New Chat! Update: Fixed!
Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]

City of IF -> Open Forum Archives

#1: New Chat! Update: Fixed! Author: KeyLocation: The Royal Palace PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:01 pm
    —
In response to some technical problems with the Inn (i.e. having to refresh sometimes to get the latest messages) since the site upgrade, I recently upgraded the Inn. It now has some new features, such as file upload, paintings, new smilies, and a different look and feel.

Let me know if this solves the bugs, and also what you think of the new features - the skin/images can be changed, and other modifications can be made...

Smile

Last edited by Key on Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:09 am; edited 2 times in total

#2:  Author: ChinarenLocation: https://www.NeilHartleyBooks.com PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:28 pm
    —
Much gooderer.

#3:  Author: Vishal MuralidharanLocation: City Of IF! PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:27 pm
    —
I LOVE IT!!!!

Definitely Much better!

EDIT: There seems to be a problem there. I can see only the first chat message, and the rest are invisible from !me! only. Other users can see my second message, and my third ones, but I can't.

Both Angeal Pureheart and Pope also have the same problem.

Fix it please. Smile

Last edited by Vishal Muralidharan on Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:41 am; edited 1 time in total

#4:  Author: AmichanLocation: RL:Roseboro, NC./ IF: Retuning from a long journey in the land of OFF PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:56 pm
    —
So the new inn that Ingro and I combed over has gone live ?

#5:  Author: SmeeLocation: UK PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:20 am
    —
Quote:
Fix it [please]. Smile

Just fixed a little typo there. Wink

It's looking good, Key. Hard to play with it much at work, but first glance seems fine.

I do see the refresh bug that the others mention though. Not sure what might be causing it.

#6:  Author: Vishal MuralidharanLocation: City Of IF! PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:42 am
    —
Smee wrote:
Quote:
Fix it [please]. Smile

Just fixed a little typo there. Wink

Eh?! I don't know what you're talking about. Whistle

#7:  Author: ThunderbirdLocation: Rising from the ashes PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:25 am
    —
Parts of the skin seem off center (the city logo is halfway set behind the logged on member list) but all in all, the inn operates extremely smooth and I'm sure will make for a very nice adjustment for the city.

#8:  Author: Crunchyfrog PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:05 am
    —
I've had some time to look at it now, and it is much better.

I am also experiencing certain things overlapping (screenshot PM'd).

My main reservation is about the background colour. Fewer font colours suit it than before, and it is a pain on the eyes.

Would it be possible to change it to silver as we had before, to blend in with the message board colours?

#9:  Author: Vikas Muralidharan PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:45 am
    —
The scroll doesnt seem to be working....

#10:  Author: Crunchyfrog PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:05 pm
    —
Vishal Muralidharan wrote:
I LOVE IT!!!!

Definitely Much better!

EDIT: There seems to be a problem there. I can see only the first chat message, and the rest are invisible from !me! only. Other users can see my second message, and my third ones, but I can't.

Fix it please. Smile

I experienced that today, too. I could only see my first chat message, but not the rest, although other users could. If I refreshed manually though, those messages appeared.

#11:  Author: Vishal MuralidharanLocation: City Of IF! PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:39 am
    —
Crunchyfrog wrote:
Vishal Muralidharan wrote:
I LOVE IT!!!!

Definitely Much better!

Fix it please. Smile

I experienced that today, too. I could only see my first chat message, but not the rest, although other users could. If I refreshed manually though, those messages appeared.

Yes, we noticed the refreshing part too. It just seemed to get on our nerves after we had to refresh every 5 seconds or something. That's the problem there.

#12:  Author: ShillelaghLocation: Kansas PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:53 pm
    —
Crunchyfrog wrote:

I too, am getting that. I'm not sure if it's an IE thing, or a chat thing.

Edit: I'm getting the error to appear in both IE and Chrome, so I would imagine that it's not a browser issue.

Last edited by Shillelagh on Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

#13:  Author: ThunderbirdLocation: Rising from the ashes PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:54 pm
    —
Oh, yeah, we're having trouble with that...

#14:  Author: KeyLocation: The Royal Palace PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:28 am
    —
OK, sorry it took me so long to find the problem, but the issue with posts not showing up should be fixed now. Take a spin...

#15:  Author: Crunchyfrog PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:18 am
    —
lol Pope certainly did! Very Happy

Yup, it looks like it's working now. Also the overlapping problem appears to be fixed too, at least for me.

Thanks, Key! Smile

#16: Yay! Author: PopeAlessandrosXVIIILocation: Surrounded by many beautiful naked men PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:10 pm
    —
Yaya! I could see all my spins!!! Froggy-sama's right, it's workin now!

#17:  Author: BookwizardLocation: Gallifrey PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:21 pm
    —
Spectacular! I did quite an impressive happy dance when I discovered all the wonders of the new Inn! drunk

#18:  Author: LordoftheNightLocation: Hell PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:39 pm
    —
I'm having some trouble with the Inn - while I can type and read fine (most of the time), I can't get any sound from it at all, so I have no-way to know when someone's posted.

#19:  Author: KeyLocation: The Royal Palace PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:48 pm
    —
LordoftheNight wrote:
I'm having some trouble with the Inn - while I can type and read fine (most of the time), I can't get any sound from it at all, so I have no-way to know when someone's posted.

Could you be missing the volume icon? It's pretty subtle - at the top, just to the right of the history link.

#20:  Author: LordoftheNightLocation: Hell PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:18 am
    —
I've tried clicking that, it doesn't seem to make a difference though.

City of IF -> Open Forum Archives

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 8 Hours

Page 1 of 1