Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
Chapter 11: Clay Mask

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> Stasis Hall - Completed or archived Storygames -> Battle to the End - Yahoo: Mind over Magic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Chainfire

Items

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:35 pm    Post subject: Chapter 11: Clay Mask Reply with quote

Yahoo used a wind spell of his own to launch up and over the wall right before hitting the arena side. While still up in the air, and before his opponent had time to react, he sent a mixture of dirt, coal, and water down on her. Saota chose that exact moment to look up at Yahoo and got a face full of this gunk. As he was coming down he hardened the tar like substance to a rock on her face, and then stepped back and enjoyed the show.

At first all she did was touch what was on her face, before pointing to it and trying to blast it off. Instead her spell just bounced off the small shield Yahoo had placed on it. Now she was really mad; she used her well-practiced ability to control the winds to make her whirlwinds into giant tornados. With these swirling around almost uncontrollably, Yahoo found himself quickly surrounded by a wall of dirt and wind. It was just another distraction though as she tried to break down his shield and get off the clay-like mask.

Yahoo wasn't fooled for a moment though and just let them run their course. He kept an observant eye on Saota as she tried again and again to get off the mask obscuring her great beauty and vision. When she started using more and more violent methods Yahoo made the shield weaker until finally with a small explosion the mask came off, but by redirecting the focus of his shield Yahoo was able to direct the flash from the explosion right into her eyes.

Now blind and flabbergasted she started getting clumsy with her magic. She brought up hurricane force gusts that would go nowhere, and whips of wind around her body. Her mana was quickly draining and all Yahoo had done was a few simple tricks and one little spell. She started to slow down in her attacks and then just sat down on the ground. Yahoo approached her warily and just stood over her crouched form, she turned her face up to him and he saw that she was crying.

"Accept defeat and I will heal your vision," he said.

She just nodded her head and kneeled down at his feet, and once again it was his name said over the loudspeaker. Yahoo waved his hand over her head and swiftly left the field. He confirmed his next battle up at the front desk and started back to his hotel.

When he got there he was told that he had a visitor. He looked into the lobby where the patron pointed and saw the last person he ever expected to see in the world, his love's husband. Now the only question was whether he should go talk to him or just tell the patron to inform the gentleman that he was not there. If he just waited till he left he could follow him home maybe, what was Yahoo to do?
Ovrlndnsea

Items

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh, first reply!

I'd say talk to him.

Last edited by Ovrlndnsea on Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chainfire

Items

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would I not want to do that? I'll do whatever is voted for the most, and if it's talk to him then Yahoo will talk to him.
Lord Rahl

Items

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he should attach a tracer of some sort to follow him home so he could find where his love is.
Jack_D.Mented
Respected Citizen

Topics: 9

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say talk as well.

All sneaking will do is get him in trouble.

Abattoir Chapter 2!
ninja baloon

Items

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use your head, think outside the box. I have no other ideas but I'm sure one of you might. Razz
Zeitgeist

Items

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I F5 Lord Rahl, track him.. But I must also say that it would be good for him to gather more information on his loves love. Talk and track I say.
D-Lotus
Venerable IFian

Topics: 103

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talk to him with the purpose of gathering information about his wife and her life.
or
Provoke him outside and intimidate him to have him under your control.
or
Be as amiable as possible to encourage his cooperation to whatever you might ask him for in the future.
kenshin himura
Citizen

Topics: 1

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry lord rahl, but i dislike the tracer cloud idea. i know that it is currently in one of the greatest books of all time and that would be copy-write(plus i have no court fine money one me Very Happy ).
but i do like where your going with it so if you could place a spell that mabey would leave invisable 'magic' foot prints or somthing...

p.s. nice avater, its part of the cover of the temple of the winds. nice!
D-Lotus
Venerable IFian

Topics: 103

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poll is up!

What should Yahoo do now?
Evade the visitor
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Talk to him amiably
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Purposely intimidate him
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Question him about his wife
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Attach some sort of tracker to him
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 0
Who Voted:

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> Battle to the End - Yahoo: Mind over Magic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: