Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
Tales from BSA Troop 88 -- Final chapter posted
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> Stasis Hall - Completed or archived Storygames -> The Archives
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Ingrothechundyer

Items

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:38 am    Post subject: Tales from BSA Troop 88 -- Final chapter posted Reply with quote

Introduction

Welcome to my experimental story game Smile. This is written for fun and is meant to be funny. Suggestions and constructive criticism is very welcome (as is a nominations for SGOTM if this turn our right Wink ).

Standard disclaimer that should be applied throughout the story… Some of the stories are taken from things that I have been involved in or heard about firsthand but names and blatant identifying details have been changed and a liberal does of artistic creativity applied. Some characters (such as Scout Master (SM) Bob) don’t even exist in real life (I doubt you would recognize the real SM from the story).

Since some of the events told here really happened there is a chance that you will discover who the author really is. Feel free to come say hi at the scout meeting if you do Very Happy

Ok all that out of the way let me introduce you to a good friend of mine Scout Master Bob here all the way from Georgia. A very kind middle aged gentleman with a heard for boys. He has done a remarkable job keeping the boys in Troop 88 alive and in good health.

Thanke *squelch* kindly for the fine intreduction *squeal*. Ive heard *squeal*
** Wait this is a text story. I’ll fix that mike even if the sound people can’t fix it for me **
tell that this ere is a meeting of some very creeaative city slickers that make up stories for fun. Weeeel Ive some veery intresting stories myself. Whey if ya’ll hadn’t been there you wouldn’t have beeleeeived what Jimbo did.

Why he
** 4 pages removed to speed up this intro (But saved for later use) ** and that theres the truth.

But Ive heard city folks like ya’ll have a saying that truth is stranger then these your made up stories so i’l give you a run for your money ere.

** 3 pages of rambling about truth vs. fiction removed so we can get on with the stories**

and I’ll bet that ya’ll wont be able to tell. So this ere’s what I’m gona do. Ill tell several true stories and some tales about Troop 88 and ya’ll will tell me if there true or not. Should be easy for folks as smart as ya’ll.

Rules:

There will be a poll for each chapter with two options. Fact or Fiction. If the majority correctly vote for what the story is the round will go to you. If not it goes to SM Bob.

Round results will be updated here in the intro. In addition there will be several options that can be chosen for what the next story is about. Since I can only do one poll I will count the written opinions for these. Stories will be told by various characters besides SM Bob and will contain the subject the majority wants. I reserve the right to break ties however I want.

Now back to SM Bob with the choices for Chapter 1.

Now folks I’ve been told to make this quick so chose one of these four words.
torch
pig
crap
fish

Round results:
SM Bob : 3
Voters : 4
Draws : 2

Last edited by Ingrothechundyer on Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:40 pm; edited 16 times in total
Smee
Revered IFian

Topics: 166

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds a great idea. Shocked Very Happy

I vote PIG. Smile

Happy Writing. Smile
Shady Stoat
Elder

Topics: 76

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea. I'm in! Very Happy

"Fishhh, my precious!"
jnmrcs
Builder

Topics: 6

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pig...

Interesting story...
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Topics: 339

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pig!
Ingrothechundyer

Items

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chapter 1: PIG

Ok I see three votes for pig so I’m here we go. SM Bob would you please tell us a story about a pig?

I’d be glad to. Wall this ere trip was one of my ones with T88 as a SM and so of course was very memorable for me. January of course is always cold ere in the south so we loaded up our tents and sleeping bags and made sure everyone had a 50 degree minemum and headed off to the Winter Camporee. Wall it was a stormy night so we pitched tents and played games till leven then got everyone together and eaded off to a ceramony called the “lighting of the flame” to kick off the camp.

Bein Georgia in January of course we had a sleet storm and not everyone had ponchos but that’s fine cause it’s the south. edin off to ceremony I found that the host troop was roasting a pig for all us adult leaders. Standing under the shelter we had a reeeal education on how to cook a pig. They put a tarp over it and made sure to pick it up off the ground whenever it fell off the pit.

It was there I learned that you put the pig on a rusty sheet of metal to hold it off the coals. Why the heat from them there coals kept all of us toasty warm under the shelther with the other adults and the scouts from the host troop. The scouts loved watching the pig roast and eagerly gathred round the coals tring to learn how to do it themselves. I don't think I've seen them so eager to learn something new since.

We ate chili while we waited for that pig to finish cooking and I was suprised when the host troop said that they gave up. Why that pig had to be nearly done and it looked so tasty.

The ceremony was incredible when we watched the host troop's scoutmaster light the lantern. The twenty three wasted matches was a brilliant stroke of genius. After we got back to camp I was surprised when all the scouts went to bed.

I’ll tell you what. I was woken up at two in the morn by Big Joe
(one of the assistant scoutmasters [ASM]) lighting his heater to “warm up a freezing scout”. Can you belive it! There was only an inch of sleet on the ground outside and everyone knows you don’t freeze in the south. By four in the morn all the troop was taking turns coming into my tent to warm up! How’s a person to sleep with all that racket and boys pushing and shoving?

There were so many complaints I took them out of there as soon as it was light enough to pack up our tents. I made the minemum rating on them bags 10 degrees.

Thanks you SM Bob.

I have asked scout Ben to tell us about this trip in his own words.

Thank you for the chance to tell you’ll about my first camping trip Smile.

It looked like it was going to storm but I’ll tell you what. The first thing I did when it started to sleet was crawl into my nice warm sleeping bag and try to go to sleep. I woke up to SM Bob getting us all up to go to some ceremony. I wasn’t happy about getting out into the sleet with only a poncho but SM Bob said it was important.

We got to the ceremony only to discover that we first had to watch a pig roast. Only the adults could eat it and it was still sleeting and I was freezing but I still had to stand out in the sleet with all the scouts in my troop huddling around this cinder block thing filled with coals trying to avoid the pig when it rolled at us. By the time they gave up on cooking the pig we were all soaked. The pig was a still raw but covered in dirt and no-one was interested in eating it. Talk about a disaster!

Then we had to watch the “lighting of the flame” which was some stupid ceremony that the guy trying to light the stupid propane lantern couldn’t get his match to light because of the extremely strong wind and the sleet. When he finally got the thing to light we were told that was it and we could go play.

Man I was glad to get in my nice warm sleeping bag! Around twelve-thirty I woke up and found the inside of my sleeping bag was iced over as well as my wool army surplus blanket I brought so I would have plenty of warmth. I re-built the fire and tried to warm my blanket to cover my back while I warmed my front. The wind was horrible and it wouldn’t stop.

Big Joe had brought one of those huge 14 person family tents and all the adults were staying in it. He must have heard me trying to get warm because he invited me in to warm up and got his heater going. I don’t think I’ve ever felt anything so good in my life. About 10 minutes later scout Jimbo come in because had forgotten which tent he left his sleeping bag in before going to the ceremony and was very glad to get warm.

He said he wasn't wearing his shoes cause he couldn’t tie them as his laces were frozen. I sure was glad I could put mine on to help warm up my feet.

As we got closer to 6 o’clock we had more scouts come and had to take turns being in the nice warm tent and being outside shivering waiting for our next turn with the heat.

When it got light we all packed up and got in the nice warm vehicles and went to SM Bob’s house.

Thank you for sharing with us Ben. Now while Ben was talking I asked SM Bob exactly how cold it got and he told me it got down to 7 degrees Fahrenheit at a nearby city but the exact temperature at the camporee was unknown.

Now SM Bob would you give us the next set of choices for next weeks story?

I sure will.
cold
bomb
fish
Summer Camp
Shady Stoat
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll go for 'fact'. You never can tell though... Wink

And for me, it's got to be 'Summer Camp'. Very Happy
Smee
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted Fact.

And I would like to hear cold next. Smile
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Topics: 339

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me 2
jnmrcs
Builder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted fact, too.

I preffer the summer camp, it sounds interesting.
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Topics: 41

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'd say go for bomb, and i voted fiction

A Fronte Praecipitium a Tergo Lupi
Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
D-Lotus
Venerable IFian

Topics: 103

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Summer Camp! Very Happy
Sorrow_A

Items

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bomb. It HAS to be the bomb.

I mean, where are you going to fine a bomb in the South? All they have at Fort Benning (Georgia) are RIFLES. How boring is that? And then they have the cannon goin' off at 5 o'clock every evening and *blah blah blah*
Hyperion

Items

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bomb! Sorrow, I've seen you before, in another forum. I recognise the avatar. I'll say fiction, then vote fact.
Ingrothechundyer

Items

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm we seem to have a tie...

Summer Camp
-------------------------------------------
Shady Stoat
jnmrcs
D-Lotus
Total: 3

bomb
lordofthenight
Sorrow_A
Hyperion
Total: 3

cold
Smee
Total: 1

I'm shooting for a Wensday release so if were still tied by Monday I'll break it and you'll find out what the result was when the story is released Wink
Ingrothechundyer

Items

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok it appears we still have a tie on what word goes next so I'll break it somehow myself and start working on the story today.

The Fact or Fiction poll should run till Wensday.
Suneila

Items

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the idea Ingro, sorry I'm a little late. I voted for fiction. Your shoelaces don't freeze at only 7 degrees. Of course, it could be fact 'cuz Georgian kids might be whiny (I don't know I've only ever met 3 kids from Georgia). 7 degrees is nothing anyway. Where I come from, we have days of minus 40 and the average temperature in January is somewhere around -13 degrees Fahrenheit. Whiny georgian kids Wink

~sunny
Ingrothechundyer

Items

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok thank you all for listing and your votes. I'm trying to leave the poll open for a week so folks can vote even if they only log on once a week Smile

For the Fact or Fiction round the final score was Fact 7 Fiction 3.

The story was actually fact. 50 degree sleeping bags and 7 degree weather don't go together very well at all. The shoelaces (and some shoes) actually did freeze solid (something about being outside with freezing rain pouring down on them during the night). I saw at least 8 pairs of them on that trip.

7 degree weather is no problem if you’re prepared but on this trip for the majority of the troop it was our first cold weather camping trip and the low was supposed to be around 25 (which we still weren't prepared for).

It’s defiantly one of the most memorable trips I’ve been on and one of the worst too. At some point I’ll probably be posting round two of this story (possibly after a fictional version to keep you guessing).

Honestly if I had it to do over this would be one of the few trips that I would skip. It was miserable and the second night at the SM’s house while fun didn’t make up for how miserable this trip was. My start in scouts was rough and I was seriously considering dropping out after this trip. Being picked on and made fun of by the other scouts and my best friend dropping out didn’t help.

I’m glad I decided to stay in as I have and many fun trips that more then make up for this one. Being out in cold weather while not prepared for it is not something you want to do. If you are prepared it can be a blast Very Happy

Round one goes to the voters and now we go on to my canned post prepared for publishing when the poll was deleted Wink

We had a tie between Summer Camp and bomb and on the tiebreaker of a coin flip Summer Camp won.

So SM Bob would you please tell us about one of your trips to Summer Camp?

Wall now I recon I should tell ya’ll about my first time going to Summer Camp as the new Sccout Master for Troop 88. Ya’ll know of course that I was on staff for many years prior but I haven’t been for a while. Checkin went smoothly cause one of the ASMs did records in the army and makes sure all ours are done right.

Anyway this ere summer we went up and it was pourin down outside. Not that it’s odd for it to pour a lettle in the afernoon at this ere camp.

but this ere rain was eavy and wouldn’t stop. It was orrible.

Thanks for your contribution Jimbo but now back to SM Bob’s story…

So as I was saying we started eading off to our camp we all got to bring out our ponchos and pack our stuff in the tents. A great chance to learn how to deal with a leetle rain storm

We had to hike a long way in the ouring rain and it was no fun. Then we had to steal mattress for alf our bunks from the shelter by the road. We aint close to the road neither.

Wall this ere storm kept a blowin and a blowin and for long I erd somethin that sounded like the canon.

Wall I knew mergency procedurs by eart avin been on staff so long and so listened to see if ere would be more. If ere were three we had to get everyone in camp and do a head count. Sure enough we erd a second echo. Then a third echo came to my ears. The boys were so excited to be able to be in the middle of a real emergency they crowded around.

We all erd the cannon and since some of us read the emergency procedures we all knew what it meant and that they won’t tell us what’s going on.

Wall anyway as I was saying that staff runner showed up and told me that ere was a tornado blowing through and we had to get in a ditch. After the runner left we all went to bed knowing how them weathermen can’t tell an tornado from a little rainstorm.

It was cool. While veryone else were hiding in ditches we got to hang out under the camp tarp playing cards. SM Bob and the other ASMs were probably the only ones asleep that night.

We could hear all them trees crashing down around us through the nigh and some of the scardy scouts went and hid in the creek. The next morning

We woke up early and found trees down all round camp. It was incredible that ere wasn’t enough noise to wake anyone up but all the scouts were sound asleep in their tents. Well the camp wasn’t too badly damaged and when they got all them poor sleep deprived scouts who had to spend the night in the ditches up we woke up all our scouts from their sound nights sleep and got them on their regular program.

Thank you SM Bob and Jimbo for taking the time to tell us about your first summer camp trip.

Now SM Bob please give us the words for next weeks story.

Glad to.
bomb
girls
rowdy
honor
Shady Stoat
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Undecided on this one. I'll pick... fiction. Very Happy

And I think we should go for rowdy. It sounds like fun - in a sinister kind of way Smile
Suneila

Items

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went with fiction too, 'cuz 'parently I don't know anything about scouts in georgia. so I took a wild guess.

I also wanna here the rowdy one.

~sunny
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i sispect it is fiction as well - camping out in a tornado?

i am going to go for bomb again though

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Ingrothechundyer

Items

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voting is closed on the next subject. Rowdy won.

Fact or Fiction voting is still open Smile
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

argh, why doesn't anyone else like bombs?

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
jnmrcs
Builder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will go for fiction too.
Ingrothechundyer

Items

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright good job voters you were correct again the story was fiction Smile
I’ll put up the new poll when this one gets deleted.

Now back to the story…

SM Bob would you please tell us something about “rowdy”?

I would be happy too. Wal you know you would think that every group of boys would be perdy much the same. You ave your trouble makers and those that don’t want no trouble. But that aint the case with Troop 88. Why one year we nearly got throwed out of Summer Camp because our boys called the canoeing instructor names.

He asked us to!

Suneila do you want to tell this ere story or can I finish.

You never believed the true story so let me tell it. We had a canoeing instructor by the name of Hyperion but with a name like that he much preferred his nickname fish. All 22 of us were in his fourth period class (right after lunch) along with two scouts from another troop. We had a black kid by the name of Smee in our troop at the time (he was a real cutup and loads of fun to be around) and for some reason fish decided that he didn’t like our troop.

We asked him if we could change his nickname to a kind of fish as we didn’t like just plain fish. He agreed and so we tried out different nicknames. Carp, Bass, Snapper, Guppy, etc… None of them sounded quite right and he continued to express his growing dislike towards us while instructing us about how to use the canoes. It got to so bad that we went back to camp and tried to find the perfect nickname for him that fell within his rules.

Wednesday morning was a bright sunny day and marked the halfway point through camp. The staff came marching in to flag raising singing there song as usual and we all did a one two three Hi (our new nickname for him). It was obvious that he heard us as he stopped marching and half the staff in front of him turned and stared back towards fish.

When any of us passed him on the road we made sure to yell hi including his nickname nice and loud so he could hear us. It was weird but every time we said “Hi” he just got madder and madder.

Wednesday was the day we swamped the canoes so when fish said to tip half the canoes over and paddle the use our partners canoe to right ours we made sure to yell “yes and our new nickname for him” so all the waterfront could hear. He was so mad he yelled for all of us to swamp ours so we did. All of us swamped all of our canoes. You should have seen his face.

He got all red and started yelling that he told us who could swamp and who couldn’t. We told him that he said for us all to swamp so we all followed directions except for him. Jimbo and four others decided he was having trouble swamping so they helped fish swamp his canoe. That stopped the yelling.

Why fish got so mad at us that he told us he was going to get us kicked out of camp. We made sure to say hi to him every opportunity we got. Well he just got madder and madder till Friday SM Bob talked to all of us and said that we had to stop calling fish by his new nickname. He said that fish and talked to the camp director and SM Bob was barely able to talk him out of throwing us out of camp.

Folks in case you’re wondering why Hyperion got so mad about his nice shiny nickname I’ll tell you what it is. Wellll actually try to guess for now and I’ll tell ya’ll next week if I remember. If you want a hit it was a kind of fish.

For ya’ll who guessed correctly and wondering how I was able to keep those boys from being thrown out of camp…

Well lets just say that Hyperion was calling Smee some names because he was black and mentioning that fact provided enough justification in the camp directors eyes that the boys weren’t thrown out.

But he also said that there can’t be more then 8 in any class in the future.

Thank you for sharing that story SM Bob. For those of you who don’t want to wait I’m putting the nickname here in small text. Don’t read it until your ready to find out what it was Smile crappie

SM Bob would you please give us words for next week?

appy to.
Cold
Bamboo
AT
Cooking
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol - very good

i say go for AT next

cause i can't think what you're going to do with that

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Shady Stoat
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*giggles* I cheated and looked. Naughty naughty scout troop! Wink

Very entertaining read Ingro. I'm going to go for fact on that one, because if it isn't true then I'd wish it was.

As for next time's story, I'd like Bamboo please Very Happy
Smee
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good writing Ingroth.

I've voted for FACT, and I would like Bamboo next.

I just hope it doesn't go into detail about the Chinese Bamboo torture. Surprised That really makes you squirm.

Happy Writing. Smile
Suneila

Items

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm... fish names... carp, pike, trout, bass, what are those icky white fish that eat off the bottom of the lake, and are really greasy? Oh, whitefish. Yeah, I have no idea what the nickname is. I'm gonna cheat. Ah Ha Ha! Very Happy That's funny. I'm gonna vote Fact 'cuz I've known boys who made up worse names for their counselors at camp than that.

Is it some sort of hint that the character named after me rambles a lot? Oh, well, I'm just glad you put me in the story. I always wanted to be a boy scout (my mom said only boys could be boy scouts)

I think I want to hear the Bamboo story too.

~sunny

~edit~The poll seems to already have closed, and you only posted the chapter yesterday.
Ingrothechundyer

Items

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still waiting for random to delete the old poll but an trying to release a chapter every Wensday :/.

I'll post when I get the poll for this chapter back up Very Happy

Thanks for your patience Smile

(I didn’t know I was rambling so no hint towards you intended. SM Bob is just really hard for me to write.)
Shady Stoat
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Sunny meant 'rambling' as in 'going on nature walks', not 'using a lot of words to say not much' Ingro Very Happy

I like SM Bob!

If Random hasn't taken your poll down, PM him again. It might be that he's overlooked it. These mods are busy people... but I guess you would know that already *grin*
Suneila

Items

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it was just the way I read it (stemming from the way I talk and therefore write) that it seemed like Suneila talked really fast and went off on a couple rabbit trails (like the mention of the black kid Smee). He did talk in long sentences for part of it. It was great. (and I wouldn't mind if you were making fun of me.)

~sunny
jnmrcs
Builder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I vote for cooking for the next one.
Ingrothechundyer

Items

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok the new poll is up Smile. Closes sometime Wensday morning.
Ingrothechundyer

Items

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well SM Bob it looks like the voters have again correctly guessed that your story was fact. Would you please tell us exactly what the boys called the councilor?

Wall as was said before they were calling this little black boy in our troop names and that wass one big nono. Ya’ll can call a white boy names but callin a black boy certain names can git ya fired. I felt sorry for the guy bein called crappie n all so I told his boss hat he sholdn’t be fired.

That was quite a story SM Bob now...

Not good enough to fool dem ere voters. Never ough city slickers ould be so smart.

Err yes they are good aren’t they. Now speaking of the voters they decided that I should ask you about bamboo. What on earth do you have to tell us about bamboo? Did you pull a bamboo forest or plant one? Lash them together to make a tower? Build a catapult out of them to launch scouts at the moon?

Notin so exiting but after Big Joe caught some of them ere scouts lighting what eye aid was a m80 an e said that we needed to be more careful not to allow them to bring fireworks. Fireworks are illegle in Georgia anyway and I ad to give all the scouts involved a warning and ad to ave a leetle talk with their parents.

We couldn’t prove who brought them ere m80s and we never saw them light em. Big Joe took off running when he erd the bang though. He came back olding onto to while the rest of the ASMs chased the rest of the observers. Ey claimed that five scouts light em and that ere couldn’t be true. No one was injured though but Big Joe as been a leetle jumpy bout plosions since.

SM Bob this is very interesting but what does it have to do with bamboo?

Wall now you’ve obviously never put green bamboo over 5 five food bonfire now ave you? If you ave you would know where I’m going with this ere story. Why we were at Summer Camp an were sittin round the campfire watching it start to go when some of the boys found green bamboo left by a previous troop…

Yeah that’s when I decided to build the fire up to where we had a very nice four foot flame coming out the top!

Suneila I was watching this ere event take place.

Yeah so mabey we can both tell it. Anyway as I was saying I decided to build up the fire so we had a four foot flame and then Jimbo decided that he would like to try to jump it. He got a good running jump and sailed through the flame. Landing he turned to Smee and said “betcha you can’t jump at ere fire”.

Smee quickly went uphill of the fire and got a running jump and sailed through the fire while SM Bob sat there laughing and taking pictures of them jumping.

Wall as I was sayin them boys started to try and see who could clear the fire but remain the closest to bein burnt. Eventually some of the boys started to throw wood into the fire as the boy was jumpin sending sparks flyin up and startlin the boy jumpin.

When Big Joe left to go to bed Jimbo decided to try to scare him and Smee. He got one of the pieces of bamboo and waited for Smee to take another turn jumping. As Smee’s feet left the ground Jimbo threw the bamboo on the fire sending sparks flying up at Smee and poor missed the safe ground. He only fell in the fire for a minute but his shorts got burned so he went to change.

A few minutes later the bamboo exploded and Big Joe came flying out of his tent to see what was going on. Half the boys took off running he looked so mad.

Wall I explained to Joe that it was only the boys messin around with some bamboo an nothing dangerous so he went back to bed. Them boys had a blast puttin bamboo on that ere fire and running when it blew up. They even started jumping it trying to see who could be in the air directly over the bamboo when it blew up.

It was a blast! And SM Bob even let us stay up till 1o’clock playing with the bamboo. We were starting to run low on bamboo when SM Bob came over and told us that we needed to go to our tents and be quiet.

Wall I wouldn’t ave but ya’ll were so loud SM Jim got one of the camp commissioners up to come talk to me about how lights out is supposed to be at 8. They said that ya’ll made so much noise that they had complaints from halfway across camp.

Thank you SM Bob for this weeks story. Due to techicanal difficulties (the old poll is still up) I can’t post the poll yet but please be sure to come back and vote when I do get it up. Now SM Bob would you please give us some words for next week?

Appy to.
Corn
Shotgun
Cold
Honor
Smee
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm...I'm inclined to believe this one is false.

No matter how much fun the boys were having with the fire I can't see a SM letting them stay up until 1am unsupervised.

Next I would like to hear honor.

Happy Writing. Smile

Last edited by Smee on Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Shady Stoat
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good story.

I don't know about this one. I'm going to go for fiction, because playing with fire seems like something an adult would disapprove of and stop you from doing. Like I said, though, it's anyone's guess this time Smile

I want to hear about 'honor' next. Sounds intriguing Cool
jnmrcs
Builder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will go for false too. I don't think that some adult could let you jump when that thing was exploting... too dangerous.

I will go with honor too.
Ingrothechundyer

Items

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poll is now up Very Happy
Suneila

Items

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know. My dad let us play with fire (I've even seen an M80 go off) hmmm... I'm guess I'm gonna go with fiction, too, 'cuz scoutmasters are probably (at least they should be) stricter than dads.

Honour sounds cool.

~sunny
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> The Archives All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: