Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
Virtual Chapter 20: A New Dawn (Final Chapter)

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> Stasis Hall - Completed or archived Storygames -> Virtual - COMPLETE
View previous topic :: View next topic  

sparta12
Honored Citizen

Topics: 28

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 10:57 pm    Post subject: Virtual Chapter 20: A New Dawn (Final Chapter) Reply with quote

Virtual Chapter 20: A New Dawn

The naval fleets went for a long ride back to Earth and they engaged hyperspace drives once or twice but they mainly focused on a set course by the autopilot to follow but with only one or two hyperspace checkpoints on it's route back. They came across nebula's planets that had been attacked and, ravaged by the Boragnians but had been fought back by the humans along with their allies and were now being restored. Not one Boragnian was alive in the entire universe and for the first time in decades there was peace.
On the route back to Earth the navy had encountered other ships that were filled with Armed Forces that were being brought back to Earth and were most likely being Honorably Discharged. They boarded the cruisers, corvettes etcetera and, they had conversations with their comrades about how they were so excited about going home and what they were going to be doing when they got back or who would be waiting for them when they get off the ship. Jack however didn't speak about who was waiting for him when they got off the ship and go discharged for all he could want was right at his side with him.

The Phoenix Squadron on board the U.S.S. Freedom of the FEN were all gathered at the bar in the recreation room for a final round of drinks for they all knew that once they were off the ship and discharged. They only time these people would eve see each other again would be through coincidence or gathering at a comrade's funeral or IF they chose to march in a memorial service. After they stepped out of the ship and onto the Earth's smooth surface they would have nothing to do with the military. They would tell their stories to their children and maybe their grandchildren but that was it. At the end of their meeting Jack stood up with a glass of bourbon in his right hand and said
"Good luck for the future everyone... Semper Fidelis.' and everyone responded to his short toast saying in unison Semper Fidelis.

As for the casualties that had been sustained during the battle for the Boragnian Homeworld. They would be shipped to a specific area of Washington D.C. where they would be buried all at once with military honors. Vowels and Barrells however were also buried in Washington but at the request of their squadron leader of the Flying Phoenix's 259th Squadron.

When the ships came in view of Earth they all stopped to get landing permission from Earth landing strips from all over the world. Russia, France, America, Australia, England the list was almost endless.
When Jack caught site of Earth he pulled Anne over to the screen on the observation deck and held her in his arms gently. They both held each other, staring at the view as the ship approached Earth. As the Earth grew larger they both shed a tear in silence at the fact that they were now home after all those years of living on a ship and fighting. The two officers stood their for hours and didn't stop holding each other. They watched as the ships burnt through the atmosphere unscathed and they watched as they flew over the cities. The once gigantic skyscrapers that made up the cities were now small more still standing and being used but even now they were being repaired. Highways were being built as were residential zones and the servicemen and women saw things they rarely ever saw in that age. There were forests and grassy hills that went for miles. Areas that had been filled with modern technology, roads or small skyscrapers.
Finally the U.S.S. Freedom reached its destination. New York City, Manhattan. It was one of the few cities the men and women on board the ships saw that was still filled with admirable buildings that reached into the sky. It was still an urban citadel.
The U.S.S. Freedom and a few frigates landed at a bay to find thousands of people cheering for them. Men and women but the majority was filled with children. They had been expecting millions of people to be waiting for their arrival but due to the Boragnian raid that occured 30 years ago there wasn't much of mankind left. It was just few thousands in each state of each country but those thounds were the ones that were going to keep mankind alive. People were throwing streamers, cheering at them and as the military personnel marched to the nearest base a few women snuck past the small security force to give them a hug or to kiss them. Captain Art and 2nd Lieutenant Anne Jackson were the last two to leave the cruiser and to step onto Earth for they were still on the observation deck. When they saw the last few personnel walk onto the Earth Jack whispered something gently into Anne's ear.
"We're Home."

And that is the end of Virtual. I thank you all for reading my story for the past year once again. I know this chapter was short but this chapter was basically to give the story the proper ending that it deserved and I hope that you all appreciated the ending as much as I did.
This is the first long-term story that I have actually finished on the site and in my entire life and I have to say this is a very proud moment for me.
Again. Thank you all for reading Virtual.
Smee
Revered IFian

Topics: 166

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clapping Cheers

Congratulations Sparta - an achievement to be proud of - a completed Storygame Very Happy

Enjoy some bragging rights for a while, and then 1000F will be winging its way to you.

Well done Very Happy
sparta12
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Smee for that comment and for reading Virtual this past year.

TO VIRTUAL: Cheers
ethereal_fauna
Perpetually Distracted

Topics: 58

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thumbs Up Excellent closure! The heroes return home, the girl gets her guy Cool and humanity is safe for now. Glad to see you join the Hall of Legends.
OmegaTerra
Citizen

Topics: 2

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Cheers Cheers

And the story goes The Orc and The Not so Fat Fat Fairy

The Orc says....
The Twisty Stoat says....
sparta12
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks OmegaTerra.

Also I'd like to add. I am now editing Virtual (in an attempt to publish it) and I just copied and pasted the chapters together while fixing the spelling errors. This story reaches to 88 Pages!
Smee
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow - that's pretty long Smile
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Topics: 339

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done Sparta! I only ever dipped in and out, but the completions of a 'Big one' is something that is quite an achievment!

Don't forget to collect your 1,000Fables from the Govt!! Wink

Cheers
Smee
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one ever forgets with a Chinny-reminder Wink
sparta12
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, nice one Smee and China.
Lordy
Citizen

Topics: 0

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You finished - Damn - I was nearly caught up in reading it.

*sulks*
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL! I guess you are caught up now then! Wink
sparta12
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I caught lordofthenight in this forum earlier today and I was thinking about why he was in here. I never knew he read Virtual.
Well now I do Very Happy
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smee wrote:
No one ever forgets with a Chinny-reminder Wink

I figure the more Fables people have, the more likely they are to buy something from my outlets with them. Very Happy
Lordy
Citizen

Topics: 0

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You sure you doin't want to put one more chapter up? Just so I can comment?
sparta12
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Positive Very Happy
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> Virtual - COMPLETE All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: