Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
Legends, Fables, and Strata-gems: A complete breakdown
Goto page Previous  1, 2

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> City Central -> City Auditorium -> Auditorium Archives
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Bookwizard
Respected Citizen

Topics: 33

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have so much to say in response to all that has been written here I think I will end up saying very little...

Although I see Thunderbirds point about the original purpose for the Legends, I can't say I completely agree. Although I know exactly what you mean, I think that magic of becoming part of the "under-city" does not need to be backed up by anything. I think it ends up being more of a personal matter that currency should not enter into... making Legends sort of an arbitrary additional currency. However, I do completely agree with Smee's first post, I think it would be awesome to introduce that sort of concept to IF! Especially if we had a proper mod so people could award Legends to other IFians where deserved. Then if someone did something really spectacular and worthy of praise, it would be reflected by their legends.

I will always support keeping Fables just because I'm as much a crack-pot traditionalist as I am a crackpot progressivist. Also because I think that they have a ton of potential. Wether or not we choose to make the fable worth more and reduce the amount of fables currently in circulation, I think the focus should be on adding more things to spend them on. Encourage business in the Market Bazaar (I remember when I fist entered the city the Market was massive compared to it's current state!). Encourage use of fables elsewhere, promote gambling ( Wink ), Zorgby, and most importantly create whole new means by which to spend fables. I'm confident we can reach a point where people are spending just as much as they are earning.

Finally, concerning Strata-gems, to be honest I have no passionate like or dislike for them, but I more or less have come out in support of them. I think its cool to have a sort of sub-currency for other pursuits beside SGing on IF. Both as a concept and as a necessity.

Those are pretty much my thoughts...

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> City Auditorium -> Auditorium Archives All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: