[/[Print]\]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next  :| |:
City of IF -> Good vs Evil vs money!

#41:  Author: Muaddib PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:43 am
    —
LOLLLLLLLLL,,,,,I better get a good ending..... Very Happy

#42:  Author: LordoftheNightLocation: Hell PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:00 am
    —
can i ask someone else to nominate me for anything?

#43:  Author: SmeeLocation: UK PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:47 am
    —
Great chapter. Very Happy

Quote:
“It seems it is your lucky day” she said, though Smee would have argued this point quite strongly.

*Argues this point quite strongly.*

Lord of the Night wrote:

erm..you could have my position Wink

Happy Writing. Smile

#44:  Author: DukeRegLocation: Australia PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:41 pm
    —
Well done again!

A few spelling errors...
chinaren wrote:

Built many centuries ago by the combined races, including the now-extinct dwarves, it had taken hundreds of years to construct and was the Great marvel of all the lands. It was to be the Capitol city in a new era of piece and co-operation between the Silver Kingdoms and hence the foremost architects and designers of all the races had combined their talents and skills to design it. The Fables+ of all the factions had funded it and engineers of every species had worked together to build it with the finest materials available. Finally, the greatest of all the mages from every land cast mighty spells and charms over it to protect it against harm and ensure it would ever be the wonder of the world.

Jnmrcs sat back and steepled his long fingers. “Now then. If she gets to the front she will be a serious threat to our forces. Her magic is the strongest we have ever encountered, and her presence will be a moral booster to those forces with moral to boost.”

#45:  Author: Idea masterLocation: Sneaking Idearium into your beverages. PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:09 pm
    —
Hmm.
Not me! Not me!
I'm bribing you elsewhere for a much different role!
I nominate my old brother Sorrow A!
(We've cloned him many times, this is the second try. The original...you don't REALLY want to know, do you?)

#46:  Author: ChinarenLocation: https://www.NeilHartleyBooks.com PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:56 pm
    —
lordofthenight wrote:

Hello LordotNight, not seen you here b4. Welcome to the party, and my thread(s) in particular! (see my sig for my other stories)

You can put yourself forward for the Ranger leader role this chapter, or you can suggest another character here or in the other thread. Of course, bribes are accepted!! Very Happy

Duke, thanks for the spellos! Corrected.

Ingrothechundyer. Your nomination noted. Mmmm, I don't have you anywhere in here yet do I? Laughing

Muaddib: I am anticipating "heavy casualties" as this story gets going! I like your little wheely thing character, so it is unlikely to meet its demise (until near the end, when there will likely be mass deaths) though if someone bribes me... Wink

I.Master: I am watching the bidding carefully. I must say, I quite like the idea of a 'toady', but I should follow my own 'greed' ruling. Of course, there will be other characters you could be a toady to, but Phang would be ideal. Mmm.

Everyone: This story is currently building up momentum, and I am introducing characters as I go. When I am in work (and get time) I am going to print out the Membership list and pick characters from that. Members of IF who post more frequently will tend to get more major characters. People who read and coment/vote on my stories will also be likely given more major roles. And of course, people who pay me will feature highly as well!! Very Happy

This storygame has been nominated for SGotM (November) by our very own wheely toy; Muaddib, so please stop by and vote for it once voting starts!! Very Happy I think this SG will work well in its own thread, and I am considering retracting my nomination acceptance for Narg, as I am quite happy with that story where it is.

Thank-you for reading, and any plot or character ideas welcome!!

#47:  Author: Muaddib PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:20 pm
    —
Quote:
Muaddib: I am anticipating "heavy casualties" as this story gets going! I like your little wheely thing character, so it is unlikely to meet its demise (until near the end, when there will likely be mass deaths) though if someone bribes me...

HAAAAAAA No way.... As much as I like your story, Im saving up my money for bigger plans.

#48:  Author: LordoftheNightLocation: Hell PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:39 pm
    —
ahh, but that was my cunning plan was to get someone else to bid for me do to my lack of money

#49:  Author: The Powers That BeLocation: Santa Monica, CA PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:51 pm
    —
Skilled in the art of woodland survival? There can be only one choice, no?

Shady Stoat

#50:  Author: Shady StoatLocation: England PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:26 am
    —
The Powers That Be wrote:
Skilled in the art of woodland survival? There can be only one choice, no?

Shady Stoat

*starts to form a mental picture...*

Hmm... Squad Leader Stoat.

Captain Stoat...

Generalissimo Stoat...

Her Excellency, Intergalactic Empress Stoat!

*blinks*

I knew I should have bid more on the 'annoying talking animal...'

#51:  Author: LordoftheNightLocation: Hell PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:50 pm
    —
what have you got against being a captain

or are you worried about being one of those who dies a horrible death?

#52:  Author: ChinarenLocation: https://www.NeilHartleyBooks.com PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:00 pm
    —
lordofthenight wrote:
... are you worried about being one of those who dies a horrible death?

A valid concern in this story, let me assure you!! Wink Very Happy

#53:  Author: Guest PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:49 pm
    —
I vote Smee.

It's now a weird name for a person such as The Powers That Be (no offense) and fits into the storyline and sounds like a name.

I wonder, what's Smee's real name? Could it be Smee? Shocked

I wonder... Cool Laughing

#54:  Author: ChinarenLocation: https://www.NeilHartleyBooks.com PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:06 pm
    —
Okay, any more nominations or names? I will put a poll up soon.

So far we have:

Dean
Shady Stoat
Lord of the Night.

Smee is already busy having his limbs crushed and eyes gouged out I am afraid Author!

#55:  Author: D-LotusLocation: Hollywood, USA PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:25 pm
    —
Great chapter! Lovin it!

#56:  Author: Shady StoatLocation: England PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:22 pm
    —
lordofthenight wrote:
what have you got against being a captain

or are you worried about being one of those who dies a horrible death?

It's not the dying in lingering agony that I mind! It's just the idea of me being in a position of responsibility! *shudder*

#57:  Author: ChinarenLocation: https://www.NeilHartleyBooks.com PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:21 am
    —
Okay, the poll for who should be the squad leader to go with Evil Homer and co. is up. Remember, this mission is to intercept the extremely evil Phang and company, so there is a chance of casualties or, even worse, capture! Shocked Shocked

Vote away. I will give it until Sunday or Monday, depending upon the number of votes and how busy I am over the weekend. Then we will see episode 3, with the likely addition of Key the Chamber Pot, with the way bidding is going over in the Market-place!

<rubs his hands in anticipation of including the chamber pot in the story>

#58:  Author: Shady StoatLocation: England PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:28 am
    —
I voted. Lord of the Night wants the job, he can have it! Very Happy

#59:  Author: KeyLocation: The Royal Palace PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:57 am
    —
I voted for Dean, to make it a three-way tie. :biggrin:

#60:  Author: SmeeLocation: UK PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:30 am
    —
I voted Dean as well. Smile

#61:  Author: LordoftheNightLocation: Hell PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:53 am
    —
yay - thankees

i voted for myself as well

#62:  Author: Idea masterLocation: Sneaking Idearium into your beverages. PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:09 am
    —
Too bad Stoat, I decided that you would do it, making it a tie once more. So nyah. Razz

#63:  Author: Ingrothechundyer PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:11 am
    —
I'll vote Dean and break this tie.

For now... Laughing

#64:  Author: Hyperion PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:20 am
    —
GRRRRRRRRRRR. WHAT WAS MY MONEY FOR? DID I FORGET TO MENTION ME? HMM? ;p I voted Dean. I feel he needs a nice, horrible, undevisable by even Phang death. Very Happy

#65:  Author: LordoftheNightLocation: Hell PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:16 am
    —
but i want it, unlike the others

#66:  Author: Ingrothechundyer PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:22 am
    —
Have you tried a bribe yet then Wink

#67:  Author: LordoftheNightLocation: Hell PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:39 am
    —
no - i want other people to bid for me

#68:  Author: D-LotusLocation: Hollywood, USA PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:28 pm
    —
I was inclined to vote for someone who didn't want the position, its more fun. I voted for Dean, and although he probably won't even see this thread...damn, I ran out of arguments. Sad

#69:  Author: LordoftheNightLocation: Hell PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 4:33 am
    —
noo, i suppose i'll have to wait, mind you i have money now - maybe i'll try to bid myself into a evil posis. instead

#70:  Author: ChinarenLocation: https://www.NeilHartleyBooks.com PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:13 am
    —
Okay, I think the voting is closed, and the whole sordid 'chamber pot' bidding escapade has now closed over in the market, so I am going to start writing the next chapter.

If inspiration comes to me this should be up anytime, the best being today the latest probably Tuesday. My work keeps getting in the way of my escapist life here. Mad <shakes fist>

#71: Done it! Chapter 3! Author: ChinarenLocation: https://www.NeilHartleyBooks.com PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:21 am
    —
<Moved to its own thread>

- - - -

Phheew!! That took a bit of doing I can tell you, what with all this Chamber pot stuff and all the rest.

Anyway, initial contact has been made, and the result is a draw, but Phang is through and heading for the Fort at Cra-yon.

What should Homer do now? Try and rush to the fort and warn them? Gather the wounded and recover? Something else?
Comments and suggestion please, and don’t forget, any character suggestions for you or others; this has a way to run yet!!!

Last edited by Chinaren on Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:34 pm; edited 3 times in total

#72:  Author: SmeeLocation: UK PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:44 am
    —
Most entertaining. Very Happy

*Hands indigestion tablets to Luvd and Mr Moochie*

After such a big meal Surprised

You have a * and a ** that are still wanting for explanation.

No ideas at the moment.

*wanders off laughing* Very Happy

#73:  Author: Hyperion PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:53 am
    —
WoE. Please delete your post so I can delete mine, please? Please? Very Happy Just for a bit. Copy-paste it if you must. Surprised Plus, I am now the butt of a joke, and I payed EXTRA! Mad

#74:  Author: Shady StoatLocation: England PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:56 am
    —
Ohgod!

I'm an oversized glove puppet!

*clasps head in paws*

Chinaren, sometimes you amaze me... Shocked

#75:  Author: Hyperion PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:58 am
    —
YE FRIGGIN' GODS. WHY DO I BOTHER. At least I'm a powerful mage. Who got beaten by a chamberpot.

#76:  Author: Ingrothechundyer PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 8:15 am
    —
Nice chapter Very Happy

#77: Re: Done it! Chapter 3! Author: The Powers That BeLocation: Santa Monica, CA PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 9:11 am
    —
chinaren wrote:
Within an hour of accepting the mission the band, sorry, merry band of intrepid heroes filed out of the rear doors of the fort. It had been decided they would loop around to avoid the besieging hordes of.

Of what?

And what happened to the chamber pot? Surely such a dignified and powerful artifact as that could not be destroyed so easily.

Anyway, gather what forces you can, EH, and head for the fort. Hopefully Phang is weakened, and you can probably catch up to her slug without having to rush.

#78:  Author: Idea masterLocation: Sneaking Idearium into your beverages. PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 9:38 am
    —
Hey, I didn't make it in!
Wah.
Oh well, we can always try again later.
And a slug that goes fast...okay.
And chamber pots deflecting spells is rather odd...

#79:  Author: LordoftheNightLocation: Hell PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:32 am
    —
WHAT? you put my brother in and not me? I'm insulted

incase you're wondering araex is my little brother

otherwise i liked it. keep it up

#80:  Author: ShogunLocation: In your nightmares, feeding on your fears. PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:43 am
    —
Wow, smee no longer has his main sexual organ.....thats just sad....

City of IF -> Good vs Evil vs money!

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 8 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next  :| |:
Page 2 of 10