After Party (come to after you read chapter and epilogue)
Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]

City of IF -> Sojourner's Journey - COMPLETE

#1: After Party (come to after you read chapter and epilogue) Author: AlegriaLocation: On the beaches with Dr. Suess' Sneeches. Only the star-bellied ones, of course. PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:56 pm
    —
Here you can discuss twists, turns, and other events in the last chapter. The main thing I want to know, though, is , was it good? and did it move you?

After that, we're going to party.

#2:  Author: solus.serpenLocation: UK PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:38 pm
    —
I felt a bit dissapointed when he had to go...and the epilogue was fine. Its just...wow, I wish it was that easy to get back to life from death in this world too!
Plus...maybe its just me...but I thought the seperate chambers were slightly pointless. While at the same time being extremely convenient. Did the crystal put them there?
Albiet the above...yes, it was good. Well written and kept me interested Wink.

Solus.

#3:  Author: dinranwen PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:36 pm
    —
I loved the end. It fit. It made sense. It was a great ending all around.

The story in general was good, although admittedly I got a little lost when tried to describe the city of Atlantis. Pictures would probably help, or at least a general map.

In the end, you created a story which did what all good stories should do, display all of human emotion, time, and experience within one simple story. If you need an example of this read Tolkien, or the Wind in The Willows.

Great Story Allegria. Hope to see more of your stories soon.

#4:  Author: AlegriaLocation: On the beaches with Dr. Suess' Sneeches. Only the star-bellied ones, of course. PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:06 pm
    —
Well, you could read Glass Friendship

Hint, hint Wink Very Happy

#5:  Author: solus.serpenLocation: UK PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:37 pm
    —
I already am*! Very Happy

Solus.

*Obviously your biggest fan Smile, lol.

#6:  Author: Geek_girl72Location: Earth, The Universe PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:25 pm
    —
I liked it, rich world, interesting characters, and a good plot. If I had to say something I'd could only say it was to short! I didn't want it to end. Cool ending though.

#7:  Author: JezSharpLocation: The middle of anywhere... PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:22 pm
    —
Well that was an interesting end - although slightly confusing at times - but very powerful. Well done on completing the sg Smile .

#8:  Author: AlegriaLocation: On the beaches with Dr. Suess' Sneeches. Only the star-bellied ones, of course. PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:07 pm
    —
Ok, now I will tell you what the story means:

It can actually mean a lot of different things, but one of them (you're on your own for the rest) is this:

One of my favorite authors once said that there comes a time in everyone's life when they have to find themeselves. I think that she is 100% correct. Sometime in your life, you will forget who you were, what your own dreams and goals are, and will lose a part of yourself that is your very soul. You may have given it up on purpose to protect yourself from society, or protect society from you, or to protect yourself from your own thoughts. Eventually in your life, you'll have to find it again, and may have to give up something important in your life, and though it is painful, you must sacrifice the things that people see when they see you. Only the lucky ones get that something back.

This story is about an entire people who have lost their own soul, who have given it up for the rest of the world's sake. They then must sacrifice their own leader to have their sould returned to them.

#9:  Author: Geek_girl72Location: Earth, The Universe PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:17 am
    —
Interesting concept. I had the feeling there was something beneath the surface of this. I think that's what made it interesting. One of my favorite authors once said that if a story doesn't have something that eludes our conciousness, it isn't worth reading. I've always thought that was very insightful.

City of IF -> Sojourner's Journey - COMPLETE

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 8 Hours

Page 1 of 1