Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
The Other One. Part V.1 - Summoned.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

(currently a favorite of 2 users)
   Storygames Home -> Manor of the Macabre - Horror, Mystery, and Suspense -> Storygames: Horror, Mystery and Suspense
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author Chapter
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Topics: 339

Items
Legends
69488 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:48 pm    Post subject: The Other One. Part V.1 - Summoned. Reply with quote

Warning! Adult content in this story. Probably.

---->

Prologue.

“So boooring,” Mike said to himself, as he wandered down the chocolate aisle. That was the problem with working night-shift at a re-fuelling station in the middle of nowhere.

The road outside had been devoid of any traffic for at least an hour, and he'd not had a customer for at least two.

“Booring,” he repeated. Then. “Hello.” A car had just pulled up outside. A large, black, expensive SUV. Not your run of the mill vehicle.

He scampered back behind the counter and waited, curious to see who the driver was.

After about two minutes he frowned. The doors remained firmly closed, and it hadn't moved. He was considering going out to see if they realised the station was self service when, finally, someone stepped out.

Mike's jaw dropped.

The woman, and she was all woman, who exited the vehicle was drop dead, smoking super-model hot. She was wearing a long black coat, cut off at the arms. As she walked, it blew open slightly. He wasn't totally sure, but it really looked like she wasn't wearing anything underneath.

The doorbell rang as the goddess pushed the door open.

“Hel...” Mike's voice cracked. “Hello there,” he managed to finally get out. “How can I service... be of service to you today... tonight.”

The woman just smiled and played with her long blonde hair as she strode closer, her black, high heeled boots clicking on the tiles of the shop. Mike swallowed.

Finally she stood before him on the other side of the counter. Slowly, and with the smile of the devil herself, she leaned forward, giving Mike a gobsmacking view down her top.

She wasn't wearing anything underneath.

“Hello,” she said. Her voice was like the purr of a cat.

“H...h...hi,” he managed to get out in reply.

“Would you do me a favour?” she asked.

“Sure.”

“Open the register and give me all the money.” She smiled widely.

“What?”

“Please?”

”I... I'm sorry miss, I can't...” he stopped. The woman had pulled a enormous gun from somewhere and was now pressing the barrel against his forehead.

“Please?” she asked again.

“S...sure.” Mike, to his everlasting shame, pissed himself.

“Go on then,” she said, pushing his head back with the gun.

Urine leaking down his leg, Mike, hands trembling, moved over to the register. He was just about to open it when he became aware of the reflection of a flashing blue light coming from outside.

“Oh cunt.” His customer snarled as she saw the cop car screech to a halt outside, disgorging police as it did so. She whirled back to Mike. “I didn't tell you to stop!”

Mike gulped and pressed the button to open the till.

“You, in the shop!” The male voice shouted through a megaphone. “Come out with...”

What she should come out with was left unknown, as the woman opened fire, blasting away and shattering the glass at the front of the shop. The coppers outside dived for cover, just as another two cars and a van pulled up. Mike ducked down behind the counter and started to scuttle away, only for his progress to stop abruptly as something grabbed his leg.

“You! Where are you going?”

Mike rolled over onto his back and looked up. The woman's eyes were, terrifyingly, glowing a dull red, and her arms seem to have swelled, showing muscles a body builder would be proud of. The coat seemed to be struggling to contain her.

“Put down the gun and come out!” came another megaphoned warning from outside.

“Come and get me copper” she shouted back, loosing off another volley of shots. At the same time she pulled Mike along the floor, apparently with no effort.

“Last chan...” the police officers' message was cut short by another fusillade. The gun had to be some kind of semi-automatic weapon.

This time a barrage of shots replied, blowing chunks out of the counter and the rear of the shop. Mike covered his face with his arms and screamed like a bitch, but the woman, if that's what she was, simply threw back her head with maniacal laughter.

“Is that the best you've got pigs?” she screamed, as bullets slammed into the wall all around her. “Here, try one of these!” She pulled something out of her pocket, did something with it and threw it towards the massed police.

There was a short lull in shooting, followed by a massive explosion. Mike, having already emptied his bladder, now voided his bowels, as his place of employment turned into a fiery scene from hell.

The woman howled with laughter again, barely audible now against the backdrop of explosions and screams from outside, and loosed off even more shots before turning her attention to the till, which had been blown open in the exchange. She scooped up a handful of bills and turned her attention to Mike. Reaching down, she pulled him up with one burly hand.

Her face was now more demonic than beautiful. Eyes glowed red, her hair was now black, and seemed to move around in a snake-like manner of its own accord. As she opened her mouth, he saw her teeth had become sharpened spikes.

“Mummy!” he exclaimed as he was pulled close.

“You,” she hissed, “you are cute.” An impossibly long, narrow tongue slipped out of her mouth and, slowly, licked his face from chin to hairline.

As another giant explosion shook the ground beneath them, she smiled. “I've enjoyed our date. I think you'll be seeing me again.”

So saying she leaned forward and kissed Mike. Despite everything, the kiss literally took his breath away. A feeling of nirvana swept through his body. His legs, already weak, gave way, and he would have collapsed had she not held him up.

Their encounter was interrupted by the arrival of more police.

“Later lover.” Suddenly she was the super hot babe from before again.

Then Mike was on the floor, unable to move despite the glow of flames getting closer.

When he recovered enough to move the woman was gone.

“She didn't even tell me her name,” he croaked, and passed out.

---

So, this is kind of a prologue, and doesn't really have a suggestion phase in the traditional sense, but I'd like (feedback and) comments on what Mike does next. How has this affected him? Etc.

This is also running on Newtomecity.com, which surprised me by existing.

Last edited by Chinaren on Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:34 pm; edited 10 times in total
HalfEmptyHero
Headmaster of the Academy

Topics: 33

Items
Legends
2781 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, I'm not sure what he does. Maybe he just calls his mummy?
ten11
Tourist

Topics: 2

Items
Legends
153 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He tries to find out who she is.
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
69488 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. Been a bit busy the last few days, but more of this and the other one will be along soon.

Last edited by Chinaren on Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Lebrenth
Honored Citizen

Topics: 43

Items
Legends
24787 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:57 pm    Post subject: Mindin Reply with quote

I'm not going to meddle until we get a decision point.

Welcome To Purgatory - current storygame
Please visit my Library of completed works.
Tikanni Corazon
Honored Citizen

Topics: 75
Location: Running through the plains of my mind, my wolf spirit at my side (but doing so in the UK!).

Items
Legends
18382 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's a man, he thinks with his pants of course. Demon or no demon, the goddess is going to be on his mind constantly. He'll want/need to find out more about her and he'll anticipate her keeping her promise to see him again. Though he'll likely berate himself extensively that he soiled himself in her presence.

Nice start C-ren, looking forward to more x

Key
King

Topics: 207

Items
Legends
7053 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, he's won't be able to stop thinking about her. He'll try to find out who she is, get in contact with her if he can.
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
69488 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right then. Let's see where this goes. It may get, er, dark. Now that will be a urprise righ?
Author Chapter
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
69488 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:52 am    Post subject: The Other One - Part II - Awake Reply with quote

Mike woke up trembling. This wasn't news to him of course. It had been a week now, and people were only just beginning to leave him alone. The cops, having lost the woman, had followed their standard protocol and arrested anyone nearby, regardless of evidence and circumstance. Of course, that had meant Mike in this case, as he was the only civilian available.

He'd been dragged, beaten, partly burned and bloody as he was, in handcuffs, to the station and subject to a barrage of questions from a series of angry coppers.

Possibly because he was still stunned from the whole incident he'd simply refused to answer any questions at all, much to their growing anger. If his brief hadn't turned up when she did, it was likely he'd have 'fallen down some stairs'. As it was, he'd been advised to shut up, not a problem, whilst she had stern words with the authorities.

A short time later he'd been unceremoniously ejected from the station and allowed to wander home, a period of time he couldn't remember. The ordeal wasn't over though. The whole thing had been caught on the stores' CCTV, which was leaked online, and it had become an overnight sensation. The woman was now number one on the wanted list of just about everyone, from the law to news stations to every single person on social media.

Despite all the infamy, the woman remained at large. The same couldn't be said for Mike though, and he'd had buy a new phone and crash at a friends', currently unused, bachelor pad. He'd very quickly given up going online.

Of course, the police had interviewed him several more times. He'd stuck to his story, which was the truth, now backed up by the CCTV footage, and they'd eventually left him alone, though not before a series of very specific threats.

Several reporters had tracked him down as well, but he'd managed, with some difficulty to avoid them.

So now he lay on his bed and quivered. Finally alone.

And despite everything, all he could think about was her.

She'd destroyed his life, and his workplace, caused him a great deal of pain and suffering, and yet all he could think about was the kiss! He had to see her again! It was crazy he knew, but she was like a drug, and he was addicted, and addicted hard.

He made a decision. Pulling himself up, he swung his legs over the side of the bed. He would see her again. He didn't know how, considering she'd vanished off the face of the earth - the cops had run into a dead end – no fingerprints, no trace from the weapons, nothing from the public - but he knew he would see her again.

But where to start looking?

---
So, obvious question here then, where does he start? All suggestions, obvious and otherwise, welcome!

Thank you for reading, and contributing.
[/list]
Lebrenth
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
24787 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:14 am    Post subject: Trail Reply with quote

Well, she's playing the part of a small time thief (surprisingly well armed for one though), so maybe hanging around other re-fueling stations would be his best chance. It's relying on a lot of luck, but he seems desperate.

Is this a meta DP or are we just deciding what the character does?

ten11
Tourist

Items
Legends
153 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He tries searching online.
Not the regular kind of online, though. He goes to the dark web.
Tikanni Corazon
Honored Citizen

Topics: 75
Location: Running through the plains of my mind, my wolf spirit at my side (but doing so in the UK!).

Items
Legends
18382 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No need to look anywhere, she said she'd see him again so he can trust that she will find him. In the meantime, maybe he should do some research into what she might possibly be. Might be helpful considering that, though she might be hot (when she chooses to be!), she's also clearly dangerous.

Looking forward to more. x

Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
69488 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, thanks guys. I'll wait a bit longer and then poll. Cool
Key
King

Items
Legends
7053 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, agree with Tikanni that the what is more important than the where. I think doing some research on the occult, demonology, mythology, etc. based on what he saw of her "unusual" features would be most helpful. Maybe he could talk to somebody who's an expert in this.

That might be the first step toward finding out where she is anyway. He might hear rumors of magical goings-on which might have led a creature like her to our world, or find people who can sense the presence of beings like her.
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
69488 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right then, thank you all for the ideas. Inspiring as always.

So, poll is up with suggestions from here and another site that won't be named. Vote away!

Please.

Last edited by Chinaren on Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
ten11
Tourist

Items
Legends
153 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh? What's the other site?
Lebrenth
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
24787 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:27 am    Post subject: City Reply with quote

He's got this storygame on two sites. The other is Tome City. I voted here.

Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
69488 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmmm.

~considers~
Author Chapter
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
69488 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:14 pm    Post subject: The Other One - Part III - Mr. Fixit Reply with quote

Slightly unsteadily, it had been a day or two since he’d eaten, Mike climbed to his feet and padded, barefoot, over to his laptop. Turning it on he studiously avoided checking his email, or any of his social media accounts.

In fact, he stopped typing as a thought struck. In fact, why go on the regular web at all? He wasn’t much of a techy, but some months previously a friend of his had installed a browser, a window he’d called it, to the dark web.

Mike had looked, as had everyone else, all over the internet for the girl and had drawn a blank. Maybe he would have better luck on the supposedly seedier side of the interwebs.

Digging out the ‘readme’ file his friend had set up for him, he followed the instructions within, and soon found himself on a bulletin board, which looked rather similar to the boards he’d been on previously, except this one had sections for drugs and, well, other things.

He scrolled down, browsing around for a while, until he found a thread started by someone called Mr. Fixit. Apparently Mr. Fixit could arrange any number of things, from hard to get substances to even harder to get human merchandise and, most importantly from Mike’s point of view: information.

He followed the instructions at the top of the thread and sent a brief message to Mr. Fixit, telling him he wanted to find the Gas Station Killer Babe, as some people were calling her.

The task done, he leaned back, wondering if he should eat something. No doubt it would be a day or so…

The screen pinged, and a request for a chat box popped up. It was from Mr. Fixit.

Mike hesitated only a moment. He’d dug himself in this far after all. He clicked on ‘accept’.

‘Hello’ he typed.

‘I’ve seen your request. Why do you want to find her?’ came the reply.

Mike paused, slightly concerned about giving his identity away, but then everyone knew of him anyway, so it wasn’t like this was really an issue.

‘I’m the’ he paused, then sighed and carried on typing. ‘Gas Station Chicken Bitch’ he finished. He also had several other nicknames now, and this was probably the best of the bunch.

‘Really?’

‘Really.’

‘Let’s video chat then, if that’s true. You could be someone just saying that.’

Again, Mike paused only a moment. In for a penny…

He clicked accept again on the new box that popped up. This time it was a video stream, although Mr. Fixit could only be seen as a silhouette. Understandable enough.

“Well, it really is you!” Even his voice was disguised, coming across the net as a rough, dalek sound.

“Yes.”

“So you want to find your girlfriend then.”

“Yes, can you do anything?”

“Why haven’t you tried a regular PI?” Fixit asked.

“I figured, with the reward, they would have already looked. I thought, perhaps, you might be different.”

“Hahaha,” The laughter, through the synth, came out as flat and dead. “I may be on the dark side, but I’m still just a person,” came the reply.

“So you can’t help?” Mike slumped.

“Hold on, hold on, I didn’t say that did I?”

“Really?”

“I don’t know who she is, for sure, but I have been digging. It seems that this isn’t the first sighting of this woman, though it’s certainly the highest profile.”

“What? How come no one else knows of this?” Mike asked.

“Some people, the cops and so on, do, I know for sure they do. However, they don’t go around sharing things like this.”

“Tell me!” Mike sat up straight in his chair, becoming animated for the first time in days.

“Well hold on now there fellah, this information isn’t free.”

“Oh, yes. How much?”

There was a pause, and Mike was about to say something when Mr. Fixit finally replied.

“For you, because it is you, I’ll do a deal. Five hundred, but you tell me what you find. There’s something really weird going on, and it’s attracted my curiosity, I will admit.”

“How do I pay you?”

“Here. Go to this website, fill in the boxes.”

“Is that it?” Mike raised an eyebrow.

“Hey, it’s the modern age. What did you expect, a drop in the city square at midnight?”

“Very well.” Mike clicked on the link that appeared at the bottom of the chat screen.”

“Excellent, I’ll email you the details when I get the cash.” The screen flicked out.

“But you don’t know… my email address,” Mike trailed off.

With some trepidation, he opened the link and followed the instructions for payment. This may be crazy, but he needed to do something, and he had a feeling…

Payment sent, he say in front of the screen and crossed his hands, waiting.

He sat there for half an hour, and was wondering if he’d been stupid, when there was a ping from his email.

He opened it up, and then opened up the attached files.

There wasn’t much there, but what there was was new to him. It seemed there had been minor disturbances involving a young woman, who very closely matched the description of his woman, for four or five months previous to his incident. They had started small, from shoplifting, up to, a week before Mike’s encounter, assault. Three men had apparently decided to ‘have a bit of fun’ with the woman after having some beers, and had, somehow, come away with fairly serious injuries, including broken bones.

Mike raised an eyebrow.

There was more, this time with speculation and conjecture included with information taken from police files, and there were also witness statements Each time the woman disappeared without a trace.

Finally there were some notes that seem to have been pulled together by Mr. Fixit. He’d had information from some other source, unidentified in the documents, which had given him a rough location of where, for reasons he didn’t go into, he though the woman could be actually found.

Mike’s heart started to race, and he clicked on the map.

The location, marked with a red X was a large building barely five miles from Mike’s former place of employment, in the centre of a medium sized, sleepy, fairly well off suburb.

Eyes wide, Mike clicked the print key, and ran over pull the map off. He started to pull on his shoes when he stopped short, catching his reflection on the mirror. A dirty, bedraggled image stared back at him. This wouldn’t do! He couldn’t meet Her like this.

Dragging his clothes off he made his way to the bathroom, where he spent a frantic half hour on some much needed personal grooming.

An hour later he was ready. Dressed in some decent, clean, clothes stolen from his mate’s wardrobe, he stepped out into the daylight. Blinking in the sun, he unlocked his friend’s bike and began pedalling.

>

“Oh, this can’t be right.”

It was some time later, and Mike had arrived at his destination. Panting slightly, he double checked the map. Nope, this was it. And it explained why it was a large building.

He was standing in front of ‘The Holy Mother Synthia’s Puritanical Boarding School for Young Girls, (aged eight to sixteen).’

“What the hell?” Mike said.

--->

Okay then, so what’s his next move? How does he infiltrate this target? Let’s just say the school is open and it’s about 10:30 in the morning on, I don’t know, a Thursday.

Suggestions and comments welcome!

Lebrenth
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
24787 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:10 pm    Post subject: Combined Reply with quote

Huh, you know that ended up kinda like all of the votes combined! Let's just pretend we have a daughter, say we'd like a tour of the place and to meet some staff. We'll hope not to discover his infatuation is with a student.

Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
69488 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, when I started writing the polling (combined with the polling on The Other Place) was drawn at Dark web and 'innocent' place, so...
Key
King

Items
Legends
7053 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Combined Reply with quote

Pretending to have a daughter might work, but access could be limited.

How about pretending to represent a large corporation who's considering making a donation to the school?

In either case, we'd need to do some preparation first. Research the school, fake an identity, etc. Maybe there are pictures of the staff online, though it's probably too much to hope for to find a picture of her.
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
69488 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good stuff chaps, thanks. Keep 'em coming.

Last edited by Chinaren on Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vishal Muralidharan
Respected Citizen

Topics: 24

Items
Legends
5251 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Key. Pretend to have a huge donation to make, and get a full tour of the school.

The eyes are useless if the mind is blind.
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
69488 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very well, I shall put this to the poll whilst I work on Apocolypto.
Lebrenth
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
24787 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:31 pm    Post subject: Not what I meant Reply with quote

Oh, there's been a misunderstanding! That's ok, the other option is roughly the same idea. I was suggesting we say we have a daughter and we're considering enrolling her, not that she was already enrolled (which is something they could easily disprove if they tried). But the investor option is fine... if we can manage to look the part with expensive clothes.

Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
69488 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, there's a clear lead here. I'll leave the poll up until I get chance to write some more, busy in RL atm, but watch this space.

Last edited by Chinaren on Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Author Chapter
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
69488 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:33 pm    Post subject: The Other One - Part IV Reply with quote

Mike looked left and right. The street he was in was one of those wide, new ones, with trees and landscaping designed to let you know that only expensive people should tarry there, unless you were one of the people who cleaned up. There was no one else in sight.

Lacking inspiration from the surroundings, Mike looked the school fence over once more. The gate, which was a large black iron one, and wouldn’t have looked out of place at the entrance to hell, was closed. A camera, speaker box and push button was situated at a convenient height next to it.

Mike made up his mind. He was close now to Her, he somehow knew that, and an iron gate wasn’t going to stop him. Pushing his borrowed bike away, he secreted it behind a convenient bush. Then, glad he’d stopped to dress up before he left, he smoothed down his jacket and walked back to the gate.

+

Mother Superior Overseer Mary Strikt was busy praying when her secretary knocked on the door.

“What is it child?” she asked, resisting the urge to take stronger action. She had been going through assistants rather quickly lately, and this one showed at least a modicum of promise. “I am in prayer, you know - I don’t wish to be disturbed at this time.”

“For give me Oh Mother Overseer,” said the young woman, pulling at her habit. “There’s a young man here, he says he is a wealthy investor, and would like to look around.”

“Who?” Mary stood up and put her whip to one side.

“He says he is Micheal Strobowsky, he owns some social media company, and he is interested in enrolling his daughter.”

“Is he now?” Mary nodded. Social media was the invention of the devil, and as such, this man could be useful to her school. She took her seat behind her desk and nodded. “Send him in.”

+

Mike stepped into the large office somewhat nervously. He had never been comfortable around religion, assuming that any deity worth their salt would be mostly disapproving of most of his life so far. This school though, was more unnerving than he’d expected. The corridors had echoed, and the only noise he’d heard, other than his and the nun’s footsteps, had been strange chanting from the classrooms.

This office was even more unnerving. It was a large, plain, room. The floor was some kind of dark polished wood, and the walls were plain white, with the sole exception of some kind of, rather creepy, symbol painted on the back wall. He didn’t know what it was, except it certainly wasn’t a Christian cross.

Slap bang in the centre of the room, behind an enormous wooden desk, sitting in something that was more throne than chair, was a thin, stern looking woman. She was dressed in a slightly fancier habit than the single nun who had escorted him into the school, once he’d managed to blag himself past the gate.

Her outfit was made of a finely cut black leather, studded with small stones that could not be diamonds.

The nun, the head of the school he’d been told, stood up in one smooth motion and smiled, an expression that looked like she was trying for the fist time.

“Please, Mr. Strobowsky, have a seat.” She pointed at another chair, sitting in lonely isolation on Mike’s side of the desk.

“Ahem, well, thank you.” Mike lowered himself onto the chair. The sister looked on, and then sat herself.

“Now, how may The Holy Mother Synthia’s Puritanical Boarding School for Young Girls, (aged eight to sixteen) help you?” she asked.

“Well, ahem, I have a young daughter, and I, er, heard this school, I mean, a frien… acquaintance of mine, recommended this place. I was wondering if I could take a tour. I didn’t mean to take up your time of course. Maybe your assistant?” He gestured behind him. The other nun, from what he could tell beneath the robes, had seemed quite young and friendly.

“Oh, every parent deserves my full attention I can assure you Mr. Strobowsky,” she replied.

“Please, call me Mike,” Mike said. He’d made up the name on the spot, and was rather regretting it, and he was even more scared someone would ask him to spell it.

“May I ask who your acquaintance was… Mike?” she asked, cocking her head to one side. Mike felt as if she was looking into his soul.

“Ah… I would rather not.”

“Very well.” She paused. “It’s just, well, this school is extremely… selective on the girls it takes. Background checks are required, and other restrictions also apply.”

Mike waved a hand dismissively. “Oh yes, I know, my friend told me all about it.”

“Did he?” An eyebrow was raised.

Mike felt as if he’d just failed a test.

“Well,” he said, “in strictest confidence of course. As a potential patron too,” he added for good measure. Throwing the lure of money into the equation.

“And what of your daughter? How old is she?”

“Oh, er, yes, Alice is, er, ten now. Yes, ten.”

“She is a little old for entrance to our establishment at ten,” the nun said. “However, it isn’t unheard of. Assuming she’s strong enough.”

Strong enough? Mike resisted the urge to frown. Time to go on the offensive. He leaned forward and put his hands together. “I can assure you, Alice is up to the challenge. As am I. Now, how about that tour? Or is everything I’ve heard here a lie?”

The Mother Superior raised her eyebrow again, but then nodded. “Very well,” she said. “Though you will have to sign an NDA before you leave. I hope you understand.”

“I would expect nothing less,” Mike said, outwardly calm. Inside he was screaming.

“Very well. This way.” The woman stood up abruptly. Mike was startled to see she had acquired a long, coiled, black whip from somewhere.

Standing, he followed her out into the hallway. Her footsteps clacked sharply on the floor, and, looking down, he thought he saw tall black stilettos underneath the robe. He frowned. Surely nuns didn’t…?

She stopped at a large wooden door and turned to face him. “What is behind here is confidential, I’m sure you understand.”

Trying to appear at ease, despite his increasing alarm, Mike nodded. “Of course.”

“Very well.”

Reaching into her robes, Mother Mary pulled out a metal chain, not unlike what you would expect on a prison officer. At the end was a large ring, jangling with iron keys of medieval design. Selecting one, she inserted it into the lock and turned, then pushed the door open and stepped through.

Mike followed.

And stopped.

Behind was a large hall. Overhead chandeliers straight from ancient times, laden with candles, illuminated a scene that he would usually assume was the result of smoking something illegal.

Groups of girls were gathered in different areas, listening to nuns or participating in actions that were alien to Mike’s experience.

He looked to the right.

A group of girls, they had to be no more than nine, were dressed in short leather outfits. A nun was pointing, with a long stick he noted, at a picture of a naked man on the wall. She seemed to be highlighting tender areas to assault. The girls were taking notes on tablets and laptops.

To his left four older girls, well into their teens, were standing around an intricate design chalked on the floor. They were chanting in a language Mike didn’t know.

“Keep up please.” His attention was drawn back to his guide.

“Ah, yes. Of course.” He stumbled on.

“This is our general hall,” Mother Mary pointed out. “Usually of course these lessons would be in their own classrooms, but whilst the renovations are being carried out we are slumming it. Ah, here we go.”

They had arrived at a large archway. Beyond it, by some strange optical illusion, he could only see dark.

“After you please,” Mother Mary said, gesturing.

“Of course.” Pulling at his jacket, Mike stepped through.

“Oh balls.”

He was in a torture chamber. A literal torture chamber, with rack, iron maiden and all of the traditional pieces of equipment. A group of year twelves were gathered around a restrained naked man who was in the process of having his belly slit open by one of them. Again, notes were being taken.

“Here of course, is where we get to the nitty gritty,” said Mother Mary, stepping in behind him. At the same time, two nuns, very large and burly nuns, stepped forth and glared at him.

He looked at the Mother Superior. “What’s going on?” he asked.

“Mr. Strobowsky,” she replied. “What are you doing here?”

“I told you, call me Mike,” Mike said. He went weak at the knees.

Well, that wasnt at all what I expected. Not at all. But then, Ive managed to secure some Vodka. So I guess I know where my muse has been.

Anyway, what does Mike say/do now? Lets hear some inspirational stuff peeps!

Heh. Rainbow.
Lebrenth
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
24787 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, I'm starting to suspect this is not a normal boarding school. Probably best not to mention that no one would come looking if we went missing.... Maybe we can try another deception? How about yelling into our sleeve "I've been made, I need an extraction right now!" and then run for the door. MAYBE they'll think we're undercover police, following leads from the recent activities. MAYBE they'll be startled enough they'll let us slip by.

Option B, say as casually as possible, "Just a moment, would you excuse me?" and gently push past the nuns towards the one getting tortured. Show real interest and fascination. Ask the victim to describe the pain in detail. Ask to help with the torture. Definitely better to be seen as the wolf than the sheep here. Then we come clean about not having a daughter nor much money, we just wanted to see if the rumors were true before applying for a job.

... Or Option C, "That looks fun. Can I go next?" and try to laugh it off. Double down on the deception suggesting we are who we say we are and we're not even a little worried. If they actually do throw us on the rack at least we said something cool and funny beforehand.

I think I would end up voting for Option B.

Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
69488 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Them's some good ideas Lebs, I shall wait a while more and put some to poll.

Thank you for reading.
Key
King

Items
Legends
7053 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice chapter. I laughed out loud at this line:
Quote:
He’d made up the name on the spot, and was rather regretting it, and he was even more scared someone would ask him to spell it.

We're in a tough spot, and there's a pretty good chance we're going to end up being tortured no matter what we do. But I think our best bet is to go on offense.

Be shocked that in a school of such means, the twelfth years have to share a torture victim. Act indignant at the poor maintenance of the torture equipment, and the lack of modern torture innovations like electric shock. Ask why you should enroll your daughter here when she already seems more advanced than the older students at this school.
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
69488 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Kingky, there's a reason why you are a wise and rotund ruler. Excellent ideas!

Last edited by Chinaren on Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Lebrenth
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
24787 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Key wrote:
Be shocked that in a school of such means, the twelfth years have to share a torture victim.

Oh I like that!

Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
69488 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, I am returned, with a newer laptop* and shall find some time to begin writing again.

Watch this space!

Shocked
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
69488 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poll is finally up peeps! Vote away!
Lebrenth
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
24787 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:30 pm    Post subject: Sharing is not always caring Reply with quote

Voted! I liked Key's suggestion best

Author Chapter
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
69488 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:53 am    Post subject: The Other One - Chapter V - Hot Girls, Cold Dungeon Reply with quote

“I'm not at all certain that you are who you say you are,” Mother Superior said, unwrapping her whip slowly, and glaring at him.

Glancing at the two, alarmingly muscled, sisters who were glaring at him, and then back at Mother Superior and her glistening whip, Mike decided the only way he was going to get out of here was to go on the offensive.

Taking a deep breath, he shook his head.

“I am...” he said, “outraged.” He jabbed a finger at Mother Superior. “Outraged I say! I come here, in good faith, hoping my daughter would learn all about 'The Arts',” he made the air quotes, “and maybe help along a local academic establishment at the same time, and I am met with... I am met with...” he took another deep breath and shook his head. “THIS!” He pointed at the rack, and the poor victim, now bleeding profusely from a long gash in his abdomen.”

“Look at this!” he said, pushing roughly past one of the burly nuns, who took a step back at his outrage. “It's a rack! A rack for fuck's sake! What century are we living in, excuse me dear.” The last to a teenaged girl in a ridiculously short leather skirt who had been wielding the knife.

He made a point of taking in the scene, glaring at the apparatus and the man, whos spasms were slowly subsiding as his life leaked out of him.

“It's positively archaic!” he said. “Archaic!” he repeated, enjoying a word that people don't usually get to say. “I mean, where's the tech? Where are the wires? Where's the nerve stimulation? I am sure my company could do better than this with a high end phone, a VR set and a few optical fibres! I. Am. Outraged. Is this all you've got?”

Rant over, he crossed his arms, glared at Mother Superior, and tried not to shit himself.

Mother Superior Overseer Mary Strikt looked at him for a moment, her whip still by her side. She glanced at the students, who were all looking at Mike with awe. He shifted uncomfortably, trying his best not to get a hard on, surrounded by teenage girls in revealing leather outfits.

“Very well.”

“Uh?” Mike tore his gaze away from one of the students and back at Mother Superior.

“Very well. I understand.” Mother Superior gestured at the surroundings. “Our Great Lord is... traditional. But I understand your concerns. We have to move with the times.” She nodded at the two Bouncer nuns, who withdrew back into the shadows.

“Follow me please.” She turned and walked towards another door, which Mike hadn't noticed before.

Mike glanced around at the students, one of whom blew a kiss at him, and then followed the senior nun, surreptitiously adjusting the front of his pants.

Mother Superior was waiting for him at the door, which was a solid wooden affair, and looked about five hundred years old.

Nodding at him as he approached, she turned and, carefully selecting a key from her chair, slid it into the lock and turned it.

“You are correct of course,” she said, turning the handle. “We need to keep up with modern times. As such, we've been using our R and D facilities to find more... unusual methods of spreading the Word. This is our latest experiment. I didn't think you would be interested, but now, well, maybe. We are always after more funding. Finding young girls who people won't miss is never cheap.”

Resisting the urge to comment, Mike simply stepped through into the room beyond the door. It was a simple room, unlike the others in that it was plain concrete. Standing against the walls to the left and right were two more nuns. These were obviously no normal nuns though.

Their habits were leather, more armour than habits in fact. and from their wide belts hung wicked looking spiked clubs. That wasn't enough. They were both huge! They would have put any WWF wrestler to shame. Both glared at Mike.

Mother Superior ignored both of them, striding across the room to the other door. This one was eve n more solid than the last, though it had some sort of hatch lower down, and a barred window at head height. Everything about it screamed 'cell'.

Mother Superior reached the door and turned to look at him.

“Here is our latest experiment. I want you to go in there and... see for yourself what strides in technology we are making.” She held her key up, as if a dare.

Mike pulled himself up to his full height. “Carry on my good woman,” he said.

Nodding, Mother Superior unlocked the door and pushed it open. She didn't enter, but looked at him instead.

Taking a deep breath, Mike nodded back, and strode as confidently as he could through the door.

Which slammed behind him.

The lock turned.

He was locked in. Had he been more than usually stupid? Probably.

“Oh, it's you!”

Mike turned and surveyed his surroundings.

As he'd surmised, it was a cell, straight out of medieval times. It was small, with a covered wooden bucket in one corner, a tiny barred window high up in the wall, and a narrow cot.

On this cot was a young girl, probably no more than twelve years old. She was extremely pretty, with long tousled long hair, and wearing only a thin slip.

“You've come for me!” she said, and threw herself at him, kissing him passionately.

“Whoaa!” Mike said, untangling himself from her embrace with some difficulty. Still, that kiss... familiar?

“What?” the girl pouted. “Don't you remember me?”

“I... I...” Mike gulped. This girl was still a child, and yet...

“Oh, I know!” she said brightly. “I don't look the same. Hold on.”

So saying, she smiled at him in a way that no twelve year old should ever do, and stepped back.

For a moment, nothing happened, and then there was a... disturbance in the fabric of the universe.

Mike peered through eyelids he didn't realise were closed. And his mouth dropped open.

Standing there, discarding the remnants of a shift too small for her, was... HER.

“Hi there,” she said, and her grin this time instantly gave Mike the hardest erection he had ever had. “Have you come to break me out?”

Mike messed himself.

>>>

Oh ohh! Disguistingness! Well, I'm full of beer, so, whatever.

What's the plan now? Is Mike going to help her? If so, how??

Gimmeee!

<<<<

Key
King

Items
Legends
7053 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm...we definitely want to help break her out. Otherwise how would we give all worldly possessions and our immortal soul for the chance to be her love slave?

But I'm kind of confused about what happened here. Did the nuns just want to lock us up? Then why go through the pretense about the experiments and the technology? Or is she actually some experiment they've created?

So I guess the first step would be to ask her what's going on. Who is she, and why are the nuns holding her captive?
Lebrenth
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
24787 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She's underage? Well, I'm out. I would try to get her (and myself) free, and then walk away singing "Young Girl" by Gary Puckett & The Union Gap.

Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
69488 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Key wrote:
H
But I'm kind of confused about what happened here. Did the nuns just want to lock us up? Then why go through the pretense about the experiments and the technology? Or is she actually some experiment they've created?

Maybe they're just giving him a chance to see what's there, but don't want to leave the door open whilst that's happening. Wink
Quote:

She's underage?

Well, the girl before was. She certainly isn't.. All woman. All. Woman. To the max.

I'll leave this up a bit longer in case anyone else wishes to thow hat/money etc. into the ring.
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> Storygames: Horror, Mystery and Suspense All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: