Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
Revenge (UndeadCowboy & Midnight)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> Role Player's Den -> One-On-One Role Plays
View previous topic :: View next topic  

UndeadCowboy
Citizen

Topics: 2

Items
Legends
Fables
2245 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I didn't want to do this, but you've left me with no choice," I said, grabbing ahold of the foot of her bag.

I wrenched the bag upwards, emptying her suddenly from it.

Laughing at her confusion, I moved to help her up from the ground.

Signed,

The Undead Cowboy
Midnight
Citizen

Topics: 7

Items
Legends
Fables
2295 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"You don't know how to treat a woman do you Nate?" I said, more a statement than a question. " This explains so much now."

I snatched my sleeping bag off Nate, rolled it up then strapped it onto my backpack.

"So much..." I mumbled.

UndeadCowboy
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
2245 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I laughed a little harder, following after her. She continued to walk out of the camp, along the path. I rushed tocatch up with her, my humour wearing out when I saw her lack of caution.

"Hey Maddie, wait up, I've got to tether you!" I called as I followed, "I told you these paths are very dangerous. It's not like the lowlands up here. Besides, you have no idea where we are!"

Signed,

The Undead Cowboy
Midnight
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
2295 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Hurry up then. We don't have all day. I'm up now so lets go." I yelled back to Nate, slowing down.

I stopped walking and waited for Nate, it began to snow again and I rubbed my arms as a shiver ran up my body.

"Hurry up!" I yelled, noticing Nate was still a fair distance away from me.

UndeadCowboy
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
2245 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I moved carefully to where Maddie stood, acutely aware of the rocks beneath me. The path wasn't really what you'd call a path, it was actually just a thin flat section cut from the mountain, more of a shelf than a path. When I caught Maddie, I immediately tied the rope around her waist.

"Please be more careful next time," I said, hoping my voice sounded serious enough, "I'd hate for you to hit a loose section of the path and fall down there."

I indicated the chasm, yawning to my right. from here I could see the rest of the range stretching out north and east to the ocean. I could also see where the path took a steep dip a short distance away, probably still icy from the look of it. Lucky I caught her here then, I thought to myself.

I led the way down the icy slope, and we made decent progress through the mountains. By sundown we were about halfway through the mountains, and it was already cold. This area was barren with no trees in sight, but there was a cave a short distance away. If we could get in there, we could avoid sleeping outside, I thought as I turned to Maddie.

"Hey Maddie, head for the cave!" I shouted over the wind, "It'll be cold, but better than sleeping out here!"

Signed,

The Undead Cowboy
Midnight
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
2295 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked over to where Nate was pointing. "Sure no problem." I replied, gripping the edge of the mountain.

I almost slipped off the edge while climbing several times, but I caught myself before anything serious happened. Climbing was not my strong suit, my clumsiness kicking in too often for my own comfort. I couldn't wait to get out of the mountains, I missed the solid earth beneath my feet.

UndeadCowboy
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
2245 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pulled out Closure as we entered the cave, thumbing a bullet into the gun. I wanted to make sure the place was safe before we came in here. After looking through the cave, I was comfortable to see that the cave was empty and the Walls looked sturdy enough.

I pulled out a bundle of sticks I'd brought from the station, I set to making a fire. It was dreary work, with the wind howling at the entrance to the cave, and the snow melting in my hair, but soon enough there was a small fire crackling in the cave.

I sat down by the fire, warming my hands. I gauged the temperature as being much colder than it was at station, and the temperature would definately go lower as the sun disappeared.

"Maddie," I called, as I basked in the warmth, "You should probably get comfortable with me being close to you. It's only going to get colder. Unless you'd rather sleep in the fire?"

Signed,

The Undead Cowboy
Midnight
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
2295 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

" I'm fine with sleeping next to you, what makes you think I wouldn't be?" I said while I took some food out of my backpack.

I didn't have much with me, but it was enough for the night. I took out some bread and jerky and placed it on a plate. I moved closer to the fire, taking in the warmth and passed one of the plates to Nate.

I was using my sleeping bag as a blanket so I had to make sure not to get to close to the fire. The snow outside the cavern was falling heavier and a few strays made inside, only to melt instantly once they drifted towards the flames of the fire.

UndeadCowboy
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
2245 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sighed, remembering the previous night, but decided to let it go. Accepting the plate of food, I ate slowly, hoping it could fill me until we got out of the mountains.

When we finished, I huddled closer to Maddie, wrapping my sleeping bag around me as she had done. I could feel a slight dampness where our hair was soaked from melted snow, and I was a little worried about it. We sat in silence, studying the fire as it crackled away. Eventually, I stood and freed my bag. I climbed inside and pulled it tight around myself.

I laid down so that my head was closest to the fire and relaxed a little.

"Goodnight Maddie," I said as I got comfortable on the cold stone, "Make sure you stay close tonight, I'm warning you. I don't want you to die out here. I mean that."

I looked up at her one last time before falling asleep.

Signed,

The Undead Cowboy
Midnight
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
2295 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked over at Nate as he lay beside me, watching his hair dry slowly from the heat of the fire. Thats not a bad idea. I thought as an idea poped into my head.

I repositioned myself as I let my hair out, letting it fall down to my shoulders. Carefully I brushed the strands with my fingertips, letting the heat from the fire dry them. Gently, I carressed my hair over the fire, humming a soft lullaby. It was such a simple act yet it gave me peace and I felt myself relax.

Satisfied that my hair was dry, I climbed into my sleeping bag and rolled next to Nate.

"Just do it. Don't be a baby." I muttered to myself as I went closer to Nate, my head resting on his back.

I closed my eyes and waited for sleep, thinking of Nate as a blanket, rather than a man who may have tried to kiss me.

UndeadCowboy
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
2245 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I woke up a little at the warmth on my back. I rolled over in my bag and pulled myself closer to the warmth. Whatever it was, it was very warm, and I was too tired to see what it was.

I fell back to sleep with a smile on my face.

Signed,

The Undead Cowboy
Midnight
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
2295 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to push Nate back, but he was too heavy and my efforts were deemed useless.

"Naaaaate..." I groaned frustratedly, still trying to push him away. "Moooooove..."

After awhile I gave up and just closed my eyes, hoping sleep would come and take me away.

UndeadCowboy
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
2245 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cool sunlight streamed into the cave as I woke up the next morning. I rolled away from the warm thing and stretched. The fire had burned itself out during the night, and I was glad that I'd had some warmth to stop myself from freezing. It must have been a near thing though, because I brushed some frost from my hair as I sat up. I looked about the cave to see if Maddie had found warmth. I began to get worried for her, as I began searching at the opposite end of the cave, until my eyes fell on the warm thing.

Maddie was tucked into her sleeping back, looking like she was still asleep. The frost in her hair made it glitter in the half light from the cave mouth. I gently brushed it away as I checked her pulse. She looked paler than she had since we'd last met, and I was afraid that the warmth I'd felt was just residual. I relaxed as I felt a steady pulse, and Maddie squirmed a little to move away from my fingers.

I stood and walked to the mouth of the cave. It was light outside, but the mountains obscured any direct light from the early morning sun. I stretched, glorying in the chill wind whistling through the mountains. I'd never looked back once when I left the highlands, but now that I was back, I felt more myself. I could see an eagle circling high above, illuminated in gold where it caught the light. I watched it for a time, before turning and reentering the cave.

Signed,

The Undead Cowboy
Midnight
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
2295 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could feel myself moving as I slept, I didn't know how, I just did. The wamrth that I had been hanging on to left me, and I felt myself curl to block out the sudden cold that washed over me.

I felt a light ping of cold touch my neck and I jolted away from it, and once again the cold breeze took me.

Stretching, I grabbed something and clung it to my side. As soft and warm as it was it did not make the cold dissapear and I shifted uncomfortably, trying to find heat.

"C-Cold." I heard myself whisper, as I clung to my sleeping bag.

UndeadCowboy
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
2245 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I returned to the cave, I realised that Maddie had captured my sleeping bag, and was curled into a tight ball. I guess she's not quite used to the cold yet, I thought as I walked back over to her. Pulling my bag to my side, I quickly pulled out the bag of trail mix. I grabbed a handfull and shoved it into my mouth. I sat down beside Maddie and chewed thoughtfully as I contemplated the ceiling.

Signed,

The Undead Cowboy
Midnight
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
2295 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reached out to the soft and warm thing again and wrapped my arms around it. It was only after that I had clung to it that I realised that it was no longer soft, warm yes, but soft not.

I opened my eyes slowly and took notice of Nate looking down at me chewing on something.

"M-Morning," I stuttered in shock, still clasping onto him. "What are you eating?"

UndeadCowboy
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
2245 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Good morning," I said with a small chuckle as Maddie realised what she was doing, "Awake so soon? You looked very comfortable just now."

My chuckle turned into a laugh as Maddie tried to disentangle herself, her face growing redder with embarassment. Eventually, she managed to get free and sit awkwardly beside me. I continued laughing for a bit, and then calmed myself a little.

"It's okay, I understand the body's need for warmth," I said slyly as I offered her the bag, "It's trail mix. Oats, nuts, berries, whatever is storage friendly, all mixed into one nutritious package. Want some?"

Signed,

The Undead Cowboy
Midnight
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
2295 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

" Umm, no thank you. I'm not that hungry," I replied, looking over the bag. "I am, however, eager to leave this place. I am not too fond of the cold."

I shivered slightly so I grabbed my sleeping bag to wrap around me. Putting my hair up I thought better of it and left it down, deciding to put it up when we leave.

It will keep my neck warm at least
. I thought, stroking my hair.

"So? When do we leave?" I asked Nate.

UndeadCowboy
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
2245 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Right now," I said, standing and tossing my sleeping bag in my pack, "I was just waiting for you to be awake."

We both packed quickly and tied ourselves together. When we ventured outside, the sun was only just clearing the high peaks of the mountains to out east. I was thankful for the minimal warmth it provided, and we continued on our way. The rest of the day was relatively uneventful, and we made good time through the mountains. As the sun began to get low, I pointed out an overhang that we could take refuge under.

I surveyed the area as Maddie removed her pack. The path was a lot smoother here, a little icier, but mostly flat. We were past the centre of the range, and on our way out.

"I think we can expect to be out of the mountains by sunset tomorrow," I said as I returned to the overhang, "At least as long as nothing happens. The night after we should be in Windfarm."

I began starting a fire, but abandoned the work as I realised the wind was too strong here for a decent flame to start. Instead, I scraped all of the snow I could find into a makeshift wall, blocking some of the wind coming down from the pass. Unrolling my sleeping bag, I pulled it over myself to further block out the wind.

Signed,

The Undead Cowboy
Midnight
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
2295 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I set out the food next to the would-be-fireplace and jumped into my sleeping bag. I wasn't hungry and the cold was slowly getting to me. Finding my way to a corner I lay down looking over the plate of food as Nate walked towards it.

"Its not much, but it shall have to do. You can help yourself, I'm not hungry." I replied, coiling.

UndeadCowboy
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
2245 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"You haven't eaten since last night," I frowned disapproval, "How do you expect to do a full day's trek on an empty stomach?"

I grabbed the two strips of jerkey laying on the plate. I walked over to Maddie, putting one in her hands. I took a bite out of the other one.

"Eat," I said sternly as I sat down beside her, "I'm not letting you sleep until you do."

Signed,

The Undead Cowboy
Midnight
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
2295 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Fine," I replied defeated. " I'll eat the jerky."

I took the jerky from my hand and ate it. Because I wasn't hungry it was a little hard to swallow down, but I eventually did it.

Looking over at Nate I opened my mouth and said, "Ahh. See all gone."

Certain he was satisfied I returned to coiling into my sleeping bag, shutting the cold out.

UndeadCowboy
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
2245 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I climbed into my bag, noticing how cold it was. I lay down beside Maddie, sliding closer for warmth. The wind picked up and I felt a chill at my face. I grabbed the oilcloth holding the two guns and wrapped it around my mouth and nose, so as to break the cold.

"Hey Maddie," I said as I began to drift off to sleep, "What did you think when Ilsa showed up the other night?"

Signed,

The Undead Cowboy
Midnight
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
2295 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went stiff from the sudden question. I had hoped that Nate had forgotten about the Ilsa incident, but he clearly hadn't.

"Umm... Ilsa? I told you, I-I didn't see her," I lied, turning my head away from Nates. "It was quiet, nothing came around, thats why I... I didn't wake you f-for the change over."

UndeadCowboy
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
2245 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew Maddie had seen Ilsa. She was being way too evasive to not have.

"Maddie," I said gently, "I know she was at the camp. Face it, you're a terrible liar. You don't have to tell me what she said. What ever it was, it must have been something personal if you don't want to talk about it. I just wanted to know what you were thinking when she showed up."

Signed,

The Undead Cowboy
Midnight
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
2295 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I turned my body away from Nate and stared at the wall. There was no point in lying about it anymore. Nate was right, I was a terrible liar.

"S-She is very beautiful," I replied, my voice barely a whisper. "I can see how yo- I don't really have any other opinion than that. She won't be appearing for sometime... thats all."

UndeadCowboy
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
2245 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was shocked by Maddie's reaction. She seemed a bit hurt, but I wasn't sure how to respond to her. I pulled myself to her side, close enough that I could feel her back pressing against my chest through the sleeping bags.

"I don't know what's going on right now, Maddie," I said apologetically, "But I'll sort it out. I'm not sure about Ilsa, she came back into my life so suddenly, and she's left me more than a little confused. I'm not going to deny that I'm attracted to her, but she left me, and she's going to have to accept that I'm trying to move on. I think these last few days in the mountains have helped me realise that. I know what I have to do when she shows up now."

I felt the tiredness hit me in a wave, and gave a small yawn.

"I'm going to sleep now. If you want to talk, just wake me."

I gave her a reassuring squeeze before drifting off to sleep.

Signed,

The Undead Cowboy
Midnight
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
2295 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I turned to face Nate. His eyes were closed but I didn't know if he was asleep or awake. I wanted to grab him and hug him, but instead my hands hovered just above his shoulder, jolting back and forth.

I rubbed my eyes and tried the motion again, but just like before my hand would stop just above his shoulder. Defeated, I dropped my hands on my sleeping bag and sighed.

Might as well go to sleep. I thought, closing my eyes, waiting for sleep to take me.

UndeadCowboy
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
2245 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dozed, unable to fully fall asleep. Perhaps it was the words I'd just said. Perhaps it was the cold, or even that I was lying on a stone. I shifted a little, but it wasn't a stone. I moved my arms to my sides, but my body was quite warm inside the bag, with both the heat trapped, and Maddie lying beside me. She seemed restless, although her proximity was quite soothing. At this distance, I could feel her breath playing on my neck, hear it as it whispered past my ear, slightly different to the wind swirling around us. I was keenly aware of a thumping noise in my head, the sound of blood making its way through my body. How the thumping increased whenever I felt the brush of a hand, or slowed when I heard the sighing whisper of a breath.

I smiled as her timed, rhythmic breathing soothed me into true sleep.

Signed,

The Undead Cowboy
Midnight
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
2295 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I woke a number of times during the night. Some due to nightmares and others due to the feezing cold. The sun was rising now, or from what I guessed, as light slowly sneaked its way through the snow door Nate had made. I had been awake for several hours now, thinking of the events that had transpired. When Ilsa came again, I knew that I had to try to get to know her, get her talking. She was working for someone I could sense it, I just needed to know who.

UndeadCowboy
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
2245 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sunlight was streaming into the outcrop when I awoke. I clenched my eyes against it and hugged Maddie tighter. The ever present wind was chilling me, and I felt too warm to move from the position we were in. I sleepily enjoyed the rise and fall as she breathed from my position on her shoulder.

I eventually decided that I should get up, and so I rolled away from Maddie. I stretched and yawned a good morning to her as I sat up. Rubbing my eyes, I leaned back again and looked sleepily over at Maddie. She appeared deep in thought, so I left her to her thoughts and the outcrop.

I stretched again, revelling in the cool air. This was fast becoming a morning ritual. Waking and standing in the cold, marvelling at the mountains and their beauty. Returning to the camp to leave.

I breathed in the air and sat down, brushing the frost from my hair as I had done yesterday. I sat just opposite to our outcropping, looking over the precipice into a valley below. We will be down there tonight, I thought as I looked further north, seeing a hundred or more windmills on the horizon, and there's Windfarm. I wish Maddie could see this.

Signed,

The Undead Cowboy
Midnight
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
2295 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked over at Nate who was staring out over the mountians. I got up and rolled up my sleeping bag ignoring the brush of cold wind on the nape of my neck. Strapping my sleeping bag onto my backpack, I grabbed two pieces of bread and shoved one into my mouth. I slung my backpack over my shoulder and made my way over to Nate who was still looking out over the mountains.

"Here, eat this," I said, handing the other loaf to Nate. "We'll have to get more food when we arrive, unless you have some hidden food somewhere I don't think we can stay up on these mountains another night."

UndeadCowboy
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
2245 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"That's true," I said as I bit into the bread, "I have some trail mix, but that's running low too."

We packed up our bags and left the snow wall intact. I figured that it could be of some use to other travellers who would come this way. I carved a mark into the wall of the outcrop, something I'd remembered from my days with my father. The mark was a crude drawing of an eagle crossing the sun. I wasn't sure why I'd done it, but it felt like the right thing to do.

We continued along the path, the road taking a steady turn downwards. We would be out of the mountains soon enough. I was so taken by the sights that I didn't notice the growling coming from a nearby cave. The wolf tackled me suddenly, making me stagger. I threw it off me, stumbling backwards. As the wolf growled and circled us, I felt my stomach drop as my foot landed on open air. I clawed at the edge as I slid backwards down the slope. I realised that with Maddie tethered to me, she'd be slipping towards the edge herself, and doubled my efforts to remain stationary.

It was all in vain, however, as I could feel myself sliding downwards anyway.

Signed,

The Undead Cowboy
Midnight
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
2295 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I slipped a little as Nate fought back the wolf that was on him, but I was able to regain my footing as he did also. As I turned my head to the right I saw two wolves lunge at me. I quickly withdrew my daggers and stabbed one on the side of the head. As it slumped to the ground I dodged the second and grabbed its head, slitting its throat. Sheathing my weapons I went to look over at Nate but the rope around my waist pulled me down.

“Nate!” I yelled, but I soon realised that he was off the edge, quickly dragging me down with him. “Shit!”

I grabbed one of my daggers and stabbed it onto the icy mountain edge. I was jerked to a stop, my arm almost giving way to the sudden jolt. Looking down I saw Nate hanging below me holding onto the rope. He started to climb upwards and with each movement he made the ice above me crack.

“Nate! No, don-“I tried to yell. But it was too late, the ice around the blade broke and it sent me and Nate down.

UndeadCowboy
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
2245 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I came to, the smell of pine trees filled my nose. I looked around groggily, trying to make sure I hadn't broken anything. It seemed like the only thing I'd broken was a tree branch on my way down, because it was wedged into the snowbank below me. I tried to move, and felt a weight on top of me. I soon recognised the dark hair as Maddie.

"Maddie?" I groaned, "Are you okay?"

She didn't respond, so I slipped out from underneath her and assessed the damage. Despite being unconscious, she seemed okay, perhaps a little bruised, but otherwise uninjured. After reorganising our packs, I carefully slung her over my back. She was relatively light in comparison to the bags, so I used the tether to strap her to my back, interlocking the bags around her.

Fortunately, it seemed like I had been unconsious only a little while, so I pushed on through the pine forest, hoping for a cabin or a hut.

Signed,

The Undead Cowboy
Midnight
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
2295 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I awoke feeling the pain all over my body, and let out a small moan. Opening my eyes wider I realised that I was moving, or rather, my surroundings were moving. Taking in the situation I saw that I was strapped onto Nates back.

"Nate... Why am I strapped to your back?" I asked my voice coarse.

UndeadCowboy
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
2245 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started a little at Maddie's voice in my ear.

"Well I needed to move you and both bags somehow," I said, not breaking my stride, "I was just taking some initiative."

Signed,

The Undead Cowboy
Midnight
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
2295 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"You’re not going to un-strap me are you?" I replied, noticing his fast pace.

Looking around I came to realise that we were in a forest area. There were bits of snow in some places but the further Nate walked the less snow I saw.

I decided to shift a little, a means to assess the damage my body had taken from the fall. My ribs ached, but not to the extent of them being broken and my shoulders were a little stiff, but all in all I seemed to be in one piece.

Shifting my head back to Nate, I asked him my question again.

"Well? Are you or aren't you? Cause I could get used to this."

UndeadCowboy
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
2245 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked briefly over my shoulder at Maddie, all the while resuming my pace. I noticed that the sun was starting to get low in the sky.

"No I don't think so," I said gruffly, moving an elbow slightly out of the way,"If I stop to let you down, I won't be able to continue. I think we should continue like this until at least nightfall. Until then, try not to move too much. Besides, it took so long to get you tied up like this."

Signed,

The Undead Cowboy
Midnight
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
2295 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

“Okay, I won’t move much. But you’ll have to untie me when we do stop because I have no idea what you did here.” I replied, looking at the straps.

I had guessed that Nate wanted to find a village before nightfall, but we had no idea how far a village would be from our fall. At this point we just had to hope that something or someone was nearby.

Nate walked for what seemed like hours, I could see he was starting to get a little out of breath and I was surprised that he was just beginning to get tired now. Such stamina. I thought as I looked around for a place to stop for the night.

“Nate! Stop!” I yelled, flailing in attempt to get his attention. “I saw a hut over there.”

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> One-On-One Role Plays All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8
Jump to: