Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
The Death of an Age, CHAPTER 27- ALL THINGS MUST END
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> Stasis Hall - Completed or archived Storygames -> The Archives
View previous topic :: View next topic  

The Meaning Of Fear
Respected Citizen

Topics: 13

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol. Is Forenius blind? Friendly back rub one second, and enraged (not to mention a bit daft) paladin-facing-vampire scene the next.

Forenius also seems to have a bad memory. I mean, Larson did save his life. Paladins are so arrogant sometimes.

Hehe... stupid king got stabbed...Hehe. What is it with those royal guys in fancy clothes, thinking they're all divine and all that meaningless crap. No offence against royal people, but those cone heads should really get a life.

but now Forenius has to deal with treason...hmmm.

The bit where it said all traces of the infection is a little wrong, since he still keeps his amazing strength, speed, etc etc.

I really like this chapter. Hope to see more awesome reads about Forenius (and Larson and Valonia)

~holds breath~ Shocked

Doors to the truth, an SG where a boy is propelled into worlds he is unfamiliar with. He crosses many worlds, and sees many things that force him to throw away his innocence, once, and for all. Fourth Chapter, out for viewing!
Zeitgeist

Items

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Meaning Of Fear wrote:

The bit where it said all traces of the infection is a little wrong, since he still keeps his amazing strength, speed, etc etc.

I really like this chapter. Hope to see more awesome reads about Forenius (and Larson and Valonia)

Jack changed that part. And yes, where can we get some pics of Valonia. Or anyone for that matter, being an incapable artist myself I like to see the works that I cannot create.
Jack_D.Mented
Respected Citizen

Topics: 9

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got one of Forenius the First up at the begining, right at the synopsis.

My friend took back his camera, as you know, Zeit, but if not for that, I would proabably do so.

Abattoir Chapter 2!
The Meaning Of Fear
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, now lets discuss the dp.

I have a few ideas:

1. Accept the marriage thingy and turn evil. It'll be an exciting read.
2. To hell with marriage! Go to war and kill as many of the bastards as you can!
3. Maybe somehow sneak into the lady's fort and destroy her, once and for all.
4. Accept marriage, then devise a plan to kill the lady.(possibly after Forenius has...*ahem*...had some fun)

~holds breath~ Shocked

Doors to the truth, an SG where a boy is propelled into worlds he is unfamiliar with. He crosses many worlds, and sees many things that force him to throw away his innocence, once, and for all. Fourth Chapter, out for viewing!
Shady Stoat
Elder

Topics: 76

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting development.

If he's a cousin to the emperor, maybe he should just baldface it out and claim the throne. Tell the leader of the King's army that the Emperor had betrayed his country, sold them into the clutches of a demon and a vampire, and that it was his duty to kill the King and, as his closest relative, claim the throne.

Forenius has an army too. Perhaps the forces won't want to come to blows. You've got to think that a General of the King's Army is not going to want to follow a brainless little peacock with delusions of grandeur. And if Forenius can get the armies onside, then he has the leadership of the Kingdom and the ability to hit back at the evil ones Very Happy
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Topics: 41

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tes, become King and then marry her - Bringing Peace and Order to the Galaxy.

A Fronte Praecipitium a Tergo Lupi
Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Jack_D.Mented
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ummm... You realize marriage is kind of outside of not only his vows, but his character as well?

As is peace and such.

He wants to keep fighting until they're all dead.

I mean, why would he marry her when that's what he just killed the emperor for suggesting?

Abattoir Chapter 2!
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unimportant detail.

Maybe he comes to his senses, and realises that the only way he can prevent her from conquoring all is to marry her, and give in peacefully - therefore creating a better world.

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
jess1561

Items

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I f5 what Shady said. :nod:
The Meaning Of Fear
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, he can't possibly resist the attraction of marrying the lady, hence turning to the path of the dark side.....*star wars music*

Jack_D.Mented
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, although it is pretty much an impossibility that he would do so, I put up the option of marry/ alliance.

I just hope that with this many options that there won't be a tie. If there is, I'm killing you Meanie for suggesting it. Very slowly... and painfully.

Sorry it took so long to get it up there, but I haven't been capable of doin much except for sittin on my butt since the dentist put me on these meds.

Abattoir Chapter 2!
The Meaning Of Fear
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voted and winning! But im the only 1 who voted....

LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voted to cover up the truth, and marry into Evil.

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
The Meaning Of Fear
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though i voted for truth and marry, i don't really care. I just wanted to see em marry.

EVIL! EVIL! EVIL! EVIL~!

(Dammit! I am becoming more like lordy! Surprised )

LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey - by your own admission you stole your name off me, the least you can do is use me as a role model.

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
The Meaning Of Fear
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm.... Okay.

*Makes a clay model of Lordy*

Hey! This actually looks real....

*Rolls it along the ground*

jess1561

Items

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paitently awaiting the next chapter...
Starwalker

Items

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read the Conan comic books when I was growing up as a kid, this story reminds me allot about them.

Keep it coming.
Jack_D.Mented
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, guys. I'm gonna try to do a chappy today. I'm in Washington in a day early, and I may have the time to crank one out. Sorry for the wait guys.

Glad you like it Starwalker. It's actually kind of my little tribute to the original Conan stories by Robert Howard. I love them and one of my main aims was to capture that feel. Glad to see it noticed and appreciated.

Abattoir Chapter 2!
Jack_D.Mented
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chapter 16- Descent

Forenius knelt down upon one knee and picked up the bloodied crown in gauntleted fist. He closed his eyes and prayed to the gods for forgiveness for the sin that he’d had just committed. Using his over hand, he scooped up the limp corpse of the fallen emperor. He made his way down the mirrored hall and out to the foyer.

Upon reaching the doors of his estate, he kicked open the doors and beheld before him a mighty host, consisting of both his conscripts and those of the empire and the treasured horsemen bodyguard of the king. Drawing up to the steps, he tossed the body down them and watched with eyes of ice as it tumbled down to the feet of his childhood friend, Vitellus, current master of armies and grand strategist.

A murmur passed through the assembled horde and the paladin raised his mighty blade and pointed to on high.

Wetting his lips, he spake, “This wretched thing wished to be a king. I think not. For to be a king, one must first be a man.”

Nods and chants of agreement echoed.

“Would you have been led to battle by one with no more intellect than a mewling infant? Would you be butchered as easily as cattle? Much like my companions and brothers in arms who were slaughtered under the asinine rule of this fool’s father?”

Yet more cheers and claps followed, by now, even a smile spreading across Vitellus’s stern face.

Forenius extended his arm with the crown at the end. “It is not right for one who has not earned the right to rule to rule. But, I have, however, earned the right. I have bought this crown in blood and I ask your permission to wear it as your heir to the throne.”

Chants of his name, paired for the first time with the suffix, “the First” rang out from the throng.

The knight took a knee and shouted, “And then by my authority and upon the love of my great people, I coronate myself, Forenius the First. Notice that I place this crown upon my own brow and claim responsibility for my own actions as emperor.”

A great cheer rose up, led by none other than Vitellus himself.

Rising as emperor, Forenius the First drew both sword and hammer and shouted, “And I rule by sword and hammer, forging our great people’s destiny anew in this, a new age!”

The revelry continued and the shouting grew louder as word of the great warrior’s ascension to the throne spread like wildfire.

………………………………

The god of murder, war, and plague rested upon his throne, rubbing between his eyes with a calloused hand. He had known what had come to pass and was greatly bothered. Reaching down, he unsheathed a large ebony horn that curved and arched in impossible ways.

He raised his great bearded lips to it and blew with all the might in his immortal lungs, causing a wave of sound to rise up and shake the very foundations of his home beneath the mountains. Volcanoes spewed forth their fiery froth and the ground split, swallowing people and entire homes whole.

The Trickster, clad now in shaded armor that mocked even the night sky with its darkness, rode forth on a large steed that panted smoke and shot blue chain lightning from it’s baleful eyes.

A legion of swarming green eyes, sparkling with impossible amounts of magical energy loomed behind him in the eternal darkness of the hell that stretched for an infinity in every direction, flickered to life, awakening after eons of rest.

The dark lord strutted up to his minion, bearing the horn, which he handed over slowly, sure to be careful with the instrument. He reached over his back and removed a shimmering white blade that crackled with the souls of a great number of fallen foes.

The wickedly curved scimitar was a fearsome sight to behold indeed, with its hooked blade that jutted forth from the bone handle like an eagle’s talon. It reflected in the eyes of the servant like a crescent moon and his mouth parted in awe of the weapon as shaking hands accepted it with a reverent bow.

The throaty hoarse voice of the immortal issued forth and he declared, “And let it know be known that the Great Hunt has been called and that it shall be incumbent upon all my servants to pursue this Forenius the First to his grave.”

………………………………

Lady d’Grorathia was troubled as well. She had followed her father’s advice to seek peace with that foul little whelp of an emperor, much to the chagrin of Damek and his unsustainable bloodlust. The ploy had failed, in as so far as garnering her a husband in the one mortal whom she deemed worthy of fathering the next member of her line and that was greatly disturbing.

It was not often that the machinations of a god fell flat on their face, that something so inconceivable occurred that even one of them did not see it coming.

She had to contemplate carefully upon her next move. What would this holy man do as a king? Would he pursue the war, the crusade?

Undoubtedly. He was in love with the blood, the tears, and the adrenaline as he could never love a woman. He was a man driven to send her dreams crashing down.

She was unready for what broke her concentration, as Damek dropped abruptly into the room from the ceiling.

“Have I not told you to never disturb me?” She shouted, green eyes shining.

Waving his pale hand as if to ward off an insect, the nosferatu dismissed her as his own sharp words cut the air.

“I care not for your objections, petty godchild. I just wanted to show you what following your idiot of a father’s advice has brought to you this day, other than a dramatic increase in your greatest foe’s power.”

“And what is that?” She snapped, impatient with the fiend and his condescending nature.

Turning to the side, he opened the door with a smooth gesture from across the room, using his ever increasing powers.

Three ghouls dragged in a beaten and bloody Jad-Bal-Rhun, his barely animated form saturating the carpeted floor with dark blood.

Flashing a fanged grin, the vampire said, simply two words, “A traitor.”

………………………………

Forenius’s first act as emperor was to summon all the great heads of the noble families, whose bitter infighting and vendettas had weakened his glorious land to the brink of collapse. It was they, who were descended from the great merchants and traders of old who held the power.

It had come in recent times that wealth and clout determined standing rather than valor or deeds on the field.

The way this particular crusader viewed things, the time for a change had drawn nigh.

A large mead hall had been set aside for the occasion and the barons summoned. Their entire families, servants, and staff waited upstairs in the lodging as they sat about a long oak table, debating and, as was their way in their petty greed, fought amongst themselves.

Not so much as a lull in the noise occurred in the room as the emperor entered, so little was their respect and so confident were they in their ill gotten power.

Advancing toward the center of the chamber, the king drew the hammer of his fallen comrade Cynyr and twirled it about for a second.

Without warning, he suddenly hefted the warhammer high and, with a loud cry, split the table cleanly in two, showering the assembled counts with splinters.

Finally, silence reigned over the area, as was proper in custom.

Pointing with the weapon, Forenius singled out a mink clad fool who cowered in the corner, his multiple chins shivering like some desert.

“You there!”

“M.. m…me?” He asked sheepishly.

“Yes. I must ask you, how many of you are there?” The soldier asked.

“Of me?” The fat one asked, glancing about, confused.

“Not of you, individually. Of you people. Of you covetous bastards that tear and rip at the very heart of this kingdom like a pack of rabid dogs?”

“I… I don’t know… Fifty seven?” He guessed.

Laughing, Forenius replied, “But you are a fool. My fief is ruled by morons and incompetents who can’t even count. There are but a great many more of you than that.

‘I am guessing that none of you truly know. There are too damned many of you. I shall take my leave of this coven of filth until you have a definite count and at least an inkling of an idea of how to bring unity to this land in its time of need. Summon me then.”

He turned and left, cloak flittering behind him. The large doors slammed shut securely and the bewildered rich men sat about, unsure of what to do.

Upon reaching the outside, Forenius took a short glance at Vitellus and ordered, “Seal the doors.”

“My lord?”

“Do not doubt me, old friend. Seal the doors,” The emperor repeated as he mounted his steed.

The doors were sealed and the general looked upon his ruler, uncertain.

“And, my liege, what of the barons?”

Forenius reached down and seized a lit torch. He tossed it upwards in a flaming arc that ended, bouncing upon the hay roof and igniting it like powder.

“Let them burn. For the love of my empire, let them burn.”

“And what of the state?” The wary weapons master asked.

“As of now, I am the state,” Forenius called over his broad shoulder as he rode away, bodyguard trotting along behind.

………………………………

The Lady stayed silent as the vampire explained how this troll had coordinated an entire revolution on his own, and had finally been apprehended, oh so conveniently by some of Damek’s own ghouls.

Uncertain whether to believe him, she pursed her lips and debated her various courses of action at this point.

She did not wish to offend her ally, as distasteful as he was, but she also did not wish to leave a potential insurrection unpunished.

Her vibrant green eyes locked with the pale yellow of the beaten troll’s and she exhaled slowly, worried as of to what her decision should be.

Abattoir Chapter 2!

Last edited by Jack_D.Mented on Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Starwalker

Items

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oooooooo, brake the troll to her will and use him for her own nefarious deeds.
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, normally the first ruler of a name isn't known as the first while still alive.

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Jack_D.Mented
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The key to that is "Normally".

Forenius is special. He kicks a** like that. Wink

Abattoir Chapter 2!
Jack_D.Mented
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poll should be up in a sec.

Sorry it took so long guys.

They've been workin my butt off here.

Abattoir Chapter 2!
Shogun
Respected Citizen

Topics: 0

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Torture her privately.
I've got no right to way, I'm just caught up all the battles

The Meaning Of Fear
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A great chapter, as always, Jack. Very Happy

I have voted for the 2nd option, in which then the situaion was turned into a tie.... Ooops. Wink

JezSharp
Respected Citizen

Topics: 31

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right ok, I'm going with torture until her will is broken but in private, seen as torture seems to feature rather heavily in the options list Smile .
Jack_D.Mented
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chapter 17- Dilemma

Jad-Bal-Rhun was beaten and bloodied, soiled from contact with the foul undead. He hacked and coughed, painful, broken things that were once ribs grating on frail, fleshy organs.

Lady d’Grorathia looked down upon him, her creamy skin shining in the pale moonlight that cascaded through the small chamber window.

Somewhere in the distance, church bells rang loudly, awakening a pack of wolves that howled mournfully at the dirty red moon that hung in the sky.

Damek stood thoughtfully over in the corner, smiling slightly, enjoying this show. His fangs glimmered with saliva, obviously aroused by the coppery smell that lingered from that day’s fighting like a vengeful ghost.

Several minutes passed in almost complete silence, as even the ghouls held almost completely still, not even uttering a single moan or sigh. But, finally, wetting her mouth with a sip of wine, the lady slid lithely from her divan, straightened her dress, and spoke.

“Jad, I believe it is?” She asked, leaning down a bit toward the kneeling creature that even now refused to tremble, to shake, or to express his agony in any way.

Staring stoically ahead as if he were watching something a thousand miles away, the troll responded, “Yes.”

Damek snarled, and flying across the room without so much as touching the floor, he struck the defiant beast across the face, knocking loose a few teeth and splattering the tapestries with dark blood.

“You will refer to her as your mistress, your lady, anything, as long as it shows the respect due to immortals from cattle such as you,” He shouted, punctuating this remark with a swift kick to Jad’s already fractured ribs.

Barely grunting, the battle tested barbarian would not allow this fiend the pleasure of his pain. He spat a stream of poisonous blood at the nosferatu, a few drops actually finding their way into his mouth.

The vampire seized his throat, and gagging, shook like a sickly old man. He doubled over and began to dry heave, attempting to regurgitate.

“You bastard!” He gasped between ragged breaths.

Jad-Bal-Rhun merely smiled with broken teeth, yet more claret oozing from his mouth and dripping onto his bruised chest. A slight laugh issued forth from the swollen maw as the vampire, stumbling, ejected himself from the chamber.

“We shall conclude this lesson later, my young friend,” The angered shade threatened as he pointed a long, crooked finger at his newest foe.

After the oaken door finally slammed, the female returned her gaze to the bleeding monster that waited upon her judgment.

“I see you are still strong of will, my soldier. And I have heard of your deeds and acts of heroism upon the field. I may still have use of you,” She offered, seeing the chance for yet another powerful ally.

“As long as you serve that unholy thing,” He responded, jerking his head toward the direction of Damek‘s departure, “I shall not serve you.”

“Really?” She asked with a girlish giggle. “I think that that obstinate resistance will surely melt after a few days in the catacombs.”

This elicited a reaction from the warrior, involuntary and momentary as it was, his blackened eyes widened and his jaw slacked in horror.

The catacombs were an unspeakable place of ancient evil, left behind many eons ago by a forgotten race, wiped from the planet by the gods themselves for their heretical ways and affronts against nature. To be bound there was to be subjected to the degradations of literally thousands of angry spirits that still lingered in that place of pain.

Smiling at the recognition of this name, the Lady gestured and snapped, “Take him away… to the alchemist’s hole, if you please.”

“W…w… what?” The stuttering savage asked.

Laughing, the d’Grorathia replied, “Don’t you find it odd that Josephus still fancies himself a scientist even after three thousand years of death? He hasn’t had an experiment in some time now. Let’s see what he creates from a source material rich as you.”

………………………………......

Larson stood upon the ramparts, contemplating the future, the past, and in general, all the things which had happened about him in recent times.

It was at this time that he heard light footsteps approaching in the distance. He turned, and beheld Valonia making her way to him, seeming to almost float amongst the stars. She was beautiful, as always, and for a second, he secretly wished for her to be his. But, she was not only a mainlander and not a barbarian like he, but she was a noble, the Emperor’s sister, in fact.

Raising himself from his thoughts, he made his way to her. Looking into her bright eyes, he felt something new, something he’d never truly known could be within him. It was almost like looking into the gates of heaven.

At the same time, both of them broke the awkward gaze, not knowing that each was thinking almost the exact same thoughts.

Valonia was the first to speak, eager to break the cumbersome silence, “I worry for my brother.”

Larson added to this statement, nodding his head, “As do I.”

“As of late, he seems brooding, dark, and…” As she contemplated what word to fill into that blank space, she unconsciously eased toward the half elf.

Cocking his head to look down at her, the bounty killer asked, “And, what?”

“I… I don’t know. I’m just frightened for him. I want to help him, but I feel the future he’s writing for himself is a dark one,” The lady explained.

“Every man writes his own destiny. But who’s to say his fate is to be yours?” Larson asked.

“Yes, but I feel that I too will have a tragic ending,” She whimpered.

Larson, almost without realizing it, wrapped an arm around her slight frame and lifted her gorgeous face up to his own.

He whispered, “Not every ending has to be tragic.”

And then, almost instinctively, their eyes closed and the two drew together for a kiss, which stretched from the light peck that it began life as to a heated, passionate embrace that ended with them staring breathlessly into each other’s eyes.

Valonia, in an attempt to regain her courtly bearing and composure, removed some of her hair from her face that was being tossed about by the wind and said, “We shouldn’t have done that. It was unseemly.”

Larson nodded, still speechless, trying to avert his attention to something, anything else.

It was all for naught, however, for his gaze was drawn to her like a magnet and as soon as they locked eyes, they locked lips once again.

Little did they know that Vitellus, glancing from within a high bastion, should glimpse this precious kiss silhouetted in the moonlight.

This development, heaped upon the seeming madness of his childhood friend, was nearly too much to bear. He threw upon himself an overcoat, rushed down the stairs and to the stables.

Saddling his light mount, usually used for baggage transport, he rode from the courtyard, passed through the iron gates and over the small moat, and into the countryside beyond, attempting to clear his head. He needed to think, to process his thoughts and allow recent events to settle in.

Finally, his mount tired and panting and the first violet streaks of dawn beginning to shine across the sky, he breaked for a small meal and some light meditation.

As he sipped from his flask and gnawed upon the strip of jerky that he’d brought with him, the knight tried his best to bring some understanding into his world.

He’d heard that crusading changed men, and this was none the truer than with Forenius, who was now wrathful and angry, quick to lash out with tigerish aggression.

He knew that it was his duty to inform his liege, his friend, of this forbidden romance which had blossomed before his eyes, but he knew far too well how protective the paladin was of his twin sister. This Larson was a good man and a benefit to the armies and their morale. It would be truly shameful to lose him due to an angry outburst from Forenius the First.

As Vitellus relaxed his mind and unwound his aching muscles, he began to pray to his god for a solution to this tiring dilemma. He had tried so hard to live his life as a good man with a nearly faultless moral compass but this problem was too much for he alone to decide upon.

Abattoir Chapter 2!

Last edited by Jack_D.Mented on Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
Jack_D.Mented
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What does Vitellus do, folks?

Up to you.

Hope you like the new chapter.

Abattoir Chapter 2!
JezSharp
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's an easy one - kill Forenius Smile . Then install his sister and Larson as King and Queen. Then you have a stable kingdom with good rulers. Of course he could just have Forenius thrown into a deep dark dungeon for ever on the grounds of insanity. Or find Forenius an endless quest across some distant mountain with unimaginably good rewards at the end. Whatever, he needs to find someway for Forenius to have an accident or to be permanently removed from ruling some other way as to have him kept in charge will ultimately lead to tradgedy and the downfall of the Kingdom. they may well win the war but in doing so will have installed a new tyrant at their head.

Anyway there's some initial thoughts on where it could go Smile .

Last edited by JezSharp on Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Topics: 340

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice chaper Jack.

Well, he could kill Larson or the sister too. Surprised

Er, otherwise speak to Larson, let him know what he saw and ask him what he intends to do about it.
The Meaning Of Fear
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don't me just get Larson to tell Forenius the First? I mean, Larson did save his life and all that. If FOrenius wants to kill Larson anyway, get Larson to challenge Forenius to a duel or something.

From Forenius the Paladin to Forenius the First and now maybe FOrenius the dead. Razz

JezSharp
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, perhaps he should tell Larson first,then let Larson confront Forenius. But then Larson might well end up duelling Forenius as Forenius will probably fly into a rage on hearing the news. I know duels are all the rage, battle of the strongest etc to decide who rules a kingdom but inreality a good Kingdom is ruled by a stable mind as much as brute strength. Therefore Forenius may well win (and probably will win) any such proposed duel and bring down the Kingdom in a reign of bloodshed if Forenius tells Larson - which could be fun butnot the best move for the Kingdom. If however he just arranges for Forenius to
Quote:
fall of the map
(quote is from Lords and Ladies, used by Jack I think...) it's much simpler and the much more likeable and sensible King and Queen can take over the throne.
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Topics: 340

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you mean :

Quote:
Fall off the map.

Wink
JezSharp
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woops, yes that would be the one Smile .
solus.serpen
Respected Citizen

Topics: 7

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
if Forenius tells Larson

i think you meant: if vitellus tells Larson.
i think someone should just kill forenius, don't know who - but it would make it better if he was dead Smile.

chapter 6 of DESTINY - a super old SG which won't continue...but there are a full 6 chapters if you feel like reading something with no ending!
Jack_D.Mented
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow... we're havin some good discussion on this one!!!

Awesome.

So... It's lookin like our poll options are...

1) Tell Forenius

2) Confront Larson/Talk to him about it

3) Attempt to Assassinate Forenius

4) Attempt to Assassinate Larson/Valonia

Sound good? Any more ideas? Did I miss anything? I'll probably post the poll tommorrow...

Abattoir Chapter 2!
Jack_D.Mented
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok.

Well, I gave it a day and seeing as there were no new ideas or suggestions, the poll is up with the mentioned options.

Hope you guys enjoy voting. When I get the chance, the next chappy will be on its way.

Abattoir Chapter 2!
The Meaning Of Fear
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voted for telling larson.

Quote:
Therefore Forenius may well win

I dont quite agree here, since Larson still has his amazing vampire powers. He could probably just go KAPOOMF and punch and voila, Forenius go bye bye.

Zeitgeist

Items

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kill Forenius, he has been alive for far to long. And anyway is not that the goal of the god of war? Side with him at this one junction, Kill the king, and praise be to the children of Larson.
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> The Archives All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8
Jump to: