Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
List of Current Active SGs

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> City Central -> City Auditorium
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Tikanni Corazon
Honored Citizen

Topics: 75
Location: Running through the plains of my mind, my wolf spirit at my side (but doing so in the UK!).

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:15 pm    Post subject: List of Current Active SGs Reply with quote

This is a message from the Vice Mayoress and Fantasy Mod, so take heed or fear my wrath! *waves magic fingers menacingly*

I have actually been discussing at length with a select few IFians, how to get this place thriving again. But, as it's now being spoken about by others, I'll take it to the rest of the city too. I've made a list of all the more recently active threads in all the SG forums (note, I've only put up storygames and not those in linear, meaning that those included have a suggestion phase and a poll). My friends and I are going to be doing as planned, and being as active as we possibly can and I urge you all to do the same. Any newbie that enters the city at the moment is going to walk straight back out again, due to the risk of dying of boredom.

There are some FABULOUS SGs on this list, and your lives will only be enriched by following them. So, without further ado, here they are! Please, enjoy them!!!

(note - Those separated from the rest in their category are SGs with their own forums)

~~~

Active SGs

Fantasy Forest
The Colour of Sound - Andolyn (10 chapters)
Eden's Call - Lilith (10 chapters + prologue)
The Other Side - Tikanni Corazon (2 chapters + prologue)
Frozen Flame - Andolyn and Tikanni Corazon (3 chapters + prologue)
Line of Kavanagh: Shadows on the Horizon - Andolyn (2 chapters + prologue)
Mist in a Cave - kkdestiny (4 chapters)

The Children of Leyond - Kalanna Rai (21 chapters + prologue & interlude)

Is This Me? - PopeAlessandrosXVIII (10 chapters)

Dark Fantasy
Path of Destiny - Tikanni Corazon (6 chapters + prologue}

IF Tales
Darkest Hour - Lilith (1 chapter + prologue)

Skiffiville
To be a Knight - PopeAlessandrosXVIII (5 chapters + prologue)
Directive - Syranore (2 chapters + prologue)

Dark Sci-fi/Experimental
Virtual Paradigm - Shillelagh (6 chapters)

Manor of the Macabre
Escaping Eternia - misterbiz (15 chapters)
Alice - Misterbiz (8 chapters + prologue)
The Hidden Crime - Sagittaeri (4 chapters)
Host - Kalanna Rai (5 chapters)
The Figure in the Mists - Tikanni Corazon (2 chapter + prologue)

Dark Horror
Kissing the Darkness - misterbiz (11 chapters + prologue)

Reality Road
One More Time - Misterbiz (2 chapter + prologue)
Raid Breakers - Kalanna Rai (1 chapter + prologue)
Getting Lucky - misterbiz (1 chapter + prologue)

Dark General Fiction

~~~

Other IF Activities

Linear Lane - a few of the more recent offerings in the Linear district!

Across Solar Seas - Kalanna Rai (prologue)
The End Started at Sorrowfall - misterbiz
The Last Disciple of Light - Kalanna Rai (11 chapters + prologue)
Prevention - PaperSwan (5 chapters)
The Lost - misterbiz (prologue)
The Chronicles of Lanthos - Lilith (2 chapters + preface)
Legacy - PaperSwan (2 chapters)

Roleplays

The Kingdom of Istraal - Lilith and Tikanni Corazon (please send any character applications to either of the GMs for approval by clicking on one of the links)

A Life Everlasting - Coming Soon! (please click HERE for details or contact myself, Tikanni Corazon, via PM!

This list will be regularly updated, as new SGs arise, and old ones rekindle. I would also say to you all, please don't be put off by the length of some of the entries. All of the tales on this list are fabulous, and well worth the time it takes to get through them.

Thanks for looking, and I hope this encourages you to enjoy the City's offerings to the fullest! Wink

Yours Sincerely

Tikanni Corazon x

Last edited by Tikanni Corazon on Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:52 am; edited 23 times in total
Andolyn
Mayor's Ambassador

Topics: 20
Location: sitting barefoot in a tree in the beautiful land of Ardara, writing my tales...

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teeheehee... ACTION!! iiii like it. Wink

FORWARD WITH THE CONSPIRACY!!!
Muaddib
Comrade

Topics: 30

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Death Day by Pope is also active in the Speedwriting section.
Tikanni Corazon
Honored Citizen

Location: Running through the plains of my mind, my wolf spirit at my side (but doing so in the UK!).

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason that I didn't include Deathday, is because I believe Pope is in the process of writing the final chapter, and therefore it is no longer an 'active' SG, in the fact that others can no longer join in. Though it's a pretty good read all the same, for those of you who care to give it a whirl (it also needs a tie-breaker at the moment, for anyone reading). Wink

Quote:
FORWARD WITH THE CONSPIRACY!!!

Woo! *prints t-shirts with the quoted slogan and tosses one to Andolyn* Wink

Last edited by Tikanni Corazon on Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Muaddib
Comrade

Topics: 30

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaah yes, good point.
Andolyn
Mayor's Ambassador

Topics: 20
Location: sitting barefoot in a tree in the beautiful land of Ardara, writing my tales...

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*catches and puts on*

teeheeheeheehee >:]
Crunchyfrog
Honorable IFian

Topics: 168

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good work Tiks!

Thumbs Up
Tikanni Corazon
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Crunchy! Very Happy

Lilith
Honored Citizen

Topics: 82

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*assists the Guildmistress by handing out hats and ... well, IF Thongs too*

Good work Tikanni! Wink

© 2007-2019 Lilith
Tikanni Corazon
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*hugs Lily* Thankies!

Edit - And thanks to whoever set up the links to the SGs in the list. Never been able to get the hang of that myself. Wink

Tikanni Corazon
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okies, just given the list a quick update, though if I've missed anything just let me know and I'll sort it out asap. Also managed to work out how to set up the links to the SGs which I'm kinda proud of myself for (lame I know, but indulge me, I'm not a computer person regardless of the amount of time I spend on one *giggles*).

Amichan
Treasurer

Topics: 18
Location: RL:Roseboro, NC./ IF: Retuning from a long journey in the land of OFF

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice Wink We should keep this updated as much as possible if we can
Tikanni Corazon
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Kang! I plan on going through it all at least once a month, though if it's busy that will have to become considerably more frequent, me thinks.

Amichan
Treasurer

Topics: 18
Location: RL:Roseboro, NC./ IF: Retuning from a long journey in the land of OFF

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tikanni Corazon wrote:
Thanks Kang! I plan on going through it all at least once a month, though if it's busy that will have to become considerably more frequent, me thinks.

No prob This will be nice as we can then easily go through and select those eligable for Spotlight.. Save a ton of time Very Happy
Thunderbird
Elder

Topics: 104

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tikanni Corazon wrote:
And thanks to whoever set up the links to the SGs in the list. Never been able to get the hang of that myself. Wink

Very Happy

CHAPTER 25: Near-Light Speed (NEW CHAPTER! (12/4/2011))
Zephyrrr! And...
Thunderbird
Elder

Topics: 104

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should work on updating this soon I think - establish some sort of update schedule. I'm also thinking we may want to put a link to this somewhere on the front page actually...

CHAPTER 25: Near-Light Speed (NEW CHAPTER! (12/4/2011))
Zephyrrr! And...
Tikanni Corazon
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, the active SG list has been updated...though it should have been done a long time before now, and for that I apologise.

Just a couple of notes as to how I've gone about adding and deleting from the prior list and how I will go about it in the future:

SGs will only be added to the list once they have more than one chapter (a prologue plus a chapter/chapters is accepted). So if anyone notices that any brand new SGs are missing from the list, this is why, and, if they have new chapters by the next update, they will be added then.

I'm also not adding SGs to the list which are lacking in good grammar. Not saying it has to be perfect, but it has to have basically good layout and spelling.

SGs that have been non-active for 3 months or more will be removed from the list (at the time this is being written, there are a few in danger of being removed, so you have until the next update to get your skates on and get a new chappie out Wink)

Okie dokie, as I said before, these are the rules I will be using in the future as well, but if anyone has a problem, just let me know, and I'll see what I can do about it. Smile

Lilith
Honored Citizen

Topics: 82

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*hands the Guildmistress the Whip of Obedience* Go you!

© 2007-2019 Lilith
Tikanni Corazon
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooo! *takes the whip and gives it an experimental crack* Oh, I like this! Thank you ever so, Lil! Wink

Tikanni Corazon
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okie dokie, as we're on the cusp of the election, it occured to me to update this list...for the first time this year! *cringes* Awfully sorry! But it's been done now, and that's the main thing. Wink

I have scoured the City, seeking out each of the currently active SGs, of which I found 7 new ones to add. Unfortunately that didn't make up for the 11 I had to delete from the list beforehand.

*claps hands sharply* Come on people, we all (including myself, so don't think I'm focusing on telling everyone else off here) need to start supporting each other more here. An active City is going to be more appealing to any potential newbies that happen to come across our fair site.

Anyway *waves my magic wand* consider the list updated! Smile

Crunchyfrog
Honorable IFian

Topics: 168

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for this... Having not been able to participate for such a long time its great to be pointed in the right direction. Cool
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Topics: 173

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Browsing through here looking for some late night reading and after staring at the numbers for a bit I've come to the conclusion I write too much. Perhaps I should debate slowing down a tad...

"Music makes you braver."
Tikanni Corazon
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Crunchy - My pleasure, happy to help. Smile

@Rai - Considering that your SGs are popular, Rai, I wouldn't bother slowing it down if I was you. Wink

Tikanni Corazon
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just gone over the City's current active SGs and YAY! We got a couple of new ones added to the list. Smile And hopefully, given the amount of prologues in the threads atm, we'll have a few more by the next update. Wink

Anyway, consider it updated, and anyone who needs a guide to the City's active SGs in order to help them figure out what nominations to make for the upcoming IFYs, look no further. Smile All SGs included in the list have good storylines, good grammar and are each worthy of nomination.

VenomousAngel
Resident

Topics: 4

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both of mine are not placed on the active list, which they both are active currently.

Anchorage Horror

&

Destiny's Intertwined

Do not think they should be excluded, but feel free to let me know if they cannot.

Tikanni Corazon
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Added Ven, but please check your PM box. Smile

Tikanni Corazon
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

August update, complete! This month, I've also added in the SGs which are currently just a prologue, in order to send new readers in the right direction. Smile

Tikanni Corazon
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Consider the September update officially done! Lost a couple of SGs and added one, so nothing major. Wink

We are having a rather huge lag in proper activity though. Please, people, get your arses into gear and do something about it! It takes, what, 15 minutes to read and comment on a chapter? Andi and I are working our arses off both in front and behind the scenes to try and find ways to help get the city more active, but it's not going to work unless the basic activity is coming from the members that are already here in the first place.

*points up to the list* They're only a link's click away. Everyone on that list, all of you expecting and wanting readers for your own SGs I'm sure, should be returning the favour. It's just common courtesy.

Tikanni Corazon
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, the October update is complete! And I've added a small piece on the other activities currently active on IF which I hope will grab the interest of a few IFians! Wink Enjoy!

kkdestiny
Mayor

Topics: 56

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for this thread, it is of much help to me right now.

I'm actually curious about what will be going on during Novembers update Very Happy

"The Freedom of Magic" Just got its THIRD chapter up!

Hope you all find the time to read them Very Happy *goes off to look for an SG to read*

Note to self: The Elven Moon; Coin; SVI; Black Animals; Two Wolves; Angel Cat
Tikanni Corazon
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Consider the November update complete! Smile We've lost a couple, but gained one active SG. One thing I did notice though, was that there were no less than 10 SGs with new chapters! Which I personally thought was rather awesome! But - there is a 'but' to this - due to that, there should be more activity. Really, people, there should. I know we're not flooded with IFians currently, but there's certainly enough to warrant at least double...possibly triple the amount of comments in the threads. And I mean the proper SGs here.

The StoryGames are the heart and soul of the site. They are the main activity to take part in here, and yet they're not really getting it. And why? Does everyone not find it enjoyable to, alongside friends, be a part of the tales being told on this site?

So anyway, putting reasons and such to one side, as an extra service here on my part, I'm going to be listing specifically the SGs with new chapters each month, just in case they're being accidentally overlooked.

Frozen Flame - Andolyn & Tikanni Corazon
Line of Kavanagh: Shadows on the Horizon - Andolyn
Mist in a Cave - kkdestiny
The Children of Leyond - Kalanna Rai
Is This Me? - PopeAlessandrosXVIII
Path of Destiny - Tikanni Corazon
Darkest Hour - Lilith
Virtual Paradigm - Shillelagh
Host - Kalanna Rai
Getting Lucky - misterbiz

Please read them! They're all awesome stories!

Tikanni Corazon
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The December update, though late, is now done! There weren't many new chapters to modify on to the list, but there were no removals either, and a couple of new additions to the list, so not too bad all in all. Smile I've also gone over the forums and swept out the SGs that have been inactive for more than three months (though I accidentally left shadow threads in the Fantasy Forest, so Andi will have to sort that little hiccup out, as I'm not sure how to, lol!). So we're all spruced for the Christmas season - pun actually not intended surprisingly. Wink

The following SGs had new chapters this month:

Line of Kavanagh:Shadows on the Horizon - Andolyn
Host - Kalanna Rai
Kissing the Darkness - misterbiz

Just an extra note - When any of you get a few spare moments, please read through the entries in the CHRISTMAS SHORT-STORY COMPETITION 2012 and vote for your favourite. If you could do that, it would be much appreciated, thank you. Smile

So yeah, update complete for this month. Hope everyone has an awesome Christmas!

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> City Auditorium All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: