Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
IQ Issue 10. 6.May.7 - Election Victory Special.

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> Info Street - FAQs and Guides to the City -> IFquirer
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Topics: 339

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 5:15 am    Post subject: IQ Issue 10. 6.May.7 - Election Victory Special. Reply with quote

Issue.10 6May2007 Price: 0Fables.

Chinaren Times Two!

The polls are closed, and the citizens have flocked out onto the streets to celebrate Chinaren winning a second term in the Mayoral Mansion.

Crowds of well-wishers, in no way coerced by large men with sticks, gathered around to congratulate the mayor on his historic victory. The IQ , represented by our well known reporter, back from a spell in a rehab center, Bob McBobsky, was allowed into his resplendent presence for an interview:

Bob writes:

I was shown into the Mayoral mansion, where hundreds of miniature Chinaren clones were not at all chained to their desks. When I asked what they were doing, I was answered in a polite voice that they were in the service of the city. No matter what I say in future, I can categorically state I was not beaten savagely and told to: ‘Keep my nose out or else’.

After a short time catching my breath, we were shown into Chinaren’s austere offices, where his Mayoralness was hard at it with several of his staff. Once they had finished and dressed, I was granted an interview:

“Can you tell me what this re-election means to you your supreme excellence?”

“Another six months of back breaking labor, ensuring the city runs smoothly, with absolutely no profit in it for Chinaren Inc. Another champagne? ”

“Please, yes. Do you have anything to say to your rival?”

“I will send my army of minions to crush him! How dare he run against… I mean… Jolly good show. Well run old chap.”

“Anything to say to the citizens of the city?”

“Thank-you for voting for me, you’re spouses and children are being returned to your homes even as we speak. Unless of course, you didn’t vote for me…”

“Thank-you for sparing some of your time for this interview.”

“Indeed, you may make your donation on the way out.”

Open Gates Let In New Citizens.

A mistake at the main gates in recent times meant several new citizens have made their way into the city. The IQ welcomes the new population, and extends its best wishes to them. Let’s hope the trend continues.

Zephyr Joins the Council.

Lebrenth recently announced his departure from the council, citing his upcoming holiday in the far away Bananalands. Stepping in to take the co-reigns of Skiffy, Z immediately launched his own competition, joining the craze that has swept the city lately. (See elsewhere in this issue).

Welcome Z, and happy travels Lebs!

Competition Madness Grips City!

A sudden spate of competitions has swept IF. In the Fantasy Forest Lily, perched on her new Oak Throne, has a Fantasy Short comp in progress, which has already attracted several good entrants.

Zephyr, in turn, has opened a small stall down in Skiffy, with an Invention competition, though currently it is only trading idle banter.

Over in HEM, Dinny has launched the HEM comp, which needs more entries.

Finally, Chinaren, in the same forum, has resurrected his famed Story of a Picture or SoaP6. At the time of going to press, one entry was in.

The IQ urges all citizens to participate in some of these excellent contests!

Zeph shoots up the Rich List!

In a move that Chinaren would be proud of, Zephyr rocketed up to third place in the cities Rich List, the money coming in from his new enterprise Superhuman which has also been nominated for the SGotM for May. Reports that he fleeced both Chinaren and Lordy, the first and second in the list, of nearly 20,000 Fatbacks have yet to be confirmed.

Have You Seen This Dragon?

Our very own Dragon, K.Rai has been reported missing. The ASS have been scouring the streets, and the authorities urge anyone seeing a large winged creature to report it immediately.

Roundup.

It’s Chinaren’s Month!

April’s SGotM saw Chinaren take the title once again, with the highly acclaimed* dark Fantasy Story, Avarice narrowly seeing off Zephyr’s Daydreamer.

May looks to be the most intense month for some time though, with no less than five excellent SGames (so far) going to the polls. The IQ recommends you get down to the CA and check them out now!

*By Chinaren.

Top Favorites.

Chianren’s Tired of Death remains at number one, though Lords & Ladies has dropped out of the top 5 altogether, to be replaced by the new but very worthy Fallout Lands.

Sharing third position are Bloodline by Lilith, and The Magician’s Touch by CF and new in: The Endless Wall, Argo’s far out and wacky experimental Story.

The IQ highly recommends you check these threads out now!

Advertising!
Do you wish to advertise your SGame in IQ? Please submit your inquiries to the editor

IQ needs you!
So you think you can write? If so, please contact the editor for submission rules.
Articles and in-depth reviews of any Sgames welcomed!
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> IFquirer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: