Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
ARENA OF DEATH! Game over man! GAME OVER!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> Stasis Hall - Completed or archived Storygames -> The Vault
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Sorrow_A

Items

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, you made my character sound like a slut. No No

Second, if we're doing a sequel t' this then I'm getting Derri in there.

Third. . . seeing as the flag is in such a tricky location, I just say we have a bloodfest. Either that, or somebody pull a Moses and part the waters. Perhaps the Cleric or Blademage could do that while the hero hacks their legs off.
Key
King

Topics: 207

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parting the waters would be cool, and appropriate for Barak. Maybe he can wait for someone to chase him in and then have the waters roll back in and drown them, a la Moses.
Sorrow_A

Items

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*psst! Key! Chinaren is richer than you!*

In fact, Key, you're only the 4th richest person in IF. I guess you really don't have piles of Fables stacked in warehouses in odd places.

I like the idea of having the waters roll back on them . . . but how would he get out of the water? Confused
Ingrothechundyer

Items

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could make for an interesting story. Cleric parts the water and races in followed closely by the hero. The blademage shoots his magical blades and kills the cleric. With the cleric dead the waters roll back in on the hero who despretly tries to swim to safety.

The blademage shoots at him while he ducks and weaves diving underwater from time to time.

Look he's grabbed the flag and is pulling himself toward the bank. Wait he's gone. Did the blademage succed in killing him?

Tune in to our next broadcast.

<< cut to commercials
Ingrothechundyer has a new story out with only four people commenting so far.
<< end of commercials

Oh look the hero is on the bridge but the blademage is blocking his way. Look at the swords clash. etc... etc... etc...
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Topics: 339

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, Ingro just finished the match off! Wink Good suggestions so far, and I like the parting of the waves idea. What about the other two. Look at the map (somewhere in this thread!) and remember their positions. Lawrence is between the water and Blademage.

I am going to be busy today, so you will have until tomorrow at least to formulate ideas.
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Topics: 41

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just ignore the flag - go and kill each other

lets have a nove three way death here - with no winner

Quote:
getting ready for match 3 of round 2!”

surely thats round 1 chinaren?

A Fronte Praecipitium a Tergo Lupi
Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fixed, thanks LotN!
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:02 pm    Post subject: Match 3 conclusion... Reply with quote

“The Blademage is responding! He has leapt down and is running towards Lawrence the Vine, swords held high in some fancy pose.”

“The Vine has accepted the challenge! Look at them go!!”

<Picture cuts to split screen and slow motion as the two meet. Lawrence swings his axe and then it stops, ‘Matrix’ style and the POV swings round 180 degrees before continuing again at normal speed…>

“Woah! Did you see that move Bob? The Elf leaned backwards and avoided the blow from the axe!”

“Cool!”

“The Blademage is counter-attacking, the swords are fast, but Lawrence is responding in kind with some moves of his own!”

“What a show these two are putting on! Fighting on this level is what the crowd like to see!”

“Oh come on now Bob! What the crowd like to see is killing and blood!”

“And there is some blood now! Lawrence has managed to somehow get through the Elf’s defense and given him a nasty cut to one arm. The Blademage has dropped a sword!”

“Meanwhile where is that Cleric?”

“He has been taking advantage of the distracted warriors and has moved up to the water area. He seems to be praying Bub!”

“Oh! Look at that! Divine intervention! The Cleric is parting the waters of the Arena water hazard!”

“Just like that famous Cleric from ages ago Bub, what was his name?”

“Bosos or some such, he led his evil undead army across the Green sea to wage conquest of the Holy Lands Bob. A great man, if only he could be here in the Arena today!”

“Amen to that Bub! And Lawrence of Vine has seen the Cleric and has abandoned the wounded Elf to chase after him! Echloplop, or whatever his name is, is not chasing…”

“The Cleric has seen the massive figure approaching and is picking up the pace! He has reached the flag and has grabbed it. Bosos would be proud!”

“The Vine is coming down to meet him. It is a fight at the bottom of the sea!”

“But what’s this? The Cleric is casting another spell… wait it’s… Haha yes! It seems to be some sort of entanglement spell Bob! Lawrence the Vine is all tangled up in, rather ironically, a load of vines!”

“Hahaha! That Cleric sure has a sense of humor! Look at him as he races past the entangled fighter! This could be a problem for Lawrence as the Cleric leave the wet area!”

“Oh yes! Of course! There he goes back to dry land. He is turning, looking. There is goes! The waves are un-parting! Lawrence is left all a-tangle under-water. Hope he can hold his breath Bob!”

“The Cleric is running south with the flag towards the fort!”

“He is looking left and right as he goes Bob, he is wondering where the other competitor is no-doubt!”

“He is nearing the fort and… Oh! Look at that, The Blademage has leapt off the top of the fort and landed on him! Attack from above. Sneaky!”

“The Cleric is down, he is wounded but I think he is alive and the Elf has snatched the flag at the last minute and is running up the stairs!”

“The sneaky bastard has done it Bub! Echloplop the Blademage has taken it at the last moment!”

“That’s the idea Bob! Let others do the work and then take it at the last moment. It seems to be becoming a trend around here.”

“So there you have it folks! The Blademage goes through to round 2, the Cleric will go into the play-offs and Lawrence the Vine will go to the bone-yard!”

<Cuts to ads…
View of a poor man, struggling alone near a river. Voice over…
“What’s it like to survive as an outcast? Fleeing from an oppressive regime? Find out in the unlikely named Ingrothechundyer’s top story: Eango’s tale! and don’t miss his other storygames; tales from troop 88 and The story of Turos! Only in ‘The City of IF!’”

…cuts back to the studio…>

“Well, a tactical match there, what do you think Whisper?”

“I think that these guys should stop pussying around and get some blood action on! Come on Bob, I mean a drowning? Where’s the fun in that? I want some gore!”

“Well said Whisper! And I think you will be getting your wish!” <Turns back to the camera> “Stay tuned folks for the play-offs between the losers but survivors of round 1, and then we will be in round 2, where only one can walk off the field alive!”

<zooms out to a high view of the Arena, then cuts to the scheduled children’s programme, ‘What Uncle Rodney did with Susan in the park’…>
D-Lotus
Venerable IFian

Topics: 103

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, pretty good
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you want us to give our tatics for that round as well?

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed. Indeed!
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and is it capture the flag again?

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahaha! No no. The time for games has past! Smile
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok then, its on its way

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
D-Lotus
Venerable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the next round going to be like? Just a threeway battle?
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:10 pm    Post subject: Round 1 playoffs. Reply with quote

Round 1 playoffs.

Barak the Cleric vs the 13th Necromancer vs Le Chevaliey Mal-Fait

<Picture of the Arena and voiceover… “but before debut screening of our late adult night feature film ‘Shady does Stockholm’ we join Bub and Whisper in the Arena studio…” Cuts to studio…>

“Yes indeed! Welcome back to the Arena where we will shortly be viewing the Round 1 play-offs, where only one of the competitors will walk out alive.”

“Yes Bub, it’s a brutal fight to the death! Oh! It makes me all tingly!” <rubs her front parts>

“er.. ah, yes. Maybe I was a little hasty the other day…”

“Ohh! Yes Bub! And I didn’t mean it about that slutty Elf! You couldn’t help it!” <Leans forward towards Bub>

“Oh Whisper! I was wrong! Can you forgive me?” <Leans towards Whisper>

“Of course Bub! Come to me!” <Grabs Bub and the two do some serious lip wrestling, slowly falling from view behind the desk. Shortly other noises can be heard…>

“Oh oh oh! YES! Oh Bub! You’re such a man! Give it to me big boy! Oh baby that’s it…”

<Hastily cuts to Bob in the area>

“Ah... Well, thank you Bub and er, Whisper. This is Bob McBobsky on the Arena floor with the three competitors about to enter the Arena.” <Thrusts the mike-orb towards the Cleric.> “Anything to say Barak?”

“Yeah Bob. I am going to kick serious ass out there today. And when I meet that farking hobbit in the next round he will be in for a seriously unhappy time.”

“Woah! I will look forward to that. What about you dark mage?” <The 13th necromancer>

Speak to meeee again mortal and I willll turn you into dussst

“Great great! And finally, our visitor to IF the dark elf Mal-Fait…”

“I will defeat these two and go on to claim victory for the city of OF!” <Crowd boos and throws fruit>

“Okay then! You heard it here first. Now, before we go back to the studio here are some messages from our sponsors…”

<Cut to ads… Shows a leather clad ranger and a large wolf by his side fighting various evil monsters…Voice over…”Follow Detriment the ranger as he battles the evil Mind Flayers is a new storygame from Sorrow_A! In the Fantasy section now!” Cuts back to studio where Bob has joined a Whisper and Bub. Whisper is pulling her dress straight as she speaks…>

“Ohh, I have seen that story with the ranger! He gives me Goosebumps all over!" <Looks at Bub and starts to move towards him, but Bob interrupts…>

“Yes indeed! I have just had word the contestants are in the ‘portal rings and there’s the starting siren! They are off!”

<Bub> “Yes Bob! This match is a death match. Only one competitor must be left alive, or at least able to walk, or crawl away... The eyes are searching them out now…”

<Whisper> “There is that Elf from OF! He is on top of the tower in the South East corner. He has a good position there to see over the Arena!”

<Bob> “…and the 13th Necromancer is next to the rocks on the west side.”

<Bub> “I can see the Cleric, he is just south of the woods, in the center.”

<Bob> “Alright then! The competitors are in place! Let’s see what they do!”

- - - - -
Right then people! Time for your input! Whilst I have strategies sent by the sponsors, let’s have some ideas as to how the competitors should fight this one out! Last time you had some good ideas. I am hoping you will have more this time!
D-Lotus
Venerable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guy from OF waits until the other two kill each other, and then loses anyway.
Shady Stoat
Elder

Topics: 76

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I think the necromancer should be able to raise the dead spirit of that guy who drowned in the river. They probably haven't dredged him up yet, and then it's two against the other two. Shocked
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now there is an idea!
Ingrothechundyer

Items

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tend to think that the elf should stay in the tower and shoot any approaching competitors (if he has a bow)
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
meet that farking hobbit in the next round he will be in for a seriously unhappy time.”

when did the cleric meet the hobbit? it was mal-fait and the necromancer in round round

Quote:
I tend to think that the elf should stay in the tower and shoot any approaching competitors (if he has a bow

can i add a bow to my inventory - seeing how i couldn't think of one ealier?

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
lordofthenight wrote:
Quote:
meet that farking hobbit in the next round he will be in for a seriously unhappy time.”

when did the cleric meet the hobbit? it was mal-fait and the necromancer in round round

Ah, er. Yes. But they had an argument over the last cream bun in the Arena canteen. Yes. That was it. (Ahem).

Quote:
I tend to think that the elf should stay in the tower and shoot any approaching competitors (if he has a bow

can i add a bow to my inventory - seeing how i couldn't think of one ealier?

Sorry! Too late for that! Actually, I am rather glad no-one thought to get lots of missile weapons, I hadn't planned for them!

Maybe in A2!
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahh well
in that case i think the elf - namely me - should...kill them both
yep, thats the full extent of my tactics

apart from what chinaren already knows that is

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Sorrow_A

Items

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's another old skool D&D idea!

Simply raise the body of Lawrence the Vine, draw a spirit of a great mage (or preferably necromancer) from the Abyss, entwine them, and there you have it, the kick-ass stamina of a warrior with the huge magical power of a mage! If it's a necromancer, then you can have him summon a huge undead horde!

Then have Lawrence the Undead Mage turn on his master after brutally slaying Barak the Cleric. Of course, then you have the City of OF champion elf against Lawrence, and possibly Lawrence wins!

That would make for an interesting outcome . . . nobody would be expecting it, either. Scare the audience.

Also, if the undead mage actually fights with his master, then have Mal-Fait and Barak team up . . . distastefully, obviously, but it is what must be done.

(YOU MADE A MISTAKE WITH THE ADVERTISING AGAIN! AAARRGH! Detriment is the story, Derri is the ranger. Yenal is the wolf. It's a good story. CLICK ON THE LINK!!! NOW!!! And Derri is simply possessed and left nearly-dead, he doesn't kill the mind flayer . . .yet.)
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:33 am    Post subject: Round 1 conclusion... Reply with quote

“The necromancer is climbing down the rocks, and meanwhile the Cleric is heading towards the water. What is he doing?”

“He had a confrontation in the water last time if you remember Bob. Maybe he is going to try that trick again?”

“It won’t work on these two Bub, they were watching the match and I doubt they would fall for that!”

“Meanwhile, Mal-Fait is crouching down and looking on. Looks like he as decided to play a waiting game!”

“The necromancer has reached the Arena floor and here comes the wand again!”

“Yes, we saw that trick before. He raised the dead in his first match and it nearly won the game for him, will he try the same trick?”

“It looks to be the case Bub! Here they are! Two undead have just been raised! They are looking around and the Necromancer is pointing towards the lake, towards the Cleric!”

“That could be a tactical mistake Bob, remember the Cleric is probably the most suited of all our contestants to deal with the undead!”

“…and look! The Cleric is matching the necromancer at his own game! Whilst we were watching the necromancer he was busy casting a spell, and something is coming out of the water! What is it? Could it be…?”

“Yes! Yes it is Bob! It is none other than Lawrence the Vine! Round one loser to Barak. Ha, how’s that for cunning!”

“The Cleric is pointing towards the tower, it seems he saw our Dark Elf there somehow.”

“Yes, off the undead fighter goes, and here are the two skeletons from the necromancer! The Cleric has seen them!”

“He is whipping out his religious symbol. Here it comes, a predictable move, but a sound tactic!”

“He is turning the undead! There goes one in a pile of dust, but the other one is now listening to Barak, it looks like the cleric has converted it!”

“Yes indeed! He is turning back to the necromancer, and both the undead and the cleric are advancing on the Dark mage!”

“This isn’t looking good for the necromancer Bob!”

“No it isn’t, look! The Cleric is sending in the undead to attack whilst he casts another spell.”

“The undead is keeping the necromancer busy, let’s see how he likes to be on the receiving end eh Bob?”

“Meanwhile our visitor from OF has left the tower and is heading for the dead Lawrence of Vine! I guess he wants to take him out whilst the other two are busy!”

“Good thinking! Yes, look at him go! The undead Lawrence isn’t having an easy time of it and..Ohhh! That would hurt if the fighter was still alive!”

“Yes, Mal-Fait has hacked off a limb! And there goes his head! Lawrence is down again!”

“Yes, for the second time in this competition Lawrence the Vine has been killed! How humiliating is that!?”

“And look! The necromancer has been slowed! The Cleric has cast a slow spell on him. Now Barak is moving in to help his newly recruited undead! The necromancer has been hit! And again, and again!”

“And again Bob! Ohhh! The Cleric is making sure! How flat can you pound a guy’s head?”

“There is just a mush of blood and brain juice left Bub, I guess you can’t be too careful with these necromancers!”

“Look at that! Mal Fait has snuck up behind the Cleric and stuck him in the arm!”

“The cleric has turned, but he is injured! The undead is engaging Mal-Fait, and with the Cleric injured this is a pretty even fight!”

“Sure thing, I would put my money on the fighter in close combat with the Cleric, but the undead evens it up a bit but no! No! Mal Fait has done the undead in!”

“Now it is just the cleric and the Dark Elf Bub, and the cleric knows he is in trouble! He is trying to cast a spell! He is… he is…”

“He is DOWN! Mal-Fait is standing over the prone figure of the cleric! His sword is held high and he is looking at the crowd!”

“The crowd is showing thumbs down Bub! I guess bravery and good tactics don’t mean much in the Arena!”

“Ohhh! There it is! The coup-de-grace! The Dark Elf from OF has struck and struck decisively! Off comes the Clerics head!”

“The Dark Elf seems to have a bit of a fancy for decapitation Bub, and there he is, waving the head about over his head, gore and blood everywhere!”

“…and the crowd is loving it!”

“What a fight, what a fight! Mal-Fait, the visitor from OF is through to round 2!”

<Camera returns to the studio>

“Well, there you go Bub! The play-offs have resulted in Mal-Fair going through to round 2!”

“That’s right Bob, a deserved victory there for the visitor from the stinking city of OF! What say you Whisper?”

“Oh, I think… I think… I love you Bub! Come to me my precious!”

“Oh Whisper!”

“Oh Bub!”

<Bub and Whisper go into a clinch whilst the camera hastily shifts to Bob.>

“Oh get a room you two!” <turns to camera over the sounds of panting in the background> “Finally then, I just have to say get over to the City Auditorium and vote for ‘Good vs Evil vs Money’ before the close of the poll, don’t let that Smee slug take it folks!”

<Camera pans out>

“This is Bob McBobsky reporting from the Arena and saying… Don’t go away! We will be right back with ROUND 2 of THE ARENA OF DEATH! After these messages…”

<cuts to hardcore scenes from ‘Good vs Bad vs Money’ with voiceover… ” Want filth? Then vote for Chinaren in Story Game of the Month! You know it makes sense…”>
Shady Stoat
Elder

Topics: 76

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huzzah for Mal-Fait! All that blood, all that gore, all that undead!

Wooo - I'm getting all tingly Wink
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL!! Clapping
Ingrothechundyer

Items

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job on the story Smile

Who's left in the arena now?
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you go Here you can see a competitors list.

I will post the prelims and voting for round 2 as soon as I have figured out what I am going to do with it!! Very Happy
Sorrow_A

Items

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huzzah! Huzzah!

Just out of curiousity, if this is the first time we've done this Arena of Death thing, and it's a new arena, then where did the bodies come from when the necromancer raised the dead (twice)?

Unless we put a special layer of dirt in the Arena filled with dead bodies. I wouldn't put it past you though Chinaren.
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

woooooooonessssss

nice one mal-fait - ahem.

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Sorrow_A

Items

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to clarify. Chinaren, you haven't been accepting bribes, have you? It seems suspicious that LOTN's character, who is obviously hated in all of IF, hasn't been assassinated yet. And if you haven't, then that's a good idea. Very Happy
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, no bribes in this one, my GvEvM thread is for that!

I have a (rather simplistic) system of dice worked out, and roll for winner as well as who survives/injured/killed etc. Once I know the results I write the chapter. I will make a slightly more complex system up for Arena 2.

For the necromancer's undead, well it was a wand of Undead Summoning, hence there didn't need to be any bodies in the grounds, though there probably was! Wink
D-Lotus
Venerable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets see the round 2 play offs now!
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

who says there hasn't been assassins after him - maybe he just killed them first

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Sorrow_A

Items

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooo, I didn't think about that.

Hey, what if he's sleeping? I bet he has a proximity alarm or some such, though . . .
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

or maybe just really good elvish senses

maybe he has daemonic agreements and bargins

bartering away his soul for more power and protection

and im getting carried away here

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 6:28 am    Post subject: Round 2 rules Reply with quote

<”and finally tonight Key, our beloved Mayor, was in a pickle when some wag hoisted his underwear up the City Hall flagpole. The Mayor was heard to say: ‘The *bleep* *bleep* *bleep* Smee *bleep* *bleep* *bleep* with a donkey *bleep* rubber hose *bleep* *bleep* *bleep*’ Ha ha. What a joker, our mayor eh? Please join us with our weekly news roundup at 10, but for now, over to Bob McBobsky in the Arena of Death…”>

<cuts to Bob in the studio…”>

“Welcome back fight fans! This is Bob McBobsky here, in the Arena of Death! Let’s just remind you all that we have four hard core nutters who have moved on into round two. The action will start soon, but first I will explain the rules…”

<turns to another camera angle>

“The four finalists will all enter the Arena together. The layout will remain the same, but with one key difference, there will be a number of chests scattered about the Arena. In some of these chests will be Arena Orbs. To win the coveted title of the First Ever Arena of Death a competitor must collect ten of these orbs. Of course, there are no rules as to how he or she collects the orbs, so if they were to take some from another competitor, then that’s just good luck for them!”

“I need to remind all finalists to submit their tactics for approval to the co-ordination department, and all spectators that betting should be completed before the finals commence. Finally, I want to remind all of you happy citizens of IF that BLOOD PARTY will be commencing in the near future, so you should keep a close eye on our shops in the marketplace!”

“This is Bob McBobsky, coming to you live from the ARENA OF DEATH! Stay tuned folks, the best is yet to come!”

<Fade to black>
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok then

sounds like ignoring the globes and killing everyone is the plan for this trick

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 5:57 am    Post subject: FINALS begin!!! Reply with quote

<Deep voiced male voiceover while shots of the Arena games show.

Blood! Gore! Mayhem and carnage! Swords and sorcery! We have seen it all in the ARENA OF DEATH! But more is to come! Let’s go to the Arena now for the stunning finals of ARENA OF DEATH! Here, as ever, are your hosts Bob and Bub…”

cuts to the now familiar faces of Bob and Bub. Bub is talking to Bob in a low voice…>

“…bitch has given me the clap…” <lights come up and both hurriedly turn to the camera>

“Welcome citizens of IF! This is Bub Bubbabub here, with my good friend Bob McBobsky, and here it is! The one you have all been waiting for! Finally, we are entering Endgame of the world’s first ever Arena of Death! You can cut the atmosphere here with a spoon, right Bob?”

“I think you mean knife, but I know what you mean Bub! The crowd is shouting and singing, and a few scuffles broke out earlier but it is all under control now. The militia has asked me to say that if anyone is caught with ale, they must share it with the officers.”

“…but back to the action in the Arena Bob. Our four finalists are in the portal rings as we speak. Remember, this round sees the familiar Arena layout, but with chests dotted around at random. In some of these chests are Arena ‘orbs’, who knows what is in the others? Who ever is the first to collect ten of these orbs, by whatever means they can think of, will win the championship!”

“It’s a game that offers several strategies Bub. There’s the starting siren! The competitors have just been ported into the game, let’s catch up with the action from our flying eyes on the Arena floor…”

“There is Bungo Kneecapper, just north of the bridge and right next to a chest!”

“I can see Rufus the mage not too far away, he is just north of the hut in the center of the arena. Remember, Rufus showed some pretty devastating moves in round 1, I wouldn’t be surprised if he was top of the hit list for the other players!”

“Oh yes, one to watch, and here is another one, the filthy Elf from OF has arrived just north of the rocks and just south of the wooded area. He is in plain sight of Rufus, and vice-versa!”

“Finally, I can see the Blademage, he has landed in the stream to the south of the bridge! Oooh, that’s going to annoy him! And Bungo has seen him land, I don’t know if the warrior has seen the hobbit though!”

“And look at the Orb-chests! There must be about 20 of them! There are three between Rufus and Mal-fat alone, with one of the bridge and several in the sandy zone near the Blademage.”

“It’s going to be an interesting fight Bub! What do you think the competitors are going to do?”

>>>>

Well? What do you will they do? The sponsors have PMd me their strategies already, but suggestions from the spectators are now welcome! Go go go!
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> The Vault All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: