Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
Chapter Two: Concerning Identities

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> Stasis Hall - Completed or archived Storygames -> A Fronte Praecipitium a Tergo Lupi
View previous topic :: View next topic  

LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Topics: 41

Items
Legends
21370 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chapter Two: Concerning Identities

There really was only one option. To flee the city might not end the pursuit and would force her into a less well equipped town. To stay in the city would be to invite trouble from her hunters and from the local authorities. She had to track down Fangrimn and find out who wanted her dead – this time.

It only took a few days to make her preparations. A few days in which she was only forced to fight on three separate occasions. Twice to deal with her would-be assassins and a third to dispose of an annoying watch guard – who had been stationed near her preferred entrance. The knife had slid in so smoothly he wouldn’t have felt a thing until it was twisted, sending his soul swiftly to the afterlife.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fangrimn was sitting in his office, a cigar in his beefy fingers. Like all trolls, his skin was a light green and covered in warty boils. His hand was stroking the head of a syntor, the swamp beast hissing in delight. From below came a crashing sound. He smiled crookedly. That was the trouble with hiring orges – they were so prone to fighting over their food. Still the Halflings he provided should be enough for all of them to enjoy. The sound continued, and within moments he dozed off to the muffled cries.

He awoke with a start as the doors to his office were kicked open by a booted figure. A woman stood there, a sword grasped in her gloved hand. Its blade was jet black with white runes carved into its obsidian steel. The blood running down it in streaks dripped onto the floor hissings slightly as it did so. The cloaked woman in the entrance raised the blade to point at him, while her other hand reached behind her cloak to withdraw a long curved knife.

“Who dares intrude? You will be dealt with without mercy. Guards! Guards!” Fangrimn barked in his putrid voice, panic barely held at bay.

When she replied her voice was quiet yet harsh, as if distorted from years of abuse. “Your guards are already dead Fangrimn. And it is you who should fear for your life. As for my name – I am sure you know exactly who I am.” Her tail twitched and she threw her knife forwards, deep into the throat of the syntor which gargled for a few moments before collapsing in on itself.

Slowly she drew back her hood to reveal her face. Her eyes were green, the pupils twisted like those of a cat. Her ears were pointed, and her black hair ran down her head and shoulders like water from a pitcher. A blue tattoo of a moon was splayed across the left hand side of her face. Her skin was an olive colour, and she was smiling, her pointed teeth reflecting the light from the lanterns around the room.

“Don’t you recognise me? I am Ulliana Halfelven. And you and I are going to have a little talk.” With that she closed the door, sealing the room from the outside to shut out the screams.

I know theres none here but there will be a decision point at chapter three

A Fronte Praecipitium a Tergo Lupi
Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion

Last edited by LordoftheNight on Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Topics: 339

Items
Legends
69488 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woooooooooooooo! Loving it!!! Yeah! :biggrin: Very Happy Very Happy Laughing Very Happy Smile Smile Razz
Ingrothechundyer

Items

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking foward to the next chapter and the decision point. Good chapter Smile
Smee
Revered IFian

Topics: 166

Items
Legends
15311 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great start Lordy Very Happy

I look forward to the first decision point I can join in with.

Happy Writing. Smile
Shady Stoat
Elder

Topics: 76

Items
Legends
17436 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great continuation. I'm enjoying this one! Smile
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Topics: 41

Items
Legends
21370 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks all

could you delete the poll smee? as i ended it early and will be wanting to put the next one up soon

A Fronte Praecipitium a Tergo Lupi
Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Solomon Birch
Honored Citizen

Topics: 18

Items
Legends
10337 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

interesting story. keep it up, want to see what happens next.

Thesopholis - A Noir Sci-Fi Story - Chapter 8 is up! Read it here
The End of the Voyage - Chapter 9
Shady the Furry Goblin! [Demon's, Satan and Slobadan Milosevic!] - Chapter 3
The Quest for the Legendary Rubber-Duckie! - Chapter 3
One Last Bullet.... Chapter 3
Green Eyes - Chapter 5
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> A Fronte Praecipitium a Tergo Lupi All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: