School
Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]

City of IF -> Open Forum Archives

#1: School Author: Black HawkLocation: On board my ship/ At the Inn PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:35 pm
    —
I'm finally back in school and is anyone else?
if you are then please post something since we can't talk to each other through the computers.

#2:  Author: The White Blacksmith PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:13 pm
    —
I don't go back till the 10th Tung Smart

I'm going into Y11, though, so am already a bit worried about the reported tons of work I'll get.

Am also planning to sit every GCSE in the school - even the ones I don't study - and trying to see how good I can get.

#3:  Author: DeadManWalking PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:10 pm
    —
Wait. You go back to school on a Thursday? That makes little to no sense.

Also, I'm kinda jealous. I go back on that Eighth.

#4:  Author: Crunchyfrog PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:51 pm
    —
My kids don't go back to school until the 7th...

#5:  Author: DeadManWalking PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:35 pm
    —
O.o Your kids start school on Labor Day?

Isn't that against some rule or something?

#6:  Author: Crunchyfrog PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:09 pm
    —
Not if you live outside the USA.

Roll

#7:  Author: The White Blacksmith PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:02 am
    —
The Thursday thing makes no sense at all, I completely agree. But hey! I go to a grammar school, so it doesn't have to make sense!

The girls have to wear kilts. Crying or Very sad

#8:  Author: DeadManWalking PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:54 pm
    —
Whoops. My bad, forgot about that.

Also, kilts? o.O

#9:  Author: solus.serpenLocation: UK PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:07 am
    —
Kilts, really?
~ I also go to a grammer school but the dresscode isn't very strict. Plus I'm entering sixth form now so I get to wear 'smart casual'!! Very Happy
I start on the 3rd btw - so also a thursday. The rest of the school starts on Friday though, which seems to make even less sense until you take into account that the first day is spent giving out timetables and getting used to the new year etc.

Don't you go to a private school Whitey?
& how many are you officially supposed to take GCSE wise?

~solus Smile

#10:  Author: Novelest_NinjagirlLocation: The inn. Probably. Come check! PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:45 am
    —
I started on the tenth of Augest. I live in a desert (ugh), so we start school early. Taht way, once the end of the school comes roung, it's nearly a month sooner then the rest of yous, and that's a month of extreme Air condition the school saves.

Bleh to heat, I say, Bleh!

#11:  Author: The White Blacksmith PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:10 am
    —
My school is a private school - it's just also a grammar school. Meaning we learn Latin. The uniform isn't actually that bad - just the kilts, and the colour of the sports kit (bright yellow/orange and navy).
Also, I've worked out why we go back on the thursday. Monday is a teacher day, tuesday and wednesday are induction days (for newbies and Sixth-formers).

#12:  Author: TravellerLocation: Whitby, Ontario PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:33 am
    —
I'm not really go back to school...I finished that up...er...lets say a 'number' of years ago (and that number is larger than alot of your ages, I think) but I have recently started an online creative writing course, so I guess that counts. So far I haven't been that impressed with it (its focus is more on Self-Publishing than the writing itself, and I am not tottally sure the instructor really has all that much experience but I will chalk that up to 'Buyer Beware' and persevere). But it is getting me thinking about writing again and there are a few more programs I have found that are a little more suited to my goals...T.

#13:  Author: solus.serpenLocation: UK PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:57 pm
    —
Yay for Latin!
My school starting on thursday just doesn't make sense because the thursday was the induction for newbies and sixthform, so even if there was a teachers day then it would still be starting at a wierd time.
~Solus Smile

#14:  Author: snow tigerLocation: u wish PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:04 am
    —
The most horrible word in any language. School. Is it me or was this summer really really short?
My school started 24th of August and as if that wasn't bad enough both my parents were out the country because of my Uncle's 25 years anniversary and me and my sister forgot the ATM card number.
But on the other hand the person we were staying with let us eat as much smores as we wanted and sleep as late as we wanted.

#15:  Author: DeadManWalking PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:44 pm
    —
My school starts tomorrow. T.T

City of IF -> Open Forum Archives

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 8 Hours

Page 1 of 1