Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
Author's Research Material

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> Info Street - FAQs and Guides to the City -> Writer's Academy
View previous topic :: View next topic  

sagittaeri
Scifi/Experimental Mod

Topics: 16

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Author's Research Material Reply with quote

I was discussing with biz in the inn today, and we had a brilliant idea: why don't we share our research?

As authors, we'll always struggle with getting things accurate, and sometimes the time it takes to do the proper research is a bit of a turn off. But since we're all authors, I believe we can also be the best resource for each other as we've probably been there before. So, I propose that we start a dedicated section of the forum where we can start specific research threads (e.g. Law/Legal/Justice system, Modern firearms, Medicine, Mental conditions, Forensics, Science of vehicles, Ancient weapons, etc) where we can put an FAQ in the first post, and then ask more questions if needed.

I'll begin by making a thread, to see if the concept works.
Seraphi
General Fiction Mod

Topics: 2

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thumbs up to this idea, Sagi! I hate doing a lot of research, it kills my writing mojo >_>
zeeshan030
Visitor

Topics: 0

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rigor mortis (Latin meaning "stiffness of death") is one of the recognizable signs of death that is caused by a chemical change in the muscles after death, causing the limbs of the corpse to become stiff and difficult to move or manipulate. In humans it commences after about 3 hours, reaches maximum stiffness after 12 hours, and gradually dissipates until approximately 72 hours (3 days) after death. Heat sources such as fire can speed up the process of rigor mortis.

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> Writer's Academy All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: