Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
Legends Expiring

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> City Central -> City Auditorium -> Auditorium Archives
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Thunderbird
Elder

Topics: 104

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:40 pm    Post subject: Legends Expiring Reply with quote

Attention all IFians! Legends Expiration 10/1/11.

I'm dissolving Legends, well... preparing to reset them so they may be repurposed based on concepts delivered in previous council and open city discussions.

But those of you who've earned some should be given the opportunity to cash them in before they're simply wiped out.

Exchange your Legends for Fables by the first of October! (Do this on your profile page.) You'll find we're no longer earning them for any posts anywhere so exchanging them anytime between now and then will suffice.

Thank you. That is all.

CHAPTER 25: Near-Light Speed (NEW CHAPTER! (12/4/2011))
Zephyrrr! And...
Lebrenth
Honored Citizen

Topics: 43

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the warning. Are stratagems in danger too?

Welcome To Purgatory - current storygame
Please visit my Library of completed works.
Lilith
Honored Citizen

Topics: 82

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, wait a minute. Let me get some clarity on a few things here, if you don't mind.

First you abolish the district moderators like they were and then set up these... guilds. And everyone who wants to be in the guilds has to pay a joining fee of fables, and then a set monthly fee of fables as well.

Okay, unusual in the approach as it nearly comes close to the rent that we used to have to pay for our SGs to be in a district once they were moved out of New Storygames. But, okay.

You also decide you're tossing on two new forms of currency on IF, one to encourage Roleplaying and the like, that amounts to one-tenth of a fable and the other to encourage what I would call 'behind the scenes' posting, because that's the only places we know of where people can earn the 'Legends'.

But now you want to undo the Legends and reset them all, out of the blue?

All while to most of the public it seems you've disappeared in general?

Can you see where I'm going with this, or do I need to ask the question, "What is going on with your mind, and what happened to asking the IFians what they thought?" Isn't that what the Mayor is supposed to be there for? Imposing the changes that 'MIGHT' be necessary once IFians have shown a need for it and general day-day administration that Key can't be here to take care of?

Forgive me for seeming hesistant but I am really not seeing the brainwaves along this decision. In fact, on a whole, it really just rubs the wrong way. And hey, I might be the only person who might think like this. But then again, I might not be, and for that reason, is why I'm saying it.

What purpose does this serve to further IF?

© 2007-2019 Lilith
Shillelagh
Citizen

Topics: 20

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given how opposed everyone was when he introduced the Legends, and how they went into existance anyway... the purpose this serves to further IF is to fix what had previously been done, so that legends may or may not be re-introduced as per the ideas suggested in a few of the threads in the week or so after their sudden release.

Ihniwid Chapter 5 is up- find it here!
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Topics: 41

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I remember, it was always the intention to abolish or reset Legends aftera certain period of time - there was just discussion on how to implement them instead. I don't know how they'll be instead - there were suggestions that citizens could buy Legends for other people, in response to a good post or idea etc, not sure what the council has settled on.

However Thunder - is it possible to exchange peoples Legends for Fables automatically just before the reset? It would suck if someone was away for a week or something, missed this post, and just didn't realise they were being reset now and lost all their legends, rather than having them exchanged. And there's no reason for anyone to choose to hang onto a currency that's about to be set at 0, so I wouldn't think it was stepping on their toes by removing their options.

A Fronte Praecipitium a Tergo Lupi
Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Thunderbird
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can give it some more time there, Lordy... I can also review how many legends are still out there just before any reset and if its at a manageable amount, I can manually adjust the currency values for those stragglers. I don't mind giving it another month or so.

NO... Stratagems are NOT in danger. I think we've all grown accustomed to these little guys.

And yeah, Lil, when I established the Legend, a rather large discussion about them erupted and a great many new ideas came to the fore as to what they could be 'about'. While wanting to put the issue aside for a time, I allowed them to remain established as they were for a while but did note back then that they would be temporary. Many IFians made valid arguments that they would be unnecessary and that fable rewards could cover for them where they were currently being awarded. And a little bit of down time and distraction from the site doesn't mean I'm not here.

Zephyrrr! And...
Vikas Muralidharan
Respected Citizen

Topics: 30

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im still earning legends... And it's getting annoying to go exchanging Legends for Fables after every post...

Be sure to read HATE in Romance section Wink

Thunderbird
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really? Even after a quick audit on the settings, I'm showing you shouldn't be... huh... that's a bit strange. Please confirm and let me know in what forums this is taking place.

Zephyrrr! And...
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> City Auditorium -> Auditorium Archives All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: