Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
Chapter 19: The Abyss

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> Stasis Hall - Completed or archived Storygames -> The Wheel - The White Queen
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Key
King

Topics: 207

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 9:21 am    Post subject: Chapter 19: The Abyss Reply with quote

What has gone before (click for a complete summary of the story):

Betrayed and nearly killed in the defense of your sacred mountain, you, Masakati, the Queen of the Scorpion People, have come to the Coils of the Serpent, a place between the worlds of life and death. The goddess Venus, who first took the form of a young boy, then became a Serpent, told you that he and others were working to free the World Serpent from its bonds to bring about the end of your world, the Wheel. Venus and the Serpents invited you to join them and take revenge on those who betrayed you, instead of returning to your body above.

Last decision: Join Venus and the Serpents, but ask them to save your people if they can.

Your mind tells you that the Serpents are mad to seek the destruction of the Wheel, the death of millions. But your heart yearns to be free of the Empire's oppression. Like an iron chain it has weighed on you all your life - as you saw grandmother and father killed, their murderers unpunished, as you watched starvation, war, and helplessness take their toll on your tribe, as you struggled to keep their hopes up, as they looked to you to save them. All your life you've been pushing uselessly against the bars of your cell. Now you've finally failed - betrayed by those you were trying to free. How can you go back?

The Serpents wait for your answer. The abyss of revenge beckons. Only a single thread keeps you from it. "What about my people? Isn't there some way to save them when the World Serpent rises?"

Venus smiles a snakelike smile. "When the Serpent rises, the universe will be transformed. Mountains will fall, oceans will overflow, and the Empire will be destroyed forever. Nowhere on the Wheel will be safe from the cataclysm.

"But that doesn't mean that everyone will die. Before our Mother was wounded and the Wheel formed, Her children lived on Her body and drew nourishment from Her. And so will it be when She is free again. Your people, alone among the Makerites, have honored our Mother. So those who survive the Rising will live to honor Her again. They will be saved."

The thread is released. The serpents without heads wait, silent and horrible.

You turn to Venus and say, "What do you want me to do?"

-----

Thanks to everyone for posting and voting over the 19 chapters of the White Queen. I'm putting this story on hiatus for now, as this is a good stopping point. I expect to start up a new story set in the Wheel sometime in the next few weeks or months, and will put up a place where people can post suggestions or comments about that.

Anyone is free to post comments or thoughts on the White Queen storyline here, but there will be no new chapters anytime soon.

Thanks,

Mark Keavney
Interfable Webmaster

Last edited by Key on Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Araex

Items

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'd just like to say that i've enjoyed all 19 chapters of the white queen, and it has been fun playing them.

3 cheers for Mark!
Creepblade

Items

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, that was awsome. Congradulations, Mark.
Bartucthebloody

Items

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Smile :o Shocked 8) Laughing :twisted: :wink: Roll Roll Idea Neutral :mrgreen: cooooool
kenshin himura
Citizen

Topics: 1

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that you outdid your self on this story and
you should keep on adding on to it and you also
should have diffrent ideas for other storys.
mattyhatty90

Items

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heya your story is a ok ;-)
mattyhatty90

Items

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so how do i add, my stories ( though a bit mad lol )
mattyhatty90

Items

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm im gonna do my own story, now i no how
Key
King

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 7:39 am    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for the kind words. It means a lot to me that other people like the stories and are enjoying playing them.

Mattyhatty, if you want to tell a story, let me know by PM or by email (keavney@interfable.net).

Thanks,
Mark
Goth_Tiger

Items

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi
mattyhatty90

Items

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heya again people
Rodrigo - BR

Items

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 6:22 pm    Post subject: Hiatus Reply with quote

Keavney,
Please don´t forget that there are already two other histories of thw well on hiatus.. I´m waiting for the final conclusion...
I´ve been your player since the first history about the well and I only play this history..
I believe that you´re going to make one history of a human birth in each race of thw well, and after joining them. Am I right?
Please, restart soon the histories about the well..
Key
King

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Hiatus Reply with quote

Rodrigo - BR wrote:
Keavney,
Please don´t forget that there are already two other histories of thw well on hiatus.. I´m waiting for the final conclusion...
I´ve been your player since the first history about the well and I only play this history..
I believe that you´re going to make one history of a human birth in each race of thw well, and after joining them. Am I right?
Please, restart soon the histories about the well..

Thanks, Rodrigo!

You're right, there will be 12 humans born to the 12 Kingdoms of the Wheel. And they will start to meet up with each other as they take sides in the coming war. Deica, Karzai, Masakati and "the Ram" will be the first four to have their stories told.

I hope to have the first chapter of the Ram up this weekend.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> The Wheel - The White Queen All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: