ages? POLL NOW UP for IF population demographic...
Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
City of IF -> Open Forum Archives
Age range (in RL years) ?
12 and under
5%
 5%  [ 3 ]
13-16
27%
 27%  [ 15 ]
17-19
18%
 18%  [ 10 ]
20-24
20%
 20%  [ 11 ]
25+
29%
 29%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 55
Who Voted: Adalia, Alegria, Amichan, Argon18, Black Hawk, Chemai Sterini, Chinaren, Crossfire, Crunchyfrog, CurlyBear, Cyberworm, D-Lotus, DeadManWalking, Fats_Masterson, Hak, HalfEmptyHero, IMGoldilocks, Ingrothechundyer, Jalorn, Kalyssa Summers, Klafarius, Krystal Latiana, Lilith, LordoftheNight, Mastermind, misterbiz, Mother Goose, NeverNeverGirl, Novelest_Ninjagirl, Phang, Phantomfan, PopeAlessandrosXVIII, Reiso, Ronjun, Sasuke, Scheherazade, scissorkitty, SerriaFox, Shillelagh, shy_blu_eyes, sir wax, Smee, Syranore, Tavanesh, The Meaning Of Fear, The Powers That Be, The White Blacksmith, Thunderbird, Traveller, Vikas Muralidharan, Vishal Muralidharan, Warsor, zahark

#1: ages? POLL NOW UP for IF population demographic... Author: NeverNeverGirlLocation: dreaming away of tomorrows to come PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:55 pm
    —
okay wow! i guess i just assumed that some of you ppl were older than you actually are... im not sure if this is somewhere else but i was curious to know your ages..

Im a 25 yo female... Smile

Last edited by NeverNeverGirl on Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:46 am; edited 1 time in total

#2: re Author: SmudgerLocation: Writers Block R Us PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:03 am
    —
Come on 17-19 year olds, we must outnumber them all! And I agree with Lordy as always Wink

#3:  Author: Crunchyfrog PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:52 am
    —
Gahh, where are Zephy and Argo when you need them? I'm sure they must be in the realms of old git-dom! Very Happy

#4:  Author: LordoftheNightLocation: Hell PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:22 pm
    —
If we re-poll in a few months, I'd be in the 20-25 category myself.

#5:  Author: Crunchyfrog PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:24 pm
    —
Heh, maybe we should do this regularly then! Very Happy

#6:  Author: NeverNeverGirlLocation: dreaming away of tomorrows to come PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:43 pm
    —
YAY - old gits are ahead!!! Very Happy

WE HAVE THE POWER!!!!!!!!!!!! Laughing TIme to destroy all Youngen's..... Mad

*ahem* i mean we um... *ahem* Shocked

lovely day today....

*walks away whistling innocently* Wink

#7:  Author: D-LotusLocation: Hollywood, USA PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:35 pm
    —
Not really. 13-19 Beats 25+

sadly... the 'youngens' will become 'olduns' eventually... Sad

#8:  Author: CrossfireLocation: Somewhere between here and not-here, now and not-now... in the half-light, the borderlands, between. PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:28 pm
    —
We should probably favor individual posts over a poll. That way, we can get some background information on City Council members and ordinary Citizens for the Wiki. Remember, we have the Gender thread also.

Some people would probably not like this, and I think that User Pages on the Wiki should be restricted according to the wishes of the Citizen. Still, a demographic might be nice for a General IF Information page, but it would have to be updated regularly to be of any use.

Viva la IFkilution!

#9:  Author: Crunchyfrog PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:59 pm
    —
D-Lotus wrote:
Not really. 13-19 Beats 25+

Yes, I thought that when I was between 13 and 19 also... (unless you were talking about the combined total of course! Tung )

Quote:
sadly... the 'youngens' will become 'olduns' eventually... Sad

Not sadly at all! *very sprightly for age and proud of it*

Very Happy

#10:  Author: Mother GooseLocation: Connecticut PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:06 am
    —
Reiso wrote:
I remember Mother Goose always claiming to be older than dirt, but I have the feeling she is not quite so old as she makes out. Very Happy

It's true! When I was little, everything was clean!

I'll vote, but I really should get several votes in the last category. Now if we were talking mental age,,,,, about five?

#11:  Author: AmichanLocation: RL:Roseboro, NC./ IF: Retuning from a long journey in the land of OFF PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:31 am
    —
what alos has to be conisdered ( and frankly i've noticed this ) the sub 18's are going to be on here more cause the 18+'s have to a little thing called work so naturally there are going to be more youngsters taht old fogies (i'm 22 so i'm a middle fogie )

#12:  Author: The White Blacksmith PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:38 am
    —
My mum would've loved to have lived when you were a child then, MG.

#13:  Author: AmichanLocation: RL:Roseboro, NC./ IF: Retuning from a long journey in the land of OFF PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:43 am
    —
geez am i the only 20 to 25er in here??!!!

#14:  Author: Kalanna RaiLocation: The Frozen North PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:47 am
    —
No, just the only one who'd voted Kang. Decided to throw my vote in because I'm amazed that everyone thinks I'm older than I am.

#15:  Author: AmichanLocation: RL:Roseboro, NC./ IF: Retuning from a long journey in the land of OFF PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:08 am
    —
well Rai that can be because of one thing your writing skills and possibly your maturity precece you that can really throw everyone off ( plus it lets you lie about your age if you really wanted too muahh)

#16:  Author: solus.serpenLocation: UK PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:57 am
    —
You're 13 now, Whitey? Hm...interesting. Does that mean you're in year eight or year nine now?
(I thought you were one year younger than me)

Well I voted to level it up to five all on...well whatever those catagories were. Wink

~Solus

#17:  Author: The White Blacksmith PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:15 am
    —
I'm in year 9, but since I'm a late July birth I'm one of the youngest.

#18:  Author: NeverNeverGirlLocation: dreaming away of tomorrows to come PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:29 pm
    —
OLD FARTS STILL AHEAD!!! YAYYAYYYY

we have crept through the shadows and conquered IF ... mwhahahahahahhaaaa Laughing

#19:  Author: CrossfireLocation: Somewhere between here and not-here, now and not-now... in the half-light, the borderlands, between. PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:54 am
    —
The poll... appears to have closed. Well, thank you everyone for participating in the very first, IF-wide, DeP (Demographic Poll)! We'll probably host more of these soon, but until then stick around!

I don't think this one is quite done yet... At the very least, let's have a word from our sponsor, the City Councillor responsible for HEM... NeverNeverGirl! *sporadic applause* NeverNeverGirl, please take the stand. *steps off the podium and stands to one side, watching briefly. When the address is completed... it fades*

#20:  Author: Crunchyfrog PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:59 am
    —
Er, I have just checked and the poll is very still much open...

Shocked

#21:  Author: ReisoLocation: Western North America PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:23 am
    —
Also, it's not the first. There have been at least two topics of the same kind before, at least one of which also contained a poll. I say 'at least' because that was a while back and I have no idea what has or hasn't happened in the intervening time.

#22:  Author: AmichanLocation: RL:Roseboro, NC./ IF: Retuning from a long journey in the land of OFF PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:23 am
    —
agreed this poll is far from closed there are over 200+ on IF and only 28 decicde to vote? that means not everyone has seen the poll or there is a lot of dead weight laying around

#23:  Author: Mother GooseLocation: Connecticut PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:37 am
    —
Probably both.

#24:  Author: Tanis PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:59 pm
    —
I am 15 and pretty close to 16.

#25:  Author: The White Blacksmith PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:26 am
    —
There has always ben a lot of dead weight. When I joined the amount of people who had never posted was in the thousands. Then came the Great Exorcism, and the amount of members (as well as the amount of idearium) went down, with all those who never posted banished. People accumelate, and you also have all the Ifians who drop off the radar.

#26:  Author: AmichanLocation: RL:Roseboro, NC./ IF: Retuning from a long journey in the land of OFF PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:25 am
    —
i can understand some of them dropping of the radar but there are a few that have dropped and fallen off the radar for good

#27:  Author: Whisperer PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:20 am
    —
There you go, my vote put the 25+ back in front. I could nearly give Mother Goose a run for her money on that older than dirt title.

#28:  Author: Crunchyfrog PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:53 am
    —
Thought I would just take a snapshot here:

Quote:
age range (in RL years)
12 and under
0% [ 0 ]
13 - 16
32% [ 10 ]
17 - 19
19% [ 6 ]
20 - 25
12% [ 4 ]
25 +
35% [ 11 ]

At some stage it might be a good idea to close this poll and wait a few months, and then start it all over again. The demographic will shift over time - people obviously get older, but new people join, and it's interesting to see the age of the people who are joining and staying.

Thoughts, anybody?

Poll is still open.

#29:  Author: CyberwormLocation: Spatially found, temporal lockdown. PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:38 am
    —
I hear you there CF! Very Happy

I was 16 when i voted, and my birthday was 23th of October. Smile

So, count one off 14- 16 and add to 17-19...

Sorry folks, but the oldies are still running...

#30:  Author: LordoftheNightLocation: Hell PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:57 am
    —
Well, yes - they would be. If the poll options were every five, or every ten (ect) years, then it'd be a different trend together. But their choice stretches a lot further than any of the others.

#31:  Author: SmeeLocation: UK PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:22 pm
    —
Just 2 months into my 26th year, so I'm an oldie Smile

#32:  Author: NeverNeverGirlLocation: dreaming away of tomorrows to come PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:41 pm
    —
i have closed the poll - please do not delete this thread as it is needed for referencing regarding other matters.

Cheers - Ne

oh yeah and guess who won?

#33:  Author: The White Blacksmith PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:35 am
    —
How can we guess if the results aer sitting right there?

OK, I'm saying... 25+ won, with 12 votes.

#34:  Author: BookwizardLocation: Gallifrey PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:40 pm
    —
Ok...... if you must know, am 777, but i have been 777 for 10 years, and i have been waiting while being 777 to wait 10 years to stay 777 for 23 years and i have waited 777 years to be 888 which i only have waited 12 years of..... you got all that right. Smile

#35:  Author: KirrannaLocation: California PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:53 am
    —
I'm 18! Woot! I can have sex, smoke, and vote, but I can't drink alcohol...

#36:  Author: The Meaning Of FearLocation: In a deep, dark corner of the universe, plotting. PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:08 pm
    —
I can't vote, damn.

I appear to be the only active 12 year old here in IF. I know sasuke (Ifian, not the anime one) is 11 but he's inactive so he doesn't count.

Haha, from my perspective, all of you are old farts.

#37:  Author: D-LotusLocation: Hollywood, USA PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:16 pm
    —
Therefore, the majority of the IF population is under 25, although there is a large minority as well. Smile

#38:  Author: BookwizardLocation: Gallifrey PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:40 pm
    —
that there is, but you cant be sure that everyone is truthful about there age, as you can see a bit earlier in this post I saw that several people said they were 12, but in the poll, there is no one who says they are 12. Wink

#39:  Author: Crunchyfrog PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:18 pm
    —
D-Lotus wrote:
Therefore, the majority of the IF population is under 25, although there is a large minority as well. Smile

hehe, if you move the benchmark to 20, the vote is almost half and half! Very Happy

This poll is out of date as some of us have moved from one category to the next even since this thread was first started...

Might be interesting to re-poll again in a couple of months Smile

You'll be an old fart before you know it D. *shakes walking stick menacingly at young whippersnappers and falls over* Very Happy

#40:  Author: SoarReHelle PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:23 pm
    —
Hi everyone, I'm a bit older - but that's all I'm saying!

City of IF -> Open Forum Archives

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 8 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
Page 1 of 2