Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
Bushido: Chapter 7: The Reek of Death
Goto page 1, 2  Next

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> Stasis Hall - Completed or archived Storygames -> InterFable Stories - Bushido - COMPLETE
View previous topic :: View next topic  

D-Lotus
Venerable IFian

Topics: 103

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:52 pm    Post subject: Bushido: Chapter 7: The Reek of Death Reply with quote

What happened before: When Kihachi overhears robbers planning to destroy his village, he decides to go and search for samurai in the nearest town, were he finds two possible friends, so his companions and him split forces to meet both men at the same time. After a brisk meeting with the samurai they convince him. However, Kihachi goes to a gambler that proves to be evil, and when the Samurai tries to help, Motoko is taken hostage. Kihachi is to do nothing. After a brief fight, Motoko is freed and the group gains money and a new companion. After trying some samurai and hiring them, Kihachi wanders about, and walks into some sort of discussion. He has to choose wether or not to take some swords and rescue a girl that has been captured in the discussion.

:twisted: Bushido :twisted:

“Do you really think that your lord can handle people at his will?”

“I don’t believe anything. Lord Date is your father, and your father wants to see you, think of it that way.” Numonde answered.

“My father is nothing but a selfish fool.” You reply.

“No, you are,” he said, absolutely certain of himself. “He is dying, and he wants to see you before he dies. He’s not forcing you to be a samurai, that is your choice. He’s just asking to see you.”

“But why does he want to see me now if he abandoned me at birth?”

“He had to. Besides, an old man’s heart grows weary of honor and dignity.”

You punch the table in frustration.

“Do you feel better now?” Numonde smirked at you.

You look down in shame. There seems no reason to refuse your father, you don’t really hate him. You’ve never really hated anyone.

“Hate is a strong word. I will go to my father, but first, I have to save my village.”

“Very well, my lord, it shall be done.” Numonde smiled as he picked up another sake bottle.

The next day was a warm one. You pick up your traveling gear and head for the gate of the town. This morning, there had been two new recruitments. The first one was the European; he had decided to join the squad. The second one was a samurai, bent on improving his skills. With him, you had enough people to continue to the village.

His name was Kotomi. Somber, pale, and with a very long sword, he stood in the path, an imposing figure. His long shadow was intimidating at times, and you dared not look at his face openly. He said that he wanted a challenge, that’s why he had decided to help. His long katana and its scabbard trailed in the dust. He was not a relatively strong looking man, but he seemed deft and able to handle his weapon with ease. As you were waiting in the gate for the European, you noticed a small man walking through the town. He seemed lost. Everybody had been influenced by Kotomi’s silence, so they were not conversationalist right now. You walked over to the man. Everybody in the group watches you walk away with curious faces.
“Sir, are you lost?”
“Well, yes, I was a…looking for some samurai. Hey, might those ones over by the gate be them?”
“Well sir, those over there are my companions, were going on a trip.”
“Oh? Really, and what might that be?”
“The what?” You ask
“The trip, where are you going?”
“Oh, I didn’t understand you at first. We are going to save my village from a four score of bandits.”
The man gagged.
“The what?” He asks
“Well, were going to fight these bandits trying to attack my village.”
“R-really, only those people?”
“Well, we have someone else coming and-”
“Really, well, do you think you might need some help?”
“Wow, you’re serious? Do you really want to join us?”
His face brightened, but something didn’t seem right.
“Why of course- what makes you doubt I’m the kind of man that only really wants to help someone??”

The way had been weary and tiresome. You stop for breath as the others leave you behind. You lean against the big tree and its refreshing shade. After the long walk through the arid mid-October plains of the region, with it’s sun beating down on you all the way, this seems like a higher sphere. It was a sort of path in the woods, with a high crown of branches blocking the sunlight. It had been two days now, since the departure from town. You wipe the sweat away, and your face cools down. You take a deep breath and exhale with pleasure.
“Hey Kihachi, are you coming?”
“I’ll be right there Motoko!”
You flex your leg outwards, and try to reach them with the tip of your hands.

“Auughh.”

You stop immediately. Holding your hands against each other, you start cracking them satisfactorily. After hours of holding onto the walking stick, your hands have stiffened, and it feels good to stretch your swollen fingers. Your shoulders loosen and you feel instant relief from the pressure as you drop your pack on to the loose earth. After two harsh days of walking, you had made good progress. A late start had delayed the group, as the European had taken his time. However, when he came, he was a carrying a huge musket. It was almost as tall as him, but somehow, he managed to carry it with easily. It slung on his wide shoulders like any sword would. The gun was of extreme delicacy and power, and it radiated the confidence the smiling blonde man had in it. Two pouches hanged from his obi, one full of powder, and one full of pellets. That night, when they had camped, he had oiled it and taken good care to make it shine as much as it possibly could. You had asked him if he was any good at it, for it was him, the European, which you seemed to feel more comfortable with.
“Do you wanted to see?” A smile had played on his face.
You had nodded.
He carefully loaded it and aimed. Then, it gave a resounding shot, and you jumped back in surprise. The next moment, the wailing sound of a wolf, and the scatter of paws on dirt was heard. Jabiro ran over to where the wail had come from, and looked behind the bushes. His face curled into a grimace. He looked at the European and sat back down, his face still portraying his feeling of disgust.
“Wh-what’s your name?”
“Ehhh? Me? I’m the Juan! Oh, you can call the Juan the Juanito.”
“ Tzu-an?”
“No, no, no. Ju-a-ni-to.”
“Yu-a-i-ni-to?”
“No, you got all wrong. Ju-ju-ju. Ju-a-ni-to.”
“Su-a-ni-to?”
“Juanito!”
“Huanito.”
Then he sighed.
“Yes, I guess yes.”

After that night, you walked through little wooded areas, having to suffer the many problematic things that come with traveling. The tall weed’s, almost waist high, the hot sun, the loose rocks that make you slip, and the intoxicating dust of the long roads. But it was all part of traveling, and was acceptable. At least watching Hu-a-ni-to walk had been funny. He always carried his musket on his shoulder, but you noticed that he grew tired of it, so he held it in his hand. Then, his hand got tired, so he decided to use it as a walking stick. Everytime he was about to put the gun down to act as a walking stick, he withdrew it again and put it on his shoulder again. After a while, you asked him why not use it as a walking stick, and he said that he didn’t want to get it dirty. It was amusing watching him go through the pattern over and over again. Now, though, you had almost reached your village, barely half a mile to the hill sloping down into the main houses.

It will be good to watch the pleasure in the face of your wife as she sees you come… but, then you’ll have to tell her… Oh well, whatever the decision you make, you must save your village first of all. Now, you just wanted to rest a little before getting there. Pulling down your water jug from the pack, you take a swig of it, letting it run down your chin and mouth.

“Kihachi, come over here, quick!”

You snap your head to where the scared cry came from, farther down the road. Picking up your pack and your water jug, you run over to the commotion. Jabiro and his disciple, Numonde, Gaburo, Sakiro Yagyu, and Utsumo stood, listening attentively. The European, Hu-a-ni-to, stood by their side, his musket poised. And of course, hiding behind a large tree trunk, were Obakamonoyo, Rikara, Motoko, and the mysterious stranger that had come with them at the last moment. You frown in disgust. Wait, why did you just do that? It’s not to blame them for being scared, they are just peasants. After all, wasn’t it you that was alongside with them just some days ago? But now, something is drawing you away from them. These last couple of days, you had been spending less and less time with them. But why? They still struck him as his best friends in the group, because of the tight bonds that had been made since his childhood, to unite you to your village. Your thoughts are blown away when Gaburo runs up to you, talking rapidly.

“There is a group of horsemen approaching us rapidly, about thirty-five of them. They are coming in the opposite direction. Kihachi, I fear these may be the bandits you were talking about. We don’t know what they are doing here, but it might be wise to let them go by. Of course, we could fight them, but we would have a certain advantage if we fought in the village, besides the fact that we could train the villagers. We have agreed that we should hide in the trees nearby and let them go by, to wherever they go.”

“But..but why are they coming torwards us, if they wanted to attack the village, couldn’t they have come the same direction we did?”

“I don’t know.” said Gaburo. “But there might be a chance that they only came this way because it is where they’re hideout is located. Just follow us and stay quiet, if we are forced to fight, it will be almost certain death.”
You gulp and assent. He leads you to a tall tree with many thick branches and leaves jutting out like swords, where the rest of the samurai lay hidden. You can hear the thundering of hooves now. Motoko, the strange man, and the rest of your friends are hidden behind a large bush. You smell the fresh air of the October day before climbing the tree with the help of the samurai. Probably the only fresh air you’ll smell for a while… that’s not mixed with blood.

Sadatome sat on one of the bigger branches. He had been Jabiro Munome’s disciple for about two or three months, and this was his first chance of action he had gotten in all that time. He had never really been introduced to the rest of the samurai, they only called him “Hey you” or “Jabiro’s disciple” or even “Kid!”. He wanted to be recognized by the rest. He was worthy of their respect, so why did they never give it to him. They treated him like some sort of rag. Who did they think he was? His master let him come and go as if he were only a matter of small importance to him. He would show them! Oh yes, he would.

The sky grew grey, and the temperature dropped. Suddenly, with the sound of hooves and horses, and men all intermingled in one echoing around him, an idea struck him. When he had first heard what their mission was, he had been happy. Finally something that he could use to prove what a great warrior he was! But now, with his opportunity right before his eyes, how could he miss it! It was perfect. He would lead the samurai in an ambush and kill the bandits once and for all! Yes, that would be perfect. He smiled to himself, his eye twitching with every inch that his hand took to reach to his sword.

Jabiro had been somewhat worried about his disciple. He seemed to be acting strange, as if he was lacking something. Maybe he hadn’t been paying enough attention to him, especially since he had met with his old buddy Gaburo. He watched dust fly in the air as five lean, long faced horses rode in to view. The first rider was a man with a long scar on his face. He was smirking and waving a bloody sword in the air. Behind him were more rough looking men, most without armor, and only some tough leather. They were unshaved, and their hair was messy and uncombed. Wicked laughs revibrated through the forest path. As the sound reached his ears, and Jabiro looked away. He couldn’t stand men like these. Most riders were carrying sacks on the back of their horses, probably full of food. Six or seven were carrying woman on their horses, smiling widely. They struggled, but there was no point. If they fell off the horse at the speed they were going, they would most likely break their necks. The desperation of the women made Jabiro want to kill the men that were carrying them. Their hair flowing with the wind, their faces pale and indistinguishable from any other poor woman carried to her doom, then to be discarded like a piece of shit. The only thing you could really tell was that they were young, and scared.

The bandits blew past the tree everyone was hiding behind. Every time one of the rogues looked their way for a fraction of a second, Jabiro’s heart gave a leap, and everytime they looked away, he felt worse. Then the wave of men started to thin out. Jabiro bit his lip as the last men passed by. Suddenly, a blur jumped down from the tree, slicing one of the remaining bandits down.
“What the fuck?” Jabiro shouted as he discerned his disciples figure. Similar comments went by around him. Damn, he thought to himself, now there’s only one option. He slung himself down from the tree, slitting one bandit throat and taking his horse right as the man gave a cry of help. The dead body rolled off of the saddle. Jabiro prayed. The bandits turned around and stared at him in the face. Shit.

Juanito grimaced. Now he would have to shoot people. A big man rode. He rode to one of the samurai. The samurai was Jabiro’s disciple. Juanito liked Jabiro’s disciple. The big man was smiling. Juanito didn’t know why he was smiling, nothing was funny. He was heaving a big sword. Juanito had never been one of the brighter ones of his class. He wasn’t stupid though.
Estos en Europa no duran un segundo.
Bam.
The bullet whizzed in the air for a second. The big man heaving the big sword stopped smiling. He stopped smiling right before he was blown off his horse with a two inch hole in his chest. Juanito started reloading.

Gaburo watched the first bandit charging get blown through as a puff of smoke went up besides him. Since the very beggining of his life, Gaburo had been trained to think. Countless hours of practice had taught him how to think. Countless years of experience had taught him this was the best thing to do. He watched the confusion of the bandits. Half of them were still riding ahead, oblivious to what was happening. Half of them were turning around, trying to understand what was happening. Four riders spueled their steeds with their bare heels and started riding at top speed for Jabiro and the reckless disciple. Gaburo looked over at Numonde. Only one glance. Yet Numonde understood. Countless hours practicing to understand the universal language had many times paid off. The riders approached, faces grim, looking forward, the air rushing over them. The first two, side by side, riding the air. The second two, side by side, riding the thin line of fate. They zoomed past the tree. Gaburo jumped. Numonde jumped. Both of them found themselves standing in the air in between two riders.
Shliiing.
Shliiing.

Two men unsheathed each of their swords.
Two men struck twice each.
Four swords found their mark for the four riders.
Gaburo landed. Numonde landed. The four riders landed too, each of them dead. They had jumped in between the two horses and struck with both their katana and wakazashi at the men. Just by extending their arms. Simply by extending their arms. The horses ran off into the woods. More bandits approached. Thirty-four to go.

Sakiro Yagyu watched. It was time he took part of the fighting. The bandits had already confronted the few samurai. The European man had shot twice. He climbed down the side of the tree not visible by the bandits. He held his sword in his hand and jumped into battle, swinging wildly.

Kyomi didn’t want this to happen. He thought they were going to let the bandits go by, not ambush them. Curse that kid! He had planned on running away before the battle started in the village. All he wanted is for the samurai to guard him while he was traveling. At least for some of the way. And for the free food, of course. It had seemed perfect t the time. But now it had turned all wrong. And he was expected to fight! The peasants he was stuck with were already nagging him to…
“Sir, aren’t you supposed to be fighting?”
“Yeah, ummm, I’m getting ready.”
The peasant seemed different from the others, who were just staring in awe at the battle.
“You don’t seem to be doing anything…”
“Shut up, you stupid dog! Don’t talk like that to a true samurai!”

He had faked his way as a samurai into the group. He was nothing more than a cheap assassin, sometimes an informant. Sure, he could slit a couple of throats here and there, but anybody could do that. The real reason for coming with the samurai was to hide. He was hiding from someone who he had stolen something from. He had just arrived to town with the stolen item when he saw them.

“You aren’t a true samurai if you don’t go to battle right now.” The peasant kept insisting.
“Well… fine, I’m going right now.”
“Good, I’ll come with you.” He scrutinized the ragged man.

He had stolen a simple knife. But that was the trick, he knew it was not simple, it just looked simple. One look at it and he knew what it was. In truth it was pure gold, a knife made of pure gold but hidden as a normal one, painted with a cover of something that looked like steel. He had stolen it from a man that had stopped at the inn on the way to Edo. He had been wearing a green kimono.

“Ok, ok, I’m coming.”
He desperately searched for a way to escape.

Motoko watched in amazement at the fight. These samurai were crazy! He backed away from the bush, just to be safe, and went a little bit deeper in the forest.
“Rikara, Obakamonoyo, Kihachi, come over here, it’s safer.”
He leaned against a tough oak.
Suddenly Motoko looked in the direction Kihachi was, something drew him to watch. It seemed that the man that had come along at the very beginning of their journey was running away! Kihachi was chasing him! What was going on, and why was the man running? He was coming this way, in Motoko’s direction. Motoko tried to run, but he tripped on a tree root. He got up as fast as he could, but the man had reached him.

“Get out of the way fool, I’m trying to run away!”

He pulled a knife out of his obi and stabbed Motoko in the heart. Motoko gasped and fell to the floor, in the same moment Kihachi reached the man with a tree branch in his hands. Motoko stared at the sky, then closed his eyes and died.

Numonde gasped for breath. He couldn’t stop now, not with five men surrounding him. Two of them on horseback, and difficult to get at. He looked around. Gaburo and Jabiro were too far, Jabiro’s disciple was having trouble of his own, and the mysterious samurai was not even in the battle scene. To think of it, he wasn’t even on the tree when they hid. Yagyu was also surrounded, almost with no hope. Numonde’s mission had never been protecting the village. His true mission was to get his lord’s son home. If this was part of getting his lord’s son back, then he would have to do it.

At first, the bandits had been surprised, and they had taken their time organizing themselves, but now they were ready, and starting to spread out. Fortunatly, those who wanted to get around the thin path through the forest had to leave their horses. The horses whinnied. Numonde stood his ground, waiting for an opening. Suddenly, one of the horsemen jumped forward. Numode sprang at him, concentrating all his force on the blow. He aimed upward, and his sword ran through the horseman. Numonde slashed at another bandit that was coming from behind, and he fell. The other three stepped back. Before they could think he would attack again, he struck, he struck at the horse. The bandit on the horse jumped down as the dead animal landed on one of the on-foot man, crushing his spine instantly. The other man that had just been standing next to on-foot man looked in horror and started running. The last bandit, the one who had jumped from the horse, took a knife and threw it at the fleeing bandit, who died with a gag. The man who had jumped from the horse looked at Numonde as he drew his sword.

“Kahishiro?”

“Huh? Who are you? How do you know my name?”

Kahishiro was his childhood name. How could this man know him, what relation did he have with him.
The man laughed. He pulled out a jitte and a short sword.

“There’s no time to explain now.”

A jitte was a short metal bar with a hook on it used to entrap the oponent’s sword, twist it out of his hand, then strike with your sword at him. Numonde had some experience defending from a jitte, but was not exactly sure what to do when facing a master at this weapon. The man faked a jab with his short sword, then tried to swing at Numonde’s side. Numonde parried and countered with his own diagonal swing at his oponents left shoulder. Just what the man had wanted. With lightning quick reflexes, his jitte shot up and held Numonde’s sword as Numonde tried to bring it down.

“I guess you’ve changed your name now. It doesn’t matter, you will die!”
Numonde tried to disengage, but the sword was tightly jammed.

“How is your lord Date now?” the man continued.

He swung his sword at him. Numonde dodged, letting his sword go.

“Don’t you remember me?” he said.

He kicked Numode in the knee, then hit him in the back of the face with his jitte. Numonde fell with a bang of pain on the floor, face up, staring into the eyes of the man.

“Don’t you?” he asked fervently.

The man brought his sword up high with both hands. His jitte was on the ground. Numonde slowly unsheathed his short sword. Sword pointing down, the man stabbed Numonde in the stomach. With a splurting sound, his stomach parted. He gave a gluttural cry, and blood started pouring out of his mouth. The sword was still stuck in his belly, splattered by blood. The man leaned forward.
“Do you recognize me now?”
No answer.

“Answer me!”

The man bent forward to shout in Numonde’s ear.

“Answer m-”

Fifteen inches of steel stuck through the man’s throat stopped him from finishing his sentence. It was Numonde’s wakazashi. The man fell on Numonde’s shoulder.

“I-I w-would never know a-any bastard like you.” Numonde said.
The man didn’t answer.
Bye, my lord Date…. Numonde looked at the men rushing past him one last time.
….bye, Kihachi

Juanito looked at the bandits on the branches below him. The stupid bandits had finally caught up with where he was. You’d think that after watching five guys jumping from one tree you would know where the last one is. One bandit tried to stand on the branch. Juanito kicked him and the man fell off. The man broke his neck. One had a drawn sword. He was trying to jab Juanito with it. He was trying to jab juanito with it from the branch below Juanito. Juanito paused to think. Then Juanito shoved the musket’s butt into the man’s face. Six pounds of metal and wood broke his nose almost as the full force of it hit home. The man was hurled off seven feet away. His spine cracked. Juanito looked sad. He had seen another bandit kill his friend. Now this one made up for his friend. Juanito started loading his gun. He would have time for one more shot before fighting on foot.

Kotomi sliced and whirled all around him. He was a tornado, chopping arms, heads, legs, or anything else that came in his way. Blood spurted out of main artery’s and splashed his face. He ignored it, and kept on stabbing and chopping at his enemies. A double fake here, a forward jab, there, he’s dead. Kotomi, focused on gaining skill had been this way all his life. He had always wanted to be on top of everybody. He always wanted to be better. That’s why, to be better, he had hid farther on in the road. Then, when the bandits turned back, he attacked and got two in the back. He could see the bandits numbers thinning out. About four of them had run away, as quietly as they could. He had counted them all at first. There had been thirty-nine. Now there was about eighteen left, and most of them weren’t on horseback anymore, since they had abandoned their steeds when the thin pass hadn’t let them move around freely.

“Hyaaah!”

Seventeen. Only one man had been lost on Kotomi’s side. He laughed as he watched another man go down.
Bam!
Kotomi heard gunpowder and grinned.
Must be the European.
Kotomi watched a bandit jump down to the floor as the gun crackled.
Spwit
Kotomi’s expression grew calm and serene.
Then the bullet ripped through the other side of his brain and Kotomi dropped. Even as he lay dead, blood seeping out of his head and nose, he mantained what seemed like the perfect guard…

Juanito gasped. He watched Kotomi lie on the ground. He’d killed him by accident!
Mierda, mierda, mierda.
He stared in horror as the chuckling bandits stripped his body of clothes and swords before joining the battle again. Juanito stared. He couldn’t stop staring… Kotomi’s dead body kept drawing him in….

Sakiro Yagyu faced two men. It was a sort of stalemate. He had been lucky and managed to kill one man alone, but now he was outnumbered, and he could already see men coming from battling Kotomi.
That means he must be dead.
The two men lunged at once.

“Haarrgh!”

“Die, bastard!”

Sakiro stuck his sword right through one man. The momentum of his strike made him keep going, and he bumped into the dying man he had just impaled. They both fell. Before he could do anything, the second man was there, pointing his sword at him.
“Ready to die, you dumb samurai?”
He grinned, showing his black teeth, and pulled back to swing. Sakiro closed his eyes, ready to die.
Too bad this is the way it had to happen…_____________________________________________________________

You stick your knife through the man’s back. He stays in place, leaning on you. You pull your knife out. He falls back and dies in between two other men. His convulsions send shivers down your spine. You wipe the blood off your hand. It isn’t really your knife, but that fool’s that was trying to run away. A drop of water runs down your cheek. Tears. Poor Motoko. You call out to Sasaki.
“Sakiro!”
He opens his eyes.
“I’m alive!”
“Of course you are.” You tell him. “Now let’s go, we need to finish this up. All the bandits on horseback are left. Look, they’re all attacking Gaburo and Jabiro!”
“Yeah, let’s go.” said Sasaki. “Oh…. and thanks for saving my life.”
You wink.
“I’m getting used to it anyways.”

Jabiro slashed deep into a man. He leaned over the fallen body to reach his disciple. Suddenly pain coursed through him as he felt a lance gash his thigh. His muscles were instantly ripped through. Jabiro screamed in pain before driving his sword through the man’s heart, easily evading his bad defense stance.

“Gaburo, cover me up!”

Gaburo backed up torward his friend and brandished his sword menacinly. Gaburo and Jabiro always covered each others back. In the battle of Sekigahara they stayed side by side. Now they did the same. They had been a hard pray, with almost no openings, since the one guarded the other’s rear. When Jabiro had seen his disciple struck down, he had risked his life to save his life. He had broken into the ring that was surrounding him. Now he was in a bad position and Gaburo had no one to cover him. Besides the fact that his sword was stuck through one man’s chest. Jabiro saw these men as incompetent fools. They were only lucky that they had many numbers. He made a quick scan. Right now though, they didn’t seem to have that advantage too much. Now there were only about thirteen left. The leader was panicking, not knowing what to do. He kept shouting out dumb orders.

“Keep at’em. Ehhh…. kill that one with’e village boy.”

There were two main groups left. One attacking them, and the other spread between the European and Sakiro. Jabiro pulled a dead body off of his disciple. Why had he caused this battle? Jabiro disdained his disciple for what he had done, but he couldn’t let him die to the bandits. No, he wouldn’t get off that easy. He saw Gaburo menace the bandits as they got their courage up, ready to attack. Gaburo would not be able to stop all seven men that were assailing him, and some would get through and attack Jabiro. He checked his disciple’s pulse. There was a faint throbb. Jabiro nodded and pulled a lance away from some dead man’s cold and stiff hands. He stood up and tried to ignore the pain. He faltered and stumbled. Supported on his lance, Jabiro walked torward the bandits.

Sakiro gaurded a bandits attack. He watched Kihachi clumsily attack with sort of lance. It had an axe head at the end of it though (Halbered). He looked at his enemy again. He was a tough, muscled man, with a powerful attack. He was also the ugliest son of a bitch Sakiro had ever seen. Sakiro clenched his sword handle as the swords met with a screeching clash. The vibrations ran through his arms. Suddenly, he withdrew and countered with a quick forward strike. With quick reflexes, the bandit managed to evade it, stepping away a few feet. Sakiro completed his strike by bringing it back to his hip, then assuming an offensive position. The bandits face formed a crooked smile. Sakiro raised his brows questioningly. A strange sound emanated from Sakiro’s body. He felt a scimitars point protude through his left shoulder and chest. He felt as if somebody had burned through a point in his body. He seared with pain. Sakiro saw it coming. He tried to yell out before it happened.

"I'm-"

Then the bandit he had been fighting chopped off Sakiro’s head. It takes about one second for blood to pump through an artery to supply a limb. So when somebody’s limb is cut off very abruptly, they have about one second that their limb can function without problems. Then, when the limb doesn’t get any new blood, it stops being able to function. Ever seen a lizards tail convulse after it’s been pulled off? That was Sakiro’s situation. He had about one second, where he could do anything with his head that he normally would be able to. The rest of his body was already dead, of course. With his last second, he called out desperatly. He called out to be known as what he always tried to be. Most of all, he called out not to be forgotten.

“I’m called-.” he tried to finish.

Sakiro Yoshinowa died without ever fullfilling his wish. His true name, Sakiro Yagyu, will never be remembered.

Juanito swung at a couple of bandits. He comically staggered forward as he was impulsed past them, smack into Kihachi. Both of them smiled, despite that Kihachi had seemed little shocked about something, but their faces grew grim immediately. They got up as fast as they could and faced their oncoming enemy’s. Juanito pulled back his sword he had picked up from a corpse. He looked like he was going to hammer something down.

“Ouch!” cried Kihachi, as the point of the sword hit him on the back of the head.

“Oh, sorry.”

A bandit suddenly faked an attack, just to ridiculize him. Juanito swung down, accidentally letting go of it. The sword flew in a wide arc and stuck itself in one bandit’s belly. Blood trickled down to the floor. The bandit balanced for a second on his bare feet, then dropped, dead. The others gaped in awe.

Suddenly one laughed.

“Hahahaha. Can’t you see, he’s just an idiot. Pure luck, that’s what it is. These guys aren’t so tough, see how I killed that other one just now?”

“Is this pure luck too?”

Kihachi pronounced the words as he stuck his short knife in the man’s crotch with ridicule ease for a peasant. The remaining four gaped again, then started to run away.

Gaburo tried to stop them. He really did, it was just beyond his skill to do so. He tried to slice from an upward motion, and then when the sword dropped down, he sliced up again. That only took care of two. The mad onrush of men sailed past him. Gaburo heard a scream, then a blade slicing through the air. He turned around and swung horizontaly around him as he did. It caught a man that was sneaking on him in between his neck and shoulders. Gaburo stared in disbelief as four dead bodies and two of the horses clung to Jabiro’s legs and sword, horribly mutilated and covered in their own blood. Their faces shone in horror, as if someone had ripped their souls out. Gaburo stuttered.

“I-i-it seems y-you’ve gotten better.”
Jabiro stared at the floor. Then suddenly he collapsed under the exhaustion.

Kinpami was enraged. His scar, extending along his face bristled. His horse whinnied

“C’mon, den’t you dare surronder now!”

His men were fleeing. How could this happen. Who were these devils? Thirty-eight good men killed on a single twenty minutes? His prize fighter too! Was this what he had murdered the old chief for just two days ago? Kinpami’s eyes grew tense in anger.

“Hyaaaaah!”

He pulled out his sword and rode for the weakest of the lot, a stupid peasant. The peasant looked in dismay, but to Kinpami’s surprise, he pulled out a sword from behind him and took a stance! Didn’t even the peasants fear him? He galloped right into the peasant and swung his sword down.

Claaaang

He felt his sword slide past the peasants, and the peasants slide right in front of his face. He spurred his horse to disengage, and with a last look at the battlefield, a cold path, painted with red and dead bodies amassed over each other, with fleeing horses raising dust clouds in the distance, Kimpami, the leader of thirty-eight mounted bandits, fled.

You felt cold inside. You had witnessed too much death today. And you had not shed a single tear. You had not done that because he felt relieved. You felt relieved because you had managed to save your village, with the help of these people. For one moment, you tried to feel sad, as you were supposed to, you owed these people as much. But the next moment, a smile broke over your face.

“We’ve saved the village! We’ve saved the village! Motoko, Rikara, Obakamonoyo, we’ve saved the village!”

Obakamonoyo and Rikara climbed out of their hiding spot. They were gleaming. Then you suddenly remembered that Motoko was…dead. Your smile decreased its volume. But it was still a smile. With death, there always comes new hope.

“Rikara, c’mon, let’s go see the village and tell them the good news!”

You glance at Gaburo. He is kneeling besides Jabiro. He looks sadly at you and says,

“You have won Kihachi, but I have only lost.”

You think about this, but afraid to look at him, you stare at Hu-a-ni-to instead, who is standing adjacent to you, a smile on his face. But again, hope fills your heart and you start racing through the woods.

“Rikara, Hu-a-ni-to, Obakamonoyo, c’mon!”

Green leaves blur past you like a net covered by seaweed. Tree trunks stare at you curiously as you race, your heart beating, your hair flying back loosely. The contrary slight wind that picked up that morning bites at your eyes, its icy sharp teeth beating in your face. The ground rushes past you as you stomp rythmically on it. Your arms go back and forth, swinging as you run for your ultimate prize. And then you’re there. You’re suddenly there. And something seems wrong. From the hilly rise you can see dead bodies sprawled on the floor, fire and smoke coming out of houses that are almost burnt to the ground, and the warehouses sacked. The windy day stares back at you. Then the sun starts coming out, mocking you. Hu-a-ni-to, Rikara and Obakamonoyo come up from behind you. They gasp in surprise. You run down desperatly down the hill, hoping what you see is not true. You run past the wrecked houses, the dead people that you knew as your friends, and finally you step in front of your own house. It has not been burned down, and only the door seems to have taken any damage when it was forced open. You pray. You hope your wife is still inside there, living. You step inside the house, slowly, step by step. Then, before you go in, you hear a noise.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

You walk inside.

The odor of dead bodies smacks you in the face. You watch as dozens of flies cling to your dead wife’s face and arms, where she has been cut at least ten times. Their monotonous noise makes your spine shiver as you stand there, your eyes wide.
Bastards! How’d this happen? Why’d they have to attack today? It wasn’t fair, Damn it! It was the man with the scars fault. Yes, he had wanted to attack the village early!
Then you notice something. There’s another man next to her. Shit, was she cheating on you? Wait, no, he was the only man in the village that could read and write. He must have been writing something for her. You look on the table, which lay on its side. There was a bottle of ink that had been spilt, along with some broken glass and a brush. But there was also a parchment with writing on it. You pick it up and read its contents carefully. It seems to have been only begun, and then there is ink all over it. Then, you read it.

Kihachi.

I now wat has hapend. I got the leter from the samurai. I lov yu Kihachi, so I will leve. I will leave so you can…

Then the ink soaked the paper completely.

I will leave so you can…. be a samurai….?
You cry. For the first time today, you cry. You cry because of your wife’s dedication. You cry because death makes everybody cry. You cry. And then you feel something else. It comes surging from uder your heart. Hate. For the first time in your life, you truly hate. You hate the man that caused this. The man with the scar.

“I’ll KIIIIIIILL you! I’ll kill you and rip your heart out, and then I’ll stomp on it before feeding it to the vultures! You’re going to pay! Your’e going to pay!”

A surge of energy runs through your veins, as you run into the forest. You run, you keep running, and running, until with your last breath, you tumble with a tree root, and fall on the forest floor.

What do you do now? I forgot to put the italics etc in, but I'll have to do that tomorrow, since I gotta go.
Heheheeh, harder, huh? Longeeeeeeeer too. Enjoy!

Last edited by D-Lotus on Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:52 pm; edited 7 times in total
Mordok

Items

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great chapter D-man. There were a few rough spots, and a couple typos, but your style and phrasing continue to improve with every chapter.

You may want to use "man" as a description a little less, as it gets muddled when there are several men.

Quote:
The man on the horse jumped down as the dead animal landed on one of the on-foot men, crushing his spine instantly. The other man that had just been standing next to him looked in horror and started running. The last man took a knife and threw it at the fleeing man, who died with a gag. The man looked at Numonde as he drew his sword.

I had to read this a couple times to figure out which man was which, but other than that, I had no problems reading and enjoying your story.

I think Kihachi needs to go see his father and get whatever help he can, before he goes in search of vengence.

Oh yeah, I'm first! Wheeeeee!!! Very Happy
saxon215

Items

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN that was one big read, i feel drained from it
nice one D, loved all the action, damn i wa sad when those people died
it was good i liked it, there were a few mistakes but by the time i finished reading i forgot them
D-Lotus
Venerable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, you're right Mordok, I'll change it. I'll also put the italics, etc... Why does my picture not work again? Sax, I'm glad that my writing had the desired effect. Thus the title: The reek of Death. Which Samurai did you feel more sorry for? I realize it might not be my best best writing because it was so long I'm bound to have mistakes. So you think he should wait for revenge, Mordok? There's only one problem. He doesn't know how to get to his fathers place, and it's far away too(In the north. He's in the middle of Japan.). If he tried to see his father he would have to embark on a journey... as a samurai.... :twisted:
saxon215

Items

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i dont know if you meant it but your language within dialogue was coloquial (or however you spell it, help smee!!)
Smee
Revered IFian

Topics: 166

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex: Colloquial :wink:

Great chapter Dan, with a vivid fight scene that almost played out in my head which takes good writing.

A handful of typing errors, and a couple of minor points but I don't think they're bad enough to worry about. Just watch your POV, it got a little confusing at times.

What to do next: Back to the village, see what you can do to get the survivors back on their feet. Then go off and find dad.
D-Lotus
Venerable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colloquial...ummmm... what's that mean? The POV was kind of confusing, I know. The problem was I was doing a third person view of certain individuals and then switching to you. Mostly, I tried to say their names first in the paragraph when I changed POV. Like:
Juanito took out....
Numonde looked in....
etc
saxon215

Items

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colloquial is like everyday talk, non-formal
saxon215

Items

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colloquial is like everyday talk, non-formal
oh an the thing where the dudes head was severed he wouldnt vbe able o say anything because he woulkdnt have enough eair and a head is different from a limb sorry i just hate incosistencies with the truth it makes the story less beleiveable for me
D-Lotus
Venerable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmm... I always thought your head was a limb. Confused Well, the truth is, that the head thing is true. I even looked it up on the internet somewhere. See, the thing is, they cut off his head so suddenly, that it's like they didn't even cut it off for like a second. It's like a lizards tail. You know, when after it's detached it keeps wrigling around? If you want me to, I can rephrase that part and make it more acurate. It's probably only like 5 diciseconds he can talk, but I need to give him time to say that sentence, so I said it was 2 seconds.
saxon215

Items

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol hjsut have it like he saw is comming and half said that part before it hit and half after
D-Lotus
Venerable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea! Consider it fixed...by tomrrow...I'm kinda sleepy.
saxon215

Items

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahaha dont let the bed bugs bite D
D-Lotus
Venerable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, fixed. Now to fix the picture...sometime today.
saxon215

Items

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahaha what was it ment to be of

Items

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Japanese traveler...

- D-Lotus
saxon215

Items

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh thanks im slow
Ravenwing
Honorable IFian

Topics: 17

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saxon you may become senile sooner than you think. Laughing

Samadhi Traveler 2005 Nano Wrimo winner (53,019 words)

Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
-Confucius
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
saxon215

Items

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahaha true that, what was your name again dear?
Ravenwing
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL Saxon! You forgot dear I never told you. Laughing

-Confucius
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ravenwing
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL Saxon! You forgot dear I never told you. Laughing

-Confucius
saxon215

Items

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahh now i remebr Rave, but whos the one who looks just like you and says exactly what you say?
D-Lotus
Venerable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm...4 people. Rave, did you read my chapter? I can't tell from your couple of last posts.
Ravenwing
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D. Have some technical comments to make.

Quote:
My father is nothing but a selfish fool.” You reply.

Quote:
No, you are.” he said, absolutely certain.

When writing dialogue, and you want to add the "he said" "she said" stuff, put a comma after the character's words. Like for the first one, "My father is nothing but a selfish fool," you reply."

It also keeps MS Word from doing random automatic capitalizing. Same goes for the second quote. You only put a period at the end of dialogue, if you're not going to add the "he said" stuff.

The dialogue in the second quote does not sound right. It would be better if you had a conjunction after "he said." Something like "No, you are," he said with absolute certainty. Doesn't that sound better?

Quote:
After that night, there were little wooded areas, and you had to suffer many problematic things of traveling.

Sentence sounds odd.

Why not try "After that night we came upon little wooded areas, and suffered the many problems of traveling. D, suggestion. Try working on syntax (order of words).

Quote:
The bandits started going past the tree everyone was hiding behind.

Avoid passive voice here. Instead of saying what you have above write the verb as an action. Like "The bandits started to pass the tree everyone was hiding behind." Actions need action tenses. Passive voice goes more with emotion and narrative.

Quote:
A big man rode. He rode to one of the samurai. The samurai was Jabiro’s disciple. Juanito liked Jabiro’s disciple.

Okay, why not try and combine a few of these sentences. Its slowing the pace of story down. Although I understand what you were trying to do by writing like that. But its just slowing the pace here and sounds very repetitive.

Quote:
Two men unsheathed four swords.

Sounds a bit confusing. I think you meant to say that each men drew two swords apiece, but thats a guess. Or you could mean that two men each drew four swords. You're confusing us here. I got the gist of what you meant from the later sentences, but still you should explain that better.

Quote:
The bandits had already confronted the few samurai. The European man had shot twice.

This would sound better if you put combined the two sentences. "The bandits had already confronted the few samurai, and he saw that the European man had shot twice already. Making sure he wasn't too visible, he slid down the trunk of the tree." Make sure your sentences are read smoothily. I am finding a lot of choppy ones.

Okay one last note D. You started to do this in the first part of your story. But could you please, please, separate your dialogue? And put spaces between paragraphs because not only was this a freakin long chapter, it was one that hurt my eyes. And you can answer your own question by just reading this post. Laughing

-Confucius
Muaddib
Comrade

Topics: 30

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice chapter D.
Random

Items

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi D! Another good chapter my friend! It was rather unexpected but that isn't a bad thing! Smile

I would think at this point Kihachi might be pushed a bit too far. He is a peasant after all and just witnessed most of the samurai's he has admired and who agreed to help him, die. Then he comes home to find everything he knows destroyed and a letter from his wife saying she was leaving him. Holy crap I would want to kill someone also! His life is getting worse than Harry Potter! Smile

This chapter felt a bit too rushed. Like you simply wanted to get some loose ends tied up so you could continue the story in the direction you wanted it to go. Again not a bad thing or criticism at all. I just felt like things kind of got out of control. Plus you shifted the speech patterns into a more modern way of speaking. This actually did affect the story. We were no longer in ancient Japan. It felt more like Hell's kitchen or the Bronx.

All of that aside, it was another good chapter D.
D-Lotus
Venerable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch. I hate critisizm. But I guess it's part of writing.

Quote:
When writing dialogue, and you want to add the "he said" "she said" stuff, put a comma after the character's words. Like for the first one, "My father is nothing but a selfish fool," you reply."

It also keeps MS Word from doing random automatic capitalizing. Same goes for the second quote. You only put a period at the end of dialogue, if you're not going to add the "he said" stuff.

I was never sure about that rule...thanks for informing me.

Quote:
The dialogue in the second quote does not sound right. It would be better if you had a conjunction after "he said." Something like "No, you are," he said with absolute certainty. Doesn't that sound better?

You're right. Maybe what I was trying to convey was: He said, absolutely cartain of himself. I thought that He said, absolutely certain would make it's meaning through across to the reader. Oh well.

Quote:
Sentence sounds odd.

Why not try "After that night we came upon little wooded areas, and suffered the many problems of traveling. D, suggestion. Try working on syntax (order of words).

Or maybe : and you had to suffer the many problematic things of traveling..
It was just a slip, and therefore I think I do NOT need to consult syntax.

Quote:
Avoid passive voice here. Instead of saying what you have above write the verb as an action. Like "The bandits started to pass the tree everyone was hiding behind." Actions need action tenses. Passive voice goes more with emotion and narrative.

ok. It's hard not to be passive when you're just telling the story though...

Quote:
Okay, why not try and combine a few of these sentences. Its slowing the pace of story down. Although I understand what you were trying to do by writing like that. But its just slowing the pace here and sounds very repetitive.

If you really understood what I was trying to do you wouldn't have said anything. I don't really think it's slowing anything down, since I only did it in one or two paragraphs.

Quote:
Two men unsheathed four swords.

Sounds a bit confusing. I think you meant to say that each men drew two swords apiece, but thats a guess. Or you could mean that two men each drew four swords. You're confusing us here. I got the gist of what you meant from the later sentences, but still you should explain that better.

I was trying to create something new there. I was trying out the style. I was also seeing how confusing it was to the reader. Basically it's this: Both guys jumped in between two horsemen each. Then they unsheathed their katana and wakazashi and struck at each of their two horse men at the same time as they unsheathed and with the same timing.

Quote:
This would sound better if you put combined the two sentences. "The bandits had already confronted the few samurai, and he saw that the European man had shot twice already. Making sure he wasn't too visible, he slid down the trunk of the tree." Make sure your sentences are read smoothily. I am finding a lot of choppy ones.

I was trying to create a sense of danger with the constant short sentences, but I'll accept your advice.

Quote:
Okay one last note D. You started to do this in the first part of your story. But could you please, please, separate your dialogue? And put spaces between paragraphs because not only was this a freakin long chapter, it was one that hurt my eyes

When it's in Word Pad, It's separated, but when I paste it on to the post, it screws up and I never notice. I will however fix it... tomorrow....

Wait, did I miss the positive comment there, Rave?

Ok, Random:
Quote:
This chapter felt a bit too rushed. Like you simply wanted to get some loose ends tied up so you could continue the story in the direction you wanted it to go. Again not a bad thing or criticism at all. I just felt like things kind of got out of control.

Interesting opinion. You may be partly right. The problem is, that in the next chapter, a period of five years will go by, regardless of whatever you guys vote, so I did have to wrap SOME things up. I'm sorry if it had this effect on you, but it was also partly neccessary for the surprise of the chapter.

Quote:
His life is getting worse than Harry Potter!

Haha.

Quote:
and a letter from his wife saying she was leaving him

But she only left him so that he could have a better life.

Did I miss the positive comment, Random?
Oh wait, no, there it is! Very Happy
Quote:
All of that aside, it was another good chapter D

Glad you enjoyed it! :wink: ..I mean, I did work my ass out writing it...
Mordok

Items

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You worked it out? Just how DO you type, D? Very Happy

Sounds like a strange exercise routine you have there.
saxon215

Items

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i definately liked it though, kihachi should go a little nutso soon, i'd like to see that
Ravenwing
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot to give you a good comment, D. I still think the story is great. All those suggestions are just suggestions. It has a great potencial to be published if you wanted it to be, but from reading the publishers requirement, it would seem that expect their authors to have well-edited manuscripts. Oh and I know what you mean about copying and pasting from any word processor. Always ruins the spacing, hate it, really annoying especially when you're posting and the starting bell is ringing. 8)

-Confucius
Random

Items

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hrmmm... I really didn't represent my thoughts well in the last post. The only thing that really bothered me was the shift into more modern dialect. But it did not take away from my enjoyment of the story! It was still really good!

The fact that it felt rushed and busy, well that's how a fight can often feel! It is out of control! Especially one involving so many people! So that was not a bad thing at all!

Can't wait to read what happens next! Smile
Smee
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I was trying to create a sense of danger with the constant short sentences.

I spotted that, and thought it worked well. I suppose it depends on the reader.
Reiso
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey D-man, good chapter. You have a knack for evoking emotional reponses that (with a little more refinement), are the makings of a good writer.

An instructer once said that if you can make people sad or happy with your writing that it is a sign of latent talent. Structure is always a big issue for me, but you've already been dressed down, so I'll shut up.

Also, about the severed head thing, I heard about a guy who did experiments in France when the guillotine was in heavy use. He would do things like tell them to blink as fast as they could before their heads came off (though why they agreed is beyond me), and after the heads came off the eyes continued to blink for something like a minute. Another thing he did was take a newly severed head and put it on a table facing him and call the guys' name. They eyes would open, look around and then close again, llike someone falling asleep. This worked something like three or five times before the head would stop responding.

Creepy, huh?

Sector 17 -- Rebuilding... ... ...

In the desert
I saw a creature, naked, bestial,
Who, squatting upon the ground,
Held his heart in his hands,
And ate of it.
I said, "Is it good, friend?"
"It is bitter--bitter," he answered;
"But I like it
Because it is bitter
And because it is my heart."  -- Stephen Crane
Smee
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well creepy.
D-Lotus
Venerable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was right after all saxon!!!!! Haha!

Quote:
Hey D-man, good chapter. You have a knack for evoking emotional reponses that (with a little more refinement), are the makings of a good writer.

Compliments always feel so good.

Quote:
Hrmmm... I really didn't represent my thoughts well in the last post. The only thing that really bothered me was the shift into more modern dialect. But it did not take away from my enjoyment of the story! It was still really good

Oh, about the dialect. I have no clue how they talked in ancient Japan, so if I tried to do it I would sound stupid. Also it's boring and people don't familiarize with it. It's also hard to write. And when I checked the Musashi book by Eiji Yoshikawa, they talked normal...(well they didn't say Wats up g-dog...but they said Bastard! abd stuff like that.

Quote:
I still think the story is great

Oh, there it is :wink: .

Quote:
kihachi should go a little nutso soon, i'd like to see that

I'll consider it.

The biggest problem in the story is that I DID rush it in the beggining. I had to set up to more characters fast so that I could move on with the story though. I felt that we had been stuck forever in that town, time to move on. Anyway, I'll go do the paragraph separating, although it won't matter much. OK, you guys think of what to do in the meanwhile. So far the most sensible thing was Smee's idea, to help the survivors. Of course we could always make him drink rum and forget it all...

EDIT:
I fixed everything! I think...
Mordok

Items

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got Rum?

Pick a new wife from the survivors and declare himself ruler of the village. That would be a good twist. Very Happy
D-Lotus
Venerable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yay, I have two pages... Hmmm, strange opinion Mordok...ESPECIALLY BECAUSE THE VILLAGE IS DESTROYED!
Mordok

Items

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't expect his to start at the top can you?
D-Lotus
Venerable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you want him to reconstruct the village?
saxon215

Items

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah but the scientist never magaed to get them to talk now did he?
thats because its medically imposible, him not having lungs atached meaning that he cannot make sounds, the brain lives for a while after the rest of the body dies but i dont remebrr how long
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> InterFable Stories - Bushido - COMPLETE All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: