Greed! General chat thread.
Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next  :| |:
City of IF -> Good vs Evil vs money!

#201:  Author: LordoftheNightLocation: Hell PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:15 am
    —
woo - good story. complete with me in it. i think - occasionlly its true - that being a paladin he should charge in and fight the drow.

and are these drow - as in dungeons and dragons drow?

or different - which would explain their being on the surface

#202:  Author: ChinarenLocation: https://www.NeilHartleyBooks.com PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:04 am
    —
They are drow, but they have a special sun-screen supplied by Phang. Ahem. Very Happy

#203:  Author: Ingrothechundyer PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:05 am
    —
Being sneaky sounds like the best option to me. Can Hyperion help us if it comes down to a fight?

#204:  Author: ChinarenLocation: https://www.NeilHartleyBooks.com PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:10 am
    —
Ingrothechundyer wrote:
Being sneaky sounds like the best option to me. Can Hyperion help us if it comes down to a fight?

He'll likely be fighting the hardest!!

#205:  Author: Sorrow_A PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:21 am
    —
Drow are allowed on the surface world, but their weapons and armor are made by the only forgeable ore in the Underdark -- adamantine, which disintegrates on contact with sunlight. Of course, having just overrun an entire fortress of elves, gnomes, and humans, this wouldn't be a problem, they could just loot the Elven chainmail, which is just as good (and green).

#206:  Author: Muaddib PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:49 am
    —
Finally the diapers are here!

I read the second villain part before reading your warning, but it didn't turn out so bad.

#207:  Author: LordoftheNightLocation: Hell PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:50 am
    —
i was actually thinking of the light that burns their eyes

#208:  Author: Solomon BirchLocation: England..... but Japan beckons..... PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:03 am
    —
That was an interesting chapter.... lot's to take in....

Give me a moment... *composes warped brain*

That's better. I think they should wait and see if Duke Reg can talk his way out, but seeing as he is not dissimilar to a troll, a doubt it. Then they should charge in, hopefully preventing the horrible pointy death of Reg and killing smelly Drow at the same time.

Smelly Drow.... *wishes he was a Drow* Sob....

#209:  Author: Suneila PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:23 am
    —
chinaren wrote:
Muaddib, don’t read this part!

Oh, sure, warn Muaddib and not me.

It was okay, though. Not as bad as the last one *shudders at the rememberance*

~sunny

#210:  Author: SmeeLocation: UK PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:56 pm
    —
I believe this bit was for you Sunny. Wink

Quote:
Warning: Contains suggestions of lewd behaviour

Great chapter Chinaren. Smile

Sorrow's character deepens. Is he a true neutral? Or is he instead leading Phang to the once place she can be defeated?

Homer should leave Hyperion to it. Hopefully he is smart enough to talk his way out.

I look forward to the next chapter.

Happy Writing.Smile

#211:  Author: Suneila PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:29 pm
    —
Smee wrote:
Sorrow's character deepens. Is he a true neutral? Or is he instead leading Phang to the once place she can be defeated?

Or is he leading Homer and the merry men to their deaths?

I think they should let Hyperion handle it, but if things escalate (i.e. if his disguise is discovered) Homer should step in like Key said.

~sunny

#212:  Author: ChinarenLocation: https://www.NeilHartleyBooks.com PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:06 pm
    —
Okay, time to put the poll up methinks.

#213:  Author: Ingrothechundyer PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:18 pm
    —
Wait to see and help if needed.

#214:  Author: Sorrow_A PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:43 pm
    —
Whoa . . . this is weird. Generally my D&D characters are Neutral Evil -- for non-D&D fanatics, this means that they'll work in a group, and help out . . . if it promotes their best interests. From what I see, Sorrow is working in EH's group . . .and helping out a bit . . . but from what I see, he's only doing it to get rid of this awful curse that Phang brought him into this world with, and become more powerful.

Chinaren's reading my mind . . . Surprised

Also, while the title of the story is Good vs Evil vs Money, I don't see much money being involved in here. P'raps EH could pay off the drow?

#215:  Author: Sorrow_A PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:54 pm
    —
Oh, I almost forgot. We still have Key the Walking Chamber Pot of Holiness. That could be a definite plot twist, though I think that LOTN is looking out for that, now.

#216:  Author: ChinarenLocation: https://www.NeilHartleyBooks.com PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:01 pm
    —
Quote:
Also, while the title of the story is Good vs Evil vs Money, I don't see much money being involved in here. P'raps EH could pay off the drow?

Whilst the 'Good vs Evil' bit is fairly obvious in the story, the 'money' bit refers to the bribes and bids paid to the author over in the marketplace! Very Happy

#217:  Author: Sorrow_A PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:18 pm
    —
Well, a title could be "Demonic Influence". Oh, but now it sounds bad. Blergh.

Is it Good vs Evil vs Money because Good vs Evil is just so *uh* cliche?

#218:  Author: D-LotusLocation: Hollywood, USA PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:04 pm
    —
I voted to wait and see.

#219:  Author: Shady StoatLocation: England PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:22 pm
    —
Yep. One vote to wait and see' from me too

#220:  Author: LordoftheNightLocation: Hell PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:45 am
    —
i voted to rush straight in to help out

he's a paladin - thinking fasts not going to be on his agenda - go straight for the kill

#221:  Author: Suneila PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:20 pm
    —
'wait and see' for me too.

~sunny

#222:  Author: ChinarenLocation: https://www.NeilHartleyBooks.com PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:19 pm
    —
Mmm, seems like there is a clear favorite developing here! <Starts mulling over the next chapter>

#223:  Author: Sorrow_A PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:20 pm
    —
I was looking over IM's shoulder when that evil bastard voted to leave Hyperion to fend for himself. So not unanimous, but clear, yes. *Anticipates*

#224: Chapter 9. Tastes like chicken! Author: ChinarenLocation: https://www.NeilHartleyBooks.com PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:28 am
    —
<Moved to its own thread>

- - - - -

…Should be what?? You heard the man, he needs to make an important decision in Phang’s campaign for world domination, and mistakes are not an option. So get your conquering hats on and spill the suggestions people…

Suggestions for Homer and the like also welcome. Solomon, sorry, couldn’t fit you in this episode, but next time…

Last edited by Chinaren on Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

#225:  Author: Ingrothechundyer PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:48 am
    —
Head for the humans.

#226:  Author: Shady StoatLocation: England PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:50 am
    —
Twisted and bitter old hag. You know me so well, Chin-Chin Cool

I love the way you're fitting all this into your story. You're really earning those fables now!

Anyway, I'd say go for the humans. Elves are notoriously uninvolved when it comes to fights. It's their role in life to say 'It's not our problem' until they get overrun. Tempting as it is to go on a gnome-bash, I think they'd hole up and make it almost impossible for you to break through their defenses.

You can go through the humans fragmented kingdom by fragmented kingdom, sweeping them away like dust beneath Muaddib's wheels. And after that.. world domination of course. *much evil laughter*

Keep it coming... Very Happy

#227:  Author: ChinarenLocation: https://www.NeilHartleyBooks.com PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:22 am
    —
Thanks old Stoaty! Wink

Quote:
I love the way you're fitting all this into your story. You're really earning those fables now!

It's strange really, you would think all these random ideas and strange requests would make things harder, but everyone's submissions to enter this story actually seem to be helping my creative juices! Shocked I think because they force me to think along different 'paths'.

Anyway, I am really enjoying writing this story, and though I have a kind of long-term plot figured out, the twists are suprising me as much as anyone!

Keep it coming folks! Very Happy

#228:  Author: SmeeLocation: UK PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:23 am
    —
Excellent chapter Chinaren.

The story really is coming together now. Very Happy

Whilst going for the humans seems like a good plan, I think it's possibly the wrong move.

Attacking the humans puts our armies between the elves and the gnomes. We could be attacked on two fronts, not to mention the sqirmishes with the humans. I think this possibility would be attractive enough to tempt even the Elves from their hiding. Don't forget a possible rear attack as well from any remaining troops trapped to the south.

I therefore suggest mopping up the remains here first, and then proceeding swiftly to the elves and throwing the full force of the army against the forest whilst we are still strong. With the crushing of the elves we can then just travel east taking out the humans (demoralised by the elvish defeat) and finally the gnomes.

Happy Writing. Smile

#229:  Author: LordoftheNightLocation: Hell PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:42 am
    —
i'd say go for the gnomes first - as it doesn't mention them being particularly defensive. the elves won't come out and attack - while the humans would take to long to organise themselves

#230:  Author: Solomon BirchLocation: England..... but Japan beckons..... PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:52 am
    —
Yum, chicken....

Anyway, nice chapter! Very Happy. I think that going for the elves would be a good idea, cos beating them will show the other races that we mean buisness, and elves usually have nice shiny things lying around, so there is the chance for some rewarding looting.

Now, back to my chicken.... *munch*

#231:  Author: The Powers That BeLocation: Santa Monica, CA PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:46 pm
    —
General Powers?! What the hell...?! Geez, I check out of this story for a little while and look what happens. *Sigh* Now I have to read the whole damn thing to catch up. I hope I'm at least dignified. What's that? Deviant? Hey!

#232:  Author: The Powers That BeLocation: Santa Monica, CA PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:07 pm
    —
Ok, I'm caught up. General Powers seems appropriately dignified - thanks for that.

#233:  Author: Idea masterLocation: Sneaking Idearium into your beverages. PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 8:43 pm
    —
Aye indeed, Powers the perverted, with a litter of Maudogs on the way.
And how do you intend for Shady stoat to rise again? Did the wizard's familar take over the body of the witch? Or is this a completly different Stoat?
Personally, I think Sorrow should 'lose' me and I stumble along the path of our hero. Along the way...I inadvertenly change the course of history or something.
Or just get restored. After all, what's a party of heroes without a mage?

#234:  Author: Muaddib PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 8:57 pm
    —
We are the champions...of the world.

#235:  Author: KeyLocation: The Royal Palace PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:49 pm
    —
I agree with lordofthenight - attack the gnomes first. But in the meantime you could use some tricks to keep the humans from uniting. Like taking tribute from some kingdoms not to be attacked, or paying a bribe for one kingdom to attack another. It doesn't really matter - you're going to flatten them all anyway once you're done with the gnomes, but it will be easier if they're squabbling when that happens.

#236:  Author: D-LotusLocation: Hollywood, USA PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:24 pm
    —
Go for the Gnomes. They might cause problems later on, and elves and humans won't...well, elves won't, but humans might unite. Well, its a risk...and knowing humans, they probably won't until its too late.

#237: Poll up. Author: ChinarenLocation: https://www.NeilHartleyBooks.com PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:47 pm
    —
Okay, some mixed responses there, which makes a nice change from my recent polls!

Poll is up, I put it up for 5 days, I want to get Arena of Death done a bit more before the next ep.

#238:  Author: LordoftheNightLocation: Hell PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 11:37 am
    —
yeah - get the gnomes

and voted

#239:  Author: Solomon BirchLocation: England..... but Japan beckons..... PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 4:41 pm
    —
WOOO! Voted, and created a tie! Go me!!! Laughing

#240: I voted Author: zïa PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:35 pm
    —
guess who's winning?

City of IF -> Good vs Evil vs money!

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 8 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next  :| |:
Page 6 of 10