Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
IQ. Issue 21. Its all in the Works (Nov 2008 )

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> Info Street - FAQs and Guides to the City -> IFquirer
View previous topic :: View next topic  

NeverNeverGirl
Honored Citizen

Topics: 68

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:40 pm    Post subject: IQ. Issue 21. Its all in the Works (Nov 2008 ) Reply with quote

Issue 21 November 2008. Price: 0 fables.

The IFy’s are coming!

The IQ has the proud privilege of announcing that the beloved IFy’s are almost upon us!
Official festivities including; nominations, award ideas and special IFy sponsorship promotions, will begin in the coming weeks!
So get your SGs in order and your thinking caps on and WHO KNOWS what may happen! Maybe you too will be lucky enough to take home an IFy of your very own! Join the likes of CrunchFrog, Chinaren, LordoftheNight and Many More!

A Note From The Ed.

Hi there IF!

Well this year has certainly flown fast and it seems that the IFy’s are just around the corner – it’s time for us all to embrace the tradition and let our hair down with some fun and frivolities! So start polishing up those SGs and making room on your mantles – there will be IFy’s gracing some very soon.
In the Lead up to the Big Event let’s all take some time out to remember what bought each of Us to IF to start with... the SGs, the Community and the environment of Fun and Possibility!
Stop by Chat and catch up over a bevy or two!* We miss your slumped forms propping up the bar (we may even have to get actual legs for it soon! Shocked ) !
Check out our special section this month – moments from the IFki – learn a little of the history of this City you call home! Let us know if there is something that the IFki is missing or pass it on to IFs very own LoreKeeper DeadManWalking!
Check out the Spotlight on Alegria winner of SGoM October – find out what makes this writer tick!!
Father Simmons makes his debut in this issue, facing some very hard hitting issues and giving out advice the best way he knows how!

*we here at the IQ like a nice Ol’ Shady Ale or a drop of IF’s very own Raging Smee, Hidden Writer..

An Announcement From Geek_Girl72
Dear Citizens of IF,

Due to personal problems, I regret that I will not be able to return to complete the multiple Story Games I have started on this site.
However, due to all the encouragement and general support I have received from this community, I would hate to simply leave them unfinished for those that have shown interest in them and taken the time to give me their valuable advice.
Therefore, I would like to hand them over to any author(s) wishing to take them on and see the storyline(s) completed.
If interested in finishing any of them, please contact me, or the moderator of the SG's respective forum, to make arrangements.

Goodbye, with many thanks and fond memories,
GG

By Nevernevergirl

Everyone has a color, Everyone has a key... colors control them, and they're stuck like that until they die... But can the colors be changed?
Do You hear the music? Do You see the colors? Alex does.

SGoM winner Alegria has come up with a very unique concept in his story Rhapsody in Blue. His individual story telling style has critiques and fans alike – we sent our intrepid reporter over to find out more!

Due to a very unfortunate accident Alegria has lost his SG to the realms of Deletion. It is highly recommend that when writing a SG or Linear for IF that you write it in a text program (word, notes, whatever) and that you save it on your hard drive, IF is an internet site with multiple moderators and though we try our hardest to ensure it doesn’t happen sometimes things do get lost. Another benefit of this is that most of these programs have a spelling and grammar checker!

1. Describe Alegria
Alegria is an elven-mage. He has golden skin, is very tall, and has fair hair and piercing golden eyes. He wears flowing purple robes that seem to change shade with golden runes sown in at the hems. He carries with him an ebony staff, laced with gold filigree, with an astrolabe-looking thing on the top from which he casts his magic. It’s hard to tell his age, but he seems to be young, despite the fact that he has been in the city for quite a while. If you every care to pay a visit, he lives in the large mansion in the Fantasy Forest with the tan granite and green marble.

2. What first brought you to IF?

I had recently become bored with (and gotten into some trouble over) another online game called Furcadia. After my Furcadian days were over, my sister (Hearken, an old member who stopped being active before most of you were here), found a website called InterFable, which later became IF. I joined after the transition to IF had been made as a creative outlet.

3. What is your inspiration for your award-winning SG Rhapsody in Blue?
Well, I don’t know for sure. Someone once said I had been watching a little too much August Rush, but don’t believe them. I guess, simply put, I love music, I love art, and I love writing, so I decided to combine the three in an interesting way.

4. What is the first thing you do when you log into IF?

I check the New Posts feature. It’s very useful.

5. Who is your IFian hero and why?

That’s tough. I’d have to say Smee. Though he’s not on as much now (us old folks have to get to bed at a decent time, you see), when I joined years ago he was one of the prominent players and was even elected our first mayor (I joined a pre-constitutional monarchy IF). His stories were always interesting, his posts were always helpful, and he guided me through my first few months in IF.

6. IFian shame moment?

Waaaaay back when I joined I had an avatar that was supposed to be the face of a wise old storyteller. Other people thought I was a grandma. That, coupled with the fact that my name is Spanish and words in Spanish that end in “A” are feminine, made everyone think I was a girl for several months.

7. Favourite IFian moment?

I can’t pick one, but my moments are always when I finish writing a storygame.

8. Fav current SG and why?

I may not comment much on SGs, but let it be known that I do read them. My current favorite is probably The Weatherwarden by FatHairyApe. It’s an interesting game with a well-defined world and rules. The DPs are involving and I enjoy a basic save the world sort of story.

9. Word association.

Bucket- kick

Game- clue

Hat- MINE!!! (I love hats)

Cow- horse

Book
- joy

Woot!- Alandra

10. Favorite Quote?

A writer doesn't solve problems. He allows them to emerge.

-Friedrich Dürrenmatt

11. What should IF know about Alegria?

Just that, even though my name may not show up everywhere, I’m still here and I’m still reading!

IQ QUICKIE!
An interesting conversation in chat has us wondering what would the IFian flag look like? What are the lyrics to the IFian Anthem? Let us know...

Round-up!

Last month’s SGotM was taken by back from the dead IFian Alegria and his intriguing SG: Rhapsody in Blue..

This months nominations have been suspended in lieu of a SGo2M next month!

September’s SGoM by that FatHairyApe The WeatherWarden sits at number one with 8 Faves. Staying steady in second place is our beloved CF’s Magician’s Touch with 5 faves!
In a tie for third we have Shatterglass by K.Rai and Conversations with a Dead Friend by MarbleDog with 3 favs each!
Taking over these SGs for top dog position isn’t entirely out of reach so get those fingers tappity tapping and get your fav’s up!

IFian IDOL now polling for the Winner! Get into the Next Idol to be the winner of the 500fable prize!

Advertising!
Do you wish to advertise your SGame in IQ? Please submit your inquiries to the editor

IQ needs you!
So you think you can write? If so, please contact the editor for submission rules.

Articles and in-depth reviews of any Sgames welcomed!
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> IFquirer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: