Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
A Life Everlasting - Idea for a new RP

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> Role Player's Den -> Role Play Rules and Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Tikanni Corazon
Honored Citizen

Topics: 75
Location: Running through the plains of my mind, my wolf spirit at my side (but doing so in the UK!).

Items
Legends
Fables
918 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:07 pm    Post subject: A Life Everlasting - Idea for a new RP Reply with quote

Okay, this will (should I have any takers) be my first RP as a lone GM, so, though I'm pretty sure I can handle it, be patient with me should I mess up or something. Wink

I came up with the basic concept for this RolePlay this evening, and there's much to expand upon, but the general idea is there and should give you enough to decide if you're interested.

Just a few notes...

If you want a general idea of the setting, it's a historical, dark high-fantasy, it's origins very much based in the mythology of the far Eastern cultures. There are gods, spirits, creatures of fantasy, doors into other worlds, war, bloodshed, swords, sabres, bows and arrows, spears, etc. If there's any interest in this, I will, of course, embellish a lot further upon this, but again, the general premise is there, I think.

Once the RP gets going, I'll post up a list of rules.

If you're interested in playing, fill out the basic character template in the post following this one and send it to me via PM. I will then, at some point over the following 2-3 days, send you a more detailed version of your Clan's basic beliefs and teachings, and any characteristics that are important to them, and you can modify this into your existing character profile. Hope this sounds okay.

And then, once I have enough players, I will post up a much more detailed version of the setting, story, etc.

Sorry if any of this isn't the normal way of doing things, but, like I said, first time as a lone GM. So bear with me, please. I'll find my way around it, I'm sure. XD But, any questions, feel free to ask. Smile

Okay, so without further ado, I present A Life Everlasting.

Thanks for reading! Smile

Last edited by Tikanni Corazon on Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tikanni Corazon
Honored Citizen

Location: Running through the plains of my mind, my wolf spirit at my side (but doing so in the UK!).

Items
Legends
Fables
918 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Life Everlasting

~~~

It is 998 years into the Third Dynasty in the Realm of the Fallen Tiger. Since the birth of the land from the womb of the Mother Goddess, Shallaya, nearly three thousand years have passed. Many wars have begun and ended, both in the heavens and in the mortal lands. Throughout all, the great battle between the Realm of the Fallen Tiger and the Realm of the Victorious Dragon goes on, as it has done since the the beginning. Each kingdom is ruled by one of immortal blood. They remain forever young, and will never die, save by the blade of the Gods, of which one is held in the possession of the Priesthood of each Realm. Fallen Tiger is ruled over by the Emperor Shonari Turi, while Emperor Hanna Xi's almighty reign holds strong in the Victorious Dragon lands.

But now, at this point in time, victory in battle becomes all the more urgent and sought after. Once every thousand years, a winner is proclaimed, and the losing Emperor must sacrifice his life, making way for a new, stronger ruler. Over his 2998 years of life, Hanna Xi has never lost a battle, and has held rulership over the Dragonlands throughout. The Realm of the Fallen Tiger has lost two Emperor's already, and are well on the way to losing yet another. The might of the Dragonmen stands strong, and this holds much concern in the heart of Shonari Turi. Should his armies fail, his life will be forfit and one of the three apprentice Emperors will fight each other to take his place. And this is something that, naturally, Shonari Turi doesn't wish to happen.

A grand-high proclaimation has been sent out across the Realm of the Fallen Tiger. Should anyone, be it man or woman, rich or poor, find any way to aid in the decline of the Dragon army, they shall be granted the chance to drink of the Daught of the Immortal, and gain everlasting life. The word has spread like wildfire and the subjects of Shonari Turi make plans to gain the prize. Neighbour turning against neighbour. Friend against friend.

The three Clans of the Realm are in an uproar. The fiery hearts of the courage-filled and seemingly fearless Boar Clan burn ever stronger as they thirst to settle their lust to prove themselves the strongest and bravest of the Clans and against each other too. The sly-minded people of the Serpent Clan plot to use their talent in gaining information through the use of stealth and secrets to gain immortality. And the Wolf Clan, possessors of cunning and strength of mind and spirit, aim to use their wits to the same end. Though they as a majority, amongst the three, still retain the strong bonds with their fellow Clan-mates. But it's unknown how long such bonds will last when faced with such a situation...

For what prize could be more sweet than that of a life everlasting?

~~~
Basic Character Template

Name:

Sex:

Clan:

Basic Appearance
(hair colour/style, eye colour, anything else of significance; some things will be added when you come to receive a more detailed overview of your Clan's ways/history):

Basic Personality (some beliefs and values will come when you receive a more detailed overview of your Clan's ways/history):

Seraphi
General Fiction Mod

Topics: 2

Items
Legends
Fables
1827 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now, Tikanni, how did you know I have a weakness for Far Eastern myths/culture? Wink

This sounds like a great idea. I've never actually participated in an RP (outside of single-player video games anyway, haha) - I've always been too self-conscious - but I think this would be a great place to try my hand at it, if you don't mind me stumbling along until I get the gist that is.

Hopefully I'll have a character bio for you within the week (and it won't completely fail Confused )!
sagittaeri
Scifi/Experimental Mod

Topics: 16

Items
Legends
Fables
1341 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, I've never done an RP before. Like, ever. Maybe I should give it a try...
Andolyn
Mayor's Ambassador

Topics: 20
Location: sitting barefoot in a tree in the beautiful land of Ardara, writing my tales...

Items
Legends
Fables
1578 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mayoress is highly intrigued...I shall be submitting a character soon. Wink
Tikanni Corazon
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
918 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the interest all! Smile

Seraphi wrote:
This sounds like a great idea. I've never actually participated in an RP (outside of single-player video games anyway, haha) - I've always been too self-conscious - but I think this would be a great place to try my hand at it, if you don't mind me stumbling along until I get the gist that is.

Not at all, Seraphi! I actually only RPed for the first time about a year ago and felt exactly the same as you about it, very self conscious and imagining that I'd bungle the whole thing. But I didn't and now I do so regularly along with playing a live RP once a week too, which I enjoy immensely. And, as I said, this is my first time as a Game Master (...I always feel like a wizard or something when I say that...) too, so I'm quite happy to allow you to stumble along, as long as you agree to do the same for me. Wink

sagi wrote:
You know, I've never done an RP before. Like, ever. Maybe I should give it a try...

Same applies to you. Smile I'd be happy to have you aboard this little venture of mine, if you decide you'd like to give it a whirl.

Andi wrote:
The mayoress is highly intrigued...I shall be submitting a character soon. Wink

Yay! Lol! In fact, the 'yay' goes for all of you. I'm very happy to have you all considering my humble, little RP! Wink

Seraphi wrote:
Now, Tikanni, how did you know I have a weakness for Far Eastern myths/culture? Wink

Well, I'm just awesome, I guess. Wink *giggles* Actually, I'm very much interested in it myself (along with many others). But I was inspired by the general tone and idea behind a book that I'm reading atm. Smile

Okay, now, remember when you're writing your charries (if/when you choose to do so) when you do both the appearance and personality, there will be traits that will be symbolic to the clan that you're a part of, which I will relate to you once I've written them out in more detail. They won't be major though, just little things, such as certain beliefs and maybe a tattoo or something similar, that marks them as being of their clan. You don't need to let this hold you back though. Go ahead and create the charries and I'll PM the potential extra details, and you can intergrate them as you see fit, and even mold them to better fit the character that you've created. A basic idea of the general attitude of each clan is posted in the 'prologue' I've provided, which I'm sure you'll have already noticed. So there won't be anything in there that will do any damage to your character as you've created it, as long as you stick by those very basic guidelines. Wink

Thank you all again for the interest! Any questions, feel free to ask about it! Smile

Tikanni Corazon
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
918 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I want to get this started up within the next couple of weeks if possible, so anyone that's interested in playing, could you please get your character sheets in as soon as you can.

I'm currently in the process of finishing up the Clan info summaries (which I'm getting to one by one). These will be posted to each of the players who've already sent their charries to me, depending on their chosen clan. These summaries will contain any physical requirements (tattoos and such), and also the clan beliefs/religion and general way of thinking. None of these will be complicated or demanding though. It'll be very basic and affect your characters very little. Smile

I will then be working on the opening post, and my NPCs (of which there will be few, I hope). I will also put up a summary of the rules of the game, which again will be basic, though the quality of the writing in the posts will be a part of it. Each post will be required to be at least fifty words long, preferably longer though. And the quality is to be the same that you would use in one of your own stories. I want this game to be fun, but also to encourage proper creative writing as well. Don't let this sound daunting though, okay. I'm not going to be the GM from hell, and pick at your posts. As long as they're within the guidelines (word count+doing your best) I'm happy. Smile

Here's looking forward to the game!

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> Role Play Rules and Requests All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: