Smee's scribblings
Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]

City of IF -> Art Gallery

#1: Smee's scribblings Author: SmeeLocation: UK PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 12:30 pm
    —
Hmmm since we have this shiny arts forum, I guess I might as well use it.

I'm not an artist, I can't draw, I can't paint. But I can fiddle about with an artpackage.

This is something I created for the Santharia website, a map of a group of islands they created :

#2:  Author: D-LotusLocation: Hollywood, USA PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 4:35 pm
    —
Don't underrate yourself, Smee. You have an excellent eye for what looks good! Smile

Welcome to the forum, hope to see more where that came from.

#3:  Author: EmperorLocation: San Diego, CA PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 7:11 pm
    —
nice work smee, much better than the handdrawn maps I used to do when Resio and I did tabletop gaming

#4:  Author: ThunderbirdLocation: Rising from the ashes PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 10:01 pm
    —
Yeah... quite good!

I like how the greyscale plays on the features. However, I'd also be interested to see - is there a colored version?

#5:  Author: SmeeLocation: UK PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 10:27 pm
    —
Nope - no colour version.

It was, importantly, trying to mimic the other maps on the site, which were in grey scale.

Plus, this was very much a learning curve, and there's something more forgiving about grey scale Smile

I have been tasked with a much larger one, but Warcrack got in the way of that project too. Perhaps I'll get back to it.

#6: I Think...... Author: PopeAlessandrosXVIIILocation: Surrounded by many beautiful naked men PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 3:01 am
    —
I really like the map! Quite lovely! The contrast and arches make me grin. I can't wait to see mores!

City of IF -> Art Gallery

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 8 Hours

Page 1 of 1