Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
IQ issue 17. 4.Mar.8. Happy New Year Edition!

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> Info Street - FAQs and Guides to the City -> IFquirer
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Topics: 339

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:18 am    Post subject: IQ issue 17. 4.Mar.8. Happy New Year Edition! Reply with quote

Issue 17 March 5th 2008. Price: 0 Fables.

Happy New Year!

The IQ would like to wish all IFians a Happy and prosperous new year!

All the staff here at the IQ sincerely hope 2008 will be a year where IF prospers.

By March the Mayor is said to have vowed to have finished Magician’s Touch and increased the number of citizens to at least 200,000. We here at the IQ look forward to the March edition. No doubt by then we will have many more issues under our belts.

So here’s looking to the future! Huzzah!

Wheel be back!
By Nevernevergirl

A big welcome back to King Key and the return of his popular series The Wheel. The archers flight is a cut above and perhaps should be seen as being what a SG is really about. Who better to turn to for guidance on the SG vision than the visionary himself?

Great to see you back in SG land again!

All Hail the Return of Key! Long live the King!

By Nevernevergirl

THE SIGHTLESS SEER! By Novelist_Ninjagirl

The sightless Seer is the first SG contribution to IF by Novelist_Ninjagirl (more commonly known as Noni.). It tells the tale of a young girl named Rena who is struck suddenly blind by a freak accident and the life (read misadventures) she leads afterwards. After she ad her brother watch the desecration of their home, Rena is struck blind in a storm and decides her younger brother must be fostered out. Seeing him placed with a farmer and his wife, she moves on in order to find her place in the world. Can there ever be a useful purpose for a sightless waif?

Flash forward five years to a young woman with a remarkable propensity for clear sight (and fighting) despite her infliction. Known as the Sightless Seer a bounty hunter with a reputation for ruthlessness, the reality is that she has an extreme reluctance to kill anyone. Befriended one lonely night by the paladin Trien the story starts to find its feet in the form of an adventure.

Add to the mix Kisumi, a werewolf with impecable timing, and Ayame the mysterious Rogue and you have the ingredients for a powerful SG full of twists and turns.

Showing remarkable maturity for her age Noni captures the essence of Rena with a clarity that defies belief. This story is definitly one that is growing with the writer and each chapter shows Noni taking on-board every comment/review given and using it to strengthen her writers skills.

Now at chapter three and soon to poll I suggest you get involved ASAP before you get left behind and miss the chance to join in on The Sightless Seer.

IFY roundup!
By Nevernevergirl

The Ifys finished of 2007 in spectacular style!

The nominations were fast and furious and the voting was all out war!

The winners were as follows:

BEST NEW SG/LINEAR: GEEKGIRL - I DON’T BELIEVE IN FATE
BEST NON-SGOM: MEPHISTOPHELES - MY PSYCHOSIS
BEST PLOT: CRUNCHYFROG - MAGICIAN’s TOUCH
BEST FIGHT SCENE; LORDOFTHENIGHT - A FRONTE PERCIPITAUM LUPI

BEST CRITIC: ZEPHYR
BEST SG PLAYER: ZEPHYR

BEST CHARACTER: CHINAREN’s SMUR from the tale AVARICE
BEST SUPPORTING CHARACTER: LORDOFTHENIGHT’S KAGAMUSHO from FRONTE
BEST ANTAGONIST: CHINAREN’s scarily accurate depiction of LORDY in WRATH

SPECIAL AWARDS:

TECH-HEAD OF THE YEAR: Our benevolent KING KEY
MOST INVOLVING SG: SUPERHUMAN by ZEPHYR
SPEACIAL AWARD FOR RUTHLESSNESS: LEBBY
WARCRACK AWARD FOR BEST COMEBACK: SMEE
NO. 59 BUS AWARD: LORDY FOR A FRONTE
SHAMELESS ADVERTISER: CHINAREN

GOLDEN IFY WINNER: NEVERNEVERGIRL’s BARRY THE NORMAL.

Adventures in IF!
By Nevernevergirl

Which warrior fairy was seen cavorting with a worm in chat recently?

A source tells us that a newbie dragon with a gift for artistry tie-dyed a certain robe bright pink.

Seen around the Games district: a beer swilling man and a certain alcoholic fairy – or were they?

By Nevernevergirl

Robbie is a young boy who is tricked into entering an alternate reality. Here he meets a colourful cast of characters ('Damn Straight') and embarks on an adventure of discovery. A powerful skill is uncovered in the form of being able to create reality from imagination and he begins to unravel the fabric of a universe.

We sent a reporter off to seek out D-Lotus in the first of a series of in-depth, hard hitting interviews. Once she came back and we had sobered her up, this is what Nenners had recorded:

Why did you write it?
Initially, I began writing it as a sort of memoir I was that California boy the car, the smell of the flowers... the sun-baked earth; that was my life.

Then, two pages in, I decided to incorporate it with an idea I had for a fantasy world. It was an idea I had conceived for a short story about a greed-driven world where children were burned as fuel I had tried writing the story, but I couldn't materialize it, but when I incorporated it to my memories as a child, it seemed to fit perfectly.

IF - how did you find it and why did it draw you in?
Embarrassingly enough, I found it while searching for RPG on Google. I was 12, and hooked on some kind of Adventure Quest game online, so I was searching for similar games. When I clicked on Interfable, it seemed like something I had always been looking for. I was an avid reader, and I was searching to receive online encouragement for my writing as well. I began reading The Ram, one of the Wheel series. I read the first six chapters in one day. I thought it was fantastic, good quality stuff.
This must be a site with recognition, I decided to post something!

In my first try, I received much encouragement, particularly from members like Ravenwing and Smee. I was conquered by their praise. Soon after, I began the first "How old are you?" thread in the open forum. There were only three threads other than mine in the open forum at that time. Anyway, things began developing... Usually, it was a small group of individuals that changed things. Mostly, they were new arrivals and had many good things to contribute.

Take Crunchyfrog. She hasn't been here long, yet she's doing a great job as mayor. The old ones must give room for the newbies to improve the site. The best thing is that Key is always open to any suggestion.

What is your fav SG at the moment?
hmm... I haven't been reading much, to be honest... The Dark is a worthwhile one, and Ashkent's Grim Reaping certainly has style, too. Until recently, I was following Galleons of the Stars, and Zephyr's Doppelganger was looking good when I last checked in.

Fav IF moment. What’s the first thing you do when you log into IF?
First thing I do is check my PMs, of course. Private mail is more important than anything else for me.
Fav IF moment..hmmm. I have a couple. The IFy's are always exciting, as well as some other less important contests. Whenever I post a new chapter, I always get giddy...

Word association now..
Book
Bible
fish
Moby-Dick
music
Mozart
IF
Possibility

Last words?
John Dunne or... Haiku
(I thought of them simultaneously)

John Dunne?
yes. You know, "No Man is an Island"

oh yes..
He wrote it on his deathbed

Why haiku?
The Japanese would read a haiku before they committed Seppuku, that’s very interesting.

And my VERY last question...What should the world know about D-Lotus?
That I’m arriving.

Round-up!

Last month’s SGotM was taken by newcomer, Ashkent and his comedy tale of Death: Grim Reaping.

This months nominations are now being taken, so rush down and do something!

Chinaren’s Tired of Death remains at number one with 25 Faves, up one. Staying steady in second place is our beloved Mayors’ Magician’s Touch also down one on 13 Faves.

Galleons of the Stars has risen to 10 Faves to take third place solidly.

The lower half of the charts have seen a lot of movement recently, but currently that foul story of depravity: The Dark by The Dark and D-Lotus’s latest epic Bittersweet Reverie share the last two slots place with 8 Faves, along with Superhuman who also has 8 Faves but can’t fit in the box.

Advertising!
Do you wish to advertise your SGame in IQ? Please submit your inquiries to the editor

IQ needs you!
So you think you can write? If so, please contact the editor for submission rules.

Articles and in-depth reviews of any Sgames welcomed!
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> IFquirer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: