Storygames Home City of IF
Free online storygaming

The Night before If-mas - The final chapter is up!!! :D
Click here to go to the original topic
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Storygames Home -> Fantasy Tales of IF
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tatkret Sos

Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:11 am    Post subject: The Night before If-mas - The final chapter is up!!! :D  

Chapter 1

It was the night before christmas, Smeedles, stood in a giant christmas pudding costume, was conjuring up a delicious dinner for his guests. Whilst singing along to "I wish it could be christmas everyday" by wizard.

"Ding, Dong"
"Ah, there is the first guest" he said as he hobbled along the hallway to answer the door.
"Hi Smee! Squealed Crunchy. "I decided not to dress up this year, those little toads have been keeping me up all night so I didn't have time" She moaned
"Oh yes I forgot that you always looked like a frog. Well come in and have some champagne"

The two of them scrambled to the kitchen. Smee poured them both a glass of a very odd looking slime green coloured liquid.
" My own recipe" he exclaimed.
" Uh...Looks lovely" she stuttered.
"Chin, chin!" Smee laughed and downed his in one. Crunchy took a sniff of the concoction and almost gagged. She took a deep breath and poured the gooey liquid into her mouth. As Smee was blathering on about his great invention, Crunchy took her chance and spat it out! Whilst also tipping the remaining liquid in the glass down the sink.
"Mmm..." She smiled and rubbed her tummy trying not to be sick. "You'll have to give me the recipe. So I know never to make it by accident" she muttered to herself.
"A great chef never spills his secrets" he replied, chuckling at the pun.
"Can't wait for the main course" said Crunchy as she gulped, feeling rather sick. "What is it?"
"Well its a classic, but you'll have to wait and see." He giggled to himself.
"Great!" she said not very enthusiastically.

Suddenly, they heard a noise.
"Zapp!"
"What the hell was that?" squealed Crunchy. They ran out into the hall and found Cy standing in the middle of the room, dressed as a worm wearing a thong!
"Oh hello Cy, I love your outfit" Crunchy said laughing uncontrollably.
"Hello, I brought you those frogs legs you asked for." Said Cy. Crunchy turned and glared at Smee.
"...Chocolate frogs legs" he swiftly said.

Ding, dong" went the door for a second time.
Ding,dong...ding, dong" went the door again and again.
"Keep your head on I'm on my way!" Smee shouted. He waddled to the door and opened it. It was Tikky. She was dressed as a pirate complete with an emerald green jewelled eye patch, with a cutlass at her side.

"Oh hello Tikky, you look fab!" screamed Crunchy.
"Thanks. One does ones best. Oh I also brought a chocolate gateau" Said Tikky excited.
"Oh my god thankyou. He's been cooking again" whispered Crunchy. "I wouldn't try the champagne if I were you"
"Point taken" replied Tikky. She shivered and rubbed her arms to keep warm. "It's freezing out here." She came in and shut the door.

"Wait a minute Tikky" Smee said re-opening the door. "Your sister hasn't come in yet" He stuck his head out and looked around. Then turned back to Tikky with a puzzled look on his face.

"Tikky... wheres Tatty?" Questioned Smee.

So here's the DP. Where is Tatty? Why isn't she at the party? Does Tikky have anything to do with it?

(I am Tatty and Tikky is my older sister, for those who didn't know)
Smee

Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:19 am    Post subject:  

Excellent start, Tatty - although I'm not convinced you've quite captured the elegant precision of my cooking correctly.

Ahem..

Anyhoo, I suspect Tatty is actually hiding outside, too embarassed to come in, having gotten her costumes muddled and is dressed as a pumpkin.

Happy Writing :)
Crunchyfrog

Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:25 am    Post subject:  

I also think it is a costume related problem, since she was the parrot that should have been sitting on Tik' shoulder. But she got toppled by a low tree-branch and hasn't been seen since. :)
Tatkret Sos

Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:29 am    Post subject:  

I was thinking Of me being a parrot too! Great minds think alike!
:poke:
Cyberworm

Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:30 am    Post subject:  

Very good for your first SG post Tats! Well done! :D

I reckon Tatty is lying somewhere in the bushes, totally wrapped in toilet paper or in duct tape like a mummy. Don't ask me how or why I got to that idea, because I'm clueless myself. :-D

I like the start, now enjoy your writing experience! :D
DeadManWalking

Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:23 am    Post subject:  

She's waiting to surprise people! She hid herself in a giant gift-wrapped box, but forgot to find someone to bring it inside, so she can't get out.

Or something.

Anyways, good start so far! Very festive.
Tatkret Sos

Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:25 am    Post subject:  

Thanks for all your comments! The Ideas are really good!
Tikanni Corazon

Location: Running through the plains of my mind, my wolf spirit at my side (but doing so in the UK!).

Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:17 am    Post subject:  

Well done, Lil' Sis! :D
I think that mabye you were annoying me before we left for the party, so I had to make you walk the plank! :laf:
I also like Smee and Crunchy's ideas for costume. I say, you were wearing the parrot outfit to the party, but it somehow gets ruined*sniggers evily* and all that Smee has for you to change into is a pumpkin costume left from Halloween.

Really good story Tats! :D
Thunderbird

Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:16 pm    Post subject:  

Heh heh :P a fun read!

I say she's out trying to find a date for the party... hunting down that 'special' guy friend. (whoever he may be)
Tatkret Sos

Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:15 pm    Post subject:  

Poll's up guys! Get your votes in :)
Tikanni Corazon

Location: Running through the plains of my mind, my wolf spirit at my side (but doing so in the UK!).

Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:21 pm    Post subject:  

Just had to vote for the 'Walk the Plank' option!
Even to fantasize about doing such a thing is simply delicious! :laf:
Though I was tempted by the costume malfunction. Seeing as you always have to look perfect when you go out (though I can't really talk in that department!), it would be funny to see you looking far from it. :laf:
But with the plank option, your costume would be ruined anyway. And it must mean that I have a pirate ship to go with my outfit! Mega Bonus! :tu2:
Tatkret Sos

Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:31 am    Post subject:  

Haha You wish! :lol:
Tikanni Corazon

Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:23 pm    Post subject:  

Yeah, you have no idea how much! :laf:
Tatkret Sos

Posted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:48 am    Post subject:  

Get that image out of your head because it's never going to happen love! :laf:
Tikanni Corazon

Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:47 am    Post subject:  

Well, not exactly like that mabye. But I'd settle for a swimming pool and a rubber dingy! :laf:
Tatkret Sos

Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:11 am    Post subject:  

The pole finishes this weekend! Keep your votes coming in :-)
Crunchyfrog

Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:37 am    Post subject:  

You're doing well with this one, Tats! :)
Tatkret Sos

Posted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:36 pm    Post subject:  

Ok thanks for all of your votes here is chapter two!

"How should I know?"
"Tikky, she's your sister!" Smee exclaimed. Tikky laughed to herself.
"Tikky" warned Smee.
"Well I might have left her behind."
Ok. Go back home and get her" Said Crunchy.
"She's not at home"
"Where is she then?" questioned Crunchy.
"Umm...well. It was dark so I'm not entirely sure"

"Right, everyone get your coats. We must find her" said Cy.They all rushed out into the darkness.
"Poor little Tats, all alone. How will we ever find her?" said Crunchy worried.
"Well, she's wrapped in a big, red box. It shouldn't be that hard" confirmed Tikky.

Suddenly, Thunderbird swooped down carrying a large red box with his beak, shortly followed by Kang.
"We found a bunch of gnomes trying to steal this present so we decided to rescue it." said Kang. "There seems to be someone or something trapped inside it but we couldn't open it.
"LET ME OUT OF HERE!" screamed the contence of the box. Tikky started laughing but suddenly, the box erupted in a flash of claws and fur. A furious looking polar bear stood before them. They all ran for their lives, all but Tikky who was rolling around on the floor giggling.

"How could you leave me like that!" sceamed the bear in Tattys voice. She was ignored. With one swipe of her paw, Tikky was sent flying towards a bush. There was a moment of silence. then suddenly, there arose an almighty roar and out pounced a giant grey wolf. The rest of them were still scared out of their wits but mouths wide open with shock as the two beasts sprang at each other and they proceeded to roll around in the middle of the street, squealing every few seconds with chunks of fur flying in all diections.

"Get off me you overgrown furball" Shouted Tikky.
"Make me!" Tatty said as she sprawled herself across Tikky making it impossible for her to escape.
"Ahh...get off snickers!" Tikky cried.
"No, I'm quite comfy actually" tittered Tatty. Suddenly, there was a burst of laughter and they turned to see their all of friends falling over themselves with uncontrollable mirth.
"What are you laughing at, I'm in agony with this great lump suffocating me!" Yelled Tikky but that just made them worse and they laughed even more.

Finally, Tikky managed to squeeze out. The both of them jumped to their feet and ran at the others mennaceingly. They fled but stopped and turned back when they heard the pair giggling.
"Ah, got ya!" cackled Tikky, as she and Tatty went in for a high five.
"How come you never told us that you guys could shapeshift?" asked Cy.
"You never asked" replied Tatty gesturing to the remains of their costumes. "Do you think you could do something about these, Smeedles" Tatty said sweetly. Smee smiled and with a snap of his fingers they were repaired.
"Come on, lets get back. It's freezing out here." said crunchy. They all wandered down the street back to Smee's house.

Back at the house, everyone was having a great time dancing, drinking, having a right laugh.
"Ah you're back" giggled Smee as Tatty and Tikky came down the stairs as their normal selves. Tikky back in her pirate costume and Tatty was dressed as a lady santa. 'Jinglebell rock' came on and they all hit the dance floor.

The dancing went on for a while. But Crunchy couldn't go on any longer so she collapsed on the sofa, exhausted.
"How about a bit of magic, Smee?" chuckled the frog.
"Yeah, come on Smee"
"Smee, Smee, Smee!" roared the guests.
"Okay, okay" They all snuggled down on the sofa and he began.

He started off juggling bright blazing fire balls. Then he went on to giant creme pies. But that ended up being a bit messy.
"Okay, for my final trick I shall need a volunteer."
"Me, me. Oh pick me!" shouted Cy. He wriggled to the centre of the room and prepared himself.
"I will make the worm disappear... ABRA...KADABRA...ALAKASAM!" bellowed Smee and in a puff of smoke Cy was gone.

Ok the DP is what happens to Cy? Does he come back at all, doe she come back as something else? Thanks for reading.[/img]

Got the picture up finally! Yay!
Thunderbird

Posted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:53 pm    Post subject:  

Fun chapter! I'd say Smee meant to teleport him to the next room but instead has accidentally made him invisible and mute... uh oh.
Phantomfan

Posted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:10 pm    Post subject:  

Ooo I got it I got it! He has been transported to an alternate universe where the evil Ifians reside!!
Tikanni Corazon

Posted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:20 pm    Post subject:  

Great second chapter, Tats! :D Especially the fighting! Such an accurate depiction of RL! :laf:

I actually like Phantomfan's idea, so I'm not going to suggest anything else. I think a real factor here is, is Smee powerful enough to be able to bring him back?*Is sceptical* And if not, who is brave enough to pass into the land of Evil IFians, to get Cy back?

Well done Tatty! ;)
Tatkret Sos

Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:28 am    Post subject:  

:-) Thanks for all your great Ideas guys! :P
Keep them coming in :)
and of course Tikky it always ends up when Im sprawled making it impossible for you to get out! :lol: Otherway round me thinks!
Crunchyfrog

Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:39 am    Post subject:  

I'm also of the mind that this DP signals the beginning of an adventure. He's been banished to the Land of Odd, and we've got to get him back before things get too random. :)
Tikanni Corazon

Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:48 am    Post subject:  

Tats, I was thinking more of the 'rolling around, fur flying everywhere' bit (though it would be hair rather than fur!). But yes, you're right. It would end up the other way around, no thinking required. It would! And that is my speciality move, sit on top of someone till they beg for mercy (with tickling allowed if they are found to be too stubborn to beg! :laf: )
Cyberworm

Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:11 am    Post subject:  

Is the DP question's gender change intentional? :P "Does he come back at all, doe she come back as something else?" Heheh, I like the gender change idea. I say he returns me as a woman! That would make things interesting, since I am a straight guy. :shock:
Smee

Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:59 pm    Post subject:  

Hmmm teleported to the IF thong factory, landing in a bucket containing thousands of them springs to mind, but I like the idea of an Adventure to Odd.

Watch out for your spellings, Tatty - it got a bit sloppy in places which can interupt the fun of your story.

Happy Writing :)
Tatkret Sos

Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:10 am    Post subject:  

Ok thankyou for all your great comments and Ideas! Loving the thong and the woman idea! :lol:
Oh Smee thanks for pointing them out. I've corrected as many of the spelling mistakes that I could spot! :D
But in my defence this laptop is really awkward to use so that could have been the problem to alot of it :whist: hehe
Tikanni Corazon

Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:42 am    Post subject:  

THERE IS ABSOLUTALY NOTHING WRONG WITH MY LAPTOP!!! :x

*strokes the laptop affectionatly* Poor little thing! It's not even two weeks old!

Bad Tatty! It's your own fault if you can't be bothered to check your spellings!
The White Blacksmith

Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:43 pm    Post subject:  

I say Cy has accidentally been turned into a real worm - that size, and that mental ability! But he can still talk at normal volume, oddly enough, so they can hear what he says (which will just been an endless stream of banal worm-thoughts) even when they have no idea where he is.
Tikanni Corazon

Posted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:01 pm    Post subject:  

Got the picture up on here, finally! Not that you really deserve it Tats, after that comment about my laptop! But, it gives me a chance to show off a bit too, I suppose! *giggles* Even though it isn't one of my best!
Tatkret Sos

Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:09 am    Post subject:  

Ok everyone the poll is up!
Get your votes in :)
Dragonite

Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:06 pm    Post subject:  

Can you include me as an Evil If-ian! make my scales green because my scales are red and you want to make the evil copies Opposite :-D :grin: :lol:
The White Blacksmith

Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:18 am    Post subject:  

I'm not hugely happy about the 'evil Ifians' thing winning because it's been done several times before, but I'm interested to see how you handle this.
Tatkret Sos

Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:36 am    Post subject:  

Hey guys! :)

Sorry for the delay! But I've had so much school work I just haven't had time for anything else. There is a half term holidays in a couple of weeks so I'll have a crack at it then.

Yes Dragonite you may be an evil ifian if you want! :)

If I'm lucky I might get this sg finished by next IF-mas! :lol:

Tatkret Sos

Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:46 pm    Post subject:  

Hey guys!

Sorry I couldn't get the next chapter out but it is in mid progress so it shouldn't be too long :)

Tatkret Sos

Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:11 pm    Post subject:  

Chapter 3

They all gasped and then there was silence. Smee had a puzzled look on his face.

“Smee? Everything alright?” questioned Crunchy.

“Yes, yes. I’m just trying to remember the words to make him reappear.” Smee said, still with a puzzled look on his face, which gradually turned to worry. Smee turned away sheepishly.

“Smee!” shouted Crunchy. “Where is he?”

“I…I don’t know”

“What do you mean you don’t know? You must know how to bring him back.” Said Tikky Smee gave a terrified look and then fled to his study and searched frantically for his spell book.

He returned a few moments later carrying a large, ancient book. He scanned the pages and suddenly stopped. His face grew more and more frightened.

“Oh no!” he gasped. “According to this, I’ve just sent Cy to the alternate evil IF!” They all looked at one another not knowing what to do.

“It will all be okay” assured Crunchy. “It’s a spell book; there must be a reversal spell to bring him back.” Smee turned the page but only found a torn edge. It wasn’t there.

“Oh well, that’s just perfect!” exclaimed Tatty.

“Well, we must go help our friend. Who’s with me?” he said as he reached his hand into the middle of the crowd, followed by the rest of them.

“Go team IF!” they all shouted.

“Right, everyone hold on to me, and close your eyes” said Smee. “Biff. Baff. Boff!” They all disappeared in a puff of smoke.

‘Poof!’ They all reappeared but when they saw what was before them, their mouths were gaping open and their eyes were popping out of their heads with astonishment.

“It looks like World War Three,” remarked Kang. They stood in the middle of the city centre surrounded by collapsed and crumbling buildings. The air was filled with dust and thick smoke. They all looked around in dismay at the ruined city, each recognizing places they knew and loved.

“Let’s find Cy and get out of here ASAP! Thunderbird declared.

In the distance, they beheld the dark turrets and battlements of a castle. Great bolts of lightning crashed down on the earth around it, creating long looming shadows, as the thunder crackled menacingly. They were horrified, as they gazed, transfixed at the castle of the great King Key.

At that moment, they heard a cry, coming from a nearby, half-collapsed building.

“That sounded like Cy!” exclaimed Tatty and they raced towards the source of the sound. They crept into the building and followed the cries until they reached a doorway. They peaked in to discover their wormy friend tied down to a chair, having countless cream pies hurled towards him from all directions. But when they looked for the attackers, at first they couldn’t see anything, just a mass of dark shadows. Then they saw that they shadows started to separate and shift until vague figures started to form.

“Oh my god! Are those the evil ifians?” gasped Crunchy.

“I think so” replied Tikky.

“Ahhhh! Help!” cried Cy as another cream pie splattered across his face.

“Right. I’ll show them” Smee declared as he cast a fireball at the nearest shadow. There was a deathly scream, followed by a hissing, popping noise as the fireball smashed into it’s target. As they watched, a legion of glowing, red eyes turned to glare at them.

“What do we do now?” Crunchy gulped.

Okay, the D.P is exactly that. What do they do now?

Thanks for reading and sorry it took so long to do the next chapter.

Sorry dragonite that I couldn't fit you into my idea :) I'll put you into a later chapter i promise :D

Thankyou for your help Tikky :)
Tikanni Corazon

Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:40 am    Post subject:  

No problem, sis! Happy to help out. Though you are perfectly capable of doing it yourself. You've just gotta stop being worried about using descriptive words. You proved that you can do it, when we were discussing it yesterday.

I know it is the most obvious choice, but I like the idea of a big battle, a fight between good and evil. It would be great to see some samuri action from Kang, maybe a kung-fu Crunchy? *giggles*

Really great effort on this Tats. I know how hard you worked on it. Well done! :)
The White Blacksmith

Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:51 am    Post subject:  

Good chapter! Nice to see you haven't just gone with them meeting people with opposite personalities but took the 'evil' bit a little more literally.

I don't think our main characters, particularly Smeedles, would hang around now they've got the Evils onto them. If they run away it's so they can plan a better way to free Cy and if they're followed, well then Cy's left alone. Easy!
Tatkret Sos

Posted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:28 pm    Post subject:  

I know there isn't many options guys but it'll do! :) So whats it to be? Fight or flight?!?!?! :D

Hopefully I'll have a chapter up in the next couple of weeks and maybe it'll be finished by Ifmas! :laf:
Cyberworm

Posted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:04 am    Post subject:  

I don't know if I should vote, seeing that it's my wormy tail on the line. :P

Let's see if you love me enough to save me.

(Realizes he signed his death wish by saying this XD )

Storygames Home -> Fantasy Tales of IF Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2