Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
Drag Cave Chronicles

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> Stasis Hall - Completed or archived Storygames -> The Vault
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author Chapter
PopeAlessandrosXVIII
Arts and Poetry Mod

Topics: 122

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:13 am    Post subject: Drag Cave Chronicles Reply with quote

Act I – Part I

The morning sunlight spreads slowly across the lush valley as the day breaks over the northern ridge. A strong river flowing through the center of the valley throws it's roaring echos against the grassy walls, marred only by the occasional scorch marks and cave openings. Both large and small, the gaping maws vary from jagged mouth like entrances to smooth glassy openings in the hill sides. As the first birds chirp their greeting to the rising sun, a scaled head peeks out from one of the smaller caves. With a sudden flash of teal and brown, the creature darts from the cave to the edge of the river. Dipping it's head fulling into the water and taking a long gulp, the beast shudders with cold. Shaking it's head off, it's long slender tail whipping about, it looks around, eyes glowing slightly. The teal strips down it's back glisten in the newly risen sun's light.

Stretching it's wings in an attempt to warm up quickly, it's lips pull back in a fearsome looking grin. In a crooning growl, he wonders aloud in his own language, “I wonder what Xem's up to today. . . .” With that utterance, it takes off down the valley, ducking past other creatures as they too exit their caves to greet the day.

Many of them call out both greetings and curses as it passes. One light purple beast with long gold whiskers shouts kindly as it passes, “Watch where you go to today, Inderi. There are visitors in the valley as of last night after you had taken to your nest.”

Inderi lashes it's tail in acknowledgment, it's pace never slowing. Leaving the caves far behind, the brown beast slows as the powerful scent of rot enters it's nostrils. With a grin, h he turns hard to follow the small, soon coming upon what looks to be the corps of a large wings creature. With a tumultuous screeching yowl, Inderi pounces on the seeming dead creature. A deafening roar erupts from it at the thing rises swiftly, swinging a clawed hand at the much smaller beast. With a snarl it grinds out, “For the love of the fathers Inderi, what are you up to so early in the morning. I am no longer a hatching like yourself, I have duties that keep me up all hours of both night and day. Can you not give me some rest?” Ignoring the large one's ranting, the brown races up the nearest rise.

Coming to a complete halt at the top, not even it's normally inexhaustible tail giving it's usual signs of life, the little one's gaze locks on a spot in the distance. “I wonder what's out there. . . .” he murmurs after the other finishes it's ranting. Looking up at him, the one at the bottom of the hill snorts. “I mean, I've never gone much beyond your nesting area Xem. True, my wings have come in, I may go if I like, but. . . . .” The irritation slowly fades from Xem's body and mind as the little one speaks. Though only born months apart, Whiptails take much longer to mature then Xem's own breed, Black Marrows. An ache fills Xemnas as he recalls the look in Inderi's eyes when he was told he could not take his first flight with his oldest and most dear friend.

Shaking his head, the Marrow dragon spreads his wings and with one hard beat scrabbles to the rise beside his companion. Wrapping a wing about the smaller one, he pulls a grin. Looking down he croons, “Soooo, what do you want to do, now that I am so sun shiny awake brat?” Inderi lets out a giggle, running behind the wing surrounding him in a flash. With light steps he runs up Xemnas's back, settling draped about the larger one's neck.

“Let's go see Celest! I bet she's already at the Great Stone, greeting the sun as always.” Inderi giggles thinking of the slightly older female dragon. As a Sunrise dragon, her and the others of her breed are the first to rise. Even before the sun first kisses the night sky to sleep. With a nod, Xemnas spreads his great wings. The smell of whatever he ate last hangs about him like a death shroud, but Inderi has long since overcome his aversion to the smell of rot. Using the rise to get a little momentum, Xem begins making circle, his wings beating in time with his heartbeat. With each turn, more and more of the valley stretches out bellow the two friends. Now crawling with dragons of every shape, size, and color the once green and blue valley now looks much like an ever fluctuating rainbow. At the north eastern part of their home lay a curved ridge with a great stone slab jutting out along it like a spearhead jabbed and broken off along the rise.

Inderi smiles at the mass of pink atop the stone. In the rays of the sun, the dragons gather atop it seem to glow like the night dragons that now go to sleep in the caves bellow. Going into a shallow dive, Xem drifts slowly towards the ridge. “You know Xem? Mama Galadriel says we have visitors in the valley. They came last night she says. What do you know of them?” Sliding sideways slightly so that he can see into the others eyes, Inderi leans far off to one side, his claws hooked on to one of Xem's protruding bone ridges.

Rolling his eyes, Xem shifts so that the small one is forced to scrabble back into place. “I don't really know anything. I was patrolling the other side of the valley when they came into the east valley.” Shrugging, Inderi is swiftly distracted from asking any more questions as they make a landing near the base of the Great Stone. Nearby Sunrise dragons scatter away from Xem's stench. Unable to contain himself, he beats his wings a few extra times to permeate the small about the area. A bubbling giggle from the crowd causes Inderi to leap down to the firm rock, running in small circle of glee. From the pack of pink comes a single Sunrise dragon. Her horns are of the purest white, while her wings and underbelly fade into lush purples.

“Now now Xemi, you know better then to tease us poor defenseless Sunrises. After all, we have no way to defend ourselves, and you see. . . . .” With a mighty roar, the speaker pounces upon Xemnas, knocking them both clear off the Great Stone and on to the packed bare earth bellow. Inderi giggles and screeches uproariously, finding his way quickly to where his friends battle. Perching on a rock, he begins rooting for them both.

“Go go Celest, you can take him. Are you really gonna let a GIRL do that to you Xem? What are you, a Pigmy dragon? C'mon Celest, show him what for!” When the fight finally breaks, the two combatants collapse exhausted side by side and Inderi races forward to plop down atop them both. “I win!” He cries, and is soon engulfed into a mass of wings and limbs. A breathless moment later, they all begin laughing. Rolling on to her stomach, Celest curls her tail around the other two's.

“So,” she inquires, “What are we going to do today?” Inderi wriggles around in his back, trying to think of something fun to do. After several silent minutes, Xemnas chimes in.

“How about a game?” His friends gaze at him, their minds trying to comprehend just who this weird dragon is who replaced their usually sultry friend.

After a while Inderi nods. I like the idea too,” Celest coos. Scratching her claws in the dirt, drawing little alchemy signs she murmurs, “But just what to play. . . . .”

To Be A Knight
And my first Finished work Death Day

Last edited by PopeAlessandrosXVIII on Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:48 pm; edited 8 times in total
Shillelagh
Citizen

Topics: 20

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, you certainly have enough hatched dragons to make a story like this work... and I have to say, you've got an impressive amount of description happening here. I'm definitely impressed at the clarity of the imagery you've provided here.

I'd have to say a game like "Hide and Seek" would be best suited for getting the plot moving forward. Or maybe an innocent game of "Knights and Dragons" along the lines of "Cops and Robbers"? Something to get them out on the edge of the valley, where they're likely to see the mysterious visitors.

Ihniwid Chapter 5 is up- find it here!
PopeAlessandrosXVIII
Arts and Poetry Mod

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Post Reply with quote

Well, there's two ideas. *Grins* Glad you like it. I fixed the pctures so they show now Razz

To Be A Knight
Pockey
Oddling

Topics: 0

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your description was very nice, I especially like that you add the sprites of the dragons. It is a nice beginning to what will seem to be a very interesting story Smile

~Edger Allen Poe.
PopeAlessandrosXVIII
Arts and Poetry Mod

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject: Post Reply with quote

Well, since this is a speed game, only one more day for suggestions! We already have 2, but there is always room for more, have at it!

To Be A Knight
PopeAlessandrosXVIII
Arts and Poetry Mod

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:02 am    Post subject: Polling Reply with quote

Alrighty, the poll is up, let's see some voting!

To Be A Knight
PopeAlessandrosXVIII
Arts and Poetry Mod

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Polling Reply with quote

Last day for polling! Get your votes in now!

To Be A Knight
PopeAlessandrosXVIII
Arts and Poetry Mod

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:23 am    Post subject: Poll Results Reply with quote

What game should they play?
Hide and Seek
0% [ 0 ]
Knights and Dragons
100% [ 1 ]

Total Votes : 1
Who Voted: Shillelagh

Off we go!

To Be A Knight
Author Chapter
PopeAlessandrosXVIII
Arts and Poetry Mod

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Act I Part II Reply with quote

Act I Part II

Inderi suddenly starts jumping up and down. “I know, I know!” He cries. “Knights and Dragons!” The other two look at one another before nodding in agreement, huge grins spreading across their lips.

“Not it!” Cries Xemnas.

“Not it!” Celest echos a moment later before Inderi can even open his mouth. With a whine he drops to the ground, giving his friends a sad, pathetic look. They both spring to their feet and scuttle away. “You'll never catch us Dragon! You'll never take us alive!”

With a grunt the small brown dragon bounces up with a cry. “Come back here you evil knights! I'll never let you get away with this!” Taking off at top speed he soon catches up to the two larger dragons and the chase is on.

Around nests and over caves, weaving between dragons trees and stone, the chase leads up and down the valley. Splashing through the river Celest laughs as Inderi hits a deep spot, sinking deep before regaining the surface to continue the chase. Eventually the small brown manages to pin them down in an abandoned cave. A pile of stone from a recent rock slide partially covering the entrance provides cover for the “Knights”. With a strong hiccough from Inderi the fire fight begins.

Xemnas's sickly green flame tears across the span from the cave entrance to the stones Inderi takes shelter behind at the last second. The green is followed by a brilliant gold as Celest gets in her own shot. “Hahah, you missed!” the small dragon cries as he zips out from behind his cover. Firing off several small shots of red flame is rapid succession he manages to strike Celest's left wing.

Crumpling the wing inwards in fake bravado she lets out a loud bellow of “Blast you dragon!” before letting out a final fountain of gold flame and collapsing to the ground. She lets out an over dramatic sigh and closes her eyes slowly. Giggling madly Inderi leaps over his “Dead” friend's body to face off against Xemnas. With a cry Xem belches out a stream of flam at the cave floor in a semi circle around himself. The fire burns hot enough to leave a glowing arch of hot stone and flame as a small barrier against the small foe. Inderi is not deterred. Leaping through the fire, his wings carrying a bit of it with him, the little whiptail lands on Xemnas's chest.

Falling backwards with an exaggerated “Oooohhhh!” Xem takes a small fireball in the chin before Inderi leaps back to land at his feet with a flare.

Giggling he calls out, “That's what you get you evil knights for breaking our laws and stealing our riches! May you rest in pieces!” Inderi continues laughing and after letting him celebrate his victory for a time the two “Slain Knights” rise and pounce on their would be killer. Rolling him on to his back they begin tickling the smaller dragon. Squealing and yelling he manages to escape and flee towards the back of the cave. Giving chase the two light the way with random blasts of flame.

Suddenly one of Xem's flames strikes a pile of something flammable and it erupts into a blaze. Inderi yelps, skidding to the right to avoid it. “What the?! What is that doing here?!” He cries, cowering against the side of the cave. Xem and Celest dash to his sides, their eyes locked on the burning pile of what appears to be dried sticks and grasses. Inderi tears his eyes away from the light, looking instead on it reflected in some sort of glass in the far back of the cave's inner cavern off to the right. Pawing his companion's claws he nods towards the reflection. They follow his line of sight, looks of wonder on their faces.

Sinking low, Inderi crawls towards the object. Dropping down on all fours the other two move in to flank him. The eerie glow of the fire illuminates the cavern with it's sickly green light, keeping much of it in shadow. The clack of their claws on the hard stone floor echoes about the rather small ceiling. Standing, Xemnas could most likely touch the highest part of the ceiling, but the three remain cautiously crouch as the finally come close enough to the object to see it clearly.

“I think I've seen one of these before. . . .” Celest whispers, her claws reaching out to brush the ornate golden frame encircling a highly reflective glass surface. Shifting from side to side Inderi watches the object sway slightly when she touches it. Leaning in, Xem gives it a good sniff before pulling back to sit on his haunches.

“Smells like a fine gold. Very refined, delicate craftsmanship. Looks to be a dwarf's work.” Xem states, eying the leaf and vine etchings along the side. Tendrils of gold wave on and off the frame giving it an overgrown look. Cautiously, Inderi moves close to the reflective surface, his breath steaming it up. Without warning it flashes brightly, causing the young dragon to stumble back with a cry. The light illuminates every corner of the den, throwing every stone and rise into sharp relief. Celest and Xem cross their tails around their small friend, drawing their wings out as far as they can go in the cramped quarters. Celest's face pulls back into a fierce snarl while Xemnas simply glares.

The light eventually dims. Now something very different is in the device. No longer can the group see green flames glinting against it's surface, but rather they seem to be looking through it to something behind. Taking a few deep breaths Inderi climbs over his friend's tails to get a better look. Murmuring words of caution, the two lean down to look as well. The image displayed is dark and it takes a moment for them to understand what they're seeing. With a gasp Xem presses his claw to the wall beside the mirror.

The three look down on a heart breaking scene of cruelty. With scales of the purest white, feathered wings, and eyes of azure, a white dragon drops it's head to the ground in defeat as a hairy two legged beast strikes it again and again with a long bladed whip. The dragon cries out, but only softly as if too weak to cry louder as each strike falls. Inderi sobs lightly, tears stinging his eyes as the beating goes on and on.

Eventually it stops, the beast giving the dragon one last kick before leaving their sight. The white moves to the far corner of what appears to be a small cell of worked stone and metal bars. Collapsing to the ground in exhaustion it cries softly, licking what wounds it can reach without moving too much. Bright red blood is streaked across it's body, staining it's feathers with it's crimson flow.

“This is awful.” Celest whispers, her voice thick with sorrow. Almost as if responding to the sound of her voice the white dragons feathered ears perk up. Lifting it's head slowly it begins looking slowly around it's prison. The three friends look between one another before looking back at the tortured dragon.

“He-hello?” Whispers Inderi, his brow ridges pulling down in concentration. The white's head swivels around and their eyes lock. The dead glaze in it's eyes brings another wave of sadness up into Inderi's throat, choking off his voice. It's eyes pass from one face to another, a slow look of recognition spreading across it's face. As it's gaze once again falls on to the small brown dragon staring down into it's dim prison, a faint sparkle gleams in the back of it's deep blue eyes. And instant later the image vanishes, leaving the group looking at their own reflections.

All three fall back, feeling suddenly tired beyond belief. Curling up against Xemnas's stomach Inderi finishes up with his crying before sitting up strait. Celest moves to curl up around the two, her neck curled up so she can see both of their faces. A silent question moves between them, none able to voice it. Their minds race, over what they saw, and trying desperately to answer the question. Finally Inderi, in the voice of one recently crying, croaks out, “What should we do?”

To Be A Knight
PopeAlessandrosXVIII
Arts and Poetry Mod

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 7:12 am    Post subject: Post Reply with quote

Hey guys, I can't write next chappy wifous suggestions. . . . .*Sad*

To Be A Knight
Shillelagh
Citizen

Topics: 20

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: Post Reply with quote

PopeAlessandrosXVIII wrote:
Hey guys, I can't write next chappy wifous suggestions. . . . .*Sad*

Heh, welcome to my boat. I'd really appreciate a look-over at Virtual Paradigm, if you could.

But, I digress. I promise I did read this closer to when you released it, I just didn't have much time to ponder what happens next. There's a difference between "this event will happen next because that's what happens in a work of fiction" and "this event will happen next because the characters want it to happen." Obviously the dragons are going to try and help the strange dragon- there's no story otherwise. But on the other hand, they're just kids, so...

Here's what I think they should do. They should leave the cave, and go find someone they trust. Someone with whom they can discuss what they have just seen. Probably not an adult, as they would either not believe them, or they would go up the chain of command to the police equivolent, and then these characters would see no more action. I'm thinking a mature teenager- someone young enough to still believe them, and young enough to want to solve everything him/herself... but old enough to actually be of us in a conflict situation.

Incidentally, you are once again doing a great job of putting in a lot of details into your imagery. I find it hard to pull a few minutes of time into paragraphs of text, so I'm rather impressed that you can do this so well. You're also doing a really good job of keeping the details limited to the world that the dragons know. They don't know what humans are, so they're avoiding that word, ect. However. The problem with this is that you're creating sections- very long, carefully detailed sections- that are extremely hard to follow. I'm still not 100% sure what happened in the cave scene- an image from the past in a magic mirror, I think? When the dragons don't know what's going on, and the reader only gets info from the dragon's point of view... it means that the reader doesn't know what's going on either. Maybe this is just me? Something to think about, either way.

Ihniwid Chapter 5 is up- find it here!
Gon
Visitor

Topics: 0

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great creativity to consider the different perspective on the game Knights and Dragons and how such would be played by the dragons. And as expected, you write with great detail creating amazing imagery. Very Happy

As for those dragons, I figure they need to at least try leaving the cave to figure out what they are going to try to do. I wonder if they notice the spot that got them over there in the first place; I'm sure that pile of sticks and leaves had plenty of time to burn away revealing anything that it may have hidden during their distraction of the mirror. Are they even going to get a chance to leave the cave anytime soon? (hint hint: Are they found by the same beastly captor(s) that they saw in the mirror.)
PopeAlessandrosXVIII
Arts and Poetry Mod

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 3:16 am    Post subject: Polling Reply with quote

M'kay, now that we've had a few suggestions, I made a poll, yays! Voting begins now. Oh and Shille-kun? It wasn't human they saw *Evil grin* In fact, no humans will be in this story whatsoever if I can help it. Anyways, on with the voting!

To Be A Knight
PopeAlessandrosXVIII
Arts and Poetry Mod

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 12:33 am    Post subject: Poll Reply with quote

What to do next. . . .
Go to an older friend and discuss what was seen and what to do next.
33% [ 1 ]
Leave the cave and talk about what to do now.
0% [ 0 ]
Examine the spot where the fire had been and find something important.
66% [ 2 ]
Get captured by the beasts they saw in the mirror.
0% [ 0 ]

Total Votes : 3
Who Voted: Gon, misterbiz, Shillelagh

Okay, votes are in, new chappy soon!

To Be A Knight
Author Chapter
PopeAlessandrosXVIII
Arts and Poetry Mod

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Act I Part III Reply with quote

Act I Part III

Xemnas sighs, his heart still aching. “I don't know my friend. I simply do not know.” Inderi's head drops, gloom settling firmly into his mind. After several seconds the two boys notice Celest is staring at something near the cavern entrance. They turn to look, but see nothing. “What is it Celest?” Xem inquires. Instead of relying she rises slowly and moves over them towards where she has her eyes glued. The other two rise slowly behind her, watching closely as she reaches out and drags a claw through a pile of ash.

Inderi's head perks up. “That's where Xem burned that stuff before. . . .” He murmurs. Xemnas's ears witch as the sound of claws on stone is interrupted by a much different noise. The two move to her side as she picks up an odd object from the pile. She blows on it gently and the soot falls away easily. The small bauble seems to have a glow of it's own. White and sliver lights seem to swirl around inside, curling and writhing in long thin threads. Among them is a single green thread that seems to vanish on occasion.

Inderi moves in closer to the claw holding the object, pulling her claw down for a better look. Much of the tension and sadness that the images in the mirror had caused slowly ebbs to a lower level allowing his to truly marvel at it. Xemnas reaches out and plucks the orb from it's resting place and brings it up level with his eyes. Celest, follows the object with her eyes and lets out a low grunt. “It's so strange. When I look at it, I feel like it's a friend, but at the same time, it's calling for something.” Her voice is soft, almost frightened, but instead of fear her heart swells with a powerful feeling.

Xem nods with understanding. “I don't know what this is, but I think we should hold on to it for now. Somehow. . . . .Somehow, I think it has something to do with, with what we saw.” Xem looks to his companions and they bob their heads in agreement. Reaching down to his chest Xem finds a mostly hidden spot near his arm and presses the orb into his scales. The soft under-scales shift and crackle, almost pulling the bauble in until is sets into his flesh comfortably. The three look one last time around the cavern before moving towards the cave entrance.

The sun seems blinding after the near pitch black of the cavern and Inderi spreads one of his wings over his head to block out a bit of the sun as the exit. A gurgling rumble causes Celest and Inderi's heads to whip around to stare at Xem. After a long moment of silence they three of them break out laughing. Several young dragons nearby huddle closer to their parents as the small group laughs harder and harder, the gloom from before seeming to feed the laughs. When they finally get control of themselves again Celest charges headlong from the riverbank.

The boys are hot on her tail and as she reaches the edge of the water she takes a sharp turn upstream. Inderi follows in a flash, but Xemnas, a little less nimble skids awkwardly into the water, losing his footing for a moment before he too takes off along the bank. It doesn't take long for them to pass out of the valley lower into the hill area beyond. As soon as the small of rot reaches their nostrils they slow down to a ambling walk.

Xemnas give the two a nod as he breaks off towards his fermentation cellar in a nearby hill to eat his fill of rotting meat. Inderi and Celest begin fishing, pulling out several fish almost as big as the smaller dragon. A few spouts of golden and red flames has them cooked in short order and the two begin feasting. As they eat they talk about random topics, sometimes shouting so that Xem can join in, but at the back of each of their minds the memories of the cavern still pulses strongly. After the meal they all gather at Xemnas's nest. The bones and skulls lay strewn about in a seemingly disorderly fashion and Celest nags once again about getting it in order. As usual, he just shrugs it off. The three curl together in after eating bliss to let the food settling.

After some more idle talk Inderi finally crawls up Celest's chest so he can see both their faces and states, “I think we should go see Tai about the thing. . . .” A cool silence falls across the group as they contemplate the idea while trying to fight back the images trying to fight their way into the forefront of their minds. At last the other two shift to their feet and look towards the valley. With a grunt Xem agrees and Celest simply nods. Xem kneels down and Inderi takes the hint. With s quick scuttle he mounts his friend, clinging close to his neck. His long tail whips about at the skeletal and pink dragons take off towards the middle of the valley where they know the one they seek is.

Minutes later they settle down in front of a sizable cave with a dragon sunning itself before it's entrance. It's purple scales seem to hum and it's long whiskers twitch as it rolls to the side to greet them.

“Greetings young ones. A fine day today, no?” The deep baritone rumbles through it's massive chest like a roar, but the kindness behind it shows through. The purple dragon is at least twice the size of Celest, but he fails to be intimidating as he scratches at a random itch on his rump. “What can I do for you today?” He smiles, eyes shifting between them. They look to one another, passing a silent message that only they would understand. 'We can't tell him everything' The look causes him to roll onto his stomach to get a better look at them.

At last they take a seat. Inderi talks first. “You see Tai Long, we were wondering about a kinda dragon.” Tai cocks an eyebrow.

“Oh? Which one? Did you see one among the visitors you didn't recognize?” Tai inquires. Xemnas shakes his head.

“No, um, but we did hear about them from one. You see, they were talking about white dragons and I overheard them on my patrol. . . . .”Xem falls silent as Tai moves deliberately into a sitting position.

“White dragons, hmmmm?” The three nod, waiting for Tai to go on. He is silent for several seconds, looking them over like a parents getting ready to scold his children. When at last he speaks, his voice is much less airy then usual. “White dragons have not been seen for many years. Despite their wide spread breeding grounds and friendliness for all dragon species, they all seemed to fade away long ago.” He looks between them as he speaks, trying to read them. “I am not an expert on them, so that's all I can really tell you. . . .” At last his voice softens once again, finding nothing in their eyes to worry him.

“Um, um, is there anyone who knows more? I mean, we're just really interested. . . . .”Celest asks softly, the barest hint of hesitation in her voice.

Tai settles back down into his sunning position, readying himself for a nap. “There are others, like the elders, Kreous Moss, Demiter, and Anishina off the top of my head. You may want to try the visitors too, seeing as they were talking bout them.” His eyes slowly close as he speaks. With a long sigh he fades off into sleep, his deep breaths rumbling through his chest.

The three back away quietly and head for the river. Plopping down on the bank they lay quietly, playing with the water with tail or claw. Their minds race. 'Vanished, really? Was that the last one? Are those the creatures responsible? Why did they see it? Why is the reflective thing even there?' With more questions then answers, they simple sit, and think.

To Be A Knight
PopeAlessandrosXVIII
Arts and Poetry Mod

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 1:44 am    Post subject: *Sad Face* Reply with quote

*Looks around sadly* Anyone?

To Be A Knight
Ingrothechundyer
Royal Arch-Mage

Topics: 63

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first thing that comes to mind is to go back and see if we can use the mirror again. It seems like we could get more information from the white dragon then anyone around the valley and it appears that we could communicate with the white dragon if the mirror would hold out.

The next thought that comes to mind is to inquire about a strange tale that we heard about a mirror that shows strange stories and see if (a different) dragon knows anything that could help us with this.

Of course there is also the obvious (and probably not very helpful) option of continuing the inquiries about the white dragons.
PopeAlessandrosXVIII
Arts and Poetry Mod

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: Post Reply with quote

Yay, a heartbeat! *Looks* Well, I can extrapalate 3 otions from what's above. I'll give it til tnonight, then I'll have the poll up! Thank you Ingro-kun!

To Be A Knight
PopeAlessandrosXVIII
Arts and Poetry Mod

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Polling Reply with quote

M'kay, now polling, come get yer votes in!

To Be A Knight
VenomousAngel
Resident

Topics: 4

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, this is a very different story indeed.. Kinda like a comic more than a story. I rather enjoyed the relaxing enviroment, However a few things snagged on me in various places. Mostly just words spelled wrong, or in the wrong places.. Nothing to serious, just needed to be acknowledged.. But keep up the good work Pope hun!

PopeAlessandrosXVIII
Arts and Poetry Mod

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:33 am    Post subject: Poll Results Reply with quote

Where to turn?
Go back to the mirror and try to contact the white dragon.
100% [ 2 ]
Research information on the mirror.
0% [ 0 ]
Continue asking around about white dragons.
0% [ 0 ]

Total Votes : 2
Who Voted: Ingrothechundyer, VenomousAngel

Oki, all votes are tallied Razz Will have the next chapter up soon! Thanks for reading. Also, I wonder just how this seems to be like a comic Angel-kun? And indded, if it is like a comic, how is it unlike a story? For, a comic, whether short or liong, is still, in fact, a story. Razz Sorry, just had to poke at you a little there. NO hard feelings.

To Be A Knight
VenomousAngel
Resident

Topics: 4

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Giggles* No hard feelings at all Pope dear, But a comic is more fun filled and comical.. Humorous if you will.. Where as a story has serious written all over it. I felt like i was reading a comic book rather than a book that needed more attention to understand.. Which totally isnt a terrible thing. *Smiles*

Author Chapter
PopeAlessandrosXVIII
Arts and Poetry Mod

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:43 pm    Post subject: Post Reply with quote

Hmm, finally got my Mojo back. I'll be picking this back up a.s.a.p.!

To Be A Knight
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> The Vault All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: