# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 14, 15, 16  Next  :| |:
City of IF -> The Time Before
How does Norral answer the guard?
Humbly deny all knowledge of any Sempa?
42%
 42%  [ 3 ]
Explain that your fire was throwing up a lot of sparks last night? Easily mistaken for fireballs at a distance.
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
Sempa killed your family. You're heading straight to the Capital to complain and demand recompense?
28%
 28%  [ 2 ]
Author option (DO NOT USE)
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7
Who Voted: algu95, Chinaren, D-Lotus, DeadManWalking, Key, Reiso, Smee

#41:  Author: Muaddib PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:33 pm
    —
*retch, puke* Nice chapter Smee! Very Happy

Hmmm...I think we should go to the bridge.

#42:  Author: Shady StoatLocation: England PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:28 pm
    —
Good one Smee. Smile

One question, before I make my suggestion though. Does Norral know the difficulty rating of these three targets? I'm assuming he knows the town is the easy option, but what about the other two?

#43:  Author: SmeeLocation: UK PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:34 pm
    —
Yes he knows, it's something he'd know through experience which is why I told you guys.

He's not certain why this bridge is any harder than a town, but he's heard rumours of this Captain that holed up there and the trouble it's caused to the Sempa supplies.

#44:  Author: Shady StoatLocation: England PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:44 pm
    —
The bridge sounds like a great adventure - more interesting than a town or a caravan...

... but he has a new command, untried and untested. I think he has to exercise a little caution until he gets to know, as a Commander, the people under him.

I think he'd go for the caravan, but not without regrets Smile

#45:  Author: Yup PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:11 am
    —
well, i rekon the same as Mr.Stoat. Try the bridge.

#46:  Author: SmeeLocation: UK PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:31 am
    —
Ok - The poll is closed for Chapter 1 - a tie as well. Shocked

As I have mentioned, we will see the resulting effect of this poll on Trengin in Chapter 3 due by Tuesday 1st Nov.

We have a tie over the issue of contact with Roah and his 'Circle'.

I will be writing it as if Trengin has no desire to be in contact, but the 'Circle' will keep in touch anyway. This hopefully satisfies both voting groups.

Happy Reading Smile

#47: Re: Chapter 2 Author: The Powers That BeLocation: Santa Monica, CA PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:25 am
    —
Smee wrote:
Or you can destroy a bridge that one annoying Captain is holding to the south, preventing our own caravans.

I'm definitely picking the bridge, but I have one question. If we need the bridge for our own caravans, do we really want to destroy it?

#48:  Author: SmeeLocation: UK PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:29 am
    —
Razz Excellent Powers - you spotted the entirely undeliberate mistake.

*Runs off to correct to 'Regain control of' Very Happy*

#49:  Author: D-LotusLocation: Hollywood, USA PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:39 pm
    —
This is your first time as a commander, and you don't even know your men. We don't know how ambicious ( or anything else, for that matter) this guy is, so go for the caravan.

#50:  Author: RavenwingLocation: Virginia PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:28 am
    —
My thoughts go with fauna's as this most recent chapter being bloody, violent, and brilliant. For this most recent chapter, my vote goes to attacking the caravan. Like Stoat mentioned, Norral has under his command a newly formed squad. It would be totally irrational to go head first into the hardest task just to impress the elders. But to go for such a stationary place like the town, seems too tame.

#51:  Author: D-LotusLocation: Hollywood, USA PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:24 pm
    —
Quote:
and brilliant

Dickens=Smee? Shocked

#52:  Author: SmeeLocation: UK PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:42 pm
    —
New poll up tomorrow everyone. Smile

#53:  Author: Dean PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:40 am
    —
Bridge! Bridge! Not only would it impress your superiors, but I really wanna see what happens to you if someone dies! Mad

#54:  Author: SmeeLocation: UK PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:12 am
    —
New poll is up.

It will close on Sunday and Norral's next chapter will be posted on the Tues 8th Nov.

Happy Voting. Smile

#55:  Author: ethereal_faunaLocation: USA PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:16 am
    —
Secure the bridge and impress the elders.

#56:  Author: ShogunLocation: In your nightmares, feeding on your fears. PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:50 pm
    —
My Gosh! I can't believe I been skipping this story. It's awesome! I vote take the bridge. Image is everything!

#57:  Author: evilhomer28 PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:56 am
    —
yeah i can't believe that i missed this storygame. great work with the violence and the blood. a lot like my new storygame : Johnny and the Nightmare Gloves. (sorry about shamelessy advertising, but i want more fables rofl).
im very glad you are writing another storygame and i also vote for the bridge.

to D-lotus - love the Dickens remark. i was laughing for ages

#58:  Author: martpart PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 5:50 am
    —
wow cool story! keep it up!

#59:  Author: saxon215 PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:09 am
    —
people you've got to think in the minds of both a mage and a strategist
the caravan is obviously the best and probabbly easiest bet
towns bin done its old and boring and due to the stuff up at the last one it needs a change
the bridge would be too bloody and push the main conflict in too quick
caravans move yes thats true but only because they are powered by horses
use easy non-draining spells to make the horses sick while the workers and defenders are either tending to the horses or removing some of the lugagge to be handled by humans instead of beast
have the mages stand around the caravan each one casts a low small and weak forcefield to the next mage so you get a circle pattern, the wall is not really to stop anyone from escaping just to slkow them down enough for the mages to kill them
or you could make the horses angry and start attacking the people and while everyone is crowded around trying to controll them a small forcefieled around them burn everything within the circle except for one person
two very easy and straightforward ways to win
another would be a small cloud of noxious or poisenous gasses while everyone in keiling over sick strike
so many possiblities

#60:  Author: SmeeLocation: UK PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:18 am
    —
Oooh - 4 new readers all in a few hours - excellent. Very Happy

Welcome guys,

and some good plans Sax. Smile

#61:  Author: saxon215 PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:01 am
    —
hahaha i just cant wait to find a spelling error to use against you

#62:  Author: Muaddib PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:41 pm
    —
I voted to capture the bridge, probably because I recently saw the episode of LOST where Hurley crosses the bridge.... :biggrin: jiggles jiggless jiggggleeeesss haahahahahahahahah

#63:  Author: saxon215 PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 3:31 am
    —
*shakes his head* people wont learn about warfare like i wont learn about spelling and grammer

#64:  Author: KeyLocation: The Royal Palace PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:02 am
    —
saxon215 wrote:
*shakes his head* people wont learn about warfare like i wont learn about spelling and grammer

Laughing Actually, saxon, you convinced me, but I'd already voted for the bridge. Smile

#65:  Author: SmeeLocation: UK PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:30 am
    —
The poll is closed and Norral will choose the bridge.

You are all going to have your work cut out keeping the team alive. Shocked

#66:  Author: Shady StoatLocation: England PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:14 am
    —
Nice chapter, Smee. Good job with getting Trengin into so much trouble in so little time Very Happy

I don't think he needs to stay in this town much longer. It's Frenquath he needs to be investigating, if he's looking into the Sempa situation.

However, if he can get himself some less stand-outish clothes on the way out of town, it will certainly help his chances with other scared and angry citizens. I think he can risk a long enough delay for that.

The only thing I don't like is that I've got to wait two weeks to find out what happens next! Laughing

#67:  Author: SmeeLocation: UK PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:16 am
    —
Ah - but next week you get the Bridge attack. Shocked

Happy Reading. Smile

#68:  Author: KeyLocation: The Royal Palace PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:31 am
    —
Hmm..an interesting situation.

I agree that our eventual goal should be to check out Frenquath. We need to know what we're up against.

But in the meantime, I think we should risk a spell trying to stop the thief and prevent a scene. There's some kind of talisman nearby that caused us to feel lost here. We should try to figure out what it is and why it's here. The thief may or may not know something, but in any case if he runs into the street and causes a commotion, we're going to lose all our chance of finding anything out - we'll be too busy trying to avoid the guards and get out of town.

So I'd hit the thief with a sleep spell, or something else that will keep him quiet and still to be questioned later.

#69:  Author: ethereal_faunaLocation: USA PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:42 pm
    —
Sod it, just leave town before any scene happens. It's doubtful that the commotion caused by the amulet can be traced to you anyways, and the thief most likely won't offer up the information on where he got it from. This little trip into town has turned out more trouble than it's worth.

#70:  Author: KeyLocation: The Royal Palace PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:43 pm
    —
Yeah, but aren't you curious what magic talisman has just tried to confuse us? If there's magic involved, it may have something to do with the Sempa. Maybe this town's next, and there's a spy checking out the defenses.

#71:  Author: ethereal_faunaLocation: USA PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:56 pm
    —
Yes, but by sticking around you are almost automatically assured to become involved. I'd rather find out more about what's going on, on my own terms and from a secure distance, than wait around and be thrust into the midst of something. If I'd wanted to jump right in I'd have joined the Circle.

#72: Nice Author: ChinarenLocation: https://www.NeilHartleyBooks.com PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:21 pm
    —
Very nice story Smee, lots of detailed touches, and I like the pictures, they really add to the atmosphere!

As for the wizard, I am of two minds. Firstly, don't mages have a good standing in the town?

I am of two minds (not very helpful I know, but there you go). First, just leave the thief and get on with his plan. The amulet is something that could be replaced.

However, it may be interesting to find out WHY a thief picked the pocket of a mage, surely it would not be considered a safe target? I would have thought he could cast a befuddlement spell on a problem guard or something, but I don't know his spell-casting methods.

So, in short. I don't know! Very Happy

#73:  Author: SmeeLocation: UK PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:36 pm
    —
Mages used to have good standing, but not since the attacks became more frequent.

Those who haven't experienced the Sempa are pretty indifferent and barely notice. The average town citizen probably wouldn't even recognise his clothes as a mage unless they really stared at him.

However, the soldiers would have been briefed of Frenquath's fate and are much more wary of mages. Most are in hiding or are Sempa, so it's healthy paranoia.

The thief perhaps just saw his cloak and presumed he had something worth stealing. Or he knew it was a mage and wanted to try for any magical artififacts that he had. Or maybe he is a spy for the Sempa, testing the defences. Trengin doesn't know.

#74:  Author: ChinarenLocation: https://www.NeilHartleyBooks.com PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:35 am
    —
Ah, well good information, but I still can't decide! Confused

#75:  Author: saxon215 PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:18 am
    —
im with you on this one key lets find that little theif and spell him up real good before it causes a problem

#76:  Author: The Powers That BeLocation: Santa Monica, CA PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:01 pm
    —
He can't get away clean - if he ignores the thief, there will be a disturbance and the guards will remember him. I don't see the downside to trying to stop the thief - if he fails, it's just another disturbance.

#77:  Author: ethereal_faunaLocation: USA PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:57 am
    —
Exactly, some sort of disturbance either way, so just git while the git'n is good, clean or no.

#78:  Author: saxon215 PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:37 am
    —
hahaha well said fauna

#79:  Author: ethereal_faunaLocation: USA PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:47 am
    —
Laughing I do try. Our guy sounds non-confrontational...he has avoidance issues.

#80:  Author: KeyLocation: The Royal Palace PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:22 am
    —
ethereal_fauna wrote:
Exactly, some sort of disturbance either way, so just git while the git'n is good, clean or no.

But if the spell works, there's no disturbance. We get to play it cool and we might find something out. Might as well give it a shot, I say.

City of IF -> The Time Before

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 8 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 14, 15, 16  Next  :| |:
Page 2 of 16