Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
Revenge (UndeadCowboy & Midnight)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> Role Player's Den -> One-On-One Role Plays
View previous topic :: View next topic  

UndeadCowboy
Citizen

Topics: 2

Items
Legends
Fables
2245 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:10 am    Post subject: Revenge (UndeadCowboy & Midnight) Reply with quote

My name is of no importance. Most people just call me Undead, because, well, I have a habit of getting myself out of life-threatening situations.

This entire country, whatever it was called, had been the victim of some great catastrophe. Some said it was a bomb, others say it was a flood, but there was one thing all the stories agreed upon: The rest of the world was unconcerned with what happened here. But that happened long before even my father's time. This is a story about here and now.

I should probably take a minute to say that I was travelling a lot at this time in my life. My pale complexion was usually stained darker with grime, my dark features always messy with exertion.

I climbed carefully over a broken car. The glass crunched beneath my thick boots as I landed. Looking around carefully, I spied a few water bottle strewn around a vending machine, along with a couple of old corpses nearby.

"Midnight!" I called to my companion, "You recognise those guys?"

I grabbed a few bottles and put them in my pack while I waited. Water was hard to come by out here, and I'd be damned if I was going to go without.

Signed,

The Undead Cowboy
Midnight
Citizen

Topics: 7

Items
Legends
Fables
2295 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know why Undead yelled at me, I was right beside him after all. I didn't react to what he had asked me at first, I was too busy looking over an old bottle cap. As simple of an object it was, it was enough to distract me for a brief moment.

"Midnight! Did you hear me?" I heard Undead ask again.

I flicked the bottle cap away and made my way to the bodies that Undead had referred to. The first thing I noticed was the smell and I had to hold down vomit as I looked the bodies over. One thing was clear, even if I had known these men there was no way of me identifying them now.

"It’s a lost cause Dead, no one could recognise them now. Not even their loved ones."

UndeadCowboy
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
2245 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I see," Undead muttered, stroking his stubble subconsciously, "I figured that's be the case. We'll need to keep moving, but maybe we should search them. I mean, they don't need their gear anymore."

Undead began to search through the dead man's pockets for anything of value. He found a few bullets, an old hunting rifle, a packet of honey-biscuits, and a simple meat knife. He took the biscuits, the rifle and bullets. With his own hunting knife, he had no immediate need for another.

"Hey, could you use this?" He held up the knife so Midnight could see it, "I've already got one."

Signed,

The Undead Cowboy
Midnight
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
2295 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I perked my head up and smiled as I saw the blade Undead was holding. The blade wasn't anything special and just looked like your average knife. But something about the way the blade shone when the sun hit it was hypnotising. But then again I had always thought this way about all knives.

"You need not ask, tis a knife. I love knifes." I replied gleefully.

Undead only rolled his eyes in return and I grabbed the knife from his clutches, slightly craddling it before putting it in my backpack. There was no need to eqiupt it now, the blade would need to be tended to before I would have any use for it.

"So, where are we headed to now captain?" I asked Undead, saluting.

UndeadCowboy
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
2245 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I groaned at the salute, but left my complaints aside. Midnight was an odd girl, but she was genuine, and I liked that. Most people out here would sell you for a few bites of food and some water, but not Midnight.

I looked around the street. It was a mess, but that is to be expected of a city with no maintenance workers. There were a few doors around, but not enough to be bothered with. This was a joining street, so the only exits were at either end.

"I honestly have no idea," I said, shading my eyes to look at the position of the sun. Near noon, perhaps early afternoon. Good. I tucked the biscuits and and bullets into a pouch in my backpack, and continued to hold the rifle.

"Anyway, this is your mission. I'm just the muscle, remember?" a smile crossed my face as I tucked the rifle into a soldier's stance, saluted, and said, "So, where to, Captain?"

Signed,

The Undead Cowboy
Midnight
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
2295 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Me? Decide?" I asked perplexed.

I knew that this would be turned to me somehow.

Undead had a point however, he was just the muscle watching my back as I searched for my father. Revenge was my only motive and I wouldn't let anything get in my way, my father would pay.

However, I had always found it odd how Undead just went along with it. I always knew he had an alternative motive but he never told me and I wasn't going to ask knowing what the answer was going to be. Though with the stuff we've been through I barely saw him as 'just the muscle' now.

I looked around and noticed that the sun was starting to go down. The place was deserted and this was how it had been for the past week. Undead was still standing there saluted and I could see him holding in laughter.

"Okay well I suppose we should try to find someplace to stay the night. Its still early but we can't take a chance," I said, kicking the corpse subconciously. "But you will lead, you are after all, the muscle." I smirked and tried to contain my laughter.

UndeadCowboy
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
2245 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Okay then, just follow me," I said, moving towards one end of the street, "I'll find us a spot."

We moved through the streets, occaisionally checking inside doors for a place to stay. As the sun was just touching the horizon, I found a likely spot.

"Midnight, this place looks good," I said, gesturing to a door much like the rest, "It's going to get cold tonight, I can feel it, so we'd be safest staying indoors."

As we walked in, a mouse scurried past and out the door. The single room was rather musty, a side-effect of not being used for so long. But it did have a strong door, a roof and four walls, and that's all that mattered to me. However I did take a second in choosing, for Midnight's sake.

The room was small, a living room by the looks of it. A ratty couch was leant up against the wall, and an almost equally ruined matress was found in an adjoining closet.

"So what do you want for dinner," I said, emptying my pack onto the couch, "We have some beef jerkey, a little bit of salted pork, some sultanas and a couple of honey biscuits I got from those dead guys."

While Midnight decided, I packed a few of the other things which had fallen out in the emptying. The bullets, some trail mix for during the day, and a few other things. His hands stopped on an old revolver. The entire mechanism had long gone to rust, but it was the only thing he kept with him that had no real function.

After a moment longer, he stowed it in his bag and stood up.

"Hey, you done choosing yet?"

Signed,

The Undead Cowboy
Midnight
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
2295 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had already begun to munch on the sultanas when Undead first asked me what I wanted to eat. I looked over at the beef jerky then looked over at Undead, who was still paying no attention to what I was doing.

“Well, I’m not too sure,” I replied as I reached for the jerky, only to stop once I realised Undead staring at me. I quickly withdrew my hand and smiled innocently. “I think a bit of jerky will do me for the night. What about you?”

Undead continued to stand there glaring at me so I decided to move away. Glancing away from Undead I skipped over to the matress trying to keep my innocent persona and sat down, swinging my legs side to side smiling.

UndeadCowboy
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
2245 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew exactly what Midnight was doing. To be honest, I hadn't eaten a single sultana since we'd started travelling together.

"Well I guess I'll just have some of those biscuits then," I said as i grabbed the rest of the food, packing carefully into my own pack.

I broke one biscuit in half and stashed the rest. Food like this was a lucky find, and I wanted to make it last as long as possible. I settled on the couch and we started talking. I found out early on that it was pointless to ask about home, as Midnight seemed uninterested in that vein of discussion. We were the same, in that respect: I had my reasons, she had hers.

"How were the sultanas?" I asked, finishing my food and lounging on the couch, "Satisfying I hope."

Signed,

The Undead Cowboy
Midnight
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
2295 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"What ever do you mean. We had no sultanas," I replied cheekily as I watched him eat his biscuit. "Besides, sultanas are not important at this time. We have to plan our next move. I really need to get my weapons sharpened, and we are running out of water." I stated, changing the subject to a more serious one.

I took my backpack off and one by one emptied the contents onto the floor beside me. I had one water bottle, the knife Undead and given me earlier, a packet of sultanas and a crowbar.

UndeadCowboy
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
2245 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ignored the sultanas, I had already eaten, so no point being bothered by them.

"Well you're lucky I grabbed a few back at the vending machine, eh?" I said, pulling three from the bag, "I knew you'd space out, so I grabbed a few extra."

I tossed the bottles to Midnight and closed my eyes.

"You take the matress. It's not quite as damaged as the sofa," I said as I relaxed myself, "Don't you get up to anything while I'm out. I wouldn't want to have to try and find you. Remember last time?"

Signed,

The Undead Cowboy
Midnight
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
2295 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"HEY! It was not all bad. I just thought I heard something outside. I would have found my way back eventually." I replied, feeling my cheeks heat up from embarrassment.

I didn't wait for a reply, I just laid down on the matress and turned away, leaving the bottles where they had landed. I felt as though I had over reacted over a simple thing, but I didn't like the situation being mentioned again. After all, it was only the one time.

I closed my eyes and tried to get some rest, it was going to be another big day tommorrow.

UndeadCowboy
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
2245 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Midnight's reaction was a bit more forceful than I had hoped for. I was surprised she was still so touchy about it, but I let it lie. She would come around eventually, I just hoped she'd be more amiable in the morning.

I relaxed further and soon found that I was fast asleep.

Signed,

The Undead Cowboy
Midnight
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
2295 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I awoke in the middle of the night. I stood up and looked outside swearing I heard a sound. I looked over at Undead who was fast asleep and decided not to wake him. I could handle myself.

I walked over to my bag and took out my knife that I had bought with me. Cautiously I made my way outside and looked around. Everything was quiet and I couldn't see anything in the darkness.

This is such a bad idea. I thought to myself.

After a while I slowly made my way back inside the hideout, satisfied that nothing was outside. Almost at the door, I was suddenly grabbed from behind by the neck. I struggled to get free as I was dragged further away from the house, the grip firm around my neck.

Finally coming to the conclusion that struggling was doing nothing, I pushed off the ground hard enough to get airborn and attempted to flip over the stranger. We both fell on the ground while I was mid-flip and I took this chance to stab the attacker. I turned to face him and managed to stab him in the shoulder and he screamed in pain. He kicked me off him and I quickly got to my feet and gripped the knife tighter.

Maybe I should have listened and stayed inside. I thought.

UndeadCowboy
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
2245 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was awake as soon as I heard the scream. Glancing at the matress, I noticed that Midnight was absent. Cursing, I grabbed the rifle and fished the bullets from my pack.

I loaded the rifle with a round, praising my good luck that they were the right calibre. I opened the door quietly and assessed the scene. Midnight was facing off with a bigger man. She was holding her own with the knife, but the man had a height and weight advantage.

I aimed down the sights at the man, perhaps a slaver or a bandit.

"Stop moving or you'll have a new airhole in that thick skull of yours," I said, hoping my voice was menacing enough to halt him.

It was, and he turned around slowly.

"Good to see your ears work," I growled, "Now tell me. Why would you want to attack a pretty little lady such as this? Not very sporting now, is it?"

Signed,

The Undead Cowboy
Midnight
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
2295 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The man turned as he heard Undead yell. I looked over to Undead and noticed he had his gun loaded and ready to fire. I couldn't take the chance, we couldn't be sure that this man was alone.

I gripped my knife and ran towards the burly man, he turned to late and I stabbed him in the stomach, making sure that I did not hit anything vital. The man didn't fall so I hit him across the head a couple of times until he did.

"Don't judge me Dead, just get him inside, it will be safer there." I yelled over at Undead, who was shocked by my actions.

UndeadCowboy
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
2245 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was furious with Midnight, but I put that aside for later. I wrapped the man's arm around my shoulder and dragged him inside.

"Damn he's heavy!" I muttered as I dropped him onto the ground.

"Get me the rope from my pack. See if you can find a needle and some wire too," I told Midnight. I was going to get some answers from this guy.

After she brought me the things I'd asked for, I tied his hands and feet. Then I proceeded to stitch up his wounds. The man stunk worse than either myself or Midnight ever had. I retched as I closed the last wound.

"I wish you hadn't made such a mess of him," I complained, "That wire wasn't cheap."

Signed,

The Undead Cowboy
Midnight
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
2295 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I was thinking of our well fair Dead, there was no way of knowing this man was alone. If we had a pleasent conversation outside, who knows what would have happened. This way, even if he is not alone, his friends will think twice about attacking." I retorted back, my temper rising.

UndeadCowboy
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
2245 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hadn't seen Midnight this worked up before, but I was already angry, and the last thing I wanted at that moment was to consider her feelings.

"Well maybe if you hadn't left like I told you to, we wouldn't be in this mess to begin with!" I spat back.

I knew it was unfair to say it, and regretted it afterwards, but as I said, I wasn't too concerned with her emotions at that point.

Signed,

The Undead Cowboy
Midnight
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
2295 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I snapped at that point, how dare he treat me like a child.

"I am not a child Dead! I can handle myself! It is obvious, there is a wounded man right infront of you! You are only the muscle remember, and I've just come to realise, you are muscle I don't need! I will find my father on my own, you two have fun." I yelled. I had grown tired of being treated like a child by Dead. He was in no position to talk.

I gathered my things and stormed out of the house and soon, after what felt like hours I turned and could no longer see the house where I had been. There was a house nearby and I used it for shelter for the night, I was exhausted.

UndeadCowboy
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
2245 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sat there stunned as she left. I just sat there, hoping she'd come back. After a few hours, I realised this was not the case. Furious, I kicked the man in front of me, opening the stitches in his shoulder. The man groaned as I lifted him up.

"Time to wake up, Chuckles," I hissed at him, "Beddy-bye time is over."

"Ugh, wha-AGH!" His sentence was cut off as I jammed my free hand into his wound.

"Don't speak unless I tell you to, got it?" He nodded in response.

"Ever heard of Archon Industries?" I asked, squeezing the wound to punctuate my question.

Gasping, the man replied, "No-n-n I mean please don't make me. They'd kill me!"

I jammed my fingers into the wound again, making him scream again, "Next time, I use my knife on your face. What do you know?"

"Last I heard, they were holed up in some old radio tower, on the opposite side of town!" he stammered, eager to avoid pain.

Easier than expected, I mused, "Thanks, now wasn't that easy?"

"Are you gonna let me go?" the man asked hopefully, "You're gonna kill 'em right?"

"Perhaps," I said, standing up, "Or they may kill me. Either way, you're not going to live long enough to find out."

He started writhing on the spot, wincing as his other stitches tore. I drew my hunting knife and dragged it across his throat.

Now that I know where we're going, I have to find Midnight, I thought, packing the remainder of my things.

As I moved to leave, I realised that Midnight had left her extra bottles of water on the floor. Dammit Midnight, what would you do without me?

I shoved the bottles into my pack and hurried out the door.

Signed,

The Undead Cowboy
Midnight
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
2295 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I awoke the next day, the sun peering through the small gaps of the house. I hadn't noticed how broken down the place was and was quite happy it didn't collapse on me during the night.

I grabbed my bag and started munching on the sultanas I had taken only to realise that I had forgotten to take the water bottles Dead had given me.

"DAMMIT!" I yelled, realising my stupidity.

There was no way I was going to survive on just one water bottle and I had no idea how long that would last me. I had to find more water, along with some more food before I could leave for a nearby town.

I gathered my things and left the broken down house. Searching the nearby buildings for any resources.

UndeadCowboy
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
2245 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stepped outside carelessly. If the man had friends, they'd have run off or they would have attacked as soon as they'd heard the screams. Right now I had to trust that I would find Midnight before I got to the Radio Tower, now visible above the ruined buildings. I picked my way between the cars and rubble, keeping an eye out for food, water, and enemies. I spotted a box of sultanas and grabbed them, just in case.

I actually thought I saw Midnight at one point, a shadow running between the buildings. I called out, but she was long gone.By the time the sun was low, I was standing looking up at the tower.

Signed,

The Undead Cowboy
Midnight
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
2295 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After scavenging the houses nearby for over 2 hours, I had only found two things. A packet of chips, rifle bullets and bread. I was happy for the food, but disaapointed that the bullets wasn't water. After all, I had no use for bullets, Dead was the one with the gun.

"Oh, screw this. I'll take my chances and travel to a nearby town with only one bottle of water. I may have more luck collecting water on the way there than just walking around aimlessly." I said to myself.

Sure, talking to yourself was unhealthy, but I needed to converse. Even if it meant answering myself.

I packed away the things I had collected, throwing away the bullets. There was nothing I could do with them so I didn't see the point in keeping them.

I took a deep breath and started following the broken path to the south, I had been to the town there before so it wouldn't take me long to arrive.

UndeadCowboy
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
2245 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I crept cautiously into the tower. If there were sentries, they were well hidden. I scanned the bottom floor, finding nothing.

A dead end, I thought, Perhaps I can scavenge for a bit instead.

After poking through a few refuse piles, I found a few more bullets, along with a note.
Quote:
Roger,

The girl is getting too close. We have reason to believe she is in the city. Take your boys and scour the city until she is found. We are moving our operations to Barnes, a town a little ways to the south from here. Don't let us down.

D.

So, that guy wasn't alone after all, I thought.

"Well, I guess I'm heading south too."

I had my own reasons for helping Midnight, and I intended to fulfil them. I left the tower, heading south along the most direct route, continuing to look for supplies. Eventually I came across a strange sight.

I found some bullets lying scattered in the middle of the road. This may not seem significant, but resources were scarce here, most of all bullets. As such, I could only think of one person who would discard them.

"Midnight, it looks like you're on the right track after all," I said as I wondered where she might be.

Signed,

The Undead Cowboy
Midnight
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
2295 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I woke in a dusty room, I had no recollection of how I had gotten here. The last thing I remembered was running out of water, then passing out shortly after. I looked around the room, there was a stack of hay in one corner, a small window on the right hand side and a door adjacent the window.

I stood up and walked over to the window, just outside I could see a small market place and people making there daily purchases. I yelled out to one of the men, but he simply looked over and ignored me. Rolling my eyes I continued to survey the area.

There was an inn across from me, struggling to see I tried to make out the name on the board.

"The Wesel Inn?" I said aloud, "Wesel? That makes no sen-" There was a bang at the door behind me. I tensed as I stared at the door, waiting for someone to enter, but nobody did.

After a few moments had passed I returned my attention to the Inn.

"Wesel makes no sense," I continued, "I've never heard of it, the only thing remotely close to that is Weasel Inn, but thats over in Barn--" I stopped for a moment.

"I'm in Barnes!" I yelled, coming to the realisation that I had arrived where I was heading. "But, why am I in this room?"

UndeadCowboy
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
2245 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It took me all night, but I finally got to Barnes. The sun told me it was about eight o'clock.

Now I needed to find out who this "D" is, and where Archon had their headquarters.

I walked to a marketplace nearby, and thought I could hear Midnight's voice.

"Ugh, I must be running on fumes," I said, rubbing my eyes, "I haven't slept for two nights, after all."

I walked to the nearby Weasel Inn, a place Midnight and I had stayed in a little over a year ago. Talking to the Innkeep, I got a room overlooking the marketplace. I took a minute to gaze out into the street, before lying down in the bed, strangely soft after weeks of sleeping wherever I could find. I dropped off quickly, sleeping soundly.

Signed,

The Undead Cowboy
Midnight
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
2295 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sat in the room for a long time. I had given up hope on yelling for help from the locals, they all ignored my pleas. The door hadn't even been opened once, but it was locked from the other end, so someone must have been out there. I had tried banging on the door earlier, but no one had replied so I simply sat back down and waited.

Bored out of my mind, I grabbed the hay and started throwing it outside. Maybe someone would get annoyed by the hay and come over here to tell me off. I thought. Then I could grab them and get some information.

I stood up and started throwing the hay that was in the corner out the window, I had nothing else to do and it seemed that whoever had locked me up had forgotten about me for now.

UndeadCowboy
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
2245 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was dark when I woke up.

I put my things together in my room, under a hollowed-out dresser the Innkeep had kept for special customers. I took the rifle, the bullets, my knife, a few more biscuits and a bottle of water and set them on myself comfortably. I turned and looked out the window.

A few stalls were still open, hoping to get a few late night shoppers. Perhaps I can ask them about thugs, I thought.

I was just about to leave the window, when I saw something odd. By the light of one of the stalls, I spied a small pile of straw gathered below one of the windows in the square, every so often another piece would join the rest.

"Curious," I thought, "Perhaps I should check it out."

I headed downstairs and paid the Innkeep for another night's use of the room. Leaving through the front door, I walked across the square to the window with the straw. As I looked inside, I put on a winning smile and said "Need some help?"

Signed,

The Undead Cowboy
Midnight
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
2295 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking out the window and seeing Dead standing there, I felt a flood of joy wash over me. But there was no way I was going to let him see how happy I was to see him.

"Oh, its you I see," I snorted, crossing my arms, "I'm not sure if I want your help. Are you going to treat me like a child? Yell at me some more about stabbing that man?" I continued. I did see the contradiction, I was acting like a child but I couldn't stop myself.

UndeadCowboy
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
2245 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was about to argue, but decided against it.

"Midnight," I took a deep breath, "I'm sorry, okay? I treated you like a child, and that was wrong. I was just so scared for a minute, y'know? When I saw your bed empty I was worried you'd been killed, or worse."

I looked away for a minute, "Sure, I was pissed off, but when you left, all I could think was what to do next. So I continued on and here we are. Forgive me?"

I looked back, hopeful for once.

Signed,

The Undead Cowboy
Midnight
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
2295 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I suppose I can accept you're apology.” I replied cheekily. He had the upper hand in the situation, so I wasn’t going to push my luck any further.

Hearing some footsteps behind the door, I started to tense. This wasn’t exactly the best time for someone to come and fetch me, with Dead just outside my window.

“I’m not sure if someone is coming but I don’t want to risk it. Is there any way you can get me out of here, without actually having to be... Well, here.” I whispered to Dead, making sure that I could not be heard by anyone beyond the door.

UndeadCowboy
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
2245 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Okay, I'll try to find another way in," I said as I moved away from the window.

I moved along the building a short way, finding a small alley that connected the marketplace to another outlying street. Approximately halfway down the alley, a big door was being guarded by an equally big man. Oh brilliant, I thought as I crept into the alley.

I was lucky that it was so dark in here, otherwise the brute may have seen me. Instead I was able to get halfway up the alley, and then trained the rifle on him.

"If I were you, I'd have somewhere else to be," I growled, loud enough for the man to notice, but not alert anyone inside.

My voice must have been too loud, because I could hear a commotion inside. The guard's attention was divided between the gun and the door, and his own gun, which he aimed into the shadows.

"Who's there?" He shouted, "Why don't you show yourself."

An ear-splitting crack signaled the rifle's shot. Shouts of surprise and fear came from nearby buildings as the guard slumped to the ground. I jumped over the body, pushing the door open and entering the building.

Signed,

The Undead Cowboy
Midnight
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
2295 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wasn't too long after Dead left that a man opened the door. I looked at him with a dropped jaw. He about seven foot tall and he towered over me easy.

Mother of god. I thought to myself.

The gaint pulled me over his shoulder and started to make his way out of the room. I tried to punch and kick him, but it didn't seem to effect him at all.

If only I had my knives, or something! I thought, angry that I had not asked Dead for a spare weapon.

As I frantically searched around the place for something to use as a weapon, I realised that we were passing a series of wooden torches. I grabbed on off the wall and jabbed it into his back. The man yelled and dropped me onto the floor. I quickly got to my feet and beat him several times over the head with the torch.

Suddenly he grabbed the torch and crushed it with his hand, I looked up in horror as he stood up with an ominous look on his face.

"To make things fair, you wouldn't happen to have a blade on you would you?" I asked him jokingly.

He only replied in a yell so I decided to leg it.[/i]

UndeadCowboy
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
2245 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I burst into the room, I noticed two men playing cards in the corner, and a chest on the ground beside them. One door sat opposite myself.

I raised the rifle, reloading a round as the two men dropped their cards and pulled pistols. My first shot went straight through one guy's shoulder. He screamed as he clutched the wound, falling to the floor. The second guard fired his pistol, missing by a hair. Dropping the rifle, I closed the distance before he could let off another shot, gutting him with my knife.

As he slumped to the floor, I picked up the rifle, reloading it. I opened the chest to find Midnight's pack, and a few other things. I grabbed the knife I'd given her, and kicked open the opposite door.

The next room was a long corridor, with barred doors lining it. Torches lit the corridor, and he could hear noises coming from the cells. Slavers, then, I thought, briefly glancing at the cells as I went past. A man called out to me, but I ignored him for now. Midnight's cell was at the far end of the corridor, around a corner by my reckoning. I could hear sounds of fighting as I moved down the corridor.

As I rounded the corner, a massive hulk of a man careened into me, knocking the rifle from my hands. It skittered away into an unoccupied cell. I jumped up, slightly winded from the sudden attack, and joined Midnight where she stood.

"Nice to see you found your own way out," I said, handing her the knife and drawing my own, "I was thinking I might have to take these guys on solo."

Signed,

The Undead Cowboy
Midnight
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
2295 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't say anything to Dead, but instead grabbed my bag and took out my two trusty blades. I left the knife Dead had given me earlier in the bag, it was in no condition to be used and I needed sharpness. I quickly slid my fingers through the circles attached to the hilt of the blades, something that I had attached to them for better grip.

"Let’s see what you've got big boy." I said just before I dashed towards the giant.

Halfway down the hallway, I jumped off the floor and kicked off the right hand wall. I stabbed him on his shoulder blades as I landed and he stumbled back slightly. It didn't take him long to catch his footing and he pushed me up against the wall, making a small crack against it.

I ignored the pain and jabbed him in the stomach a couple of times, but he simply shrugged them off. As he applied more pressure against the wall and I dropped my blade from pain and he made his move.He grabbed my arm and slammed me on the ground. I let out a piercing scream as a hit the ground hard.

UndeadCowboy
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
2245 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I moved to the left as Midnight started he move. I watched until I was certain she needed help, then rushed forward. I Jumped onto his back, wrapping one arm around his thick neck, jamming my knife into his shoulder, further opening the wounds Midnight had made. After a moment, he grabbed my by the scruff of the neck and threw me across the room, but not before ripping the other knife from his shoulder.

The impact knocked the remaining wind from me, but I still had wits enough to see the situation. The man was dropping Midnight, and turning to attack me. As he walked towards me, his shoulders bled freely. She was badly hurt, from what I could see, but she still seemed to be aware, which was important for what I was about to do next.

I waited until he was right in front of me, before sliding the knife to Midnight. I used my own to swing upwards, stabbing deep into the man's groin. He howled in pain as I twisted the knife, cutting the artery.

I hope Midnight knows what to do, I hoped as I rolled out from underneath the man, who was howling and clutching his ruined groin.

Signed,

The Undead Cowboy
Midnight
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
2295 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to ignore my throbbing body as I lifted myself onto my feet. I saw the knife Dead and slid over to me and grabbed it. Without hesitation I darted across the hallway and leaped onto the gigantic man, who was crying out in pain.

I had attempted to stab the man on the top of his head but once I had landed my body gave way and I got him on the right hand side of the neck instead. He stood and tried to shake me off, clawing at my arm while I hung on his back. I felt myself slowly losing conciousness, so with all my power I pushed the knife to the left, slicing his throat from ear to ear, before blacking out and crumbling onto the floor.

UndeadCowboy
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
2245 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stood gingerly as Midnight finished the guard off. I was definitely bruised, but nothing was broken. I limped over to where Midnight lay unconscious. After looking her over, I decided I would be able to move her without injuring her further. I retrieved my knife from the man, along with a key.

Wandering down the corridor, I unlocked the door to the cell where my rifle had landed. I cursed, realising the mechanism must have been destroyed when it was thrown. I scavenged the loaded bullet and released the prisoners. I dragged myself back to Midnight, lifting her onto my back. I made sure to grab Midnight's pack before I left.

I ignored the stares as I carried Midnight through the common room of the Inn. Limping up the stairs made me gasp with exertion, and I was exhausted by the time I got to the room. I laid her down on the bed, dropping the pack on the ground.

I was tempted to just lie down and sleep, but I had a more important task. I limped back down the stairs, ordering the Innkeep to fetch a doctor as soon as possible. As he left, I told him to send the doctor up to my room. I staggered back into the room, collapsing onto the chair and losing consciousness.

Signed,

The Undead Cowboy
Midnight
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
2295 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I shifted in and out of consciousness. I couldn’t tell where I was, but I could see glimpses of dead on a chair, and that was enough reason for me to trust that I was safe. I could feel myself shift and turn on the bed, and I winced every time I moved. My chest felt heavy and breathing was becoming harder and harder. Once I came out of consciousness I forced myself to stay awake, awake enough to call out to dead, but I was unsuccessful and I drifted back to sleep.

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> One-On-One Role Plays All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8
Jump to: