Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
IF Quirer Issue #35 - 2 Month Special

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> Info Street - FAQs and Guides to the City -> IFquirer
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PopeAlessandrosXVIII
Arts and Poetry Mod

Topics: 122

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:04 pm    Post subject: IF Quirer Issue #35 - 2 Month Special Reply with quote

Bringing you the News The Old fashioned Way

In The Shadow Of The Spotlight
What's that over there? Is it a firefly? Is it a lighthouse? NO! It's, the Spotlight Competition!

Spotlight On The Horizon
Story by PopeAlessandrosXVIII

After a crushing victory, Run. by the esteemed Chinaren, came to a swift end. Now, in need of a new top dog racing to the future with more chapters and fantastic writing, the Spotlight competition has just come into sight on the boarders of IF. There are several candidates this time including ones written by new residents of IF, some of our regulars, as well as some newly returned IFians. The Spotlight is raring up to be one of the most exciting in a long time. Just wait and see! Story in the Spotlight section below.

Lilith, the fairy returns!

Lurking around IF on a cool autumn day, Stein caught sight of a rare sight around IF, outside the stories themselves. Upon closer inspection, his suspicions were confirmed: it was a fairy! After some quick exchanges, the fairy consented to being interviewed.

Stein: Thank you for consenting to an interview. You ready Rover?

Rover: Wuff *Buzzing and whirring sounds come from dog's head as it's ears come up to face Lilith*

Lilith: *Glances at the dog warily, unnerved by the buzzing and whirring* Sure... anytime...can I ask... why are we doing this?

Stein: Well, for every issue of the IF Quirer I try and get some interviews with IFians. The readers enjoy learning a little about their fellow IFians. Sometimes I do comparison interviews between members who have very different styles in some things, but most of the time it's just a little "Get to know you" section that the readers get to learn about one another!

Stein: Alright. First off, how are you today?

Lilith: Well, I didn't stab, maim, or poison anyone today... so I'd say I'm in a good mood.

Stein: I see. Well let's dive right in, shall we? What would you say your specialty is when it comes to writing?

Lilith: Er, speciality? *glances at the obviously mechanized dog and flinches* Well, I, um... uh... er... When I first joined IF, I was complimented for my focus on description of my scenes, my characters... now I'm damned quite often in RPs I've run as well as things I've written for unexpected plot twists and cliffhangers. So... I'd say it's description of scenes/characters, and plot-prodding. Yes that is a word that I have now coined. Now it's copyrighted. That's right, plot-prodding©!

Stein: Is that so? Interesting. What of reading? What is your favorite genre to read?

Lilith: Well, mostly I like stuff that takes a break from reality, the fantasy genre as in: magic, witches, wizards, demons, angels, dragons, fey, werewolves... that sort of thing. Even the things I read that are placed in the modern world have some streak of fantasy in it. But most of the time, it's stuff from either King Arthur era or before.

Stein: Ah. Now, I know you left for a while, so, when did you first join IF and why?

Lilith: On February 10th, 2007. I was off work that night, and it was cold outside so I couldn't leave and go be socialable like a respectable citizen of my town, and the people in the IF Inn made me feel welcome (K-Rai, Lordy). We didn't have to log in to use the Inn back then. And the IFians who were there know who they are and that this is all their fault.

Stein: Really? Hmmm. . . .Can you tell us a bit about your latest Storygame/s?

Lilith: Er, well, Justice! of course is an IF Tale, and I shanghaied Tikanni Corazon into co-authoring with me because I really admired her style and the amount of sheer effort she put into her writing. So I knew for sure she would hold up her end of the bargain. Suprisingly enough, my 'control freak' gene hasn't kicked in once with this tale because I trust Tika and her writing style. It also helps the fact that she and I have become very good friends, which isn't surprising, considering she's a sweet and honest woman. She's not broken my faith once since we've met, and that's a lot more than I can say for other people, both on IF and in RL; it's a rare quality to find.

But anyway, the tale is of course, set in the City of IF at the current time and in the story, myself and Tika start off slowly following the events of some odd mandates and such after Thunderbird's election. I mostly chose to give this a whirl because I wanted to do something I would enjoy writing, and the amount of times I laugh during a chapter is an indication of the audience's view.

Eden's Call is more of my normal writing genre, however I've stuck it in the current, everyday life to give it a fresh twist. Moreover, Sasha Carter, your average everyday twenty-five year-old business school graduate finds her normal life turned upside down when an order, long lost in the annuals of history, claims her as one of their own. And if I give you guys anymore information on that one, you'll have too much.

Stein: Fascinating. Do you have a current favorite storygame here on IF? If so, which one?

Lilith: You know, I can't really just choose one. So I would have to say that all of these:

are my favorites. (Note, these are all listed at Seelie Court as well!)

Stein: Ah, yes yes. Here is sort of a silly question, but why did you pick the name Lilith as your identity here on IF?

Lilith: Honestly, I originally picked 'Lily' for the flower "Lily of the Valley" which is the flower for the month I was born in. And Lilith is the only long version I could think of.

Stein: I see I see. . . .Well, I thank you so much for taking time out of your day for this. Please read the next edition of the IF Quirer so see your words in print *Winks* Now I must get this to the boss before he dissects me. Come Rover!

Rover: Wuff

The two walk out side by side heading for the IF Quirer headquarters.

Lilith:*exhales a sigh of relief* Holy crap, that was a mechanical dog, recording my every move! That's how he's doing it! *flies off*

An ODD Happening In IF

In a fun leap forward, our honorable King Key, upgraded the Land of ODD! By request he allowed most of the active characters to transfer their old characters over to the new version of the game. Several of the old items are either more expensive or can only be attained at higher levels, while there is a whole new menagerie of body parts and other things to make your Oddling even more fabulous then before! Care to be invisible? Go for it! Always wanted one of those epic capes that flap in the wind? It's now available! Wanna look big and bad, or bodacious beautiful? Now there are many more parts to use to do just that! Do not fret, many of the old favored body parts and accessories are still intact, you just may have to work that much harder to be able to buy them once again. Check out the Land of ODD today!

If Only Wordfind
The first three IFians to find all the words, mail PopeAlessandrosXVIII and you shall be rewarded from the IF Treasury!

Word Find Words:
Justice
Guild
Spellbook
Kalanna Rai
HATE
Rotch
Tavanesh
Big Red Button

Wordfind Winners from last month:
1st: Tavanesh
2nd: Lilith
3rd: N/A

Linear Lane Looky Loo

Over the years, not much attention is paid to a certain part of IF, and this reporter feels it's about time that changes. Though not as interactive as Storygaming, the tales in Linear Lane deserve just as much attention and input! So each month, the IF Quirer will advertize the active and/or recent Linear Lane stories for free. So here we go.

Destruction to the False Gods – PopeAlessandrosXVIII

Line of Kavanagh: The Original – Andolyn

A Hunter's Tale – Kalanna Rai

Suicide Short #1: Death – sheik

No Name Story – PopeAlessandrosXVIII

And here are some in the Dark Linear Lane

The Hell Half – misterbiz

Blood Stained Paradise – misterbiz

The First and Last of Everything – PopeAlessandrosXVIII

Come support the muse in Linear Lane today!

Escaping Eternia – misterbiz – 6
SparkleSteps – Tikanni Corazon – 6
Ihniwid – Shillelagh – 5
Worms of the Wasteland – Lebrenth
Run. - Chinaren – 5

Flying into first place comes Escaping Eternia by misterbiz. Tied but working it's way into second place is SparkleStep by Tikanni Corazon. Coming out of nowhere Ihniwid by Shillelagh pops into third place. Worms of Wasteland by Lebrenth finds itself shifting into fourth place. And lastly Run. By Chinaren finds itself putting down to fifth place.

Top 5 Peek

Well misterbiz's Escaping Eternia continues being IF's own evil zombie apocalypse of epic proportions with zombies, babes, bikers, and one PO'd experiment, all stuck in the little town, of Eternia! The heartwarming tale by Tikanni Corazon, SparkleStep races to it's thrilling conclusion with it's mystic mysteries all coming to their peak in it's final chapters! The most amusing tale of hand drawn antics and mystifying decision points, Ihniwid by Shillelagh sees a dragon from a bush and raises us a castle plagued by storm. The classic tale of a lone knight doing all he can to save his homeland is given it's own special quirks and lightning delivery by writer Lebrenth in the speed game Worms of the Wasteland. And finally, Run. By our illustrious Chinaren still hold a top spot even as this thrilling tale of love and time travel has reached it's amazing end!

All of these are dually recommended by this editor!

The city of Eternia had been billed as the liveliest city in the world, and for a long time it was, but no longer. Now all of its life has been replaced by the living dead.
Hordes of the undead crowd the streets. Yet after a week of hell, charismatic con man Leon Silver has had enough. But before he can leave, he's going to have to team up with a group of tough female comrades and battle his own demons if he ever hopes to escape Eternia.

Necessary Violence or Tasteless Gore Debate

This month I posed a debate that got a rather interesting set of responses. While most seem to agree, there were still underlying opinions that the writers themselves may ave missed. Here was the debate posed:

Now we all know with many stories, violence is a necessity, but when does the violence go that one step further and just become senseless gore? Is it too much to describe the flesh crisping and peeling away, or is it the screams of terror and agony that are too far out there to be tasteful?

There are some stories where the gore is a part of what makes the story, so that in effect is not tasteless, but whet makes the difference. A target audience or a particular taste for such things?

And here are some spinets of the responses I got.

”Violence and gore are sometimes a genre unto themselves in which case they're obviously necessary. Other than that, I think it's really the author's choice.” - Muaddib

”I think it is necessary for authors to draw a line. I try to avoid excessive violence in my stories. Of course, I cant imagine myself writing a story without any violence but when I don't think it would ever be necessary to "describe the flesh crisping and peeling away" but then, it could all add up to the descriptive quality of the story. When you want to depict the brutal nature of a villain, I guess you might want to describe it completely." - Vikas Muralidharan

"When you write something commercially, all you want to do is make a great impact on the audience that they will enjoy, and have a hard time forgetting. That is what makes good books, right?! Positive impact, and that comes with a better picture, vivid understanding of what exactly is going on in a book. Writing a book, is an art form in itself, and art is all about expressing yourself fully. In that case, there is no point censoring art, because you aren't going to be expressing yourself fully, and the purpose is defeated.” - Vishal Muralidharan

”I'm of the personal opinion that being of the most highly descriptive quality in whatever you write is almost always going to deliver the most impact. If you're going to write a scene, any scene, where you want to leave an impression, write it as graphically as possible. This is all the more important when delivering 'violence and gore'.” - Thunderbird

”Violence and gore really does depend on your target audience and how you want to affect your audience. For example, if I wanted to advance the story then I could simply put "Billy hit his opponent in the head and moved farther into the labyrinth". If I wanted to unsettle my audience a bit I could write, "Billy smashed the club into his opponents head repeatedly. The blood and gooey grey bits flew through the air and covered his armor as he turned his opponents skull to gel." It depends on how you want to approach your situation.” - Lost Omega

”I notice a lot of people are mentioning that it depends on the audience; I thnk it's worth pointing out that it depends on the author, too. Just as people who have never been in a relationship tend to be really bad at writing romance, people who have never seen violence tend to be really bad at writing gore. If you keep the descriptions short and brief, no one will notice. The more details you try and put in, the more chances you have at getting something wrong. And once you've made that slip-up, there's no going back.” - Shillelagh

”Most people will agree that the level of acceptable violence is totally subjective. Some people are specifically looking for the unnerving details and some don't want any violence of any kind at all. Violence certainly isn't necessary to have a good story, since you don't need violence to have a conflict. I guess my point is that violence is never necessary, but it's a fast way to introduce conflict, and though conflict isn't necessary either, I think it makes the story a lot more interesting.” - Lebrenth

”While being descriptive certainly can impact a reader, so can the opposite. It depends on tone and point of view. An impassive narrator can be quite eerie in certain situations. I don't think there is a line though. It really only affects the genre, as a love story will not have highly descriptive killings in most cases, whereas a horror might.” - HalfEmptyHero

So what do you think? Come join the debate today!

Story By PopeAlessandrosXVIII

The time comes once again for the beloved Spotlight competition! With the completion of the last Spotlight winner's story, Run by Chinaren, the Spotlight competition will once again get underway! Still in the beginning phases, we have no definite entrants, but here is a list of the Storygames that qualify for the competition:

The Color of Sound – Andolyn
The Children of Leyond – Kalanna Rai
Eden's Call – Lilith
Justice – Lilith & Tikanni Corazon
Escaping Eternia – misterbiz
Alice – misterbiz
Rotch – Tavanesh

Some are new and picking up pace, while others have already become old beloved stories here on IF. The competition will be beginning soon, so let us show the qualifiers our support!

Mr. Biz's Mindset
Story by Mister Biz

Ok, folks, Your friend IF Master of the Darkness here to share with you all the inner goings on of my twisted, little, deviant mind in all manners of writings. Yes, every month, I will have a little piece here discussing what I like, what I hate, what I love and what I loathe. And maybe sometime...kittens. Yes, kittens. But not now, no. This first little post is about horror movies and why they have gone downhill.

You see folks, as an amateur horror screenwriter, I look to the established greats as role models. Craven, Carpenter, Raimi, Miller, Romero, Hitchcock...All extremely gifted writers and directors. Guys who have made some of the biggest contributions to the horror genre. yet looking at their work and then at a lot of the work that floats around now and I'm depressed. What Happened?

We've gone from Halloween and Psycho to Saw and Hostel. I mean come on. Back then, there was some semblance of a plot, a lot of killing and very little gore. Or in Psycho all plot, little killing, no gore. But now you've got stuff like Hostel, Saw, Human Centipede that are using gore and disgustingness for the sake of having it. That's just lazy. Sure the first three Saws had a bit of a plot but after that it was nothing. If you look at Scream, a fine film, it had a plot. It had mystery and suspense. Sure it had plenty of killing and blood but the blood had a point. And as for outright gore with broken limbs and spilled guts, there were very few. Because Craven focused on the plot more. Sure it kinda went downhill after number 1 but sequels can do that.

The point is shoving gore into something is no real substitute for excellent characterization or an awesome plot. In fact, a lot of the more thought out films that have believable characters and a wicked plot, don't have too much gore or just enough to make it work. Using gore to see how much you can use and get away with is just lazy. Plain and simple.

Well, I've taken enough of your time. This has been a trip into my mind...so have a nice day.

Guild Ads and Updates

The Fantasy Guild opened it's first competition recently! The Short Story Challenge is a competition between fantasy guild members to write the best short story they can within the guidelines given. There are also several prompts that must be met to qualify, including certain objects, actions, and locations. Each competition will have it's own theme genre, starting off with Fantasy Horror in honor of the new Dark Fantasy section! Join the competition today Fantasy Guild members!

The Horror Guild is opening up a can of worms with it's “What is evil?” debate. The darkness is flowing and many a mind and heart is contemplating the true meaning, of true evil. Some other darkness seems to be creeping around the dank halls of the guild, but very little is known of it's purpose as of yet. Come share your thoughts and spread the darkness Horror Guild Members!

The Romance Guild has been pulling on the heartstrings with it's tales of real life love. From fated meetings to instant crushes, the real life love is alive and well in the Romance Guild. Also the guild has begun it's own short story competition. With a limit of 5000 words, what love tales will come to life it this budding competition? Come join this lovely competition today Romance Guild members!

The Sci-Fi Guild came out of the gate with a search for the perfect name for themselves. Going through several ideas and fascinating names they are still in the discussion and suggestion phase. As well as a name, this reporter has seen much activity in their garage as to indicates some sort of spacecraft is being build for the guild. Come throw in your two cents today Sci-Fi Guild members!

The Humor Guild has been bustin' out the laughs with it's Trash Talk competition. Personal slurs and insults have been flying, but all in good fun. Members are calling one another out to have trash talks that end in an uproar of laughter. Also, the members are invited to share their own real life funnies with the Personal LOLs discussion. Join the chuckles today Humor Guild members!

The Experimental Guild kicks up a fun competition for naming that fun little hand drawn character from Ihniwid. Not many idea thus far, so let's get some ideas out there for the poor Guildmaster! Get your mind a workin' Experimental Guild members!

The Art and Poetry Guild bursts from the starting gate with a whole myriad of things to do. A mutation of the Keyboard walk called Exercise in Imagery has the focus on the images inside your own mind to get the words out. The Poetry Challenge starts off with Acrostic style poems. The Guildmaster has posted a wonderful thread about the physics of poetry to help with understanding and writing those lyrical words and phrases. The guild also seeks to find itself a more interesting and fitting name. Still in the suggestion phase, more input is needed Art and Poetry Guild members!

And now a word from the Romance Guild:

Romance isn't all the mushy, gushy stories that give you a cavity just from reading...it's about true, deep relationships both intimate and platonic too! It can have action, adventure, excitement, and humor, but the relationships inside those stories are what make them just perfect for this section of our beautiful City of If. For an admission fee of 150f and a monthly fee of 30f ((waived if you have an active SG in the Romance forum)), you too can be part of If's little community of Hopeless Romantics, where there will be a lot of fun and serious discussions, debates, competitions and much more to promote the lovely and sometimes overlooked genre of Romance.

If you want to join, just send a PM to Andolyn or Vikas, stating your wish to join, and pay your dues!

Unrest In The Council Chambers
Story by Stein and Rover

An uproar was caused in the council chambers the other day which drew this reporters attention. Upon further investigation it seems that the formation of the Dark Guild was the cause. It seemed that Thunderbird's snap decisions once again caused a lot of friction, and several Guild Leaders got territorial. But at the end of it all a compromise was reached ending in a while new section for the Dark Guild! If you are interested in the Sexier side of stories, or the darker side of tales, and are over the age of 18, contact Kalyssa Summers to find out more about this new guild!

General News Report

Stein and Rover have scoured the breadth and width of IF gathering their news for the IF Quirer, and in there travels to get the big stories, they come across smaller, more general news. Here is a collection of smaller, news worthy things that have happened across the face of IF in the past 2 months.

A Video Storychat was held by our King Key in the month of August, and it seems to have been a smashing success! There were several players, and the session consisted of a warm-up and 2 storygames. Here are a few testimonials of the players when asked about the experience.

”I think the best part was the verbal story telling. It set a much faster pace then the text version of the Story Chat does and I think Key was able to convey a lot more in the telling then comes through in the text.” – Ingrothechundyer

”I felt the warm-up part was the best, it had me grinning through-out, especially how it was completely made up as you went along. I also really liked the fact we could change out votes, to balance it out in response to other peoples.” – LordoftheNight

“I think the video size was fine, but to be honest, we weren't really focusing on the video portion, just listening to you tell the story, which is perfect for me personally as I am an auditory responsive person.” – Lilith

In other news, a new staff member had been added to the editorial team for the IF Quirer. We all know him as the master of darkness, and the Horror Guildmaster, misterbiz! He now has is own section of the paper for his own thoughts and ideas, as well as taking on many responsibilities of the paper itself. Let's all give him a warm hand! *Applauds*

The latest winner of the Poetry Contest “Word”, found in the Poetry Palace is misterbiz, and his poem My Craft:

My eyes stare straight ahead
My thoughts move at the speed of light
Sweat rolls from my brow
I have to make sure that I do this right
I slip up so I go back, start again
Perfection is the only thing that can stand
Can not tolerate impurity
It must be right, true, great, never be bland
I move ahead, rolling like a tank
Mowing down everything that gets in my way
Here we go, I know I can do this
Yes, success is in the air, I shall seize it today
No, another mistake, back to the start
I'm getting nowhere like a dog after his tail
A devil shows upon my shoulder
He whispers to me that I'm destined to fail
Starting again, I know this is it
This time there will be no slowing me down
I race through, my mind focused
My labored, determined breathing my only sound
An hour later I finish and lean back
And banish the inner demon who had laughed
I rise up, and stroll from my keys
relaxing after completing another chapter of my craft

And that's all for general news this last 2 months! If you feel you have a bit of news you'd like to see in the next edition of the IF Quirer, feel free to contact the Chief Editor PopeAlessandrosXVIII at any time during the month.

Business

Story by Kang. . . .NOT!

It seems our illusive samurai, Kang, has gone missing! Without his skillful mind at the helm, the stock market reports have become unreadable! I have sent out Stein and Rover to find the lost editor, but I have little hope for finding him any time soon. Until his return, the stock market reports will be on hold. *Bow* My apologize.

Happy IF Day!
There are quite a few IF days for the months of Aug/Sep. And here they are:

Phang - 7 years

The people celebrating 6 years are:
LordoftheNight
Shogun
Chinaren
Argon18

Polokin & Hak are both celebrating 5 years

The lucky people celebrating 4 years are:
CurlyBear
Scrapper
Cyberworm

For 3 years we have:
OSD
tayfinch
Sabriel
Banthanar
GodinJeans
tinman
Scarlet Sunrise
someonelikeyou
TruePurple
Black Aramanth
CynicBrit
Midnight

And now the massive list of people celebrating 2 years:
SHELBSGAM
Mulrain
Dragon of light
Tidestorm
lyla
Deathkid90
Meep009
Greengelfling
altair1331
spammi
kman34
rusher67
burself
Jimhardy
angelforgod
emmawright258
korinne2809
H Train4
Greystripe
macron12388
lamonsta
BlackWolfe
vaskiller
LESTAT
polo_012
LolaTally
Exmortis
doctorg95
Mistymoe
rose382634
blade49
manisstar
weezer2000
tvoe34
CaramelBooty
17Xandra
mooredus
purplequeen4321
arcticsargen
PitCaptain2011
boomboom777
Thunderbird
losttodorkness
sparkz286
Doggiedog146
flagnar
iceman154294
Lavender_Fairy
hilfigerm22
my1legacy
Defilatecon
torquer
Mirel
Eva Ree
Vera1134
Bella
murthy
seijunna
Thoron Megil

Last but not least, the individuals celebrating 1 year here:
bubbambjr
realevil1492
kompanier
goddessartemis
mythoverlord0
400snazzyhats
Ingrothechundyer
killey2010
Darkwolf314
Vishal Muralidharan
immortalbreath
sadbutterfly
Vikas Muralidharan
limbor
A310678
glover.amanda16
ogiebaby
Ray4u
farage5
Nymall
Ronnic
M.Shenault

Congrats to all and Happy IF Day

Words O' Wisdom

“I think that we're all mentally ill. Those of us outside the asylums only hide it a little better - and maybe not all that much better after all.”
― Stephen King

Would you like to advertise in ?

Look here for more information!

Last edited by PopeAlessandrosXVIII on Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thunderbird
Elder

Topics: 104

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really great work on this one Pope! (and Mr. B Wink )

CHAPTER 25: Near-Light Speed (NEW CHAPTER! (12/4/2011))
Zephyrrr! And...
Vikas Muralidharan
Respected Citizen

Topics: 30

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A really good article!!!

And just two points of concern, though:

Quote:
”I think it is necessary for authors to draw a line. I try to avoid excessive violence in my stories. Of course, I cant imagine myself writing a story without any violence but when I don't think it would ever be necessary to "describe the flesh crisping and peeling away" but then, it could all add up to the descriptive quality of the story. When you want to depict the brutal nature of a villain, I guess you might want to describe it completely. When you write something commercially, all you want to do is make a great impact on the audience that they will enjoy, and have a hard time forgetting. That is what makes good books, right?! Positive impact, and that comes with a better picture, vivid understanding of what exactly is going on in a book. Writing a book, is an art form in itself, and art is all about expressing yourself fully. In that case, there is no point censoring art, because you aren't going to be expressing yourself fully, and the purpose is defeated.” - Vishal Muralidharan

U seem to have mashed up my response and his and labelled it "Vishal Muralidharan" o.O

Next.. Im the guildmaster of The HUMOR GUILD. People wishing to join The Romance Guild may PM Vishal.

It always happens, but I enjoyed the rest of the edition. The description for the Humor Guild was quite amazing...

Be sure to read HATE in Romance section Wink

Lebrenth
Honored Citizen

Topics: 43

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikas Muralidharan wrote:
U seem to have mashed up my response and his and labelled it "Vishal Muralidharan

It sounds like you have trouble that is familiar to me. Me and my brother's name get mixed up a lot, though they aren't quite so closely spelled. Sometimes people attribute things to him that I did or vice versa... but a mashup? Very rare. I'm sure Pope will be happy to fix it though!

By the way, Happy IF day! It's crazy how time flies and next thing you know, the new guys are veterans.

Welcome To Purgatory - current storygame
Please visit my Library of completed works.
Vikas Muralidharan
Respected Citizen

Topics: 30

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Lebby...

Im pretty sure Pope worked hard on this. I don't think he meant it, but ah, well, people make mistakes. Quite frankly, I won't be able to make issues that are HALF as good as his. And, Lol, HATE in the crossword. I can't find my own story.. dammit!

IKR?! Time flies. Need to be more active here though.

Be sure to read HATE in Romance section Wink

Vishal Muralidharan
Respected Citizen

Topics: 24

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic issue, Pope! Despite what Vikas mentioned (though I'd like that solved too), this was terrific! I really liked how it was written and editied.

BTW, Tbird, we seem to have A LOT of inactive citizens. I just noticed the IF day list, and I don't know more than half of them. Shouldn't we be cleaning up?!

The eyes are useless if the mind is blind.
Amichan
Treasurer

Topics: 18
Location: RL:Roseboro, NC./ IF: Retuning from a long journey in the land of OFF

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sadly i was not available for this months issue its called working excessive hours at work
Thunderbird
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
BTW, Tbird, we seem to have A LOT of inactive citizens. I just noticed the IF day list, and I don't know more than half of them. Shouldn't we be cleaning up?!

We used to do a lot of 'cleaning' raids but our methods ended up removing a great many who still wanted to be here. Its often difficult to tell the two apart and some are here just for Odd... At some point we'll find cause to see it as a problem enough to go through it but it really isn't absolutely necessary until it becomes overwhelming.

What do you get when you have three lawyers in one room?
A room with three lawyers in it.

Join the Humor Guild or die!

Zephyrrr! And...
PopeAlessandrosXVIII
Arts and Poetry Mod

Topics: 122

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:11 pm    Post subject: Sorry Reply with quote

Sorry 'bout that guys! I got it fixed I think. *Bows* Sorry again. Well, os no one going to try fot the wordfind this month?

To Be A Knight
And my first Finished work Death Day
Thunderbird
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll try to find time to come back and give the wordfind a go... its the least I can do to show some appreciation for your vast efforts here!

Zephyrrr! And...
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> IFquirer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: