Hey! You! Check out my art!
Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
City of IF -> Art Gallery

#1: Hey! You! Check out my art! Author: HakLocation: Hell's Basement PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:49 pm
    —
yeah..... seems more artists have joined IF... and I'm behind on my part of showing off ^_^=

Elemental pic: fire

Last edited by Hak on Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

#2:  Author: HakLocation: Hell's Basement PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:51 pm
    —
wow.... real big.... 1 sec

#3:  Author: Crunchyfrog PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:52 pm
    —
that's really good, Hak!

Clapping

#4:  Author: HakLocation: Hell's Basement PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:55 pm
    —
ok, pic got resized, and thanks Crunchy ^_^=

#5:  Author: ChinarenLocation: https://www.NeilHartleyBooks.com PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:57 pm
    —
Wow. Impressive Hak. Thumbs Up

#6:  Author: HakLocation: Hell's Basement PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:01 am
    —
Thankies China!

#7:  Author: Guest PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:01 am
    —
Hope to see more of your art hak. I like your realism and animestyle in the picture and the butterfly affect that looks like its fire or orange smoke, its enchanting. Thanks for making my sig purple hak!
Great or Treasured Here is a box from me and its the fabels that has been paid into your account. Sorry no real money. Smile

#8:  Author: HakLocation: Hell's Basement PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:02 pm
    —
Thanks Christal, and I hope to see more of your works as well!

#9:  Author: ScheherazadeLocation: Land of Rain and More Rain (but really southwestern BC, in Canada) PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:30 pm
    —
oooh... *sits and waits for next picture(s)*

#10:  Author: D-LotusLocation: Hollywood, USA PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:54 pm
    —
That's amazing. What is the process? How do you do that digitally?

#11:  Author: HakLocation: Hell's Basement PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:44 am
    —
*sits and waits with Schehrazade*
Well, D, I threw a gray background on the bottom layer of photoshop elements, then I drew the butterfly, then fire. Smudge and blur, burn and dodge... then I threw a blob on the drawing, highlight then darken... then did the background and hair. I changed the opacity of the background to darken it with the gray from before.

that's how I did it... all digital.

#12:  Author: D-LotusLocation: Hollywood, USA PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:30 pm
    —
I need to learn how to do that. But how does a mouse effectively substitute the pencil? Is it because the lines are ready made, and one must only expand or contract them?

#13:  Author: ChinarenLocation: https://www.NeilHartleyBooks.com PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:13 pm
    —
I can tell from that post you are highly conversant with computer graphic programs D! Wink

#14:  Author: HakLocation: Hell's Basement PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:12 am
    —
I don't use the mouse anymore.... the best I could force myself to spend the time on was this:

Done in an hour of class... (I have major ADD, so don't hurt me)

This was my first photoshop pic. done with a mouse:

so... after three or four years of beating my head on my desk using the mouse, I spend around $150 on an Intuos3 graphic tablet... to do stuff like this:

I can still use the mouse, I just choose not to... and I rarely have time to scan my sketches, cuz my pops is always playin WoW on our scanner computer.

this is the only sketch I got in recently (three and a half months ago)

This was scanned just after it:

Well..... there's a lot of pics there... I'll have more up sometime.

#15:  Author: sir waxLocation: i come from outer space, to save the human race PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:11 am
    —
Hak. I WANT YOU SO BADLY...... to do some work for me in the future. Smile

These are fantastic! I'm glad you went for the tablet, i've had friends tell me how much easier it is to flow. And i'm still trying to wrap my head around the first one and how exactly you did it in photoshop, still amazes me. I gotta get a scanner so i can try that stuff in my Adobe suite.

Keep up the great work... but don't wear yourself out. I've seen it happen. Wink

Sincerely,
SirWaxaLot

#16:  Author: Crunchyfrog PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:41 am
    —
Really good stuff there, Hak!

Clapping

#17:  Author: Guest PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:43 am
    —
Wow your better at creating line artwork than me. I've been using my 3d ability for four years now, but can't use it to fix stuff as great as you can create them in photoshop, but I do have a graphics tablet and pen, so I could try photoshop out and see how myne turns out. I also darkened the lines of my pictures so you could see it clearer. Hope to see more come out! I like that rebel you've drawn, but still love the butterfly effect. Plus I'm not as artistic as my sisters. I only draw good when I have a picture of something in front of me and then I change the picture as I like it or I draw out of my head when I have time to do so, but I don't usually tire my self out, f5 sir wax.

#18:  Author: HakLocation: Hell's Basement PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:15 am
    —
hee, thanks for the happy comments guys... I'm acctually willing to help anone get better, so if you have any questions, just ask.

Sir Wax, the way I did that first picture was as follows:
Using the mouse, you get the basic structure of the figure down in a color such as red or blue. You do the basic, bloby outline with black, then pick your color for lines (usually darker than the rest of your colors, bt it looks cool when it's lighter as well)
You slowly work on the lines, erasing the ends into a pointed curve, so it looks more "flowy"
After finishing the lineart, you color in a layer or seven under it.
Photoshop has many brushes that you'll find, I used the grass, and the leaves for the background and foreground. For grass, pick a green then as a base color, a darker version of that green. (for a warmer look, you could do shades of yellow, or green and yellow... a dark red with a light brown makes good grass for sunsets)
To make it so you could see under the leaves in front, you can change the opacity of the brush or the whole layer.

for those without photoshop, I can reccommend Oekaki, it's free and fun. I still use it from time to time. I have one picture in my gallery from doing oekaki:

pen pressure doesn't work on this though, so you have to use the old school ways to make it look proper.

#19:  Author: D-LotusLocation: Hollywood, USA PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:10 pm
    —
Amazing. Maybe someday I'll experiment with computer art...

#20:  Author: HakLocation: Hell's Basement PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:32 pm
    —
Maybe you should...

well, I just drew another pic, just to bother my friends with another message.

If you want me to draw somethig for you, I'd love to!

#21:  Author: GallantLocation: There... No, There! PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:25 am
    —
You have some incredible skills there. I love these pictures. I just had an idea! Everyone is suggesting that I do a big group photo. My camera isn't exactly perfect so if possible after I finish it. Could I send it to you to be sharpened up and maybe even coloured?

#22:  Author: HakLocation: Hell's Basement PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:05 am
    —
Sure! I'm always looking for stuff to do (other than homework) Thanks for the comment Gallant.

#23:  Author: PhangLocation: Phang's House of Mints PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:15 am
    —
Verrry nice. Some of your digital colouring is a little jarring, but your actual drawings are fantastic.

I guess I really should start up a thread for my work...

#24:  Author: Guest PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:30 pm
    —
Whay cool Hak! Your art still amazes me. I like that red hair in the pic of the rebel, makes me think of juniper lee. ^.^ Can't wait to see more

#25:  Author: HakLocation: Hell's Basement PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:05 pm
    —
My most recent.... a ten minute throw-up picture of my renewed obsession:

Ledgend of Zelda, Ocarina of Time: Hylian Loach

Plus a preview of fanart for a local writer (you know who you are.... miss evil dragon thing)

#26:  Author: Guest PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:33 am
    —
Great! I like that fish thing. The eye is done good to, but pixely.

#27:  Author: ChinarenLocation: https://www.NeilHartleyBooks.com PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:46 am
    —
I suspect the eye is blown up, hence the pixelness.

#28:  Author: HakLocation: Hell's Basement PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:48 am
    —
china's right. it's been zoomed in.... because that was all I had done.

#29:  Author: WarsorLocation: Inside your mind PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:03 am
    —
Very smexy work Hak. Keep showing off your stuff for us art fans. Ta for now!

#30:  Author: HakLocation: Hell's Basement PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 10:16 am
    —
Sorry I haven't been posting more pieces lately; it's the end of the school year.

Pencil and paper drawing ^_^=

#31:  Author: sir waxLocation: i come from outer space, to save the human race PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 10:29 am
    —
coooooooooooool!!

Sincerely,
SirWaxaLot

#32:  Author: HakLocation: Hell's Basement PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 10:53 am
    —

photoshop'd pencil sketch.

#33:  Author: ChinarenLocation: https://www.NeilHartleyBooks.com PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 3:08 pm
    —
Hey you! Where's my commission?

#34:  Author: HakLocation: Hell's Basement PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 8:11 pm
    —
Sorry China, the end of the year is in a week, and all I could get is some old sketches from work, the only reason the last one posted is colored is cuz I was at school, and I had to color it for Desktop publishing. Sorry, I promise I'll work on it really soon, both of em!

#35:  Author: HakLocation: Hell's Basement PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:16 am
    —
last pic till I get to Juneau. China, I'll be working on your commissions while I'm there. Today's the last day of school, and now for a hectic summer of working and saving up for Sakuracon.

#36:  Author: Guest PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:06 am
    —
Good picture of the face, the eye is a bit askew, but I can't talk the same happens to me sometimes when I draw. ^_^ Wow is it end of the school year already! WOW

#37:  Author: HakLocation: Hell's Basement PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:35 am
    —
I've been on tomecity postin stuff, and I'm acctually making a comic thing now.
comic
random shiz

enjoi

#38:  Author: Guest PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:11 am
    —
Heya. I sent a pic of what the hair of cuba should look like. Thanks for taaking time to draw a picture for the book. I drew cuba not to long ago, but I'll send you her rough sketch through to you, oh yea If I don't have time I'll let you know she has three darkbrown dots on her back and she is a minature lion. ^_^

Edit: I like your comic. ^_^

#39:  Author: HakLocation: Hell's Basement PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:02 pm
    —

Two recent pics

#40:  Author: Guest PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:42 pm
    —
Oo, I like the cat and purple lady, Oh post the witch if you want to! ^_^

City of IF -> Art Gallery

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 8 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
Page 1 of 2