Glassbreaker
Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  :| |:
City of IF -> The Archives
*gasp* A twist in fate. With Caroline missing, Dan has to decide what he should now
Follow Caroline's instructions and go to the warehouse
71%
 71%  [ 5 ]
Trace the call himself
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Leave the search for Caroline to others (that would include phone tracing, and other police activities)
28%
 28%  [ 2 ]
Look into Madam Dempsey's absence
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Follow-up on Caroline's suspicion about Mrs. Walcombe
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7
Who Voted: Chinaren, LordoftheNight, Mother Goose, Shady Stoat, Solomon Birch, The White Blacksmith

#121:  Author: Solomon BirchLocation: England..... but Japan beckons..... PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:38 am
    —
I agree wholeheartedly! Woo!

*holds breath* Shocked

#122:  Author: LordoftheNightLocation: Hell PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:03 am
    —
Voted to let others deal with the call, and go to the warehouse himself.

#123:  Author: RavenwingLocation: Virginia PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:21 pm
    —
I just realized something. Two of the choices are very similar (going to warehouse by himself) and leaving Caroline's disappearance to others. Those two actually go together. Sorry for the mix up. If you chose the latter one, don't worry.

#124:  Author: LordoftheNightLocation: Hell PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:24 pm
    —
Ah good. I was wondering what would happen if it was one of those two - as if looks like it's going to be.

Last edited by LordoftheNight on Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:37 am; edited 1 time in total

#125:  Author: RavenwingLocation: Virginia PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:32 pm
    —
Okay. It took me awhile to understand what u wrote. But I think I got the gist of it.

#126:  Author: Solomon BirchLocation: England..... but Japan beckons..... PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:41 am
    —
lordofthenight wrote:
Ah good. I was wonering what would happen if one of those two one - as if looks like they are going to do.

Haha! Yeah, what the hell lordy? There was a post in Dragonbound that was only half finished yesterday. You ok? Wink

#127:  Author: LordoftheNightLocation: Hell PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:36 am
    —
On DragonBound? My computer f*cked up yesterday while I was posting that - I had to restart the damned thing, go back and edit it.

Of course, it may be the fact that you haven't read Fronte yet, but who knows?

#128:  Author: RavenwingLocation: Virginia PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:00 pm
    —
*mutters* So much for controlling spam...

#129:  Author: Shady StoatLocation: England PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:19 pm
    —
I classify that as a comment about someone's presentation of their point, and a rebuttal of that point.

Now if they'd gone on for a dozen posts, bickering and bantering with each other, then I would have classified it as spam and pruned it...

...as I'll do for this part of the thread if it becomes a full-on debate and free-for-all Very Happy

#130:  Author: RavenwingLocation: Virginia PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:52 pm
    —
Just on edge, thats all.

Two more days of voting!
Very Happy

#131:  Author: RavenwingLocation: Virginia PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:25 pm
    —
Will start writing the next chapter ASAP now that I know the decision. With all the thunderstorms in Virginia, using the computer has been a bit of a challenge.

#132:  Author: The White Blacksmith PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:19 pm
    —
Can't wait!

*sips tea*

#133:  Author: Starwalker PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:34 am
    —
Well, Our hero can open his computer and go to the 411 web site or an one of the other phone number web sites that does the same thing and type in the phone number "571-790-9645' to get the street address.

#134:  Author: RavenwingLocation: Virginia PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:59 am
    —
We don't know exactly where this call is coming from, more or less whether it is coming from a pay phone or someone else's cell phone that the guy stole.

I will keep your suggestion in mind, Starwalker.
Very Happy

#135:  Author: RavenwingLocation: Virginia PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:27 pm
    —
Greetings everyone. I had to take a little hiatus from Glassbreaker, but it shall continue. Expect a interlude tomorrow. Very Happy

#136:  Author: Ingrothechundyer PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:18 pm
    —
Great to hear Raven Smile

#137:  Author: RavenwingLocation: Virginia PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 5:22 pm
    —
Okay, just a little interlude before Chapter 5 starts. The cursed chapter is giving me a little trouble. So I give you a look into a criminal's mind.

The flash of lightening lit up the sky revealing the huddled figure sitting under the awning of a storefront. Not far, a taller figure stood sheltered in the phone booth, cradling the receiver as they listened to the other person on the line. The girl shivered when another crack of lightening followed the rumble of thunder. The moment she picked up the hitchhiker off the highway the hours that followed had led to events she never had envisioned happening; at least it had nothing to do with a guy holding a gun to her head as she drove, or sitting in her wet clothes outside a boarded up store awaiting her fate. She rocked back and forth, clutching her knees tightly, silently praying to the Lord above for salvation from the nightmare she was in.

Rough hands jerked her to her feet. Frightened, she tried to pull her arm from the person’s grasp. Her tear-filled eyes met the black ones of her kidnapper, who only tightened his grip, and began to drag her to the curb. The scrapping sound of shoes dragging along the pavement followed her as she tried to prevent the man’s actions.

“Let me go,” she wailed, pulling at her arm again. But the man didn’t seem to be troubled by her resistance as he looked along the road for something or someone.

When it seemed she wouldn’t stop her sobbing, the man turned to her. Raising his hand, he shouted, “Shut the fuck up!”

A vehement ‘no’ was on the tip of her tongue, but when she saw the vein in his neck tighten, she bowed her head in acquiescence. She sighed with relief when she saw the vein relax. Fearful of the potential danger the girl calmed herself to quiet hiccupping, and silent prayer.

Bright headlights in the distance blinded them both momentarily. A faint hope welled in the girl, and she eagerly waved her free arm to catch the attention of the car’s driver, who was still a few meters away. “Hey! Over here!” She yelled as she stretched herself toward the oncoming vehicle.

The man pulled her back, and growled into her ear. “I thought I told you to keep quiet. Now, will you desist?”

Ignoring the warning bells ringing in her head, the girl threw caution to the wind. With adrenaline rushing through her veins, the girl pulled free her arm. As her heart beat in her ears, and her breath coming out short, she hastily ran, not caring which direction she was going. She considered any distance away where she couldn’t see him safe. She could hear heavy footfall and quiet cursing behind her.

When she heard the squealing of tires, the girl saw that the car she saw before had stopped at the curb. Hoping she could hitch a ride to the nearest town and to avoid the pelting rain, the girl turned and headed toward what she hoped would be salvation. As she slowed her pace, she didn’t notice either the shadow over her, nor the raised hand above until both shadow and hand dealt a blow to her head, and knocking her out. Her hand just barely missed the door’s handle as she hit the ground.

“Took you long enough, Alex,” a cold voice commented silkily from within the car, its window partially opened. “Why didn’t you just knock her out before?”

The man held his cap to his chest, and gave a half-bow before picking up the girl, and dumping her into the trunk of the car. “She was quiet most of the time. If you hadn’t had ‘ya damn headlights on, she wouldn’t have started her jumpin’ and yellin’,” the man grumbled as he got into the front seat. “Would have kept me from havin’ to chase after her also.” He wiped his brow with the cap.

“If didn’t have my headlights on, I wouldn’t have been able to see anything, more or less you or the girl,” the driver answered icily as they changed the gearshift into the Drive position, and moved away from the curb. “And this whole project would have to be scratched. Everything has to look normal.”

Well, thats the little interlude. To me, some of it sounds awkward, any suggestions about that would be most helpful.

Whether or not its a past or present event, it doesn't matter, and even I am not really sure. Just know that it happened or is going to happen. Cool

#138:  Author: Ingrothechundyer PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:31 am
    —
It seemed fine to me. Of course that's me, the one who has many spelling and grammer issues Wink Laughing

Thanks for getting it written and posted Very Happy

#139:  Author: RavenwingLocation: Virginia PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:16 pm
    —
Let me guess, you read my suggestions for Hacker first. *grins*

City of IF -> The Archives

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 8 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  :| |:
Page 4 of 4