, but new ones, or maybe just one, would give me some new stuff to work with.

(ponders as he rushes off to the W.C, as they like to call it here).
Hyperion

Items

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Bloody hell. I hate losing Mirror Images. I'll be drained for DAYS!" *fades*
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> The Vault All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: