Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
The Negotiator- Done!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> Stasis Hall - Completed or archived Storygames -> The Archives
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Topics: 173

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:12 am    Post subject: The Negotiator- Done! Reply with quote

This idea needs work before I post it as a storygame so here's a rough first chapter...please give me comments so that I can post it up fairly soon...
----------

The Negotiator.

Chapter One: Sanctuary

The energy that poured in off the crowd was exhilerating. They were pumped...he was stoaked, running off a pure energy high. It was like flying, no wait, nothing was like flying...but it was close. His heart was in perfect synch with the drums, the base running through his veins, the second guitar the knotted muscles under his skin...his moment.

Ky threw back his head, his voice a primal thing, soft as velvet, hard as iron, his own guitar roaring under his hands, asserting it's dominance over all comers. And then one last lung withering, lip blistering note...and it was over. The drums fell silent, the growl of the base died away, the second guitar slunk away, and his own strings stilled as his biceps quivered. Damn....

The crowd wanted more...but it was time to go...The club was closing and they all had better things to do. As they slowly filed out he turned back around to his band...well the house band. Ky was a drifter, going club to club on an elite circut, playing with whoever happened to take the stage with him.

Sometimes he was top dog, usually that is, but sometimes he was the shadow in the background. Tonight had been something though. He looked at the three guys behind him...new group from the east coast rumor had it...on the run from something gone bad.

But that was usual. Nobody came to Asylum if they didn't need to be here, nobody played the Sactuary cuircut unless they had to...nobody but Ky that is. He was a law unto himself, a human in a world where a human had no right to be. Take the other three members of the band...get them hungery enough and they wouldn't think twice about bleeding him out for a meal amazing jam sessions not withstanding.

The others were grinning at him as they left stage, flashing fang not from hunger but exhaustion. He smiled back at them and returned his mind to his own clean up effort. He liked the club at these moments, just after closing, just before opening...dawn and dusk. Mickey the were-rat was cleaning the last of his tables, Rufus and Brutus watching him just to make sure nobody took a swipe at him.

He chuckled. The staff at this club and the other two he played were all under the impression that he was vunerable, soft, and easy mark. He dared every patron of this dark and twisted place to take him on, all at once if they needed the courage booster. He might look human, act human, and smell human but the last thing Ky was was human. Still their protectivness touched him, like older brothers keeping the schoolyard bully at bay.

Suddenly the doors of the club burst wide open despite their hefty security locks. A girl, correction a woman, in poor shape came half running, half scrabbling like a wounded dog, across the floor in his direction. Rufus and Brutus tried to grab her yet somehow she managed to scoot out of their grasp and bolted up onto the stage, taking cover behind Ky.

"Sanctuary." She mumbled. Then, when he bent closer, she put her hands to the sides of her head and clutched it tight..."SANCTUARY!!" She screamed loud enough to shatter some of the stage lights and the glasses behind the bar.

Before he had much of a chance to examin the woman the doors burst open again, revealing a squad of five burly warriors, they couldn't have been anything else, that looked like they could crack walnuts between their eyebrows...not good. The one in the middle was obviously the leader...dead givaway in the Armani suit.

He made a snap-point gesture toward Rufus and Brutus that dispatched two of his guards to deal with them. Mickey had dissappeared at the first sign of trouble, and he doubted that the Asylum's other residents had heard much behind the reninforced steel vault doors that separated the club's buisness space from it's living space.

Slowly the other three crossed t he room to where Ky stood, guitar still in hand, in an obvious protective posture infront of the woman. The three came to a stop at the edge of the stage. It was obvious they didn't like haveing to look up at him to negotiate. He wasn't particularly happy he had to look down at them either.

"We want the girl. Hand her over human and nobody gets hurt." A head-jerk signeled the beefy guard on the left to reach forward for Ky, to shove him aside no doubt. Ky wasn't having none of that.

"Touch me and you'll die." The three warriors simply chuckled to themselves, stalled for a moment by the audacious assertion. Ky had some quick thinking to do...he wasn't going to blow his cover in the club...not for all the tea in china...so how was he going to handle this situation...?
---------

Okay guys, work your magic. I need answers and I know you have them so cough em' up for me...pretty please...

"Music makes you braver."

Last edited by Kalanna Rai on Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:17 pm; edited 11 times in total
Smee
Revered IFian

Topics: 166

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kalanna,

I like it a lot. Some great lines...

Quote:
"His voice a primal thing, soft as velvet, hard as iron,..."

"That looked like they could crack walnuts between their eyebrows"

Particularly liked those two Very Happy

If you want to know that it could make a storygame - certainly. A very interesting start.

But what to do next*

Can he get his guards to close the doors, and remove anyone who might witness him 'breaking his cover?' or is it even a secret from his guards?

If not, then just get the guards to distract them and make a run for it with the girl. Maybe wait in some dark alley somewhere and sort them out properly?

So is it Fantasy or Horror?

Happy Writing. Smile

*If you'll allow me to assume it is a storygame Wink
Shady Stoat
Elder

Topics: 76

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. The descriptions are great, the atmospherics are there, this is prime storygame material. Very Happy

As for what to do?

Step aside, let them take the girl - then, once they're outside and you're unobserved, follow them out and work your magic.

The girl will know what's beneath your cover, but the chances are she'll either be so scared she'll run a mile or so grateful that she's not going to tell - or deemed so hysterical that nobody would believe her anyway Wink
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah this is a deep dark secret Smee, nobody know's except all of us out here in IF...I'll P.M. Mauddib and get it moved A.S.A.P.

Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay they moved it! Okay peoples I need ideas on what Ky has to do...

LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Topics: 41

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, how did i miss this?

anyhoo, if keeping his secret identity is so important to him then maybe he should let them take her, and follow them at a distance

A Fronte Praecipitium a Tergo Lupi
Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Topics: 340

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed! Only just spotted this one.

Time to step outside methinks.
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys didn't miss it. It's been in the SGideas forum. I only got it moved recently, well I only noticed it was moved today...

Smee
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clapping Great choice for forum.

Not that I'm biased Wink
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it could have been a horror...but I was trying to stay away from gore with this one.

Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poll's up, vote now!

LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

voted for going at a distance

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:59 pm    Post subject: Chapter Two: Broken Savior Reply with quote

So they take it outside...
---------------

Chapter Two: Broken Savior

He wasn't given time to finish his thought. One of the big men next to the Armani suit let loose a punch that would have killed Ky had he been human...or had it even connected. Ky didn't even flinch as the punch was stopped a hair's breadth from his nose.

Suddenly the whole place was filled with light as the latent wards of sactuary flaired to life with a vengful brilliance. The resulting detonation blew the five muscle-bound jerks off their feet and sent them flying into the wall. Unfortunately Rufus and Brutus were at the bottom of the pile and they were knocked utterly senseless.

"Are you five fools? Did you honestly forget about the wards of sanctuary?" Armani suit was on his feet and dusting himself off. Slowly the others picked themselves off the floor and, once again in a line, advanced across the room again. "I see you didn't learn your lesson but let's take this outside before you blow the whole club sky high."

There was much raising of eyebrows amoung his opponants. "Bring the girl." Armani suit commanded. Slowly Ky reached behind him and sized the girl in a grip of iron. She struggeld to break it in vain, her eyes widening when she realized he was stronger than she. He put a finger to his lips.

"Shhh. I promise nothing bad will happen to you, you've got Sanctuary here, I promise." She sniffled once and then allowed him to drag her toward the exit.

Slowly he walked outside, his shoulderblades itching. He didn't like having opponants at his back...it gave them 'ideas' and he was then forced to take steps against their mistaken notions. They looked like normal people until they reached the ally at the side of the building. Two of the thugs blocked off one end, the other two rushed past Ky at what was 'supposed' to be 'blinding' speed. Personally Ky thought they looked alot like deepsea divers in raincoats but he kept his opinions to himself.

"Alright boy, hand over the salamander and nobody gets hurt." Ky deliberately placed himself between Armani suit and the sobbing wreck he wanted so desperately to get his hands on.

"First off the name is Ky recognize it?" Armani suit shook his head. "Pity. That means I have to explain things."

"The only thing that needs explained is that if you don't hand over the girl before I count to five you are going to need a grave." Ky gritted his teeth and willed his soul to be still.

"I'm obligated to warn you that you're in over your head. I'm going to give you one last chance to turn around and walk away."

"One...two..." Ky shrugged.

"Suit yourself." He looked to the sky that was rapidly growing light. The stars wept like broken angels as the light of day slowly killed their luminescense. In a deep voice he intoned, "The chance was given, the offer refused. I am not responsible for the outcome of foolishness."

The sky reverberated like a great gong and for the first time Armani suit looked nervous. He looked scared shitless a few seconds later when a great choral voice echoed in the empty air around them. "It is noted. Responsibility waved."

Ky cracked his kunckles and made a negligent gesture with his hands. The five thugs grasped their necks, eyes bulging, faces purpling, tounges protruding, as they slowly suffocated. One by one they collapsed to the ground where they suddenly turned into rapidly evaporating puddles of moisture as was the nature of all kraken. With an even and deliberate pace, Ky walked over to where Armani suit had once stood.

There on the concrete, was a pair of expensive sunglasses. Ky reached down and picked them up, settling them over his eyes with a slow deliberence. Even with his contacts in his eyes were bound to be a bit funny in apperance at the moment. Slowly he walked back to where the salamander huddled. "Who are you?"

He knelt beside her and placed a hand on her forehead. "Sleep. Sleep and remember not." Her eyelids fluttered as the confrontation in the alley was forgotten and replaced by some wild memory of Ky standing unscathed in the heart of a mighty wardfire.

A slender thread of golden light detached itself from a streelight to waft, like some irridescent metallic mist, to where he stood, cheast heaving as he sought control over himself. "Easy my son. You don't wish to reveal all so soon." The mist coiled around one of his arms and undulated soothingly.

"No mother. I am not some half-trained whelp to loose control over so slight an exercise as this. It's merely the closeness of the day and the recent use of my wards after so long a dry spell that taxes my paitence." Slowly the face of Ky's mother formed in the mist and for a long time she stared into her son's eyes.

"You try to reassure me but I know the truth my darling. This realm wears upon you. The shackles of your duty chafe your control. You grow restless and weary as do all who labor without respite. I cannot hide this from the others much longer and when they learn..."

"When they learn they shall seek to replace me. They shall seek to cast me away like some used plaything and leave the bargain unfulfilled." He trailed his fingers along his mother's cheek. "Fear not. I need only hold on for another three months and then my penance shall be lifted and I will be whole again."

"Yet they will not be fooled that long."

"Then I must not make a mistake. Even if they should learn my breaking point nears I must not allow circumstances to take me over that edge. They are not the only crafty ones." He smiled reassuringly. "But now mother I must take leave of you for if your touch lingers upon me when the sun rises..." He knelt and picked up the slumbering girl. "Goodbye mother."

The mist watched him for a moment, unaware she herself was watched. "Goodbye Ky." She sighed at his retreating figure.

He gently carried her back into the Asylum and locked the doors behind him. He knelt next to Brutus and Rufus, who were beginning to come around and motioned for them to follow him into the living quarters.

Down they went, past the first level where the few humans, aside from Ky, lived in. Down past the were levels, where his bodyguards left him, down past several other levels until he reached the one just above the abode of the vampires. Ky twisted the handle on an open room and uncerimoniously, dumped her on the bed, locking the door after he left.

He continued down, past the vampiers until he reached the bottom of the staircase. These were his private quarters. Most people thought that he liked to sleep separate from everyone because that was how he lived, and he was willing to let them think that.

He slid through a panel of solid rock into a chamber well appointed in a mideval style. He undressed and lay quietly on the bed. "Okay, it can happen now." Almost before the words had left his lips, the moment he relaxed his iron control, the spasams came.

The ripped through him, like epileptic convulsions or a grand mal siezure. His eyes, without their colored contatcts, were brillaint gold with slitted pupils, and they whirled endlessly in a hypnotic pattern. His hair bleached white, then a shade lighter than that, and strange patterns washed across his skin, which creeped and crawled as though something just under it struggled to get out.

His nails elongated into talons that shredded the fabric underneith him, and fangs burst from his gums to rip into his lips, causing blood to trickle from the corners of his mouth. Finally, able to take no more of the pain, as his spine cracked like a whip and his shoulders swelled and shrank, his soul loosed from his body and went wandering amoung the realm barriers.

Slowly he went at first, then faster, until he reached one barrier stronger than many others. He put one hand to it and called, sending the cry forth with all his strength. Then, like an apparition in the night air, she appeared on the other side of the barrier.

She held up her hand placing it so that it mirrored his on the other side of the reality. Lights danced like candles on an eathreal breeze. For a moment he wondered if it was all only a pain dream. Soon my love, my bargain will be fullfilled. Then my trials shall be over and we shall be one again.

Her smile was heartbreaking and the sheer sadness of it confirmed this was no dream but cruel reality. For this was not what dreams where made of, this was a horror beyond the cruelest nightmare. To be separated from the other half of his soul such was pain beyond mesuring.

Tread carfully Ky'Ril. I cannot think that my heart would last should yours cease to beat. I fade a little more everyday, pining in want for you and these half meetings are but half measure. They say tests of this kind make the bond stronger...but how much stronger must our bond become.

He wanted to comfort and reassure her but could not. Indeed his time was waining and he had to return. You knew when you chose a union with me that it would not be easy. Pairings such as ours are frowned upon but don't worry...the time shall be gone before you noticed it. You've waited so long that a little longer cannot do any more harm...

She said something but already he was being pulled back to where his body lay drenched in sweat but still in it's form. As he shrugged back into the heavy flesh of mortality he couldn't help but weep...so close....
---------------------

In the room at the end of the hall a few levels higher the salamander woman woke suddenly. The temperature plummeted. Her heart froze. Then cracked. Evil, great evil was stalking toward them. She knew, it was her gift and her curse, to know. She sprang to her feet, hands already unlocking the door...then she paused.

She remembered nothing of her journey into the heart of the Asylum, and she knew nothing about any of them...aside from her strange saviour Ky. But where would she find him and would he belive her? She'd been hurt so many times in the past yet she felt obligated to tell him of this impending danger. On silent feet she walked into the all and tested the air around her.

Locking onto Ky's scent she began to venture lower into the depths of her newfound sanctuary.
--------------------
What is this mysterious evil she is going to tell Ky about?

Shady Stoat
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very, very tough decision point, Kalanna! Shocked

What sort of evil is stalking her? Well, given the setting... and given that she is a salamander girl... I'd have to say something like a dragon or a demon. Possibly an army of them, coming to bring an end to civilisation as they know it. They're out to destroy the strongest threats to them, which leads them to powerful and magical people.

Then, when the world is weakened enough, they can bring about the chaos they desire. If I think of anything better, I'll be back, but like I said - this one's tough!
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe a newt? Seeking revenge for their missing eyeballs?

Ok, I'll come back with a better suggestion later.

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, something that bad indeed. Devils seem appropriate here!
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

votevotevotevoteVote Now!!!

LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mwhahahaha - It is I, Arch-Fiend of Pysonia, Lord of the 6th Realm...

Get you autographs now.

Voted, to create a tie.

Hang on - something bad's going to happen to me if I win isn't it Rai.

Damn

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kudos to catching on Lordy...but because you did I can't be too mean to you...double damn...

Araex

Items

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's gotta be devils... maybe the boss of Armani guy.
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:52 pm    Post subject: Chapter Three: Lord of the Night Reply with quote

Oh Lorrrdddyyyy! Hehehehehehe...
--------------------

Chapter Three: Lord of the Night

Ky heard her stealthy footfalls approaching, how could he not when they sounded like someone hitting a gong with a hammer. With a groan as pain lanced through his soul, he sat up and reached for the first thing he could find to put on. It was, unfortunately, a mideval style silk shirt. He sighed, the lace was too much.

It was almost more than he could do to phase through the wall and back into the landing at the bottom of the stairs. Quickly he unrolled his battered sleepingbag and shoved the battered canvass dufflebag under his head. Quickly propping the guitar case against the wall he sighed and closed his eyes...only to be awakened a moment later by a burning touch on his shoulder.

"Sorry to wake you...um Ky wasn't it?" He nodded, clenching his teeth against the pain. Her eyes sparkled with worry. "Are you okay? I mean you are only human and those ward lights were pretty intense." Again he nodded, not trusting himself not to scream.

She sat on her heels, absently chewing on the end of a strand of hair. "Well, you see, I'm a salamander and we're fire creatures but every once and a while one of us will be born with earth or wind abilities. I'm one of them. I can see the future."

He was close to passing out from pain and that, and the fact she was treating him like an ignorant fool, was making him irritable. "Good for you." He snapped. If he really wanted that extra pain he could too. For a moment she shifted nervously then she continued to elaborate.

"Well tonight I had a vision. I saw an ugly, terrible demon laughing as he burned this place too the ground. You tried to stop him but he struck you down."

"Fat chance." He muttered and she narrowed her eyes at him.

"You really don't look that well at all. I think that maybe you should go see one of the weres...don't they have healing powers or some such." He forced himself to sit up, completely abandoning his 'I'm okay' attitude.

"Look lady. Just give me your hand so I can read the vision for myself."

"You can do that!" He reached out and removed the false memories and she squealed in shock.

"I can do a hell of a lot more than you can when it comes right down to it but generally I stay out of it...and I'm not normally this rude so I appologize before hand for any more of the extremely rude comments I know I'm going to make but you'll have to excuse me. I'm in extreme pain here."

She looked at him with pity. "You're a mage arn't you, a human mage. I thought you were all gone." Mage huh? Worked for him. "My names Ferissa." She extended her hand. "And this is what I've seen."

Slowly, knowing exactly what it was going to cost him, he reached out to see this vision of terror that was strong enough to make Ferissa shrug out of the combination of his sleep command, weak as it was, and her own drug enduced fog. There was an electric shock as their fingers touched and he realized he was going to have to tread carefully with this one, she was 'perceptive'.

They wandered through Asylum, ignored by the many scurrying figures that were running or doing combat with myriad imps and lesser devils. In the center of the inferno stood a massive black demon with huge bat-like wings that swept the celeing. His multitude of porcupine like spines that created his hair around spade shaped ears were all aflame.

His skin was like cooled lava with red hot magma just benieth where you could see it under his pink spandex, his teeth wickedly pointed in a malicious grin, and his red eyes blazed with unholy joy as his massive claws caught up yet another combatant, a massive werebear, and rent it in half. His long spiked tail whipped around and destroyed everyone behind him.

Can no one challenge me! It was then that a blazing figure, blazing with light not fire, walked out of the malestrom. The red eyed demon turned to face him with mock surprise. Why Ky'Ril! What a shock to see you here! Well not really but I thought I'd say something corney like that anyway. Prepare to face your doom!

Ky only pointed and snickerd. The demon swept his tail at deadly speed toward the glowing figure. The demon paused. "Is pink my colour?" he intoned before finishing the sweep of his spikes. Ky jumped and evaded it nicely and the demon roared in rage, his pink spandex vanishing as flames erupted all over him. That was just for looks. NOW FOR YOUR DOOM!!!

He swept his massive claws again and again until Ky vanished benith the flames. The demon laughed in triumph. Teach you to snicker at my wardrobe for I am Lord of the Night!

The dream ended abruptly where Ferissa had woken. Ky was forced to double over and wrap his arms around himself to prevent the pain that was shredding through him from reaching the surface. He squeezed his eyes shut so Ferissa couldn't see the condition they were in. They had to be glowing by now.

"Hang on I'll go get someone to help!" She turned to race off when an iron grip encircled her wrist and wouldn't let go.

"No! I'll be fine in a few hours. You just go back to bed and we'll see each other after sundown." She stared at him, a hand over her mouth in shock. He realized with a mental slap that his eyes were open. "About the eyes...I can explain..."

"While you're at it you can explain how you're holding onto me and not charring to a crisp." He stared at her skin. It was glowing a brilliant golden color, like a thousand candles and was just as hot too. Salamanders tended to do that when nervous or alarmed.

He mentally slapped himself again then was forced to stop as pain, a renewed attack, charged through each of his nerves like lightning. At this rate he wasn't going to be able to hold himself together and yet Ferissa was way too close to finding out who he was. At the memory of his beloved a silver tear tracked down his cheek.

"Please, for the love of all things sacred, forget that this night ever happened. Leave dealing with Lord of the Night to me but forget the rest. The alley, the wards, the dream-sharing, and this..." His voice broke as pain laced through him again.

Ferissa stood there staring at him for a moment. Ky had saved her, she owed him that, and he was willing to deal with the demon, however he could, yet somebody should know about this right....
---------------
What should Ferissa do?

LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What should Ferissa do? What should Rai do would be a more accurate question - and the answer is run very, very fast.

Pink Spandex - I ask you.

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Shady Stoat
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*grins* Poor lordy. First a plushy-kitten, now a pink spandex-wearing demon!

I think she should try to persuade Ky to let her work with him. Point out that the dream came to her and she could be useful in future. She won't want to be left out in the cold. She is a salamander girl, after all Smile
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And don't forget Cryms has promised something nasty as well. Everybody hates me. *sniff*

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Araex

Items

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funky chapter...

Well, it seems clear we have to stay near him - after all, it was our vision. The gods want us to help him.

Short-term? No idea... perhaps we should find a corner to curl up in for the night, and then go talk to him?
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if you don't like the spandex you would have hated my first idea...and you can blame Stoat for that just ask her why...

Shady Stoat
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lordy can call it payback for the stoat stew comment Razz
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't make that until afterwards.

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice chappy! I am catching up now, so more later.
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ye should be voteing now...yarg!

LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voted.

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject: Chapter Four: A Discussion On Gods Reply with quote

Okay I know it's a sharp turn-around but I need to get moving...
---------------------

Chapter Four: A Discussion on Gods

Ferissa knelt and gently wiped away the tear. "Don't worry Ky. I can trust you with my life you'll have to trust me with yours...or your secrets at least." Was it a trick of the light or was his flesh trying to rearrange it's self? "However, I hope you realize I have no intention of running off and crying in a corner. The god's sent me this vision..."

She was startled by his harsh bark of laughter. "Gods! Don't speak to me about Gods!" He pulled himself into a sitting position and stared directly into her eyes, and gods help her those eerie golden eyes wouldn't let her look away. "The Gods," he said the word with the same rancor someone would have for rotten meat. "with the exception of the Goddess of Light, are a bunch of children. Eternally squabbling over who has this right or that right. When was the last time someone called on a god and was answered."

She flushed hot and shook a little. Who was Ky that he could be so impudent and without fear. But she did muster the courage for a retort. "Every time a grievence too severe to be settled amoungst ourselves arises we call for a Gathering. There the leaders speak their quarrel and the Negotiator solves the problems. Is not the Negotiator a god?"

For a moment Ky debated telling her he had no clue but Ferissa wasn't stupid. Ky didn't seem like the kind of man who'd miss picking up knowledge about someone like the Negotiator...but he wasn't going to tell her just how much he did know.

"Alright, I'll give you that one. The Negotiator is a god but he dosen't come when you call you must go to him...or at least you must go to the Hall. What you're talking about, when the Gods actually give help when called upon, that's called an Intervention not a Negotiation."

"A technicality..." Ky smiled then fought back a wave of nausia.

"God's are as bound by technicalities as we are. Otherwise why do they choose to live outside mortal bonds? Surely you've heard of the trouble that is spawned when a God and a mortal pair?" Ferissa stared at him blankly.

"Do you mean that old myth about the Goddess of Light and the Dragon Lord Lisril Keenblade? But...I thought...all was well? She bore two children, sons both, and they were marked as gods so Lisril gave his lordship to another with the promise that his sons would wed the new lords daughters...happy ending right?"

Ky shook his head...Happy ending? The girl's either still high or she's read one too many romance novels. "The tale dosen't end there unfortuantly. The Goddess of Light had other children remember...full god children..." Seeing her blank look Ky sighed. He was going to have to tell her the whole story...and not where others could overhear.

Slowly he forced himself to stand, even though it felt like he was peeling his skin off in individual layers and wringing his organs. Ferissa silently aided him and he nodded his mute thanks. "Hold tight and don't worry if anything strange happens."

"You mean like your muscles trying to rearrange themselves, they're doing that now." Ky sighed.

"I know and it hurts," he gasped as a spasm shook him. "Alot, now come on before I totally fail on you." He put his hand on the wall and they slowly seeped through it. Ferissa gasped at the room on the other side but said nothing, merely helped Ky to the bed where he lay down, eyes closed. "Now I think I'll tell you the story from the beginning."

His voice was a faint, painfilled whisper, yet it still painted images on her mind. "Long ago, before this world drew it's first breath, there was the Goddess Of Light, Ay'Zlae Dawnsong. And she was alone in the universe without any world or kin to call her own. She wandered for many ages amoung the barriers of the worlds, able to reach into any she chose, but unable to live within them."

"Why?"

"It's a mystery my friend. A mystery as in the answer is out there but I cannot tell it to you...it is forbidden." Ferissa wanted to ask why but already Ky had moved onto another part of his story. "One day, as the Ay'Zlae sat weaping by a world barrier, a voice came from the other side asking her why she wept. Because I am lonely. For a moment the being thought and then the wall shimmered and it crossed into the place between worlds.

Then I shall comfort you. Until that moment the Ay'Zlae had no shape, needing none but that of a lightray, yet now staring at the creature in front of her she found it's shape pleasing and bent her light into that form. It hardened that way, keeping that form as her own forever, even though she could bend it into others."

He coughed a bit, telling the tale was taking it out of him. "Fair lady my name is Lisril Keenblade and I am the Dragon Lord. Many times in the past have I thought I heard your weaping, yet never before could I find the source. Many nights did I trouble over this problem and now, at last, I think I have found a solution. You need not be lonely if I never leave your side.

For a long time they wandered together in the place between worlds, becoming first friends then lovers. One day, long after their courtship had ended, Ay'Zlae bore two strong sons unto the Dragon Lord. The eldest," here Ky paused. "The eldest was called Soulblade and the youngest called Vy'Diril Shadowspine. Lisril was overjoyed for now he had two strong sons to rule after him.

Yet all was not well. There was a power in the place between worlds, a power that had watched and waited ever since the Ay'Zlae first woke within that place. It had never spoken, never heeded her sobbing nor dried her tears...yet it would claim her heart all the same. So it stole unto her and gifted her with four children, seeking to out do it's rival."

"But..." Ky glared at her and she sunk back into silence.

"Now you must understand, as powerful as Lisril was, as immortal as he was, he would still die one day. This made his sons demigods only, not true gods as their mother was. The four children the power had gifted upon her were true gods, full blooded and mighty.

The eldest was her first daughter, Fy'Sysae Firefang whom is your god no doubt, followed by Sy'Quae Tidetalon, Py'Gyiae Stonescale, and the single son Ly'Srril Windwings. These four consumed Ay'Zlae's time, always showing her what bit of magic they could do that her other son's could not.

Then there was the trouble within Lisril's own lands. The dragons didn't want to be ruled by a demigod, no matter how charming and polite. A ruler that never died was bound to become short with his ever changing subjects. Thus it was that they gave Lisril the option. He could give up his crown or he could become an exhile. He willingly gave up his crown...but in doing so gave up much of his power. The next time he tried to cross the barrier between worlds, the nameless power trapped him within it until he died."

For a moment Ky was unable to go on, choaking down the pain. When he could continue tears stood in his eyes. "Ay'Zlae went into mourning and the sun stopped shining. At first the dragons wept and wailed to the Goddess and her full god children...to no avail. They would not heed their cries. So they turned unto Lisril's yopngest son and beseeched him to lift the darkness.

Vy'Diril laughed in their faces. I am the lord of darkness! Wherever the night lingers or the shadow falls, therein lies my kingdom and all who there reside are my subjects. Bow before me!" And he drove them cruelly with whips of darkness and night haunts until they submitted.

Save for the new Lord's daughter. She alone had resisted Vy'Diril's ugly compulsions and fear and went in search of his brother. Soulblade wasn't easy to find. Many years before he had withdrawn to seclusion after his powers became...difficult."

"How! What do you mean difficult?"

Ky smiled. "Soulblades powers were those of spirit and soul. Every creature slain called out to him from the place of its death and trailed at his heels like some dog finally having found it's master. The living found him irrisistable, a constant source of strength and hope. Their minds and deeds cried out to him and he could not shut them out. And that knowledge of them stood in his eyes, unhidden from their veiw. They came to revile and hate him for not disguising the truth and spurned him at every turn.

Thus he had retreated from them, lest they decide to do more than drive him away. When night had fallen it had troubled him not, as a brilliant aura of spirit-light surrounded him always. It was that light that guided the new Lord's daughter, Vyrriandi Noblecrest, to him. She landed and opened her mouth to speak...and found she needed not.

Soulblade knew already what was needed, why she had come, and when she looked into his eyes she found no reason to look away. Indeed it was love at first sight, a bonding of souls, as is uncommon amoung dragons. While a dragon might spend all it's long life searching for it's soulmate, it has only a slender chance of finding it. But when they do they'll move mountains to stay next to their beloved's side."

"Oh," Ky nearly puked. One too many romance novels indeed.

"Soulblade needed no urging. Now that he knew what had befallen his father, he too mourned, and he used his powers to slip through the barrier between worlds and go to his mother's side. While her other children made snide, waspish, jibes at his expense he comforted his mother, dried her tears, and moved her to bring light back into the world. Thus he became his mother's favorite.

When the light returned Vy'Diril's rule was overthrown. Yet the dragons knew he'd become a vicious enemy so they promised him Vyrriandi as his mate. When news reached Vyrriandi and Soulblade she begged her father. Soulblade had restored the light so shouldn't the eldest daughter go to him while her younger sister was wed to Vy'Diril? The dragons were split of mind so they sent the Lord to seek the gods.

Now Ay'Zlae's other four children were jealous of Soulblade. They sought amoung the other worlds, one suitable for their plans, and into it they placed creatures of their own making. Salamanders, kraken, were-creatures, and wraiths. They baide their mother come see what they had done and she was apalled and sent in the angels but to no avail.

Their creature warred with one another in the world and were tearing it apart. Ay'Zlae baid her elder sons to come set things to right. Vy'Diril, the sting of his defeat and the uncertainty of his marrage to Vyrriandi festering in his soul, decided that the best way would be to fight force with force and he created the vampyer and sent the demons loose on the world.

Before Soulblade's chance though the Dragon Lord arrived and sought the question of the gods. Ay'Zlae was about to answer when Sy'Quae spoke up. Our noble brother has things to do in other worlds, surely he wouldn't mind if your daughter wed his younger brother? The others clamored agreement, save Soulblade who's brow had darkened."

Ky was fading fast, yet he had to finish the tale now that he'd started it. "Ay'Zlae sensed some mischief afoot and knew that she must prevent it. She brought Vyrriandi to where they had gathered and asked the young dragoness which brother she would rather have and why.

My lady I would have the lord Soulblade as my mate, not because he banished the darkness from my world, or because he is eldest. No it is simply because I can meet his eyes and not be ashamed of myself, not have to degrade myself in his presence. It is because I love him.

And none needed ask if Soulblade loved her in return, the answer was in his eyes. Seeing that he was about to lose the decision Vy'Diril jumped up and said. "Ha! You've had more time with my brother than with me. I'm sure that if you spent time in my company you might come to feel differently.

Yes mother and Soulblade must do something about the world we've fouled. Besides she is mortal and he is clearly more god than mortal, unlike his brother who is swayed by simple mortal pursuits. Fy'Sysae was cunning but it was Ly'Srril who was devious.

The solution is simple. We shall test Soulblade to see if he can be trusted to remain mortal enough and see if the bond between them is enscorcelment or true love. He shall barred from his major powers and be sent unto that world, called Earth, to bring peace. Vyrriandi shall return with Vy'Diril to the Dragon realm and shall there spend every day in his company. If Soulblade summons not his greater powers and Vyrriandi shows no interest in Vy'Diril then they may be united when the task is complete.

With so much support behind the idea, and the unfair fairness it flaunted, Ay'Zlae could not help but agree, dooming her eldest son and his mate. And that is your happy ending for you..."

With that Ky passed out, sweat drenching his pillow, to sleep at last. Ferissa chewed her hair for a moment then quietly tried to leave. Yet there was no way out save the way she had come and Ky wasn't about to wake up.

She thought about the legend he'd told her, it was nothing like the other versions she'd heard. He'd practically told her that Soulblade was the Negotiator...or was he? Her head hurt from pondering too many questions and from coming down off her high.

She found some spare blankets and cusions to make her night comfortable and lay down to sleep. As she dozed off she thought of a question she had to ask Ky in the morning...
------------------
What's that question.

Shady Stoat
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the background. That's a really good chapter, Kal Cool

As far as I can see, the obvious question is "How do you know all this?"

I'm assuming she hasn't yet guessed the truth. If she has, the questions should be "How can I help?"

Obvious, and maybe a little trite, but in times like this, it's the obvious questions that come out Very Happy
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Vy'Diril laughed in their faces. I am the lord of darkness! Wherever the night lingers or the shadow falls, therein lies my kingdom and all who there reside are my subjects. Bow before me!" And he drove them cruelly with whips of darkness and night haunts until they submitted.

He sounds like me - maybe there's some relation? Or is it merely another name...

And I F5 Shady's plan - a WTF? moment coming up.

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes there's a connection between you and Vy'Diril Lordy...but more on that later...

And yeah there's a serious WTF moment coming...one that could tip the entire outcome of the story...but again more on that later...

Smee
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very interesting chapter. I'm liking this story.

Happy Writing Smile
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you like it Guildmaster but between you, me, and anyone else who's reading this...the complications that are starting to arise with my basic plotline are giving me a headache....

Smee
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feel free to start a thread in the guild with some detail of your problems with the plot. Maybe we can help.

You can even make it an official discussion about your story if you'd like.

Smile
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just might do that...

Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vote if you dare...

What's her decision?
Leave him alone?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Go see him?
100%
 100%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 1
Who Voted: Lilith

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> The Archives All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: