Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
A Life Everlasting RP
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> Role Player's Den -> Group Role Plays
View previous topic :: View next topic  

sagittaeri
Scifi/Experimental Mod

Topics: 16

Items
Legends
Fables
1341 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Max silently followed the nameless girl as she headed towards her home, the apparently fabled Southern lands. He was still unsure if he made the right decision. Gently, he swung his rucksack forward and he peeked into it. He smiled. Was it snoring?

After walking out of the large gate, the boy glanced back at the market, briefly wondering if he'd return someday. That was when he noticed the golden-armoured guards. He groaned. Not this again! The guards weren't the only ones following them, too, he thought wearily as his eyes fell upon the shirtless Serpent and Wolf.

Turning his head back forward, he picked up his pace to close the gap between himself and the girl. "Don't look, but the guards are coming. Should we start running?"

Tikanni Corazon
Honored Citizen

Topics: 75
Location: Running through the plains of my mind, my wolf spirit at my side (but doing so in the UK!).

Items
Legends
Fables
918 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

POST FOR LUCAN

Lucan eyes the Guards closing in, turning his head this way and that in order to get a better idea as to the situation he now finds himself in. He spies a small gap in the incoming ranks, but decides that running will likely do little good. Fighting back on the other hand...

A wry smile appears on his face, as his hands travel to grasp his bow and an arrow. Quick as a striking serpent, the arrow is knocked into place and the bow string drawn back, ready to release the spear-headed shaft into one of the Guards should they make any sudden moves. The men themselves look wary at the sight of the arrow, but still they keep coming, confident in strength in numbers.

An idea hits Lucan suddenly, and without warning to his oncoming enemies he turns the arrow upon Rau Kuiku and releases...

Tikanni Corazon
Honored Citizen

Location: Running through the plains of my mind, my wolf spirit at my side (but doing so in the UK!).

Items
Legends
Fables
918 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

POST FOR ELMAN

As Symar and myself follow the girl and boy, I'm only too aware of the Guards behind us. A glance backwards tells me instantly that my companion and I have been overlooked, and the gold-clad soldiers are targeting the youngsters. After a suspicious glance in my direction, the girl that we'd all banded together to rescue seemed to be stubbornly ignoring my indication to head towards the southlands, and instead appeared to be willingly handing herself over to her incoming captors!

With a puzzled shake of my head, I turn my attention back towards the Guards giving chase the the boy and girl ahead of Symar and I. I look sideways at Symar and give a nod. His reaction, to my amusement, is a roll of the eyes, as if he'd been expecting me to be reckless all along. I indicate that he follow the boy and girl still, just in case they need a little extra protection, before I myself turn and head towards the Guards.

"My apologies, good sirs," I exclaim allowed, blocking the path of the nearest man. "I can see that you're all terribly busy, but I don't suppose you could let me in on what appears to be going on here?"

I smile at him cheerily, waiting to see how he'll react.

Lilith
Honored Citizen

Topics: 82

Items
Legends
Fables
25 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Annalise didn’t notice the Guards who were eyeing her but thankfully she passed without incident, allowing her to listen to Rau Kuiku’s further commands. She knew the Guards were pursuing the three that had ducked out of the Southern Gate and she knew she was running her luck’s limit by trying to follow them. They’ll think I’m with them, for sure if I duck out of the gate as well, but… I need to know if they are attempting to meet the Emperor’s directives for immortality… if they are… it could be troublesome. With that thought ringing through her mind, Annalise skidded to a halt just inside the Gates.

She glanced back in the direction of the Guards, her eyes widening when she saw a man raise his bow, knock an arrow and release it in Rau Kuiku’s direction. Her gasp was more than likely inaudible in the sudden shout from another man who apologized to the Guards and tried to block their passage toward the Gates. In disbelief, Annalise tore her eyes away from the indescribable and confusing situation and reached out to push the Gates open just enough to slip through after the girl and the boy that had left not too long ago.

If I go after them, I will probably have to eliminate them eventually. The truth of it struck Anna suddenly, making her gut clench in apprehension and unease at first before it slid slowly away to acceptance. “Then so be it.” She muttered under her breath to herself, before darting quickly through the Gates, sending a silent prayer to the spirit world that she be spared the responsibility of ending the youngers’ lives.

© 2007-2019 Lilith
Tikanni Corazon
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
918 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Though his eyes shift around, watching all in the vicinity, a majority of Rau Kuiku's gaze is focused upon the youngsters exiting the gate. The Boar girl appeared to be suitably surrounded by guards, as did the Serpent who'd dared to address he and his Guards so casually. But the others... He watched as they exited the market and seemed to continue south. A feeling of desperation hit him, as he instinctively knew they were heading for the forests of the a-cursed Southlands. Once they were in there, it would prove very difficult to locate them again, and there would be huge cost behind hiring trackers and hunters to enter after them.

“GET AFTER THEM!” he roared at the Guards, pointing towards the small group, which now appeared to consist of two others, with a third close behind. “I WANT THEM ALIVE!”

“Bring the other two!” he said, pointing to the Boar girl, then turning towards the Serpent male, only to find an arrow aimed in his direction. Rau Kuiku let out a screech and attempted to fling himself out of the arrow's range...

~~~

At Rau Kuiku's bellowed orders, the Guards start to close in around Sumei faster, not bothering to answer her question.

“You have no right to question Rau Kuiku,” the lead Guard states in a deep, grating voice. “You will come with us, and Rau Kuiku will do what he wishes with you. It's not for you or I to question.”

The gap in the ranks grows narrower and narrower, the chance to escape dwindling along with it. Once enclosed by the eight Guards surrounding her, it's obvious that it's going to be near impossible to escape.

Suddenly, a screech of fear from the direction of their master causes the Guards attention to be momentarily diverted. If there's a chance of escape, now is the best possible time...

~~~

At Max's words, the girl looked back over her shoulder, frowning at the incoming Guards, her gaze flickering over the Serpent and Wolf following her as well...and further behind again, a woman. She's older and clearly a Wolf, though it's uncertain as to whether she's following them or merely exiting the Market.

“Gods, what have I gotten myself into today?!” she exclaims softly. “If I'd just listened to sense and made Shasta remain behind, all of this could have been prevented. But no...and now I've got Guards on my tail, and apparently a following of strangers.”

A small grimace passes over her face, indicating how uncomfortable the idea makes her. Though it is gone quickly, almost as if it wasn't ever there. She turns to Max.

“Yes, we'll run,” she replies, noting the Serpent suddenly placing himself between them and the fast approaching Guards.

She gives a short tug on Max's shirt, indicating the direction in which they're headed. With that, she turns tail and darts off, reaching the border of the Southern forests quickly, and weaving through the trees. Within seconds, she's disappeared, melting into the brown and green like a ghost. There is a strange feeling of foreboding about the place...

~~~

The arrow is loosed and speeds towards it's target, who lets out a satisfying scream of terror and attempts to move out of the way of it's path. His efforts are to no avail though, and the arrow hits the upper part of his pectoral with a soft thunk. Rau Kuiku falls to the ground, his breath coming in short, panicked gasps. Blood expands from the wound, saturating his robes. In the middle of all the hubbub, Fallow has disappeared.

Some of the Guards surrounding Lucan run to the aid of their Master, while others lunge viciously at him with spears, attempting to down him. He evades all, by some miracle, and with the lack of Guards surrounding him, there's plenty of opportunities to chance escape...

~~~

The Guards looks incredulously at Elman, the leader attempting to knock him to one side, though he's unsuccessful. His gaze looks past Elman to the girl and boy, and his eyes fill with fury as he sees the former disappearing past the Southern border.

“Get out of my way, you fool!” he growls, determined that he will not lose both of them. He gives Elman a rough shove, followed with the drawing of his sword, which he brandishes threateningly at the Serpent man...

~~~

A nearby confrontation between the Guards and the tall, male Serpent holds the attention of the former well enough to allow Annalise to pass by without incident. The treeline is ahead as she passes out of the gate, the a-cursed Southernlands mere feet away. They seem to radiate foreboding and warning, and it's very easy to believe in the dark tales told about past events that took place within.

The treeline is thick, the rough trunks situated close together, almost like a wall. It's not possible to determine what lies beyond them by either sight or sound, as the place is also unnervingly silent. The girl from before disappears inside at a run and without hesitation, the boy looking to follow...

~~~

Rau Kuiku writhes upon the ground, a gurgling scream escaping his lips as one of the Guards attempts to pull the arrow out of his chest. He connects a fist with the Guard's cheekbone, causing the man draw back.

“Just get me to my physician!” he demands of two of the others, coughing up a light spray of blood, which spatters the skin around his mouth. “And as for the rest of you...I want those youngsters! Bring them to me, along with the Boar girl and that SERPENT! I want him ALIVE!”

The directed Guards do as they're been told and gingerly help Rau Kuiku to his feet supporting him, as he hisses in agony. The others head off to carry out their orders...

~~~

Seraphi
General Fiction Mod

Topics: 2

Items
Legends
Fables
1827 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sumei barely registers that one of the guards is speaking to her, and only briefly notices that the group around her is closing in. She eyes the tall Serpent with the bow, transfixed as the arrow the man has strung is released, flying towards Rau Kuiku’s heart. A small grin lights her face as the arrow pierces his chest and he screams as he wilts to the ground, his blood dying his purple robe black.

Taking advantage of the guards concern for their suddenly injured commander, Sumei ducks low and slides her way through the narrow gap left between two of the men in armor. As soon as she is free of the circle, she sprints towards the Southern Gate, taking care to dodge any other guards on her way. She chances a look back and is delighted by the sight of blood trickling from the side of Rau Kuiku’s mouth as he shouts.

It seems he’s out for everyone now She glances at the other people from before, noticing that the girl is making her way into the depths of the forest of the Southlands. She frowns as the stories of the curse of the South creep into her mind. Will it be dangerous? Maybe. Is it a chance to escape the guards? Most definitely.

Picking up her pace, Sumei rushes through the gate and vaults a nearby bush, entering the forest herself.

Besides, if someone as weak as her can go in, so can I
sagittaeri
Scifi/Experimental Mod

Items
Legends
Fables
1341 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turning towards the noisy commotion behind them, Max realised the situation had somehow escalated a hundred fold within the span of moments. An arrow was embedded inside an important-looking man...the same man who was shouting authoritatively at the guards, sending them out to capture all of them, including him. The market authorities can really hold a grudge!

That was when he noticed a slender woman with a streak of purple hair behind them, almost as if following them. Darting out of the gate was the small axe-woman from earlier, also heading in the same direction. Max chuckled to himself. The girl from the South was not going to like this!

Picking up his speed, he stayed close to her as they disappeared into the forest.

Last edited by sagittaeri on Sat May 11, 2013 6:10 am; edited 5 times in total
misterbiz
Horror Mod

Topics: 50

Items
Legends
Fables
2895 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucan smiled wide as he dodged the guards attacks. Seeing the chance of escape he gave them a quick bow. "Ta-ta, gents....Love to stay and chat but seeing as how pain is probably in my future, I gotta run."

He blew them a kiss and looked toward the South Gate where others were attempting escape as well. Instead of following though, he took off toward the North. He was not leaving without Sarpe.

PopeAlessandrosXVIII
Arts and Poetry Mod

Topics: 122

Items
Legends
Fables
7870 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 6:07 am    Post subject: Post 14 Reply with quote

Recovering from the shove I straiten up and carefully bring my hands up to show that I'm not going to retaliate. I make note of a wolf girl heading out of the gate before looking back to the guards before me. “My good sirs, I did not mean to cause you trouble, there is no need for you to draw against me.” My eyes track the girl that had been captured by the necromancer as she darts by. With a smile I note the other two I'd sent Symar with vanishing into the forest, Symar following carefully behind. 'He'll leave me a trail to follow should they get too far in for me to track normally' I muse before returning my eyes forward. The guard seems ready to strike me down. I spread my arms apart and adopt a generous smile. “Now now, please, I'm just trying to aid you. The forest has grown quite dangerous as of late. Even those walking along the boarders have been vanishing. I even hear some have turned up dead. You would not believe the bodies I have seen turning up, expelled from the forest like a hairball from a sick cat. Most horrible.”

I see some of the guards looking back and forth between one another, looks of great unease blossoming on their faces, some even hinting at fear. “We have all heard of what happens to those entering the southern lands. Those children will most assuredly not survive the night. You leader may not be a kind man, but no man could ever blame you for not risking your own lives. And for what? To retrieve the corpses of a few rabble rousers? Besides, the one you really want, the one who tired to kill Rau Kuiku, is in a much safer direction. “My eyes glide over the retreating back of the Serpent from before. “Indeed, the would be murderer escapes even now, to the west!” I point sharply to my left, and almost as if snapping to attention before their commander, they all turn and begin racing into the west market. I chuckle lightly. “Like dogs after an invisible stick.”

Turning back to the north I carefully make my way through the remaining guards, none seem to pay me any mind. They seem confused for the most part, others seem quite angry. Making sure not to draw any attention to myself I begin scanning for the Serpent. 'I don't recall seeing his companion during the battle. I bet he's looking for the little one.' With a smile I spot him a little ways off. Placing myself between him and the guards behind me I make my way to him. Careful to stay a few paces back least he think me a foe I call out. “The others have all gotten away. I saw you heading away from freedom, your serpent I suppose? I can aid you if you like. Four eyes are better than two I would say.” My voice drops a little but remains audible, “And after all, how can I not lend aid to one who not only helped keep my head on my shoulders, but who gave me a fair bit of amusement while doing so?” I let out a small laugh as I recall the man's extravagant insults he'd thrown during the battle with the necromancer.

To Be A Knight
And my first Finished work Death Day
Lilith
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
25 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Annalise's heart rose to her throat when she heard Rau Kuiku's scream rent the air, telling of the arrow hitting its mark. She turned once, her eyes wide in surprise, eyeing the path back from the treeline to the Gates of Greenvale... but she pushed any thoughts of returning from her mind, and missed which direction the girl and boy from earlier took off in. Now she was facing the infamous and oppressive forest alone... and all of the stories she'd been told as a child began to come back to haunt her memory.

She reached forward to touch the bark of the tree nearest her, but her shaking hand soon retracted back to her chest and made Annalise realize she couldn't go into this forest in particular. Turning back to look at the Gates once more, the Wolf woman felt an unnatural chill shiver down her spine as the feeling of the place unnerved her further, making her step away from the tree line.

Anna, you need to get a grip and get moving. Climb the trees if you must but the guards saw that girl and boy come out here, and very well may come after them. Move... move... MOVE!

© 2007-2019 Lilith
Tikanni Corazon
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
918 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rau Kuiku's orders are obeyed and he's gently lifted and carried off to his physician, though much cursing and exclamations of displeasure are uttered from his lips. The remain Guards head out to gather up the potential prisoners...

~~~

As soon as Sumei enters the cursed forests of the South, she finds herself in near pitch blackness. The trees here are growing thickly and close together, in a manner that would seem a little unnatural. The spaces between them are narrow and difficult to navigate oneself through. A few scattered and dim shafts of light break through the canopy overhead, where the branches and foliage are thick and dense.

The area is unnervingly silent in stark contrast with the previous birdsong and the wind rustling through the leaves that one could hear outside the forest, and the very aura is enough to make the hairs on one's arms stand on end. Every now and then, a small, brief rustling does occur, but not in the manner of a breeze passing through...more in the form of something moving within the dense shadows.

The path behind remains open for now, making it easy enough for one to leave. The path deeper inside the forest is hard to make out for the most part, but it does look as though one could make their way through, further into the dark uncertainty that lurks beyond...

~~~

Darkness envelopes Max as he leaves behind the world beyond the Southern forest, and he finds himself surrounded by thickly growing trees and an unnerving aura. He manages to keep pace with the girl, who's silhouette can just about be made out, her presence also giving off a strange aura that had gone previously unnnoticed by himself. She reaches back and takes her hand in his, keeping a hold of him as she moves forward, leading him further into her domain. The manner in which she does so tells that she's at least slightly irked by the whole situation.

"What were you laughing about back there?" her voice questions quietly. Suddenly, her visage comes into view, as a patch of daylight marks the path ahead of them. She leads Max straight for it, and soon they're bathed in light once again. Before Max is a large clearing. It's completely surrounded by trees showing nothing beyond but darkness much like that in which they'd been previously enclosed. The clearing itself is entirely made up of long grass, which reaches up just past the girl's waist. It's a beautiful, healthy green in colour, though the wind blowing through it causes it to look almost silvery as it moves in a wave-like manner. Here and there dotted amongst it are stems of purple flowers, star-shapped and all tiny and clustered together. Contrasting with the unnerving atmosphere and darkness of the trees, this place feels safe and peaceful.

The girl drops his hand, just as a loud growl erupts from his right...

~~~

Almost as if she'd been waiting for Lucan to finish his 'business', Sarpe slithers from beneath a nearby stall within the Leopard market still, but close to the centre of Greenvale. The vendor of the stall is missing, likely one of those huddled watching the antics in the Southern market. The large snake slides along the ground towards her master, coming to a halt at his feet, winding herself delicately around his right ankle. Her eyes latch onto the other Serpent, and though her face gives off no expression, she's clearly wary of him.

A quick scan of the area will tell any that the Guards are clearly occupied elsewhere, and neither of the Serpent men have been followed. There are several small crowds scattered around though, all frantically gossiping. A select few bystanders turn narrowed eyes upon Lucan and Elman, so it can be assumed that some have observed that at least one of the two are recognised as the 'troublemakers' who have caused such a stir.

From back South, the kerfuffle continues, making it obvious that the Guards and their master remain back there for now, so only the most stealthy or reckless of people would be willing to venture there again. The market is thick with stalls, so there are plenty of places to lay low should one wish to wait for things to blow over. But then, one can also leave via one of the other gates...

~~~

Almost as if she'd been waiting for Lucan to finish his 'business', Sarpe slithers from beneath a nearby stall within the Leopard market still, but close to the centre of Greenvale. The vendor of the stall is missing, likely one of those huddled watching the antics in the Southern market. The large snake slides along the ground towards her master, coming to a halt at his feet, winding herself delicately around his right ankle. Her eyes latch onto the other Serpent, and though her face gives off no expression, she's clearly wary of him.

A quick scan of the area will tell any that the Guards are clearly occupied elsewhere, and neither of the Serpent men have been followed. There are several small crowds scattered around though, all frantically gossiping. A select few bystanders turn narrowed eyes upon Lucan and Elman, so it can be assumed that some have observed that at least one of the two are recognised as the 'troublemakers' who have caused such a stir.

From back South, the kerfuffle continues, making it obvious that the Guards and their master remain back there for now, so only the most stealthy or reckless of people would be willing to venture there again. The market is thick with stalls, so there are plenty of places to lay low should one wish to wait for things to blow over. But then, one can also leave via one of the other gates...

~~~

The Guards, after the shock of Rau Kuiku being attacked, have started to come to their senses, and are quickly branching out across the Leopard Market, a majority of their number heading directly South towards the escapees. A cry of dismay can be heard from several as the young boy and girl disappear into the trees, then the boar girl also. Yet they still keep coming...

The forest continues to give off an aura that only the most pig-headed of people wouldn't at least be slightly detered by. And yet, other than to make a run for it along the road towards either the Boar or Serpent lands, it's the only path open. The sheer number and clear annoyance on the faces of the golden-clad Guards closing the gap between themselves and Annalise show that the path behind is closed, unless one wishes to end up dead or imprisoned...

~~~

No dice rolls were made for this GM post, other than one for Sagi which I have PMed the details of to him. This is due to a combination of me not having the time, and also the fact that I smacked my head against a rather large, overhanging tree branch whilst walking my dog (sun in my eyes, gah!), which hurts rather a lot and hasn't really put me in the mood for writing or rolling. But I managed to get the former done, and I'm now off the put an ice pack on my forehead, and reclean the cut made.

Biz and Pope have the same post, as I'm sure you've noticed. If anyone wants any specific dice rolls for their post, let me know, though please don't make them extensive at this moment in time, lol!

Seraphi
General Fiction Mod

Items
Legends
Fables
1827 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even after entering the forest Sumei continues to run, darting between closely growing trees and around thorned bushes that appear like specters in the unexpected darkness. Despite her nimble movements she still receives a few scratches before coming to a halt to catch her breath.

Unsettling is the first word that comes to her mind as she scrutinizes her surroundings. The blackness is not so bad once her eyes adjust, and she notices that in many places small shafts of light that have managed to pass through the thick canopy above bathe the forest floor. What really sets her on edge is the overwhelming lack of sound.

But wait! Her head turns swiftly to the left as a sudden rustling reaches her. She narrows her eyes and strains her ears, waiting. The noise comes again, but this time from her right. And much closer. With gritted teeth she fights the shiver that threatens to run up her spine.

She glances behind her. The pathway out of the forest is still visible, but turning back would only have her caught by Rau Kuiku’s guards. She closes her eyes and furrows her eyebrows in thought, breathing deeply and running her hand along the bark of a tree next to her. The familiarity of the rough surface against her palm in a place so strange comforts her and gives her courage

Sumei begins moving forward again, this time at a slower, more cautious pace, determination in her step. She does not travel far before she spots a tree with a low hanging branch that, should she jump, she would be able to reach. She kicks herself into a quick jog and vaults herself off of the ground, clutching the branch firmly as she grabs it with her hands.

She dangles there for a moment, swinging back and forth until she is satisfied that the branch will hold her weight without breaking, and, with a light grunt, hoists herself up into the tree. She climbs higher until she finds a sturdy branch about halfway up where she sits, peering around the forest from her new vantage point. As a second thought she removes one of the axes from the holster at hips and starts spinning it in her hand, keeping a wary eye out for anyone. Or anything.
sagittaeri
Scifi/Experimental Mod

Items
Legends
Fables
1341 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Upon entering the dark forest, memories of the night Max left his village bubbled towards the surface. He had no plans, no idea where he was going. Without realising it, he stumbled back into the forest...the exact spot where Yolene was killed. Where he got her killed.

He stood on that spot until the sun fell below the horizon. It was then he heard the pitiful squeals of the boar piglet. Its tiny leg was still trapped.

When Max freed it, it tried to scramble away, but its leg was torn open. For days, the boar piglet wanted nothing more but to get away from the boy. However, he wouldn't let it. It had no one left to protect it, anymore. Its mother's murderer was all it had left.

"What were you laughing about back there?" the girl-from-the-south asked him silently, snapping him back into the present.

There was an aura about her. Strange and subtle. It was still dark around them, save for the occasional patches of sunlight through the leaves and branches. Before he knew it, he was led into a large well-lit clearing with waist-high grass.

A breath involuntarily escaped Max's lungs.

The gentle waving of the green blades. The clusters of tiny purple flowers. The ray of golden sunlight. It was peaceful.

Unfortunately, it was only for an instant.

Something growled loudly suddenly, causing Max to spin towards his right. Scanning wildly across the grass field, he noticed that something large was flattening the grass. It continued to growl and appeared to be 'stalking' closer!

Quickly, he drew his dagger. "Is that Shasta?" the boy whispered tensely at the girl, unsure if he should attack.

Tikanni Corazon
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
918 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LIVE SESSION FOR LUCAN AND ELMAN (JOINT POST FOR BIZ AND POPE)

The gossiping groups of bystanders remain, all seemingly too occupied in their chitter-chatter to take any notice of the two Serpents. Those who's narrowed eyes are directed towards their presence quickly lose interest, their attention drawn more to the hubbub from the South.
Though it might be possible to blend in with the crowds and move South at the same time, given the amount of fuss coming from the area, one cannot do anything but sense it would be a bad idea.
All eyes are seemingly focused in that direction, leaving the paths through the other areas of the market a little more open and less prone to notice.

Lucan: Lucan starts to turn but it stopped as he feels Sarpe wrap around his ankle. He looks down at her before turning and following her gaze to the stranger nearby. "No need, it appears as if my Pretty One has found her way back to me." He stared at the fellow Serpent with an emotionless face. "and she...is feeling a bit nervous about your presence....so, if I may ask, what brought you into the battle with the magician."

Elman: Elman takes half a step back to give the snake some room. His face settles into a calm grin. "Well, It's a funny little tale actually that involves a beast, a kid, a rock, and some random happenings. But in the end I would say I couldn't stand the thought of that poor girl having to be subjected to the things I know go on in that wagon. Or, use to I should say." Motioning slightly towards Sarpe he murmurs, "She's beautiful by the way." Looking around Elman takes a quick survey of the area. "I would suggest we leave the immediate area though my friend. Though I managed to divert them, I don't believe we'll be overlooked forever. Someone is bound to recall our involvement sooner or later." He turns back to the other Serpent, smile still in place.

The survey of the area proves useful. From the south market, the commotion, or at least part of it, appears to be drawing closer, given the sound of voices coming closer. A man calling for the bystanders to make way for Rau Kuiku makes it obvious that the powerful but wounded council man is being brought into the vicinity.
The forefront of the crowd can just be seen giving way. Time is of the essence...

Elman: Motioning to the south Elman says. "Looks like we've got some uninvited company headed this way. Care to join me in a quick getaway?" Careful not to get too close to the other serpent Elman walks swiftly but casually past him, pointing out a break in the crowd the two of them could slip through, and hopefully, out of sight.

Lucan: Lucan nodded and without saying a word, moved past him and toward the break in the crowd. Sarpe slithered up him as he moved, settling on wrapping herself around his chest and resting her head on his shoulder to watch the stranger.

Elman: Elman walks swiftly behind the other man, giving the snake a little wave. The path through the boar market weaves this way and that. Passing too close to a fish stall makes Elman gag slightly, but he fights through it. He keeps an ear out for pursuers, glancing back wards when he can do so without looking suspicious.

The duo aren't being followed, and ahead of them the market is far from quiet but not as busy as it was earlier in the day, when it was a bustling hive of movement and sound. The vendors all remain at their stalls, some of them shooting suspicious glances at the passing Serpents, though only due to the fact that they are Serpents. The path ahead though remains clear, the gates being visible in the distance.

Lucan: Lucan smirks and continues forward, heading out of the gate, moving cautiously the crowd, doing his best not to make physical contact with anyone. Sarpe slowly moves again and wraps herself around his arm.

Elman: Letting out a little sigh at the lack of pursuit Elman follows the other serpent out of the market. Pulling even with him but still giving the girl on his arm space, he turns sideways a little so that he's looking at the man. "That was some excellent marksmanship in that fight. And quite amusing." He looks the man up and down, analyzing him. "You seem the type of guy who likes to work alone, but. . . ." His voice drops as his gaze turns southward. "Something seems to be happening here. I'm not sure what it is, but you seem like a good guy to bring along." He looks back to the man. Holding out a hand he says, "Oh, and the name's Elman by the way. Might as well introduce myself with all this talking your ear off I'm doing." He chuckles.

Lucan: Lucan stares down at the hand but does not shake it. "Name's Lucan," he said. "And you are right that I like to work alone. I've been in self-imposed exile for years. Its just been me and the Pretty One here. Oh, her name is Sarpe by the way and don't worry, she'll only bite you if I say so...or you attack me."

Elman: Taking the hint Elman drops hi hand. "Self-imposed huh? Well, I may not have done it to myself, but I too have left the tribe." He shrugs slightly. "Right now my best friend is a Wolf Clan who, for some reason I can't fathom, thinks travelling with me is entertaining." He looks at the snake. "Sarpe is quite lovely, and you two must be good friends for her to trust you like that."

Lucan: "Saved her from a leather maker. He had caught her and was hauling her off. I put an arrow in his eye and let her loose, she followed me and we've been inseparable. I think its because like her I am solitary." He stared into the other Serpent's eyes. "I left because I found the rest of the clan rather insipid...How'd you end up with a Wolf?"

Elman: He chuckles. "Well, I was, a bit out of it for a while after leaving. Ended up on Wolf lands. The kid spotted me. Ready to take my head off and everything. But for some reason the little brat ran home, packed a bag, and lead me out of Wolf lands. Since then he's been following me around. Can't complain though. He's one hell of a cook!" He looks off towards the south again. He's trailing the kids now. He's not the sharpest tool on the rack, but he takes orders well."

The two Serpents reach the Eastern Gate. Beyond the path is scattered with a few shoppers heading home early, before the majority of the crowd decide to depart. Towards the south, the road is empty though, all shoppers heading north towards the path through the Boar lands, or upwards towards the Wolf Clanlands.

Lilith
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
25 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sound of multiple sets of feet hitting the ground rang in Anna's ears as she grabbed the lowest branch of the nearest tree. She turned again and looked behind her to see the guards one last time... before her training took over and she began to scramble up to the highest reaches of the tree. Her gut still roiled in discomfort as she grabbed the branches of the next closest tree, letting her body’s momentum and body-memory guide her through. She kept her eyes peeled for any pursuers all while she listened for telltale sounds of where the girl had let that younger boy, because she knew those were the ones that had started the guards in this direction. If she caught up to them, maybe she could find out just what in the hell happened in the market place to cause such a scuff-up. She supposed the others that had been trying to escape were lost... but if not, maybe they would bump into one another later.

As the sounds of the guards died away with Annalise’s trek further into the forest, she carefully started to work her way downwards to the forest floor, her heart thumping in her chest at the thought of being in completely unfamiliar territory.

© 2007-2019 Lilith
Tikanni Corazon
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
918 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rustling below Sumei's tree continues for a moment, drawing steadily nearer. Then it suddenly stops, seemingly in very close proximity to the base her hiding place. The darkness makes it very difficult to to see anything besides that which is right in front of one's face, but amongst the roots of the tree can be seen a shape. Not overly big (though not small either) the shadowy being looks to be either a creature that walks upon all fours, or one that is crouched down close to the ground, with a fairly long body and a small compact head, though all colouring and distinguishing features are fully hidden by it's environment.

It stands perfectly still...then suddenly it leaps! Powerful hind legs vault it upwards into the lower branches of the tree with lightning speed, before it pounces again, sharp, strong claws gripping the bark. Flashes of a strange mixture of scaled skin and fur come into view as it moves it's muscular body and long tail, coloured in a merging of brown and dull green, and a pair of narrowed, deep-green eyes lock onto it's prey.

It's movements rapid and perfectly executed, it hurtles towards Sumei with a yowl and slashes at her violently with one six-clawed paw, catching her across her left shoulder and breast-bone. The attack leaves a six-tracked gouge which starts to trickle blood instantly, before the creature vanishes into the branches above...

~~~

The shape in the grass continues to rapidly draw closer to Max, the grass beneath it flattening in it's wake. The girl runs forward, placing herself between Max and the incoming invisible being, her arms motioning for it to stop.

"Shasta, stop," she says gently, answering Max's question with her words, though they're not directed at him personally. "It's all fine...he's..." She looks back at Max, her expression doubtful for a moment as she looks him up and down. She notices the dagger in his hand and snatches it from him, with a disgusted shake of her head, before turning back to the giant winged cat, which suddenly splutters into growling visibility. "...He's a friend..." she finishes, and reaches back to pat Max awkwardly on the shoulder.

Shasta, who'd been previously crouched in a ready-to-attack stance, stood up straight on his four-legs. His head held proudly high, eyes fixed upon Max, he side-steps the girl and approaches Max anyway. The girl does nothing to stop him, as the winged cat walks right up to Max, his glaring eyes looking directly into the boy's. There is a low rumbling in Shasta's throat, as he continues to growl warningly...

~~~

The two Serpents reach the Eastern Gate. Beyond the path is scattered with a few shoppers heading home early, before the majority of the crowd decide to depart. Towards the south, the road is empty though, all shoppers heading north towards the path through the Boar lands, or upwards towards the Wolf Clanlands.

There doesn't appear to be any sign of them being followed by anyone, including the golden-armoured guards, though the kerfuffle can still be heard from the town centre even from this distance.

On the road to the South, a lone figure appears walking towards the pair, heading for the North. The sex of the individual cannot be determined due to a full-length hooded robe, though they're tall and of very slim build. They seem to pose no threat and aren't making any effort to bar the way to the South. To all onlookers, he/she is nothing more than a weary traveller heading home. But one can never be too wary where the South is concerned...

~~~

There doesn't appear to be any sign of them being followed by anyone, including the golden-armoured guards, though the kerfuffle can still be heard from the town centre even from this distance.

On the road to the South, a lone figure appears walking towards the pair, heading for the North. The sex of the individual cannot be determined due to a full-length hooded robe, though they're tall and of very slim build. They seem to pose no threat and aren't making any effort to bar the way to the South. To all onlookers, he/she is nothing more than a weary traveller heading home. But one can never be too wary where the South is concerned...

~~~

Annalise's scan of the surrounding forest for the boy and girl proves to be fruitless, and there's no sound to direct her to their whereabouts. As she makes her way down through the branches of the tree towards the ground, a loud, yowling roar reaches her ears from somewhere close by and at around her level.

A couple of trees away, there is the figure of a person sitting in the branches, and just above her, a long, sinuous shape disappears from view into the leafy canopy above. Though the sighting of the latter is brief, the shape is similar to that of a cat, but with a longer body and shorter legs...

~~~

PLEASE BE SURE TO READ THE DICE ROLLS POST BEFORE POSTING A RESPONSE! THANKS!

Seraphi
General Fiction Mod

Items
Legends
Fables
1827 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sumei stops twirling the axe in her hand as she hears the rustling again and looks down. She takes the other axe from its holster and squints into the darkness at the brush at the base of the tree. The rustling has stopped but she can make out something hiding within it.

Long torso… she notes, twisting her head side to side to try to get a better view of the shadowed shape below, but aside from its vague outline she sees nothing, let alone what type of creature it is.

Hopefully something that can’t climb.

No sooner has the thought entered her mind than the creature lunges upwards. Sumei barely registers the features of the revealed creature – a mottled hide of scaled skin and fur in green and brown, green eyes, and sharp claws – before it pushes off of the branch below and hurtles towards her. Shifting to the side Sumei just escapes having her throat torn apart. Instead the creature’s claws leave gouges across the left side of her chest and her shoulder.

Gasping from the sudden blow, Sumei rolls off of the branch she is perched in landing safely, if not a little clumsily, on a different branch below. She grips her shoulder and surveys her wounds. The gashes left by the creature are not as deep as she thought, and the stinging pain she first felt already subsided to a dull throb, but the blood...

Sumei presses her hand more firmly against the scratches, but it does nothing to stop the steady flow of red.

Not normal. There shouldn’t be this much.

She leaps the short distance down to the ground, and backs cautiously away from the tree, eyes locked on the canopy. The air is still, but she can feel the creature watching her. She could run, but it would be pointless – the creature was quick and would catch her in no time. But to just wait until she bled out? Sumei liked that option even less.

“Well, come on then! Haven’t got all day!” she shouts. Gripping her weapons tightly, she tenses her body ready to attack or counter.
sagittaeri
Scifi/Experimental Mod

Items
Legends
Fables
1341 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The corner of Max's mouth curled up a little in amusement at the girl's awkward declaration. It was as if the word 'friend' had never before passed her lips. When the winged creature materialised before the young boy, he smiled sheepishly at it, embarassed about brandishing his dagger at it. It really was its own fault, though, stalking around invisibly and growling like a dangerous predator. He briefly wondered how Shasta would feel about wearing a small bell around its neck.

As the creature approached Max, the young boy swallowed and fought back the urge to step backwards. Was the creature ever friendly? Or, perhaps this was Shasta being friendly? Its vibrant green eyes looked deep and endless, as if one could fall into them and be lost forever. A strange feeling suddenly overcame Max, one of some force pressing slightly against his mind, wanting to be let in. The feeling was almost like someone outside a house tapping on a door, waiting to be allowed inside...

The creature snarled at Max, and suddenly the teenager felt the need to push his rucksack behind him. Hi, Shasta, he thought aloud, clumsily attempting to lower his mental resistances. Are you able to understand me, now? The boy stared into its eyes, unsure if it was working. Nice to meet you...by the way, little boar is not food.

Tikanni Corazon
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
918 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

POST FOR LUCAN

~~~

Upon ending the conversation with the other Serpent, Lucan's eyes drift alert to the path before them, taking in the almost empty way ahead. The hooded figure, though presenting no suspicious or threatening behaviour, caused him to narrow his eyes warily. Given all that had happened on a day that had started out so normally he wasn't prepared to take anymore chances.

He nudged Elman lightly in the ribs, indicating discreetly with a tilt of his head to the other side of the path, before he veered off in that direction, still walking towards the robed figure, but with as much distance as possible between them and him or her...or it for all he knew. He hoped that Elman understood his thinking on the situation...

~~~

Note: Roll to descern if Elman follows Lucan's line of thought - 4 (positive/yes)
What Elman chooses to think though is entirely up to you, Pope Smile

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> Group Role Plays All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: