Short Story Competition- NOVEMBER 2015
Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]

City of IF -> Writers' Arena

#1: Short Story Competition- NOVEMBER 2015 Author: kkdestinyLocation: The Library of Interfable History PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:30 am
    —
November 2015 Short Story Competition

It's November, ladies and gentlemen! The air is getting crisper, the warmth of the bed is getting more enchanting, and some of us are striving to complete the incredible task of writing up 50k words over these 30 days.

But in all of that, I put up this competition and wait to see what this month inspires our wonderful member base Smile

Also, I rather liked giving members the ability to toss in readership or other prizes, so here it is again!

Prizes

- 1000 Fables
- I believe Noni has offered her readership (for 3 chapters) to whomever wins again!

RULES

1) This is a short story competition and therefore there is a word limit of 4500 words. Please keep within this limit!

2) The theme for this month is being left open for all competitiors, but there must be a clear use of birds within the story. It will not matter if the birds are alive, dead, cooked, or even undead and cooked!

3) Minor swear words are okay, but please try to keep it to a minimum.

4) There are no required prompts for this month's competition! :3

5) The closing date for entries will be the end of November 27th. After that period, it's time to vote for your favourite entry. Voting will last until Midday November 30th.

6) The competition is open to absolutly everyone. Smile

7) All entries must be posted to me via PM, so that each entry is anonymous!

#2:  Author: Novelest_NinjagirlLocation: The inn. Probably. Come check! PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:39 am
    —
Confirming that what she says is true- my readership is included in the prizes!

#3:  Author: CyberwormLocation: Spatially found, temporal lockdown. PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:08 am
    —
Just to be clear, it's 4500 words until the end of the month? What is the 50 k for? XD

#4:  Author: kkdestinyLocation: The Library of Interfable History PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:10 am
    —
50k is referencing Nanowrimo XP it has nothing to do with this particular competition.

#5:  Author: CyberwormLocation: Spatially found, temporal lockdown. PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:41 pm
    —
Phew xD Thankfully I'm not that masochistic.

#6:  Author: SeraphiLocation: Penna, having a hot cup of tea PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:03 pm
    —
Yeah, short story competition! *pumps self up* LET'S DO THIS! Razz

#7:  Author: Novelest_NinjagirlLocation: The inn. Probably. Come check! PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:56 pm
    —
Hate to see this fall by the wayside! Just posting to encourage you to start it all back up again in January! New year and all that nonsense!

#8:  Author: kkdestinyLocation: The Library of Interfable History PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:17 pm
    —
Alrighty! ^^ I'll definitely put this on the list of things to do

Razz We'll see if we cant start it up and get some good participation after everything settles.

#9:  Author: SeraphiLocation: Penna, having a hot cup of tea PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:59 am
    —
Sorry, kk, I was caught by my holiday work schedule and it refused to let go! I would love to see the competition continue in January - whether its a deadline extension for this prompt or a new prompt altogether. Or, if you're tied up, something in February. (All I know is short stories are the only way I seem to contribute an writing to If so they are nice to have, haha XD)

City of IF -> Writers' Arena

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 8 Hours

Page 1 of 1