Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
CRADY (Cc) ~Real money's worth!

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> City Central -> The Market Bizarre
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Items

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 2:25 am    Post subject: CRADY (Cc) ~Real money's worth! Reply with quote

CReative mediA InDustrY

Viability study (of business)

Is there a need for the product of service that I want to provide, and who exactly are the consumers?

The production industry is for books and editors. Services ranges from 3D front covers, pictures for fantasy/horror and how to books. Also short 3D films on the story if the book is well edited, spread across the globe.

The consumers are Authors. If however their book isn't great enough to be sold by the publishing house, they should sell it themselves.

The mission is to publish readable books and for those who can't find a publisher to stick to them. Objectives are for editor to help out as much as he/she can. Also for publisher to agree or disagree on global distribution. This is to make Authors feel right at home.

Authors pay for a 1000 books, when sold at 180 rand or which ever price the publishing house choose the books to be sold at. If author agrees upon the options. The writer will have the choice to sell a hundred books on agreement of said global distribution was disagreed upon.

If there is a hundred books to be sold with the price of R180, the publishing house would have to use R3 300 and the income to be split would be R18 000: R18 000 – (5300(VAT included))= R12700- (editing of either of below additionals)

Additional ghost writing services are:
Children picture books: R540 (R500 + VAT)
100 page assessment: R1710 (R1500+VAT)
Full manuscript assessment: R5700 (R5000+VAT)

Winnings would go to author. If author returns with said publishing agreement, publish the rest, the next lot would have to be a 1000 books, wether distributed by publisher or Author.

No books less than a hundred can be published, it consists of soft bind books, stapled books and newspapers. These books are copyright of the Author, in consent of the Author, the publisher can buy it from said author and distribute it worldly.

These books should only be in Afrikaans and English. Short compilation books consisting of 100 pages are also accepted.

___

You may ask me questions about this publishing house I've opened. If King is happy with me publsihing Authors books? For the IFIAN CITY I'll do reviews for free for now, until I get everything up and running! Thank you!

http://crady.pro-forums.co.uk/
Thunderbird
Elder

Topics: 104

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's too bad I don't have a clue how Rands translate into Dollars.

However, one thing I'd think you might find interesting, if you want to make a little $ on the sie (and this goes for everyone) is www.freelancer.com. You may find it a bit more useful than I have - its fairly tough for American authors to make 'nuff $ for it to be worth it there, but the conversion rates in other companies make it quite good for anyone who's halfway decent at writing and lives in some other countries. (Again, not sure about Rand : Dollar exchange rates.)

Shipping costs could be a factor here that may make it less profitable for someone overseas to utilize these services, but its nice to see that it can be done! I will certainly keep it in mind if and whenever I get to the point where I'm ready for that step - may be a while yet.

CHAPTER 25: Near-Light Speed (NEW CHAPTER! (12/4/2011))
Zephyrrr! And...

Items

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to bet on a working job... I want a job because they picked me. Not because I'm spinning a story about me being the best writer above all of those writers. I really want a job like that, but I guess I'll rather review books for money.
Thunderbird
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I didn't like that aspect of it either. Just because you can sell yourself (out usually) doesn't mean that you'd be the best for the job - wouldn't feel comfortable hiring through a site like that for the same reason.

Zephyrrr! And...

Items

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I just got an Anon email from them, somehow they got my email. I don't know how. I deleted it.
Thunderbird
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm.. not from me. I just posted the link here was all I just did. If you went to their website they may have had a way to find your email I guess.

Zephyrrr! And...

Items

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They said my password-- was-- The board one--(which I never signed up to them)
Ingrothechundyer
Royal Arch-Mage

Topics: 63

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you use that password other places?

It seems very odd that you were emailed that password from anywhere if it is unique to the city as passwords are not stored here (they are hashed and the hash is what is stored).

Items

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, but I don't use it.
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> The Market Bizarre All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: