Cast your vote for Mayor:
chinaren
68%
 68%  [ 15 ]
Idea Master
31%
 31%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 22
Who Voted: Adalia, Alegria, algu95, Amichan, Chinaren, Crossfire, Crunchyfrog, CunningFox, D-Lotus, Idea master, Lebrenth, Lilith, LordoftheNight, Masterweaver, Polokin, tramp in a storm

#1: Polls closed, chinaren wins! Author: KeyLocation: The Royal Palace PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:18 pm
    —
We are electing a Mayor of the City of IF to serve for the next six months. Vote below for one of the two candidates!

Voting will run for one week.

Smile

Update: The polls have closed: chinaren has won reelection.

Last edited by Key on Fri May 04, 2007 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

#2:  Author: Idea masterLocation: Sneaking Idearium into your beverages. PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:51 pm
    —
I have thrust my ballot of change into the wooden box of voting.

#3:  Author: ChinarenLocation: https://www.NeilHartleyBooks.com PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:14 pm
    —
To counter that blatant nepitism and obviously one sided thrust, I too, have smeared my choice onto the fresh white bread of voting.

#4:  Author: MasterweaverLocation: Look around PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:49 am
    —
To counter said counter...

This goes on forever...

#5:  Author: D-LotusLocation: Hollywood, USA PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:48 pm
    —
No, not forever. Chinaren takes the lead...by a lot. Sorry IM, but this one looks tough, unless you can pull an ace out of your sleeve.

#6:  Author: Pattern PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:52 pm
    —
Chinaren, you were wondering where the 3rd vote for IM came from? Very Happy

Well, it's not that I don't want you to be mayor, but I wanted it to be a close run, the time I voted it was 4-2 for chinaren, then I made it 4-3, but then all of a sudden the next day... 10-3... I'd love to see either of you as the mayor, just tried to even it up though, and doesn't seem to have worked...

#7:  Author: Idea masterLocation: Sneaking Idearium into your beverages. PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:58 pm
    —
Does a deuce count, D? I seem to have picked up two votes, only six more to go.

#8:  Author: CrossfireLocation: Somewhere between here and not-here, now and not-now... in the half-light, the borderlands, between. PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:39 pm
    —
*feels sorry for IM, having only five votes, and is in favor of magic* You're a great Mayor, chinaren, and my vote is hardly going to affect the outcome, considering the lack of evidence that IM will be a good Mayor or not and your good track record...

#9:  Author: D-LotusLocation: Hollywood, USA PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:16 pm
    —
Impressive, IM, but it still doesn't seem to be cutting it.

#10:  Author: KeyLocation: The Royal Palace PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 8:00 pm
    —
All right, the polls have closed, and by a vote of 15 to 7, the winner is chinaren!

Clapping Clapping

Congratulations to His Mayorness for becoming the first Mayor ever re-elected in the history of the City of IF! Chinaren will continue his Mayoral duties for the next six months, when we will have another election.

And, of course, thanks to Idea Master for his candidacy, and thanks to everyone who voted and who participated in the discussion. This is the third election we've held, and each one has been a great venue for getting thoughts, ideas, and issues out into the public square.

Smile

#11:  Author: ChinarenLocation: https://www.NeilHartleyBooks.com PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 8:03 pm
    —
Thank-you your Majestic excellence.

Thank-you for your votes everyone, I will do my best to continue to ensure IF runs smoothly and well for my second term.

I would just like to say well run to IM as well. I will likely not seek re-election after this term, as I think one year is long enough, so perhaps next time...

Last edited by Chinaren on Fri May 04, 2007 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

#12:  Author: chiacutie PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 8:03 pm
    —
poo, i missed it. I think id have voted for im, cuz im bitter Wink (jk)

#13:  Author: Crunchyfrog PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 10:39 pm
    —
Congratulations to Chinaren, and a heart felt well done and good campaigning for IM as well.

Here's to the next 6 months Very Happy

#14:  Author: CrossfireLocation: Somewhere between here and not-here, now and not-now... in the half-light, the borderlands, between. PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 12:52 am
    —
*seconds Crunchyfrog's effectively 'You rock, don't ever leave us'* Chinaren, good idea. You're a great Mayor, but you need some time to relax and Mayoring is a full-time job. Get some rest and we'll drag some senile old-timer- that is to say, venerable sage- to do your job for you. Most of the older members are out of commission anyway, and it would do the city some good to get an infusion of solid talent (a la solid gold) into it.

#15:  Author: SmeeLocation: UK PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 1:15 am
    —
Congratulations Chinaren, Very Happy

... yup I'm sure 12 months would be quite sufficient, 6 months was enough for me.

Plenty of time to get half a dozen possible candidates to appear though.

All the best with your second term Razz

#16:  Author: LilithLocation: Happily curled up in a Daemon's lap PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 4:41 pm
    —
*claps* Congratulations, Chinaren! May you run the city as well as you have before! And great campaign, Idea Master!

Very Happy

City of IF -> Election Apr 07

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 8 Hours

Page 1 of 1