Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
Demise: NSS- The End
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> Stasis Hall - Completed or archived Storygames -> The Archives
View previous topic :: View next topic  

NeverNeverGirl
Honored Citizen

Topics: 68

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted cap raises by 1.

also i will take that flameguard cloak. you just never know...

95 fables your way Rune

um BTW why the hell did i lose a point? is it anyone that gets a vote at all recieves a hit?
Rune
Citizen

Topics: 6

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

........Apparently the troupe had braved the dangers of the storm, risking life and limb for revenge. Roger didn’t hesitate, taking his staff and raising it high at a startled Skrangold.
Matt was trying to flank the filthy bastard. She knew she couldn’t get a clear shot but she had to keep the wretch alive. Her last stolen dagger was flung with careful precision.

The blade landed, striking a completely different target in a completely non-vital area. .........

Should answer a certain question.

Quote:

Right I don't know...it all depends. When do I get to buy proficiences? I saw the item symbol so does that mean misc Characters can upgrade?

I should probably change the wording under the rules to say 'all non-villains can...' otherwise there is no opportunity for Misc. Characters to upgrade and they would fall dangerously behind.

The Updated Items List

Steel longsword: +2 damage. -1 Dex.
Somewhat heavy.
Cost: 80 Fables.

Black Rod of..?: Have to use it to see what it does. It is magical. 5 charges (uses).
Cost: 140 Fables.

Scorched Shield: -5 damage from weapon attacks.
Cost: 170 Fables.

Flameguard Cloak: -5 damage from any form of fire.
Cost: 95 Fables. Sold to Kitty Minx.

Silver Ring of Resistance: -3 damage from magical sources.
Cost: 125 Fables. SOLD to Skrangold

I'll see you in my thoughts and dreams.
Try not worry for you- unseen. A child I knew you then- Now amongst the dead spirits of men.

Live on little boy.
My hopeless joy.
I'll hang on if you linger.

Rest your spirit with me.
One friend down. Goodbye Christian.
NeverNeverGirl
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes i got how i got stabbed - that was obvious - but y did i get stabbed? do you get to assign health hits (for want of a better term) to whoever you want regardless of the vote?
Rune
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Technically speaking I could say a tornado touches down, landing on everyone outside, slaying them all brutally -100.

However, in the interest of being fair I don't do that. As I am a fairly logical person everything follows a logical flow in the story. When I feel something random is needed, I attempt to change things as needed but also in a relatively random way.

Clearly, Kittallia was aiming for Roger (or Matt) but there's wind and her aim is entirely off. Kitty would have been nearby, close enough that the wind could take the errant blade to her. So, it did.
She's hovered around the other two heroes so far. It wasn't much of a leap to assume she was within range of the dagger and of the wind to carry it to her.

The damage for this update was 2 points. Therefor, every time I used any of my damage tokens, you saw -2. However, because no one is capable of dealing more than two damage on their own at the moment, all the damage dealt by regular characters was shown as -2 or -1. Kittalia threw the dagger and was able to deal only 1 damage with it.

Simply put, the 'why' she got stabbed was because Kittalia was unable to attack with any accuracy and the wind blew it away and Kitty happened to be close by and in the way. No amount of sexiness can stop an accident and accidents are in the story. Among other things not even listed yet.

Sometimes I won't have accidents. But that was a good opportunity for one. I don't generally pull them out of my butt, just so you know. Besides, that would be kind of gross.

Try not worry for you- unseen. A child I knew you then- Now amongst the dead spirits of men.

Live on little boy.
My hopeless joy.

Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Topics: 173

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right I'll take the Black Rod of Whatever, although I normally don't take unidentified items, just because it's there.

And no Rune, I'm not giving up the ammy at this point. You'll just have to be nice and ask me at a later date. Very Happy

"Music makes you braver."
Rune
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad girl. Now you've gone and made things become...complicated. I could be sooo much farther ahead in my plans now. *sigh*Well, if you won't give me my amulet...

BTW, This has NOTHING to do with the fact you didn't give me the amulet. When you see it, ask Nene and I am sure she could probably tell you. Keep in mind, characters are LOOSELY based on D&D concepts..you'll see what I mean by all of this later Kalanna. Laughing

The Updated Items List

Somewhat heavy.

Cost: 170 Fables.

Black Rod of..?: Have to use it to see what it does. It is magical. 5 charges (uses).
Cost: 140 Fables. SOLD to Kittalia Neveria

Cost: 125 Fables. SOLD to Skrangold

Live on little boy.
My hopeless joy.

solus.serpen
Respected Citizen

Topics: 7

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll buy the scorched sheild!
Smile

And I have yet to vote...

*edit*
And I payed.
I voted environment because I don't like what it is at the minute.

And you put the symbol for anyone to buy proficiencies, and for heroes to buy proficiencies.
Confused I am confused.
Does this mean we can all buy proficiencies?
Can heroes then buy two lots of proficiencies?

~Solus Confused

chapter 6 of DESTINY - a super old SG which won't continue...but there are a full 6 chapters if you feel like reading something with no ending!
Rune
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

solus. I put the symbols for item purchases (currently means everyone can) and for non-villains to acquire upgrades. Yeah, I could stuff in two upgrade symbols or something. In the future I will probably refine the symbol system to be slightly more detailed and a bit more specific to create more interesting opportunities for characters.

Currently only Heroes and Misc. Characters can purchase upgrades and everyone can buy those items.

Your payment has not been received. I have an inbox of upgrades and item acquisitions but your name is not among those who have done either or both.

Live on little boy.
My hopeless joy.

Thaumaturgus

Items

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it prudent to upgrade health after all that rain and pain *hands over the fables*
solus.serpen
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely paid ... Confused

For the item purchase (the shield), I forgot to leave a message, but I paid 170 fables. I paid the other lot in bulk and left a message.

~Solus

*edit*
This was in my sent items folder:

rune: you have recieved a donation from Solus.Serpen (or something along those lines):

Quote:
solus.serpen has donated 160 Fables to you.

solus.serpen wrote:
For my 'no-one will survive' character so you won't kill her with a damage card!!

That was for my char and my upgrade combined.
You won't have got a PM (probably anyhow) for the shield as I forgot to add a message. However, surely you can see that your fable count has increased by 170 fables?
*arched eyebrow*

Sorry you seen to have missed them. Currently I feel unwell, so I will come back later to upgrade again and see if this has been sorted out.

*sigh* Sad

chapter 6 of DESTINY - a super old SG which won't continue...but there are a full 6 chapters if you feel like reading something with no ending!
Rune
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*sigh* Ok, I shall break it down.

Order of events:

Solennia gets access to upgrading a single specific proficiency at the same time the Villains are allowed to upgrade any proficiency.

Solennia accepts the new ability, upgrading it 3 ranks while simultaneously paying for the character (which had not been payed for until then).

The message was received in Runes inbox.

The payment was received in Runes inbox.

The account was settled.

Update 3 came out.

All non-villains were given the opportunity to upgrade.

Items were made available for anyone to purchase.

Several players purchased items and upgrades.

Solennia claimed to have done the same.

Solennia had not purchased an item and had not purchased any upgrades.

Runes inbox is filled with receipts of those wanting upgrades and items.

Solennias name appears a single time in Runes inbox.

Solennias name appears only to pay for character creation and the bonus proficiency upgrade gained before heroes could normally upgrade.

Solennia has therefor, not upgraded her proficiencies at this point.

Solennia has not purchased an item at this point.

Sorry. But I don't see the fables or anything related to this.
I got your fables for the character creation and your bonus ranks for your unique special ability. That's it. I believe I got a message from you asking for the item-but as I did not receive a payment with it, I have made no effort to remove the item from the list of available ones.

I don't even think you sent in an upgrade list. You have your starting proficiencies and your unique one. Beyond that, nadda. And yes, I noticed the 160 fable increase (but that was a while ago not recent). I'll quintuple check my inbox again just in case.

Live on little boy.
My hopeless joy.

NeverNeverGirl
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oooo rune, someone took their condescending pills today?
Wink
Crunchyfrog
Honorable IFian

Topics: 168

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're all trying our best to get to grips with this game, Rune. You do need to bear with us.

Running something like this is not easy, as I have discovered from past experiences. But it would be best not to alienate your players, if you want this to be a success.

(Edit to add) - I have just performed a test - donating 1 fable to the treasury without a message, and donating 1 fable to the treasury with a message.

If no message is added to the donation, nothing appears in my outbox or sent box but the fables do get donated. I would assume that no message would appear in the recipient's inbox either to notify them of the donation.

If Solus did not add a message to her donation of 170 fables, then Solus and Rune only have their fable totals to confirm the payment was actually made. Since 170 fables represents a significant proportion of both your fable totals, I would assume this will now be easy to resolve.

I certainly hope so anyway, now I have spent two hard earned fatbacks on establishing these facts.

Neut
Rune
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all...I am allowed to be frustrated.
Unless there's a rule saying I have to be different then I'll risk alienation. I think I'm entitled to that.

Second, I have found the simplest and most effective way to cut through the crap is to do just that. I pulled out the knife and cut right through it. This way, I didn't have to go through several days of explaining the same thing over again in different ways.

I've now explained it clearly, concisely, and most importantly- once.

If that's alienation or condescending- I won't apologize for it.

I call it efficient.

Now, with things being clearly spelled out, the problem can be resolved.

Assuming what you say is true Crunchy, it still defies logic. Why pay me fables for upgrading ranks and not list the ranks upgraded?

Solus posted a message saying he(she? Assuming he) wanted to buy the shield. 'I'll buy the scorched shield'. Not that he HAD purchased the shield. So no shield was purchased at the time of the post. I saw no donation in my inbox as stated above in the very clearly detailed chronology.

Solus edits his post stating he's paid and now voted but then produces a couple of questions about upgrading, not being certain if everyone can upgrade or just heroes, and whether or not the heroes can buy proficiencies twice over.

Logic dictates that with such queries as these, a payment for the upgrades, at least, would not have been made. If so, it would have been a poor decision on part of the upgrader.

It's not that I am unwilling to work through the issue. I never said that. You can ASSUME that. Feel free.

But I am stating that because I have nothing showing me there was a payment made, I can't honestly say payments were made. The only donations from Solus are still in my inbox and they were for an entirely different situation than all of this. Solus has admitted himself that his outbox contains specifically the donation I am referring to.

I don't mind posting this all publicly as it shows clearly that I am willing and capable of dealing with problems honestly and fairly-but I'll do so through logic first. I try to keep things simple and when they become unnecessarily complicated I try to fix them as quickly and efficiently as possible. If there is something I have missed in my logic, feel free to let me know. At least then I will know what to watch out for in the future to prevent mistakes.

But simply put, at no point in the series of events or comments made does it sound like the character paid for ugprades or even sent in a list of upgrade requests. I've got other peoples, not Solus'.

If I or someone else made a mistake, just show me where. It could be as simple as me accidentally deleting it but if solus also doesn't have an outbox of it, it sort of discounts that theory.

Live on little boy.
My hopeless joy.

Crunchyfrog
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

solus.serpen wrote:
I definitely paid ... Confused

For the item purchase (the shield), I forgot to leave a message, but I paid 170 fables. I paid the other lot in bulk and left a message.

~Solus

*edit*
This was in my sent items folder:

rune: you have recieved a donation from Solus.Serpen (or something along those lines):

Quote:
solus.serpen has donated 160 Fables to you.

solus.serpen wrote:
For my 'no-one will survive' character so you won't kill her with a damage card!!

That was for my char and my upgrade combined.
You won't have got a PM (probably anyhow) for the shield as I forgot to add a message. However, surely you can see that your fable count has increased by 170 fables?
*arched eyebrow*

Sorry you seen to have missed them. Currently I feel unwell, so I will come back later to upgrade again and see if this has been sorted out.

*sigh* Sad

I have merely proved that it is completely possible that Solus paid the 170 fables without a message appearing in her outbox/sentbox and without a message appearing in your inbox, since she did not attach any text to her donation.

If that is the case, it would explain why neither of you have records of the payment. The only way you can both confirm that the fables got transferred, is by examining your fable balances.

I would assume that this is a much more efficent and effective way of cutting through the crap, and expecting Solus to pay a further 170 fables assuming she has already paid.

Unless of course, you want me to do the forensic accounting for you. Confused

(Edit to add:) And if you want to prove it to yourself, make a donation of 1 fable to the treasury without typing any text in the message box and watch the message magically NOT appear in your outbox.
Rune
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be a pretty good way to determine things, to an extent. For one I am getting a lot of donations at this time-so catching any one strictly on fable amount is moderately sketchy. Two, I spend all of my time in the linear district and on NSS, plotting, planning, and generally thinking of the best way to kil- Nevermind.

Unfortunately, the new storygames and linear districts earn 0 fables and I can't see my balance without manually checking it elsewhere after each post or some such. So, as embarrassing as it is, without tired of death having a new chapter and my limited participation in other storygames, I have no idea how many fables I've got. lol.

I'll give it some time, as I sent solus a message already. If there is nothing to be done for it then I will, naturally, find a way to resolve the situation fairly. It's not just the fables I have to consider if that is what is being thought. But in the interest of fairness (besides to myself) I have to consider the players who paid and maintaining that balance.

But you're right,. If Solus paid and there just is no record its not fair for Solus to pay again as it brings us back to the exact situation of the players who then only paid once and not double.

I'll wait until Solus responds, though, before working out an approach.

Live on little boy.
My hopeless joy.

Crunchyfrog
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rune wrote:

Assuming what you say is true Crunchy, it still defies logic. Why pay me fables for upgrading ranks and not list the ranks upgraded?

Solus posted a message saying he(she? Assuming he) wanted to buy the shield. 'I'll buy the scorched shield'. Not that he HAD purchased the shield. So no shield was purchased at the time of the post. I saw no donation in my inbox as stated above in the very clearly detailed chronology.

Solus edits his post stating he's paid and now voted but then produces a couple of questions about upgrading, not being certain if everyone can upgrade or just heroes, and whether or not the heroes can buy proficiencies twice over.

Logic dictates that with such queries as these, a payment for the upgrades, at least, would not have been made. If so, it would have been a poor decision on part of the upgrader.

If it helps, the price of the shield was 170 fables, which is the disputed amount. Therefore the edited in questions about upgrading are irrelevant to the logic in this matter.

The facts are: Solus claims to have paid 170 fables without attaching any text. Neither of you have a record of it. It is possible to pay fables without it appearing in the outbox/inbox of anybody if no text is attached. Definitive proof of whether the donation was successful can be obtained by looking at the fables.

I've had a look at the posting history for both of you, and it will be easier for me to calculate the fables you have earned, rather than Solus, since you have not been here so long and have posted relatively few fable earning posts.

Should you need me to, I'll happily assist in determining whether the 170 fables got transferred successfully. All I would need from you is a list of donations you have received in your inbox and a list of any donations you have made to others. (assuming of course you have not deleted any donation messages in your inbox/sent items)
Rune
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm not willing to go through all of that or send you through that sort of work. It's silly over fables.

I will resolve it, I just want to be as sure as I can be, within reason, before taking any action. My first instinct when someone comes to me about an issue isn't to take their word for it. I go through a validation process. This keeps me from getting ripped off (which has happened multiple times from people who've demonstrated nothing but good intentions). Not saying that is the case here, but it's what I've learned to adapt to after so many years of being online and playing online games. *shudders*. Not to mention people in the real world.

For the most part, once I am satisfied I'll find an appropriate solution and a means to that satisfaction will be achieved shortly so the issue isn't really one any longer.

Finally, as far as gaps in my logic- some of my comments made used information gleaned or assumed from PM's as well.

On a side note

The game has clearly grown in popularity and I've been holding many conversations with people over various elements of the story as my brain is picked and strategies are discussed.

There are issues about how long the game should last, how quickly it can end, what the winner gets and a host of other interesting tidbits all worthy of discussion. Would you all like an NSS discussion thread to address these issues? Of course you would.

Let me know what you think. :-p

Live on little boy.
My hopeless joy.

solus.serpen
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, sorry. I didn't realise that being off for one day would mean that a whole argument would be started about me - and I apologise to CF for havign to spend so much time arguing my case for me. (Although thanks, you basically said what I wanted to say for me. Wink )

To get things straight:

1. I am a female - I know this is not really to do with this case, but Rune seemed to be confused on the matter.

2. I have paid for my char and my first upgrade (the one where only I could update). Both Rune and me have evidence of this and is not the issue.

3. Rune, you seem to think that I tried to upgrade a seconed time. This is not true. I never tried to pay or request a second upgrade, I merely asked.

4. With the shield, I paid 170 fables without a message, which is why no PM record will be found. It shows on my fable count (which you can check by clicking on your name, Rune, btw), as I used to be on 1300 and something, and now I'm on 1180 something.

I need to leave right now but I'll be on later to see how this goes. I replied to your PM rune, but this is basically the same thing.

~Solus

Rune
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Issue's been resolved. Don't worry about it. Here's the

The Updated Items List

Somewhat heavy.

Cost: 170 Fables. Sold to Solennia.

Cost: 140 Fables. SOLD to Kittalia Neveria.

Cost: 125 Fables. SOLD to Skrangold.

One item left. Please send a message with any donations. I cannot see my fable count in the new storygame or linear district. Neither earn fables so it shows up as blank to me. This leaves me having to memorize my amount or constantly check it and I spend too much time with numbers as it is doing other things. Send a message with your donation explaining what it's for. Be specific. Blind (non-messaged) donations will not be honored.

No need to rush on character upgrades. You've got time. Plan carefully and consider what other people have. You may not know what people are upgrading to but you can see who has what items and you also know their original proficiencies and ranks.

Damage votes will be up to 4 damage as of the next update. Clues as to changes in the story are also present in the previous update.

Plan well and may you live to see the next chapter-or not.

Live on little boy.
My hopeless joy.

Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Topics: 340

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll go for the sword!
Crossfire
Citizen

Topics: 5
Location: Somewhere between here and not-here, now and not-now... in the half-light, the borderlands, between.

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick point before I go- if someone tries to use a wand, shouldn't they have some form of magical proficiency first? Just a warning, Kalanna... Rune has a very twisted mind. *signing off* Not as twisted as mine, though. Wink *fades

Silent eyes decide the wise and unwise - for one that lies. Let it arise.
Crunchyfrog
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rune wrote:

On a side note

The game has clearly grown in popularity and I've been holding many conversations with people over various elements of the story as my brain is picked and strategies are discussed.

There are issues about how long the game should last, how quickly it can end, what the winner gets and a host of other interesting tidbits all worthy of discussion. Would you all like an NSS discussion thread to address these issues? Of course you would.

Let me know what you think. :-p

I think it would be useful - not only for the players to understand what they are supposed to be doing, but to help develop NSS as a whole.

NSS is being reviewed by the Review Board at the moment, - it is taking some time because of the experimental nature of it.

From my own experiences, a discussion thread helped my experimental storygame get promoted - at least in part, since it allowed everyone to discuss and develop the elements that it needed to improve upon to gain promotion.
Rune
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sword is still up for grabs and we have a nasty 3 way tie. Help

Does anyone have the power to break it or shall I have to get involved in breaking the tie? Are you sure you want me messing around with votes?

Live on little boy.
My hopeless joy.

Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Topics: 173

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cross...there is no skill called 'Magical Proficiancy' listed or I'd have bought ranks. On a side note...assassins' often carry LOTS of things with them. Some are weapons to use, others are things to bargain with.

Sometimes you use honey to trap a fly...instead of pinning it to a wall with a dagger...

"Music makes you braver."
Crossfire
Citizen

Location: Somewhere between here and not-here, now and not-now... in the half-light, the borderlands, between.

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*smiles enigmatically* You'll see, Kalanna. You'll see. *sits back to watch the mayhem*

Rune
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, it seems that the poll is pretty much done but I will leave it up for a few more days for any last votes.

Live on little boy.
My hopeless joy.

Rune
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polls been closed. Update coming.

Live on little boy.
My hopeless joy.

Head Eater
Resident

Topics: 1

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thisss experimental Ssstorygame is now worthy of promotion. Ensssure it ssstays ssso or I will return for your head... Very Happy
Thaumaturgus

Items

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hooray, now I hope we get the update soon
Rune
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plots, Chaos and Actions.

”No.” was all she said followed by a strike of her foot against the chest and a whirl of her cloak to blind. Then she was gone and all that was left to mark her passage or, in fact, that she was ever there was a faint stirring of the dust where she had been. Into the shadows beyond the now fading light of Runes amulet she stalked, darkness her only shield and ally.

Rune looked down at the chest. It was open. Within, was one less item than there had been before. “Thieves,” Rune said and looked around, “Was it too much to expect some honor among just one?”

Roger spoke, “Who the heck are you?”

Rune squinted trying to adjust his vision to the now low level of light entering the cavern entrance. “First, you will tell me where I am for I do not recognize this place.”
At first there was silence. Then Solennia piped up. “I believe this is the Prison.”

Runes eyes widened and then immediately narrowed. His demeanor had changed. He was wary and his hands found themselves nearing the weapons concealed underneath his cloak. “Oh,” he managed, “I see.”

“So who are you then?” Kitty asked.

He thought for a moment before answering. “Kittalia Neveria, I know you’re nearby. I suggest that you return to me what is mine. There is still the option of resolving this peacefully – before things become too dangerous for your own good or that of anybody else.

There was no reply. All eyes, he knew, were on him and his, in turn were on the exit. They lingered for a moment as the last of the storm-filtered light faded from the entrance, thick clouds intercepting the already weakening rays of the sun. If he wasn’t careful, this place would be his tomb. It would be all of theirs.

The dark man knelt, placed the chest upon the ground and announced, “You all wish to know who I am. Well, I have many names: Scourge, Bane, Deceiver and-“, he chuckled, about to continue.

“Usurper!” Solennias hushed voice carried through the near lightless room like the hoarse whisper of a ghost at long last having found the object of it’s eternal desire.

“Yes, well that was my most recent title but-“

“You’re the one who tried to take the throne and sell it to the barbarians on the south coast and when the plot failed you managed to have a member of royal blood impregnated with a barbarian child and become heir to the throne except THAT was a rouse and it was a legitimate Barbarian Prince!” Said Roger wide-eyed with excitement.

“Yes, but-“

“And that didn’t work out so well for you because the prince got assassinated in the controversy the issue caused right? And didn’t the barbarian nation turned against you, revealing your contacts and the contacts tried to save themselves and revealed that you were behind it all.” Inquired Kitty.

“Hey. Weren’t you also called-“ Matt tried to ask.

“Ok, okay. So you all know your history and apparently I’m well known even in dark ancient caves miles from civilization. I’m Rune. It’s a pleasure to make your acquaintance. But this is not the time to discuss my personal history, rather, I have an offer of investment towards your future.” He waved his hand in the near blackness. A pale green light emanated from his necklace. He then motioned at the chest. “I have 100 pieces of gold and your pick of any remaining items within this chest. Anyone who brings to me all pieces of the amulet that I do not possess will have this as their reward.”

Dicana laughed, a melodic, but frightening laugh in the light. It echoed around the chamber and through the unseen caverns beyond. Rune shifted, peering into the darkness as if his eyes could penetrate its’ secrets. There was a faint rumble in the distance.
“You think I am in need of gold? Or your merchant wares? I’ve heard of you yes, but you’re artisan of renown. I suppose peddling stolen wares is your occupation now that you’ve fallen from ‘grace’?”

Rune smiled, a mirthless smile. “I’ve become something of an artist of late and have applied that talent in new ways since my release from Eternity Tower. But that is neither here nor there. You can take the offer or leave it. Just keep in mind this, I doubt anyone here is going back out the way they came no matter how close the exit may seem. I offer my most fervent attempts to keep whoever brings me what I have asked for alive until we can find our way out.” He picked something out from the chest, a pair of fingerless gloves and wore them. He then reached in again and procured a sword and some vials, each he placed about his person. “Well then, it seems there are no takers?”

Nobody responded, though Dicana pulled a short-sword from a sheath.

“Very well then. Anyone wishing to live by taking me up on my offer can find me in this place. Somewhere.” Rune smiled a devious smile lined with sarcasm and clandestine intent. Then he headed left, through several charred and broken corpses.

It was going through everybody’s head for sure. Letting that man walk away was probably the last thing anyone would want. He was a threat to any society he’d ever encountered and the reward money for killing or capturing someone like him would be astronomical. They would be true heroes for life, legends across the world, written into the history books of almost every known country. Whatever he was offering could never be worth more than his capture or death.

Kitty saw the unconscious step forward everyone took, including her own as the sack of money and fame with legs attempted to depart. She stopped herself though. In all likelihood he was telling the truth - to an extent. And it was well known that he was sent to Eternity Tower because he’d apparently escaped every other prison he’d been in - and that was a lot. Truth be told, no one escaped Eternity Tower without an event short of a cataclysm having taken place and there hadn’t been one. So why was he here?

Kitty didn’t have much time to think about the specifics. She had just enough time to surmise that whatever he said could be trusted before Dicana stepped forward, and rushed to intercept the man.

“Where do you think you’re going? You may be a wonderful role model for evil and all that but right now, you’re going to work to MY advantage. You’re old in unfamiliar territory without any allies and have the strongest light source that also doesn’t look like it’ll burn out. Consequently, that amulet is worth so much more than anything you could offer that I have to ask you give me your piece. Now. If not, you can always forfeit your life.” She flicked her hand and Skrangold moved to her side, stopping only to pick off bits and pieces from corpses along the way; a chunk of hair, a finger bone, a tooth, a ring.

Rune moved back at Skrangolds approach and attempted to cover his nose in the most inconspicuous and polite way possible but failed.

Skrangold smiled secretly and broke wind the same. Dicana and Rune both stepped aside involuntarily trying to avoid the odor.

Kitty watched as all this happened, feeling uncertain. Something about everything felt wrong. This had been orchestrated on some level she couldn’t yet see; Rune was in the prison in search of an amulet that a thief he’d apparently hired was supposed to retrieve for him without knowing what it was, the thief found out the nature of the item and fled, Rune should still be in Eternity Tower imprisoned for life or executed, their employer had simultaneously hired them to go as far into the prison as they dared and return with whatever they could find with a handsome reward as payment. Now there was a girl who appeared from the look of her clothes to be from one of the Academies. And the lady standing before the cloaked man was her captor. Something wasn’t adding up. Kitty took a step back.

“You see him Matt?” Roger asked. “He’s bad. Bad to the core and if we stop him we’ll get so much more than anything our employer was offering.”

Kitty watched as Matt nodded in understanding for once, picked up a nearby sword, rusted from years of disuse and steadily approached the intercepted man. Roger called for her to back them up like planned and followed Matts lead.

Kitty wanted to close her eyes. This was bad. The man they were about to face was ruthless and cunning. He was a killer. Yet, there were four of them about to approach him and that meant he’d probably die. Then again, you could never be sure. He was known to always have surprises. That filthy fellow certainly had an effective one.

A rumble in the distance disturbed her thoughts. “What’s that?” she wondered before resuming her attention towards mixed company encircling the cloaked man.

“Boys, you better back away before we do you two in, too. I was going to kill you but decided that this had far better ramifications for me than toying with your lot.” Said Dicana silkily.

Skrangold reached within his robes to get a bottle, then threw it. It shattered in a fiery explosion casting red light against the green of the glowing amulet fragment. But no one was there to feel its’ wrath. A warning shot.

Roger grabbed Runes shoulder from behind. “You’re coming with me.”

“The hell he is!” Dicana moved to the side, aimed for Roger. She lunged with her blade as her target parried, releasing Rune in the process.

Skrangold managed another bottle just as Matt flanked Dicana and swung his rusted metal, landing a vicious blow -1. Angered, the servant flung the volatile concoction behind the bulky man and watched as he screamed from the searing pain of the flames -2.

Kitty watched on as Roger turned to see from where the fire had come and spotted Skrangold just as Dicana kicked at him. He narrowly avoided having to get his jaw wired as he sidestepped the maneuver. Allowing for his unfortunate friend to take the blow instead.

She watched as Matt crumpled to the ground. Eyes wide, face red and both hands firmly placed on his groin. His sword of rust unceremoniously dropped to the floor beside him.

She saw Rune begin running away from the skirmish, briefly forgotten before being noticed again by the others.

Everyone; Dicana, Roger and Skrangold charged after the man, even Solennia after picking up a scorched shield off a nearby corpse. Apparently, She’d figured out something. Be it the same thing everyone else had or something entirely different. Either way, Kitty figured she’d follow to see what would come of things.

She passed Matt who was lying on the floor next to a skeleton of what appeared to be a mage. Matts’ eyes were closed and he seemed to be unconscious. This close to the entrance he should be fine. She’d get him on the way out but first she’d just grab the flaming red cloak beneath the skeletons ribs. He wasn’t using it and considering that she could see a rotted wand and imprint of other items the skeleton had carried in life, this had to be a magical one.

Solennia had been silent during the recent revelations. She was in shock. However that had worn off and her shock had given way to anger at the news. The assassin had killed her friends and lover but the reason behind there being an assassin to begin with was right in front of her. That man was going to die. He hired the murderer and was just as guilty.
Now he had the nerve to offer her life and money if she of all people would help him?

She would do everything in her power to kill him. First, she had to slow him down. He’d run into a wall. A hole existed now where a door had once been. It’s broken and charred remains scattered about the floor along with the rubble of the wall. Dicana, Skrangold and Roger leaped through and she followed. Inside, was what had once been a room but now had only two and a third walls, the third being the part through which they’d come. A door was on the south-side wall and the western wall, directly in front of them, was pure cave and therefore resisted whatever explosion had occurred here. Rune had managed to leap over what remained of the northern wall, a knee-sized stack of bricks the size of a human head before coming to a stop. He stood upon a mound of long-since rotten husks much like the ones found in the cavern entrance. Here though, a single human skeleton, with a great-axe lay splayed at the top- an unknown heroes death immortalized after such a titanic battle. The mound could be no fewer than four men high Solennia thought. There had to be 30-100 rotten cadavers.

She wasted no time and with a wave of her hand she focused her energy into a tremendous display of power. What at first seemed to be sand began rising from beneath the corpses, trickling upward as though a reverse waterfall. Finally, it swirled and exploded, instantly rendering the air nearly opaque. Everyone was blind. But Solennia wasn’t done. She parted the dust directly between her and her target and then, with sorcerous might imploded it on him.

There was a loud snap, like lightning. The air instantly cleared and the dust fell from the air like sand from an hourglass. Rune was on the ground.

“My cloak affords me some protection form minor magics. But that wasn’t quite as minor as I would have liked. Do that again and I’ll defend myself.” He said. “You won’t like that.”

“Silence!” Solennia shouted. The temperature increased instantly, almost enough to cause sweat. Fire erupted around the man and closed in but he leapt high into the air as the flames rushed in and a sword swung where he had been.

“Dead or alive doesn’t matter to me!” Dicana cackled with glee.

Rune descended, daggers drawn and parried a hurled bottle out the air- just barely- as Skrangold threw one. It landed somewhere near the bottom of the mound and exploded. The mountain of carcasses shook.

Roger shouldered Dicana out the way and swiped at the man. There was the loud clang of steel on steel followed by a high-pitched whistle as the dagger-man dragged his blade along the sword and forcefully disarmed him. Dicana took the opportunity to thrust at his neck but he blocked with his offhand dagger.

Solennia awakened the dust once more while simultaneously expanding the fire. She could feel her energy draining with that last act but the results were worth it.

The flames exploded outward, rushing over everyone. No one was fast enough to avoid it. There were several cries, none more pleasurable to Solennias ears than hearing Runes among them. –1(Dicana), –1(Roger). The dust exploded and stung with such force that Dicana stumbled and fell from the mound. Rune was similarly affected and fell with her. Skrangold had been readying another bottle but this was dropped and had the unfortunate effect of falling between the gaps in all of the corpses before detonating somewhere in it’s depths.
“Uh oh.” He said.

The mound swayed, a little more, then began to collapse inwards. Solennia decided to turn around and try to leap back into the blasted room satisfied that everyone would be dead. But Kitty was in front of her leaping from it and onto the mound just in time to fall with everyone else.

“Your timing sucks.” Solennia said.

“Shh. No more words from you ya moody little powerhouse.” Kitty said. And with a wink and an air-kiss Solennia’s mind went effectively blank.

Kittalia couldn’t help but notice the multiple flashes of red light in the distance, followed by the green and then sparkly yellow ones at the end as they descended into darkness. Whatever was happening over there was probably something she didn’t want to be a part of. She knew the rumors of this place and had come across enough corpses to wonder if she would make it out alive herself.

She’d have to find the others and bargain somehow - in private, preferably. But for now she had swiped those boots from the chest and they were amazing. So good she had to wonder at the quality of the other items in that chest. Perhaps his offer wasn’t too undervalued after all. I mean, nothing could truly compete with a legendary item like the amulet except another but as far as living within her means as an assassin, if the rest of his goods were this good- she let the thought hang.

Before her was another dead end. Unlike a maze, dead ends here were defined differently. A large hole in the ground blocked her passage further. She could easily have crossed were it a normal hole in a normal place but she assumed otherwise and snuck closer to the edge to take a look. Releasing her grip from the amulet to allow some of it’s light to shine through on only the floor, she could see blood stains and claw marks gouged into the edge. No, this wasn’t the way to go. She’d have to go back towards the lights.

She began having the feeling of being woefully lost and in a lot of unseen danger. She was hiding and damn well, she knew. Sneaking without virtually any sound. Yet, there were things hiding better than she was. And that could hear her quite well, for with every footstep something else moved as if disturbed or curious. And for every shadow she hid in, there were others where she was sure something else was hiding and waiting. The truth was the she was growing frightened of hiding. Any shadow she hid in might be her last. All of her years of training could not have prepared her for this. No, very few living beings could be prepared for this place no matter how much training. Entire adventuring parties had died here. The brave and the foolish had fallen here. The quick and the smart, the careless and the wary: so few people had ever made it out of this place alive that it was small wonder how it had earned it name. This place was death without a face. Little was known about it for true. Just rumors mostly. Now she was here and without allies or aid. Lost, in unfamiliar territory with no means of communication or escape. She didn’t want to be one of the unlucky multitudes who’d died in this place but the odds were severely against that. Perhaps leaving the group was a mistake. Damn, she should have hidden and tailed them but with her employer around, knowing now who he was, that probably wouldn’t have worked.

Something on her back itched and she blindly reached to scratch it just in time to feel the edge of a stinger. She moved for all she was worth and it shouldn’t have been enough save for the grace of the gods (you’re welcome little dragon). Something in the darkness behind her had stalked her. She had dodged the first attack by a miracle, could feel the poisonous residue of it’s method of killing on her hand. She closed her eyes, released her hand from the amulet ducked low and took a peak before covering her hand over the gemstone again and diving for the nearest visible cavity.

There was scuttling all around. She could hear it now. But worse, she could see what had been stalking her. It wasn’t one thing but several. Now she knew what those husks were at the entrance. Scorpions. Giant sized. None smaller than a medium sized dog. The shadows all seemed clear. She supposed she had lured them all out. But something moved, rattled then chittered or whatever creatures of its’ type did, loudly. She bolted, released her hand from the amulet and ran towards where she had seen the lights. The cavern walls erupted with life from the darkness. Scorpions crawled from crevasses they should have been too big to fit through. The ceiling rumbled as rock was loosened by the activity. At one point stones larger than bricks began to fall from it and a wall caved in. But she used all of her skill to circumvent the dangers until finally, nearing exhaustion she came to a sight she both wanted to see and couldn’t believe.

Rune, Solennia, Dicana, Roger, Kitty and Skrangold all lay upon the ground. They all looked unconscious. Kitallia’s heart skipped a beat. This was madness. This was death of a certainty that could not be circumvented. Panic gripped her but she was strong. She hadn’t become an assassin because she was a weak willed girl ready to break when things got tough- or worse. She took a precious moment to think. She studied her surroundings; great-axe hidden beneath dead scorpion husks, 6 dead or unconscious bodies. All were breathing - unconscious then. One missing. Presume dead. Cracked stone floor feeling hollow. Not like the cavern she’d left behind. A door to the north and a hallway running parallel it but further to the west. The first of the scorpions had reached her. She drew her sword, swung, parried, and lashed out twice more in blazing speed- to no affect. Quickly drawing a black wand she’d found above when in the entrance cavern she gave it a try. Nothing.

“Oh screw this.” She said, all formality in training lost. Kittalia replaced her wand and sheathed her sword before performing a backwards handspring ending in a tumble over the bodies of the unconscious and landed right next to the great-axe. “This had better work”.

Lifting it, she swung, slowly. But the range was advantageous and the power was noticeable. The scorpion was cleaved in two and the blade flickered with inner light. Three more scorpions approached, she raised the axe but felt her leg go numb. Crap! -1-1 Poison
This was the beginning of death, she thought. And whirled into the frey with all her heart and a death-cry on her lips.

Roger, Rune and Dicana opened their eyes in time to see the axe explode with lightning and a thunderous sound. Kittalia was blown several feet back. Several giant beasts that looked like scorpions were blown apart, and for a brief moment the flow ceased. In the light, easily, hundreds more could be seen. Kittalias body soared into the pile of broken bodies and quickly got up, stumbled, then made for the axe.

“This can’t be good.” Roger said. He looked down and picked Kitty’s body from the ground. “Come on sweetness. We need you.”

Dicana instinctively reached for Skrangold, finding his hand she pulled him close and reached for her sword.

Rune looked about, saw Solennias body lying on the ground and took a step in front of her. “You. Protect her, too.”

Kitallia was vaguely aware of the cloaked man coming up to her flank. There were 5 scorpions, then ten, then thirty. So fast and merely seconds between the increases. Rune dodged and sliced with salient speed, killing in single blows with a dagger what she failed to do with a sword. She gripped the axe, not to be outdone in their final moments. Between the two, thirty-fifty, seventy died in a matter of moments. But the numbers of the horde were far, far greater. Roger and Dicana fought to protect their charges and a retreat was forced within seconds. Kittalia knew only battle in those brief moments that already, in her mind were extended years of her life. Then she saw him on the ground. Rune had fallen and was immediately overcome, his body buried beneath the creatures.

In a matter of seconds it would all be over. They’d all be overwhelmed. But nobility found her heart and she cleaved one, then another from her fallen comrade in arms. Rune was alive, his armor managing to protect him, it seemed, at least somewhat -1 -1 Poison.

She saw the sudden light in his eyes and with a flurry of stabs and kicks, he was on his feet, barely. Blood dripped from his neck and face and his skin had taken on a pale hue. But he fought on. Kittalia was no better, feeling dizzy.

But Rune had seemed to come up with an idea in the time he was down. He was saying something but she was too busy killing. Kittalia had to kill just one more. Another. Another still. Pain lanced through her abdomen and it was over. She could fight no more and there were too many.

“We cannot win this. Greater heroes than us have died here before and not all of us even qualify for the title.” Said Rune.

Roger looked into his eyes with disgust. He knew nothing of heroes, though he was right. Some of them didn’t deserve the title. He dropped Kitty and using all his might bull-rushed through a block of scorpions, knocking them down like bowling pins. With Herculean strength he grabbed Kittalias body from the throng of hungry vermin, reaching through them with his bare hands and taking every bite and every blow they could muster. -1 (no poison for you). With Kittalia in one hand and the great-axe in the other, Roger used every ounce of his strength in what he knew would be the final strike of his life. He hoped to go out in a blaze of glory.

The axe responded, igniting with arcane light. Lightning crackled, the air was electric and thunder prepared to make its’ presence known.

“So I’ll trade you all one death for another. Betray me and death is certain.” Said Rune.

He withdrew his daggers in an instant, concentrating for all he was worth, as hundreds of creatures began the killing blows against the party. Roger felt his weapon hand go light. The axe was gone!

The blade reappeared a moment later, still in mid swing but aimed at the ground. It struck, its’ magical charge exploding out and for the second time the group found themselves falling as the entire cavern floor gave way into the dull red glow of what lay beneath.

Status
Skrangold (Minion) 5 Health remaining.
Dicana Requiem (Main Villain) 5 Health remaining

Roger Apple (Hero) 3 Health remaining.
Kitty Minx (Hero) 5 Health remaining.
Matt (Hero)8 Health remaining.
Pant A. Loons (Hero) 0 Health remaining. DEAD
Solennia (Hero) 6 Health remaining.

Kitallia Neveria (Misc) 5 Health remaining.Poisoned
Rune (Misc) 5 Health remaining.Poisoned

It might be prudent to post any ideas on what you want your characters to do (only Pants is dead, nobody else) for the following chapter. I've already hinted at the new location voted on. It was just hard to write it in the current update.

Now if someone wants to change allegiances or treat someone else different, now's the time to say something because I'll just keep things going as I have been otherwise. Smile

Live on little boy.
My hopeless joy.

Last edited by Rune on Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:52 am; edited 2 times in total
Rune
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah folks. Don't forget that the damage for this vote is 4.

Next one is 5.

It CAN be stopped by armors, toughness and the like but for the most part that is dependant upon the damage source and what it is you are using to defend from it. In some cases Dex or Smarts will apply as well and while less frequent in application they can completely nullify the vote damage (if you dodge for example or are smart enough to avoid the situation entirely you wouldn't take anything).

Some power players are clearly taken down a peg, or two, or three. But that doesn't mean they aren't still powerful or useful.

Remember that the goal is for YOU to win. Not someone else.

So when voting, consider who you want to live as much as who you need to get rid of.

Live on little boy.
My hopeless joy.

solus.serpen
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmmhmm. Very interesting - thankyou. Very Happy

Well...as far as Solennia's allegiences go...I think I'd prefer her to be neutral for now on the amulet deal.
She may hate Rune for what he has done, but she is not stupid. Her attacks didn't work against him to the effect she wanted them to, so she knows not to do them again - at least for now.
They are in a place where it is unlikely that they will walk out alive, so survival is the main point right now, not vengeance. It is likely that anyone who Solennia may want vengeance on are going to die without her help anyway.
Rune seems to be the strongest one in the group at the minute, so working with him to get out is the main priority. Solennia is not so bothered about the amulet, or the gifts, but she fears for her life.
Perhaps in the next chapter she can quietly talk to Rune and suggest that for now they should make a deal to fight together as it is unlikely that they will get out alive if they don't.
^As an aside, she does not like doing this, but it is necessary.

...Lol, sorry - I wrote rather a lot.
But yeah...great story. I picked up some things though as I was going through. Here's one:

Quote:
“Yes, but-“

^Apart from the speachmarks being the wrong way, you should only use '-' in speach if the word is actually cut off, such as 'bu-'. If you're leaving out a word/several words then you use '...' e.g. 'but...'

Wink
~Solus

Last edited by solus.serpen on Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:50 am; edited 1 time in total
NeverNeverGirl
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that kitty is going to stick with her A team. Matt and Roger are solid dependable guys who have her back (so far). She will need fighters around her i think as her bedazzle may not be too much use in the dark.

Though i think she may be more than slightly pissed at Roger for throwing her to the groud the way he did. Bruises - ouch...
Rune
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skrangold and Matts Health totals in the vote are innacurate. The numbers are 1 higher for each.

Unfortunately votes came in before I could redo the poll so just check the bottom of the chapter for accurate tallies (that has been edited correctly).

Sorry for the confusion. May you make your decisions for better or for worse.

Game on-! or some such.

Live on little boy.
My hopeless joy.

Thaumaturgus

Items

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are no actions for me to post since Matt is effectively disabled for a chapter or so, but I was wondering if you could clarify how far away his body is from the mass of scorpions. I may have missed it if you already stated such, but the last I saw of him, he collapsed near the skeleton. Then, everybody started running around before the vermin showed up... So hopefully he isn't in danger of getting pinched and poked to death while unconscious. (although, if he continues to "win" the vote it would make sense Sad )
Rune
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may not be able to take action while unconscious but you can still determine what actions you'd like to take once you ARE concsious. I'm even willing to take onditionals such as:

If I wake up and am not damaged further or have more than 'this' much health, then I'll try to inform the party that we should stick together (once I figure out what is going on) and stop fighting if we're going to survive. I'll also cover the rear- cus the fronts WAY too dangerous. ^_^

If I AM damaged when I wake up and my health is less than 'this' then I'll try to get away from the group as soon as possible and go it out alone, or try to go down the path with the enlarged Chinaren head guarding the entrance. :-p

That's just an example.

Live on little boy.
My hopeless joy.

Thaumaturgus

Items

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Matt does not wake up too weak from poison (worst case scenario) he'll look for or listen for the sounds of battle, and charge into the melee when he sees his friends in danger. Smashing scorpions with his fists, tossing them into each other, stepping on them, picking one up by the tail and using it like a flail... those sorts of attacks.

If he is poisoned... he'll probably try to do the same, just appearing more feeble as he does so. Smile

(By the way, isn't an unenlarged Chinaren nose still long enough to block the entrance in your example above? Tung)

Last edited by Thaumaturgus on Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Rune
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt is still in the opening cavern with the skeletons and whatnot. Rune began running west, I think and so everyone eventually followed him except Kittalia. West into a room, through a hole in the wall, with a door on the south wall, missing one wall at the north and a cavernous western side (which was unaffected by the explosion). Over the 'missing' wall was a mound of scorpion husks apparently 21-28 feet high. Around it is darkness (not enough light to see that far out since Rune had the only light source going at that point if I recall). Everyone except Matt and Kittalia got mound-happy and began fighting on top of it before Skrangold in his infinite power blew the bottom out causing you all to fall with several of you being unconscious as a result (but not taking any damage cus I am a nice, sexy guy- right?).

Below, everyone except Matt, is in another room (the base of the scorpion husks).
There was a battle and then the floor fell out from underneath everyone present into a red glowing....

Does that clarify things? If not- reread the story. Smile

Live on little boy.
My hopeless joy.

Crossfire
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps I'm a little biased against the overdog, but I voted for you, Rune. I rather thought that the poison was a little harsh, but perhaps you're in favor of bringing this to a quick conclusion.

All the better for me- I'm planning to join the next round! If I have the time, that is... Sad *struggles through an unending sea of information, pausing in its endless search to look closely at some interesting sharp rocks at the bottom of a whirlpool...*

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> The Archives All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: