Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
ARENA OF DEATH! Game over man! GAME OVER!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> Stasis Hall - Completed or archived Storygames -> The Vault
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Hyperion

Items

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chinaren the Deranged wrote:
A naked girl is kneeling by the couch and the shape of her head can be seen bobbing up and down under his robe.
Umm... then it says
Chinaren the Diseased wrote:
At least one of the girls was wiping her mouth.
Other than the sheer disturbingness, it is great! Very Happy
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Topics: 41

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah it was great - the corrupt mayor fitted perfectly

as well and the ending

A Fronte Praecipitium a Tergo Lupi
Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Topics: 339

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Note:*
Key actually did give the answers in the above interview.
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, cool

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Key
King

Topics: 207

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

True, but the description of the scene was purely from Chinaren's imagination. Cool
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well the discriptions were highly amusing, as were the interview responses (and the questions).

Chinaren, how long are you going to wait before ending the poll and posting the next chapter up?

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lordofthenight wrote:
well the discriptions were highly amusing, as were the interview responses (and the questions).

Chinaren, how long are you going to wait before ending the poll and posting the next chapter up?

The next stage in this (longer than I anticipated) process will begin today! Smile
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, that is good to hear. Will the fights be starting in this next one or will that be the one afterwards?

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<View of the Arena from high in the air and a fanfare of trumpets (badly played) as a voiceover speaks: “Ladies and Gentlethings! Welcome once again to the ARENA OF DEATH! Camera switches to Bob and Bub with a new presenter, a slinky white female>

“Welcome back one and all! This is Bob McBobsky here with the exciting news that the first round competitors have been chosen!! Bub?”

“That’s right Bob, the game is finally getting underway, and about time too! The first entrant is our very own visitor from the City of OF the grey Elf Le Chevaray Mal-Fatty!!”

<Cuts to a picture of the Elf on the Arena ground smiling coolly and nodding as the crowd boos.>

“That’s Le Chevaliey Mal-Fait Bub!”

“Whatever Bob, damn foreigner, let’s hope a good bit of IF steel will show him not to stick his grey nose in where it doesn’t belong!”

“Er, quite Bub. For the other entrants there was a tie, so the judge had to make a ruling. The decision is in and we have our very own Halfling entrant: Bungo Kneecapper!”

<Picture of Bungo raising his fists in salute, to the roar of the crowd>

“Finally Bob, to complete the trio we have that lucky number 13! Yes that’s right! The 13th Necromancer is the third entrant!”

<Picture of the dark hooded figure, not moving at all. The crowd ‘oooh’s>

“So there you have it good citizens. Our three competitors now have a short time to prepare themselves for the match.”

“And here with us to help analyze the moves made out on the field is none other than famous IF actress, the oh so Sexy ‘Whisper the White’, who you may have seen in the latest Episode of ‘Narg the Nasty’ playing the Ice Queen! Hello Whisper, tell us what is it like working with Narg?”

“Oh, he’s such a man Bub!” <wraps her arms around herself sexily> “We had quite a thing going off-set you know!” <giggles mischievously>

“I see! Well, I look forward to hearing more, but in the meantime who is your favorite in this match? The Elf maybe?”

“Well guys, it is a tough one. We haven’t seen any of them in action yet, so we don’t know their moves, but my pick for this round, if you must have it, is the Necromancer. He’s so cooold!” <Shivers excitedly>

<Bob turns back to the camera> “Thank-you Whisper! Okay folks, we have just received the map for the first round of the competition. In this round the three entrants will race to secure a flag. Each competitor will be teleported in at a random point around the edge. Somewhere in the field there is a red flag. Whom-so-ever gets the flag and places it on top of the brick tower in the south-east area wins the round.”

“Of course, if the other two competitors are unable to compete, either through injury, death or other incapacitation, then the one remaining wins the round.”

"...and bets are now being taken in our shop in the marketplace

“So there you go! Whilst the Arena and competitors are getting ready we will cut to commercials, but don’t touch that control! We will be back soon with the gut spilling action of round one, match one of: THE ARENA OF DEATH!”

<Leans back and shuffle papers as the camera zooms out. Behind him Bub leans over and touches Whisper’s leg: “So, how about you and me going downstairs and…>

Le Chevaliey Mal-Fait the Grey Elf vs The 13th Necromancer vs Bungo the Halfling

- - - -
Author’s note:
The three competitors have 24 hours to PM me with any strategies they may wish to adopt. If they wish to contact the other players PM me and I will pass any messages along. Only ONE PM per strategy e-mail allowed!! – Chinaren.

Last edited by Chinaren on Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it. Good writing as usual, especially with the introduction of the Ice Queen.

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lordofthenight wrote:
I like it. Good writing as usual, especially with the introduction of the Ice Queen.

Thanks!

Yes, I noticed! Now fixed! Very Happy

...and under the new FABLE rules I got 0137.08 Fables for that! Methinks the prices of things are going to go waaay up!! Inflation!!!! Shocked

Last edited by Chinaren on Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

300? wow. i thought key put a limit on but oh well *wants to become an author now*

plus i sent you my tactics blurb, happy reading

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:13 am    Post subject: Match 1 round 1!!!! Reply with quote

<Titles roll and theme song plays as various views of the Arena and the competitors flash up. Finally the music ends and we focus once again on our commentators…>

<Roar of the crowd can be heard in the background>

<Bob is speaking to Bub as the camera closes in>

“..so I said to her, not with those legs sweetheart!” <Bob and Bub both laugh. Bob turns to the camera>

“Good citizens of IF. Here we are finally ready to begin the contest. The first three competitors are in the teleport rings as we speak. Our flying eyeballs are roaming the Arena floor ready to catch the action live as it happens. The audience is ready and we are just waiting for the Mayor to open the games…”

<cuts to a picture of Key standing on a platform with a white cloth held in his outstretched hand. He seems to be having trouble standing and is being supported by a bodyguard. He speaks…>

“Brave warriors, fight hard and well. Let no mercy be show! I now announce the games… OPEN!” <Key drops the cloth and then bends over and vomits over the nearby seats, spewing on half a dozen dignitaries…>

<Picture cuts to the arena and Bob’s voice is heard>

“Here we go! The competitors are in the arena and the flying eyes are now seeking them out.”

“That’s right Bob, each entrant is ‘ported to a random location and not even the judges know where they will land.”

“And we have found the Elf! He has landed in the wooded area!”

“A suitable place for him Bob, sneaky foreign devil.” <Camera shows Mal Fait lurking cautiously in the trees, sword drawn.>

“…and there is Bungo, he has landed in the rocks to the west, he seems to have fallen down a hole! A bad start for the Halfling!”

“Where is the necromancer Bub? We haven’t seen him yet, but we can see the flag! Right in the middle of the arena next to the wooden hut!”

“We can see the necromancer now! He is near the bridge and heading for the hut. Look at him go, not a very seemly gate for a mage of doom!”

“..but effective non-the less Bub, if one of the other competitors doesn’t do something about this the match could be over before it has begun!”

“The Hobbit has seen him Bob! He has crawled out of his hole and has a clear view of the flag and the undead guy! Look look, he is loading up his sling, he’s not going to let that mage get the flag without a fight!”

“It’s a tough shot Bub! That guy isn’t staying still, look at him weave, he is nearly at the flag!”

“There’s the shot! Oh! A miss!! He missed!” <Crowd groans>

“The 13th Necromancer is at the flag and… wait! What’s this!??”

“It’s a booby trap Bob! That sneaky Chinaren (sponsor of Arena of death and producer of such storygames as Narg the Nasty) has booby trapped the Arena!!”

“Oh! That’s just plain mean. Look at that! For those of you listening on magical shells, a large spike has shot out of the ground and stuck the necromancer through the arm!”

“The other two competitors are not letting this opportunity go! Look, the Halfling is circling around and here comes the elf! Running straight for the flag and the necromancer, that sword could make a mess if he gets within range!”

“But our magic user isn’t helpless Bub! He is waving some kind of stick, maybe a wand? Yes yes it’s a wand! There are two figures appearing from the ground right in-front of the elf!” <Bob’s voice raises to a high pitched excited scream> “The necromancer has raised the dead! The Necromancer has raised the dead! Right in the middle of the arena!”

“The elf isn’t fazed though! Those guys from OF aren’t cowards, whatever you say about their toilet habits. Look at that! He has cut one down and barely slowed!”

“But the other one isn’t going to let him past, they are trading sword strokes. Meanwhile the necromancer has grabbed the flag, and he his off and running back to the fort.”

“But where is the Halfling Bob? He has sensibly stayed out of the encounter in the middle of the arena.”

“The Elf is hurt! The Elf has sustained the first combat injury of the tournament!”

“It doesn’t look fatal Bob, he is still fighting, looks like a cut to the leg. And there goes the undead! The elf has finally managed to overwhelm it!”

“But at what cost Bub? The dark mage has the flag and he is over the bridge and heading like a Necromancer out of hell to the fort!”

“The elf is in pursuit! He is faster but his wound is slowing him, and look! There is the Halfling! He is at the entrance to the fort already! How did he get there that fast?”

“The necromancer is turning! He has decided to confront the Elf. Out comes the wand again, he is summoning, summoning… No! Nothing! It must be out of charges and look at Mal-Fait grin! He has he upper hand now and he knows it!”

“So does the necromancer Bob! He has thrown the wand down and has decided to make a break for the stone fort again.”

“Oh this is going to be close! They are both near now! And Mal-Fat is close! He swings! He scores! A non-fatal wound to the necromancer, but he is hurt, and he can’t ignore the elf now! The Necromancer has brought out his knife!”

“No time for magic now Bob, it’s blade on blade action, and there is only one possible outcome to a mage and a warrior in hand to hand…”

“But here is Bungo again! Oh MY GOD! He has grabbed the flag from the mage! What a nerve! What cheek, what sheer audacity!! These Halflings are sneaky bastards all right!”

“The other two aren’t happy about it either Bob, they are fighting each other to catch up with the short guy, and look at that! It’s a three way struggle on the stairs to the roof for the flag!”

“Who would have thought it would come to this Bub? An unseemly pulling match, it degrades the whole meaning of ‘death match’!”

“I don’t know Bob, that was a nasty blow the necromancer gave the elf with his knife, those things are…”

“WAIT! Bungo has broken free! He is racing up the stairs and the other two are slowing each other down in their efforts to catch him! He’s done it! The Halfling is on the roof! He is on the roof! Bungo wins the match!

“Look at that little guy Bob! He is waving that flag about like there is no tomorrow! What a guy!”

<Camera switches back to a sweating Bob and Bub in the commentary box>

“What a close call Bob! A narrow win for Bungo Kneecapper!”

“That’s right Bub! No fatalities this match, which means the other two will go into the round 1 play-offs later on.”

“No fatalities this time! But there is plenty more to come! Don’t change that dial! Don’t speak to your friends! Stay tuned for the after-game show and match two coming soon to..”

THE ARENA OF DEATH!!!

<cuts to adverts...>
Shady Stoat
Elder

Topics: 76

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yey for the hobbit! Interesting quasi slap-fight at the end - and here was me, expecting casualties galore.

I guess I must have been reading too much 'Good vs. Evil' Wink

Exciting first chapter... now who's next, I wonder Shocked
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooo so close. I nearly had the necromancer. Damnedable halflings. I will get you next time my small little friend. And then I shall feast on your soul. Mwhahahahahaha.

Ahem.

Good story Chinaren. I probably should have read your first post more carefully - I hadn't realised it was capture the flag - but alas. Woe is me. I'll be back.

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Smee
Revered IFian

Topics: 166

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent, I knew I should have backed the halfling with money rather than just words.

A great first round.
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I've got a plan on how to do well next time. It involves gambling. Mwhahaha!

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:30 pm    Post subject: Post match... Reply with quote

<Camera cuts to Bub on the Arena floor>

"This is Bob McBobski here on the Arena floor waiting for the first match contestants to come off, and here comes Bungo Kneecapper!”

<Bob rushes over to Bungo who is sweaty but happy. Thrusts a mike-orb in his face>

“Bungo! Great win out there today! Tell us, how do you feel?”

“I feel freeking great Bob, now get that freeking orb outa me face before I shove it daan thee throat.”

<Bungo pushes past and acknowledges the roar of the crowd with a wave of both hands>

“So there you have it, the first match winner is very happy. Now back to Bub and Whisper in the studio!”

<Camera cuts to studio which shows an empty chair. Moans and other sounds can be heard…>

“oohh baby! Yes that’s it! Come to papa! Ahah aha ah…What? Fu…”

<There is a scramble and Bub appears from the floor looking flustered and disheveled. Whisper can be seen moving off camera pulling her dress down. Bub takes a seat and smoothes his clothes.>

“That’s right Bob, what a guy. Ahem. So then viewers, press your voting wands and choose three more competitors to enter the Arena for Round 1 match 2! And don’t forget to go over to our shop in the marketplace for betting slips and other sundry items, including our new line of T-shirts and mugs and more more more!”

“This is Bub Bubbabub saying ‘don’t go away now’! We will be back after these words from our sponsor!”

<Cuts to adverts…>

<Want fast action Storygaming? Brutality and humor? Then check out Narg the Nasty in the Fantasy Forum right now…>
Ingrothechundyer

Items

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get Blademage out there Very Happy
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i voted for the elven woman. mainly because elves rock. no, scratch that. completely because elves rock.

especially darkelves/drow/druchii

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Shogun
Respected Citizen

Topics: 0

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

%#@*% Hobbit! I thought I had a machete, Chinaren? Oh well... I vote BladeMage, we need some taller halflings out there!
I've got no right to way, I'm just caught up all the battles

Key
King

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted for the librarian. Maybe if he's in we'll finally get to see somebody get killed. Cool
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

**Note**

I made a mistake in the poll. Rathier is the 'librarian' Rufus is the white haired old man (mage).

Many apologies.
Key
King

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. Then count my vote for Rathier then.
Hyperion

Items

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm Elachor the Blademage, iijit, not Blademage the Half-Elf! I'm a Half-Elven Blademage named Elachor! SHEESH!
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hyperion wrote:
I'm Elachor the Blademage, iijit, not Blademage the Half-Elf! I'm a Half-Elven Blademage named Elachor! SHEESH!

Well, if you had put down all the pertinent information in a single PM to me, like everyone else did and I asked, instead of half-coherent postings scattered through a couple of threads then you may have had something more accurate put in!

You still have time!
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

<we return to "The foulness of Dr.Muaddib's island" after this message from 'The ARENA OF DEATH!">

<Cuts to Bub and Whisper in the studio. Whisper is speaking quite heatedly...>

"...well I wasn't the drunk one trying to feel up some elf slut!>

"I was drunk! Ha! You were the one showing her knickers to all and...Whaaa? Ah, yes." <Turns to the camera>

"Exciting news Arena fans! The results for match two have just come through, and the competitors are: Whisper?..."

"Competetor one, Bub is, oh, you will like this Bub! It
s your favorite Elven bitch! Silex the Slapper!"

"Ahem, yes Silex the Elf. Moving quickly along..."

"Competitor two is Rufus the mage!"

...and finally the third competitor for match two is Rathier the Librarian!"

"Rathier is a warrior mage, a real man, not like some jumped up presenter." <Turns her nose up at Bub>

<Bub turns red>

"So folks, keep tuned for match 2! It promises to be an action packed spectacle! Now we return you to our feature film, 'The Perverted Island of Doctor Muaddib...'"

<Camera zooms out and Whisper stands up and stalks out of the studio. Bub puts his head in his hands and slumps forward on his desk...>
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 3:49 am    Post subject: Round 1 Match 2. Reply with quote

Round 1 Match 2.
Rathier the Warrior Librarian vs Rufus the Mage vs Silex the Elf.

<…the great detective stood up and with a certain finality turned and pointed to Nanny Stoat. “The Maid could not have done it, as she was in Smee’s room at the time partaking in carnal activities. No, in-fact the murderer was none other than…” <Cuts to the Arena Floor where Whisper is holding a mike-orb up to Rathier the Warrior Librarian. Rathier still has a book under his arm, but now he also has two large swords strapped to his back.>

“So tell me Rathier, are those swords as heavy as they look?”

“Well Whisper, once I have taken care of business here, how about you and me go somewhere and you can examine my weapon in detail?”

“Sure thing handsome. Kick some elf ass out there, it’s time for you to head towards the ‘portal rings.” <Gives Rathier a rather long lingering kiss for ‘good luck’ before turning back to the camera.>

“This is Whisper the White on the Arena Floor, now back to Bob and some other lecherous turd in the studio…”

<Camera cuts to Bob and Bub in the commentator’s box>

“Yes, thank you indeed Whisper! This is Bob McBobsky coming here to you live from The Arena where the second match is about to begin.”

“Let’s hope there is a bit more action this time eh Bob?”

“Sure Bub, and with a couple of mages out there I would say that the spells are going to fly!”

“Let’s just review the entrants again shall we? We have Rufus the mage, an old man with a staff and little else it seems. My contacts in the betting office have told me he is the outsider here today, but I am not so sure, you can never tell with mages.”

“I don’t know Bob, my money is on the Elf! She is at home with fast action, and let me tell you I can speak from experience here, and she is a dead shot with that bow!”

“Finally there is the warrior mage, the smart money seems to be riding on him, with his blades and magic combination.”

“And the flying eyes are out over the Arena now. Remember, this round is a classic ‘capture the flag’ situation where the competitors have to retrieve the flag and get it to the top of the tower in the south east area.”

“That’s right Bub, of course, if the other two contestants are disabled, then the last ‘man’ standing takes the match.”

“And there goes the starting chime!” <Crowd roars>

“The three entrants have been ‘ported into the arena and the eyes are scanning the area looking for them.”

“There’s the flag Bob, up in the north sector between the woods and the water.”

“And the eyes have found the elf, she is right in the north west corner, in the woods. An excellent position for her, should suit her skills well.”

“The other two have also been found, and they are all close! Rathier is only a little to the south of the elf, and Rufus the mage seems to be stuck in a bush not far away to the east, they are all in the woods!”

“The Mage is clambering out of the bush, not a very dignified entrance for the old man. There is the elf, she is moving south-east, look at her go! She knows how to use the cover.”

“And the librarian is taking time out to read his book! A little bit of an odd place to catch up on his reading don’t you think Bob?”

“I think there must be something more to it than that Bub, and... yes indeed! Look at that! Some sort of large homunculus is climbing from the pages! Ooh! Nasty too, a small black creature, all claws and teeth. That is going to cause someone trouble. A sneaky move from our librarian!!”

“And here comes Silex! The elf has caught sight of Rathier and it looks like she is preparing to finish him off with her longbow! She fires!!”

“Oh! Good shot! Rathier is hit, look at that! A good solid hit to the shoulder. Classic shooting from the Elf girl there Bub!”

“Here comes Rufus the mage, he has seen both the others and he appears to be getting ready to cast a spell. It’s a three way battle! Things are getting interesting down in the woods tonight!”

“But Rathier’s pet is on the floor and now the librarian is pointing at the Elf. This could be a problem for the Elf Bob, that summoned creature looks vicious.”

“I am not sure; Silex is readying her bow again. It is going to be close, but I think she will probably put one in the creature before it gets to her. And Rufus is casting some sort of magic, looks like it is aimed at the Elf as well, but what is he planning? I can’t see anything happening. Could it have mis-fired?”

“I don’t know, but the homunculus is closing fast on Silex and… and… What is she doing? She is just standing there looking at her bow and… Ohhhh the creature is on her!”

<blood and guts fly as the creature tears into Silex>

“Oh my word!! What a waste of a good elf! There’s not going to be much left for the recovery teams to pick up there!”

“The first fatality of the Arena games! Silex the Elf is out, there can be do doubt about that, mauled to death by the Librarians little pet. What a nasty way to go! I don’t know what the mage did but it seemed to confuse the archer just long enough to stop her firing that decisive arrow.”

“Meanwhile, back to the arena floor and there are two competitors still out there. With the homunculus still feasting on Silex, Rathier has reverted to a more conventional approach and taken out one of his swords. Has he seen the mage Bob?”

“I don’t think he has Bub! He seems to be moving south, and look at Rufus, he can’t believe his luck! He is casting another spell.”

“Oh! I know that one, it’s a fireball! A classic combat spell Bob, one of my favorites!”

“There it goes, but Rathier isn’t slow! He has heard something. He turns, he has seen it! A huge ball of fire bearing down on you can’t be hard to miss!”

<Huge explosion causes the screen to white-out for a moment>

“Wooah! That was a biggie Bub! And where is the librarian? I can see the mage, he is smiling to himself, as well he may after that piece of magic but I can see no trace of Rathier.”

“I can’t see him either. The eyes have lost him, perhaps he has been fried? There are small fires all around the impact area. I can see the judges conferring with each other; they are obviously discussing this!”

“The mage is looking uncertain and OHHH! Where did he come from!!?”

“Rathier has just appeared right next to Rufus and taken a big chunk out of the side of the Mage with his sword! That’s got to hurt!”

“The mage is falling back, as one would expect! Rathier swings again, but the mage blocks with his staff, he is not as old as he seems Bub!”

“But this must surely be nearly finished Bob, the librarian is all over the mage!”

“There! A hit! No? What happened there?”

“It’s some sort of shield! The mage has activated some sort of defense shield and Rathier can’t get through!”

“Not for lack of trying though Bub! Look at him swing!”

“The mage is getting back to his feet, and he is off! That wound doesn’t seem to be slowing him much, he is running away!”

<Crowd boos>

“And the spectators don’t like that at all!”

“Look at him go! The mage is dodging in and out of the trees with Rathier hot in pursuit and swinging away with his sword!”

“Now the mage is swerving and doubling back, nice dodge there, what is he doing?”

“He is heading straight for the homunculus! The creature has seen him, but the mage seems to have thrown a quick cantrip at it! What did it do?”

“The homunculus is ignoring the mage and going for Rathier!”

“It leaps but Rathier dodges and swings his sword! The creature is hit but not down! It’s jumping again and ooh! Rathier is bitten by his own foul summoning!”

“That’s what I call irony Bub!”

“Rathier cuts again with his sword and he has hacked the beast in two!”

“That’s that dealt with, but the mage has got away!”

“Rathier is standing up. He is still in the game but that bite doesn’t look pretty. He must be losing blood fast!”

“OH! Look there! Rufus the mage has stepped out to confront the warrior librarian and the two are staring each other down! It is a face-off!”

<Western style ‘showdown’ music plays. Rufus and Rathier stand, hands at their sides, staring each other down. The crowd goes quiet. An imperceptible movement and then a flash of action…>

“And Rathier swings his sword and charges at Rufus! Rufus raises his hands and LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THAT FIREBALL!”

“OHHH! It has engulfed Rathier! The Librarian isn’t going to walk away from that one! There he is! I can see Rathier’s burning form still running but he is aflame all over. The skin is melting away from his body! That’s got to hurt!”

“But not for long Bob! Yes, indeed, there go the legs! All I can see of him now is a blackened charcoal figure! I knew I should have brought some steak along with me today!”

“Rufus the mage takes it! Rathier is, quite literally, toast and the old mage has shown he is not an adversary to be trifled with!”

“That’s for sure Bob! Rufus wins match 2 of round 1 and is the only one left standing! Now that’s what I call a Death-match!”

<Zoom out and fade to black...>
Shady Stoat
Elder

Topics: 76

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! 2 deaths for the price of one. Remind me not to tangle with Rufus Shocked

I'm beginning to get into this whole Arena of Death thing. I might even hazard a bet on the next match.

(BTW, did it have to be 'Nanny Stoat'? I sound like I should be 'trip-trip-trapping' over some troll's bridge!) Wink
Smee
Revered IFian

Topics: 166

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, even if anyone took my bet about Rufus grabbing the flag first it wouldn't have paid out. He didn't even need to worry about the flag. Shocked

Go Rufus. Very Happy

A quick thing I spotted...

Quote:
Round 1: “The Elf is hurt! The Elf has sustained the first combat injury of the tournament!”

Round 2: "“The first fatality of the Arena games! Silex the Elf is out"

It appears being an Elf isn't very lucky Very Happy

*Wanders off wondering what Rufus did to the elf*
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mal-fait didn't really sustain the first injury though - afterall the necromancer got hit with a large spiie from chinaren's bombs

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion

Items

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...which is why I changed it when I was proofreading it to 'combat injury' instead of the simple 'injury' I initially penned.

Items

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So how many concursants are left?
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
So how many concursants are left?

If you go the start of the Marketplace thread here then you can see a list of competitors and their status.
Idea master
Magus Extraordinaire

Topics: 46

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOOO!!
My...precious...Rathier...
Why did you fry him?
I will have revenge!
Damn you Rufus!
DAMN YOUUUUUUUUU!

...No plans yet.
D-Lotus
Venerable IFian

Topics: 103

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, too bad I don't have any money, or I would participate more. Very Happy I hope that with the new chapter I'm writing, I'll be able to cover my debt.
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, there is a little way to go here yet, and just wait until the sequel! Oh yeah!!!! Laughing
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is going to be a sequel? is it still going to be the same or are there going to be various twists?

for instance you could start having two on two fights, and then larger ones. this would lead into team games - where tow sides battle it out for supremecy.

and then you could make bloodbowl out of it too - two teams of maniacs playing american football - with no rules

*goes off into corner to calm down*

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, yes. Wait about 20 minutes and you will hear about it from Bob and Bub! Wink
<continues writing manically>
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:04 pm    Post subject: Match 3 begins! Reply with quote

Round 1 Match 3.
Barak the Cleric vs Lawrence the Vine vs Echopoop the Blademage

<cuts to a clip show showing highlights of the competition so far with dramatic music in the background. Slowly fades to the studio and Whisper, Bob and Bub…>

“Welcome back to the Arena of Death viewers! This is Bub Bubbabub here, with my good friend Bob McBobsky and Whisper the White getting ready for match 3 of round 1!”

“Yes indeed, the competitors are in the teleport rings as we speak Bub, but first we have an important announcement, which we will tell you about right after this message from our sponsors…”

<Cuts to commercial… Shows a hot chick in leather wielding a short sword and killing Mind Flayers. Voice over: “Do you like your women hot and feisty? You want babe on blood action? Come on down to SKALDIN! the Hot new Storygame by Sorrow_A in the fantasy section!” Fades out and then back to Bob in the studio…>

“She looks hot that Skaldin eh Bob?” <Nudges Bob>

“Sure does Bub. Now here is Whisper with some exciting news!”

“Thanks Bob!” <Leans forward into the camera, showing amble cleavage.> “The bosses here at TV-IF1 have just release some exciting news! I am pleased to be able to tell you that coming soon will be:

ARENA OF DEATH 2!! - BLOOD PARTY!” <Leans back and fans herself> “I get all excited just thinking about it! Oooh!”

“Ooh indeed Whisper! Yes, we don’t have much detail yet, but we promise you it will involve all the action and more you have come to expect from ARENA! Now, back to our third match. How is it going Bub?”

“The competitors are in the rings, there is the siren and there they go! The competitors have been 'ported out.”

“The three this time are Barak the Cleric, the ladies favourite Lawrence of Vine and the mysterious Blademage elf: Echlopoopy, or some such name, can’t make these runes out clearly.”

“…and the eyes have it! Yes, the eyes have spotted the flag. It is floating in the middle of the lake in the north east corner! What a devious place to put it!”

“There is the Cleric! He is right next to the bridge, hunkering down holding that mace and looking around.’

“Where is the Hero? Ah! Yes he is just south of the woods in the open. Look at him just standing there cool as a cucumber!”

“The blademage is standing on the rocks on the far west Bub, he has a good view over the Arena from there, but the others must be able to see him too! Yes, look! Lawrence the vine is raising his Axe over his head in a heroic pose!”

<Women in the arena audience scream and throw knickers.>

“Yes indeed Bob, and what is happening now?...”

- - - -

What IS happening loyal readers?

This time I thought I would get more reader participation.

I would like suggestions and strategies for the three contestants! What course of action should they take? Go for the flag (in a tricky position) take out one or the other competitors? Lie low? Suggestions and discussions please…

In the meantime, betting can take place over in the marketplace shop...

Last edited by Chinaren on Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:27 am; edited 1 time in total
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> The Vault All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: