Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
Jack of all trades -- come play a game

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> Stasis Hall - Completed or archived Storygames -> The Vault
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author Chapter
Kisses
Citizen

Topics: 29

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:38 pm    Post subject: Jack of all trades -- come play a game Reply with quote

To those who never read Celtic books, I am introducing this written work. I've always loved celtic, roman and druid stories.

Jack: This is me when I am older, and this is my story

Chapter 1:

I've been held by my will in a little cramped space. A man was standing infront of me, breathing on the nape of my neck. My eyes were closed ready for what was about to happen. Then the man spoke, "I am Juluis Carmi, you were sworn to me, to ly with me."
He smelled my hair and my tears shed from my face, I had never cried before in such a position.

I was sitting crouched down, head low and not looking at the sabre-judge. The council did not make me whimper, did not make me want to cry – for what happened, brought shame to me and to anyone who knew me. I was only thirteen and my knowledge of my world, did not bring a gaze into the future.

I knew I had to be strong, picking wisps of hair from my sweaty face and brow. A habit I could not expel easily. All the scorn I could muster up for them, could not change their heart. I told myself, “I'm a bastard child of a creature I never met.”

The chamber maids next to the judge were half naked with blue Celtic tattoos. My eyes lowered for I knew it was close for me to be turned into an adult female, but for what my Mother did-- brought shame and that shame was me, a shame that brought no light to why I came to be.

Summoning the courage to speak, I ringed on my tail. A tail that all found out I had when I went skinny dipping at the river side. Looking down at my feet the floor of the chambers were reflecting my face. I was a tanned young girl, red hair lined with black. Eyes as orange as the sun set. However with no family and no love.

A sharp scraping sound of a sword dragging behind someone. I watched as a masked man, well-muscled and with what I could see, his eyes were as white as snow. Still he stood patting his sword in his free hand. This was it, Its over.

It was no use in rebelling against the house of the judges, a chamber made of mahogany wood and decorated with coat of arms, adorned with dragons of each royal family.

I waited for the final count-down of being carried away. This was not like being grounded by your family, it was worse, it was racism between what I was and what I am not.

An old lady waddled with a crooked stick, she was known as the current midwife of the clan. Her name was Mina, she had let her hair go grey. She was in her late 50s. Her eyes laugh lines showed she did not age very gracefully. When she spoke, her voice was quivering, a feeling that she could shine some light on my pathetic short life.

Having the old lady Mina's face aimed at me , my heart sped up. She seemed unsure of what to do about me. She however knew me, which if Mina confesses of keeping me a secret, she goes free and what happens to me?

Mina lifted her arms, “Listen, I kept her a secret. I have nothing to do with her more than I helped her mother with the birth of her child, Jack, is a girl. Do what you may with this creature.”
__
What should our little hero do?

[/url]

Last edited by Kisses on Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Author Chapter
Kisses
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flash back***

This was no spontaneous gathering around the fire for the druidress' marriage. Jack's mother. My mother. Welcoming my mother back was as hard as hiding my tail at the age of nine. A new home of normal humans. My mother was marrying the guy only because he looked good , his manners were of non-existence. I hated seeing him. She as I knew her did not know what darkness was ahead of her in the near future.

There were no distance activity, The active people were everywhere, and I was hiding behind a old tree that only brought sad memories. This memory was of my father. The same tree they killed him. No one knew I was my mothers daughter.

In a low continuous tone that brought uncertainty to me and my mother. she turned to look with fear in her eyes to me. Her fingers twitching -- so i knew she wanted me close. But I stayed my breath and hid even deeper in the underbrush.

A dense smell wafted from the flames of seven bon fires. Large wood was tossed into the fires every time it started to form cinders. I could only watch as my mother made the vows. a vow she did not really believe in or cherished. The man she was marrying was the man who killed my father. For jealousy killed the only one that understood me and now I am loosing the only one who was ever there for me. the cinders had dirtied my knees and palms for crawling closer to see the bonds of marriage being tossed open like cards-- a royal flush as I heard one person bellow out.

It looked like the two was holding hands and meditating, for when the man opened his eyes and looked at me. His blank face turned into a grin. A deep hollow filled my soul as though in disgust, reading his face meant horror and dread to me, no good effect on me or my mother.

Frowning intensely he nodded and determined he swung his head as to show where i was hiding. In a rough and painful grab - being tossed into the air like a rag doll. My chest being squeezed to the intent to render me powerless. He ignored my cries and kicking as I screamed for my mother, screaming her name instead of just Mom.

I was sworn over to another man when I reach the age of thirteen, I was only nine years old and already I was being forced to my new fathers' son. It was a horrible event which rendered me helpless and eventually with me kicking soo much -- ending up being tied to a post -- like a horse ready to be broken. My mother acknowledge my hurt as she sat crouched down at the post - for no tear was shed. It had to be a reason to why she was not even talking to me.

My sweat was accumulating around my forehead, my tears could not seethe the hurt in my soul. I was thirteen and sworn to marry, but since they found my tail to be of no human existence, I was then sworn off instead of sworn to. Which was a relief, but not a complete evaluation of what will happen to me - since I am not human at all.

[/url]
kkdestiny
Mayor

Topics: 56

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poking this thread?

"The Freedom of Magic" Just got its THIRD chapter up!

Hope you all find the time to read them Very Happy *goes off to look for an SG to read*

Note to self: The Elven Moon; Coin; SVI; Black Animals; Two Wolves; Angel Cat
Author Chapter
Kisses
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi kk destiny Smile got comment??

[/url]
kkdestiny
Mayor

Topics: 56

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, i'm honestly confused. The story itself is fine but you bring us up to a DP, ask for people's opinions, and then post something without the poll inbetween?

"The Freedom of Magic" Just got its THIRD chapter up!

Hope you all find the time to read them Very Happy *goes off to look for an SG to read*

Note to self: The Elven Moon; Coin; SVI; Black Animals; Two Wolves; Angel Cat
Author Chapter
Kisses
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the first post is the story, the second in RED is a history piece to get connected to the character.

My DP is: What should the hero do. And I could not put up a poll cause no readers replied-- since traffic was slow. Also this game: Is to add different other charaters of your choice, this is a free reign for readers of this game.

Do not move this story, please

[/url]
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> The Vault All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: