[/[Print]\]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  :| |:
City of IF -> The Greatest Fantasy Story Ever

#41:  Author: Stubby PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:22 pm
    —
Thracia Alba wrote:
beanstock

Yay! typoes are contagious!

At this rate, pretty soon, between us, we'll have them locked in caves suspended in mid-aim from ropes tied to the roof of a poot beanstock.

But coming back to the plot for a moment, you've told us that Cleo isn't a witch, just a rep for the council, and we already know that Coriander is a chocolate teapot, but what about Gemma - if Cleo knows her, could she be a witch? Or for that matter, could she be anythin useful in this situation?

#42:  Author: Thracia AlbaLocation: The Golden State PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:29 pm
    —
Stubby wrote:

Yay! typoes are contagious!

Indeed, they are! Laughing Gimme a break, though; I just got back from my German class, and the language center of my brain is all tuckered out.

Coriander is a chocolate teapot? Did I miss something? Shocked

Gemma's past (or the more important bits of it) will be explained, hopefully, in the next chapter, though I'm sure everyone's already guessed anyway. I still have a few tricks up my frayed sleeve. Wink

#43:  Author: Shady StoatLocation: England PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:42 pm
    —
Thracia Alba wrote:

Coriander is a chocolate teapot? Did I miss something? Shocked

I'm guessing that Stubby's referring to the phrase:

"About as much use as a chocolate teapot"

(perhaps... Confused)

#44:  Author: Thracia AlbaLocation: The Golden State PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:52 pm
    —
Well there's an expression I haven't seen before. It's a goodie, though.

#45:  Author: SmeeLocation: UK PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:32 pm
    —
Chocolate fireguard is the one I've heard most often, but teapot works for me. Very Happy

#46:  Author: ChinarenLocation: https://www.NeilHartleyBooks.com PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:40 pm
    —
...and chocolate teacup.

#47:  Author: Thracia AlbaLocation: The Golden State PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:41 pm
    —
Yeah, I'd say that sums up Coriander's usefulness pretty accurately. Wink But perhaps he'll prove himself later. Who knows?

I do, that's who.

Edit: Poll's up, people!

#48:  Author: ethereal_faunaLocation: USA PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:57 am
    —
Went for the poot root option, despite the typos. Wink

#49:  Author: Stubby PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:16 am
    —
I went for the root of the tree that goes poot.
So down fly the cages while up the elf shoots!
I know that it's my own idea I toot,
But for all of the others I don't give two hoots!

Well, actually, some of them were rather good, but I couldn't think of a Better rhyme!

#50:  Author: RavenwingLocation: Virginia PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:02 am
    —
I would go about saving a poor tree, but I think I will just go with my idea. You know to add some competition. Cool

#51:  Author: LordoftheNightLocation: Hell PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:46 am
    —
Voted.

#52:  Author: SmeeLocation: UK PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:54 am
    —
It's gotta be the poor roots Very Happy

Happy Writing Smile

#53:  Author: RavenwingLocation: Virginia PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:04 am
    —
Didn't know we had a lot of tree huggers here. Very Happy

#54:  Author: Thracia AlbaLocation: The Golden State PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:23 am
    —
Get off my lawn, you smelly hippies!

You guys are certainly determined to make me work for this, aren't you? If that option wins (which it looks like it will), I'm going to have my work cut out for me in chapter five. But that's what makes all this worth it, I suppose.

Or is it the fables? Yes, that must be it. Wink

Last edited by Thracia Alba on Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

#55:  Author: RavenwingLocation: Virginia PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:53 am
    —
*laughs* We make you work hard, so you can give us some good stuff. Of course the fables are useful. We earn a lot.

#56:  Author: LordoftheNightLocation: Hell PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:22 am
    —
Surely it'll be chapter five next?

#57:  Author: RavenwingLocation: Virginia PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:56 pm
    —
Yes Lordy, 5 comes after 4. Very Happy

Well actually, it's chapter 5 in storygame terms, but I think if this were a novel, it would be like chapter 8 or something around there. Cool

#58:  Author: Solomon BirchLocation: England..... but Japan beckons..... PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:26 pm
    —
Voted for poot root purely because it it seems the most likely to get them out of trouble. Very Happy

And cos everyone's raving about it so much... Wink :biggrin:

#59:  Author: Thracia AlbaLocation: The Golden State PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:31 pm
    —
Actually, Rave, lordy's comment was in reference to the fact that I accidentally said I'd have my work cut out for me in chapter four, instead of chapter five. Huh-whoops! Like I said, the language center of my brain was all pooted out last night. Sad

Quote:
Well actually, it's chapter 5 in storygame terms, but I think if this were a novel, it would be like chapter 8 or something around there.

Heh. Funny you should mention that, because last night I went to print out chapters 2-4 of my story for my brother (because he's too lazy to get off his arse to read it off the internet like everyone else). I was expecting maybe ten pages at the most, but instead it printed out, like, fifty. Shocked Am I long-winded, or what?

#60:  Author: Shady StoatLocation: England PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:08 am
    —
You and me both, kiddo! Shocked

I seem to have lost the ability to write short chapters these days. You, it seems, never had the ability in the first place.

With chapters this good, though, who cares? Keep it long, keep it funny and keep the poots coming Razz

#61:  Author: RavenwingLocation: Virginia PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:01 am
    —
Long chapters are so much easier to write than short chapters. We have so much to say, and it's hard to put it in within a few short pages. You should see my NanoWrimo Story, it's about 120 pages typed on Microsoft Word.

#62:  Author: Araex PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:30 am
    —
I quite like Soily's idea about straining the branches, but seeing as how its not in the poll I'll go for the poor root.

#63:  Author: RavenwingLocation: Virginia PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:02 pm
    —
So do we have to wait long for the fifth chapter, Thracy? I think the tree-huggers are winning. Very Happy

#64:  Author: Solomon BirchLocation: England..... but Japan beckons..... PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:03 pm
    —
Heh, just a tad dear Ravey! Razz

#65:  Author: RavenwingLocation: Virginia PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:23 pm
    —
You mean I have to wait a tad bit until the next chapter? Or are you a tad bit of a tree-hugger, Solie? Cool

#66:  Author: Thracia AlbaLocation: The Golden State PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:28 pm
    —
Ravenwing wrote:
So do we have to wait long for the fifth chapter, Thracy? I think the tree-huggers are winning. Very Happy

Well, I'm going to try my hardest to avoid a repeat of the month-long wait between chapters three and four. I'm putting together some ideas (since the way the poll went was unexpected and completely changed my plans, you darn sneaky Iffians), and I'm going to try to start tonight. Giving up coffee for Lent has definitely taken its toll on my writing, though, since nighttime is the only chance I get to write in peace, and now I get tired around 12 AM. I have a feeling things will really take off after Easter... Very Happy

#67:  Author: RavenwingLocation: Virginia PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:31 pm
    —
Didn't notice the month-long gap. I just got into this story this month. I pity those who do Lent, though I myself would never be able to do it. *pats Thracy* You will a lot better soon enough. Keep strong. Very Happy

#68:  Author: Solomon BirchLocation: England..... but Japan beckons..... PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:55 pm
    —
Ravenwing wrote:
You mean I have to wait a tad bit until the next chapter? Or are you a tad bit of a tree-hugger, Solie? Cool

*gasp* How dare you? Hug trees? Bleuch! Surprised

#69:  Author: RavenwingLocation: Virginia PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:59 am
    —
*laughs* That answers my question.

#70:  Author: Thracia AlbaLocation: The Golden State PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:16 pm
    —
I once hugged a tree. After losing a bet. In the ninth grade. When I was fourteen. *hangs head in shame*

If anyone knows a good source of caffeine, other than coffee (and if it's tea, it had better be darn good, 'cause I hate that stuff), I would greatly appreciate it if they could let me know about it. Last night I had to go to sleep at 12:30 AM because I just couldn't keep my eyes open. Sad

#71:  Author: SmeeLocation: UK PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:27 pm
    —
Redbull is good Very Happy - but isn't half-past midnight a reasonable time to fall asleep? Confused

#72:  Author: RavenwingLocation: Virginia PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:36 pm
    —
Not when you're a high school student trying to get into college. I hear most students stay up till 3 in the morning, which is normal. I pulled a near all-nighter once for an English paper, 4 AM. I would say going to sleep half-past midnight is just plain luck for any of us. I usually drink tea, straight black jasmine tea, or Korean ginsing tea.

#73:  Author: Thracia AlbaLocation: The Golden State PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:43 pm
    —
Half-past twelve is usually a good time to sleep, but I live with my family still, and the only time I can write in peace is after everyone else has gone to bed around 10:45. When I wrote chapter four, I was up until 4 AM (and I had to get up at 9, but it was worth it to finally get the stupid thing written).

I've never tried Redbull. Does it taste any good? I'll have to look into that and the two teas you mentioned, Rave. Thanks! *passes around grateful cookies*

#74:  Author: SmeeLocation: UK PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:46 pm
    —
If you can cope with intense sweetness and like Calpol with a touch of cough medicine - then you'll love Redbull.

As it is - I do Very Happy

#75:  Author: RavenwingLocation: Virginia PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:50 pm
    —
There was some other energy drink I heard of that my brother and his friends like since they're all gamers and need it when they have LAN parties...but I can't remember the name of it.

*takes a bite of the cookie* Yeah, double chocolate chip!

#76:  Author: Solomon BirchLocation: England..... but Japan beckons..... PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:01 pm
    —
There are these wierd tablets called 'Foosh' which as much caffeine as a cup of stong coffee. Just like a really strong breathmint, but they work. WoW all-nighters got easier with 'em, though I've finally stopped doing that now. *hangs head in shame* Confused

#77:  Author: LordoftheNightLocation: Hell PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:20 pm
    —
As I don't like tea of coffee, I generally just drink coke. Normally end up going to bed around 5am, and then up again at 8.

You get through a lot of coke though.

#78:  Author: RavenwingLocation: Virginia PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:05 pm
    —
I have tried drinking soda in general for caffeine, and it just doesn't work for me. So I just catnap for half an hour, and am wide awake for several more hours.

#79:  Author: Stubby PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:21 pm
    —
There's caffeine in all sorts of drinks and stuff.

My personal favourite is penguin mints, but they can be quite hard to get hold of.

For some idea of the relative amounts of caffeine in various things, go take a look at http://www.energyfiend.com/death-by-caffeine/ or, if you still want to know, try http://coffeefaq.com/site/node/25

Have fun.

#80:  Author: Thracia AlbaLocation: The Golden State PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:45 pm
    —
Oooh, apparently it would take about 52 cups of coffee to kill me. Cool. *passes out more grateful cookies*

I think I've finally hit upon a solution: Vernor's ginger soda. I don't think it contains any caffeiney goodness, but it does keep me awake somehow. Thanks for all the help! I almost bought some Redbull at the store tonight, but I chickened out.

City of IF -> The Greatest Fantasy Story Ever

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 8 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  :| |:
Page 2 of 4